PDA

View Full Version : Very New LFG 5E

jdrage
November 6th, 2016, 04:08
FG License: FG Standard License
Time Zone: UTC -5 Eastern Standard Time (USA)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Monday-Friday 5pm-11pm Saturday, Sunday 10am-9pm
Term: just starting out so not sure
Voice: I have Teamspeak or i can get whatever the group is using I hope the group uses Voice I want to voice my character I only speak English

About me: Hey I'm Jd I've wanted to try D&D for years but never had someone to play with found out i could play online today so I literally just downloaded FG I've looked at a few videos and setup my character I'm super excited to play I think i could really get into the role of any character I'm playing and would like to try.

JohnD
November 6th, 2016, 04:11
Welcome JD.

5e especially is very popular and games fill up quickly so your best bet is to read through the LFG section and reach out to DMs who are recruiting instead of hoping they will see your post - most games fill up (and then some) without a DM having to do much more than just post it and be willing to run it.

jdrage
November 6th, 2016, 04:15
Ah ok thank you for your help!

I thought I should put a post upfront so they know I'm new, not sure if that will be a problem.

JohnD
November 6th, 2016, 04:24
Being a new player, either to D&D in general or FG (or both) is usually not a problem in my experience.

Everyone here started using FG sometime and remembers what it's like - most are happy to walk a new person through what they need to know to play their character. And a new player looking for their first exposure to D&D is frankly quite a treat from a DM's perspective IMO... you get an interaction that isn't jaded by knowing the rulebook inside and out, backwards and forwards.

Just approach a few DMs who look like they're running a game in your time of availability, with a scenario that sounds interesting to you and have at it. :)

GunnarGreybeard
November 6th, 2016, 06:29
Ah ok thank you for your help!

I thought I should put a post upfront so they know I'm new, not sure if that will be a problem.
Nope, shouldn't be a problem at all posting that information. Sometimes you will get a GM contact you directly but just be sure to scan the forums and apply to games that fit your time zone and interest because as JohnD said, D&D 5e games fill up quickly so you gotta be quick to get a spot in many cases.