PDA

View Full Version : LFG 2 Player LF MON/WED/FRI Game EST US Time Zone prefer 5E

crankdawg47
November 6th, 2016, 03:11
FG License: FG Standard License
Time Zone: UTC -5 Eastern Standard Time (USA)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Monday, Wednesday, or Friday evenings/nights weekly/bi-weekly
Term: Would prefer an on-going game. could be long term or short term.
Voice: Currently have TeamSpeak, Mumble, and Skype available. Capable to downloading other software as needed. Only speak English with any sort of fluency

Game System Preferred: Prefer 5e since I have experience with it. Also interested in Pathfinder if someone is willing to teach a newb.
Game System Experience: Experienced with 5E, have been shown PF and 4E but no actual experience with them
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Very experienced with FG's systems. Can help others if needed. Can code in custom effects for abilities when required.

Character Type Preferred: I like RPing just about any character archetype as long as it makes sense. I have a wide range and can manifest multiple character types depending on what the campaign calls for. As far as class, I'm willing to play just about anything but I prefer classes with some manner of casting option or neat quirk. Not the biggest fan of characters that just "Use sword on man" through the whole combat.
About me:
Hi there! My name is Chris. Some call me Crank. My brother and I were part of a Wednesday night game that fell through when our DM had to bow out for life reasons (It happens). Because of this, I am looking for a new game to join. This could be a new game altogether or I can join mid story if that is your preference. I'm quite experienced with Fantasy Grounds as a platform and 5E as a game system.

Personally, I have been running a weekly homebrew game in 5E using FG since July '16 so I am familiar with what goes into running a game and can assist newer players when needed. As far as personality is concerned, I try to be as diplomatic as possible. People generally like me and I avoid interpersonal drama whenever possible.

In regard to game style, I run a story-driven campaign with an emphasis on player agency. So, as a player, I'm looking for a game where I'm allowed to play the part of the character I've created. I see RPGs as a means to cooperatively tell a story with the people gathered around the table.

As a player, I tend to fall somewhere on the actor or strategist archetype. I enjoy playing the character and often will spend time outside the game trying to fine tune the character's abilities to suit a particular play style that I find appropriate to the character in question. I like RP and Combat play about equally so I'm content to go with the flow.

If you have a spot for me, post here with the time and date of your game sessions and we'll sort things out.

Nomoreliches
November 6th, 2016, 20:02
Hi Crank,

I am also looking for a Friday night game. My post is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34841-LFG-Veteran-D-amp-D-player-looking-for-homebrew-group&p=299089#post299089). You mentioned your brother: is he looking for a game as well? If so then we have 3 players looking for the same type of game on Fridays.

crankdawg47
November 6th, 2016, 23:58
Hi Crank,

I am also looking for a Friday night game. My post is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34841-LFG-Veteran-D-amp-D-player-looking-for-homebrew-group&p=299089#post299089). You mentioned your brother: is he looking for a game as well? If so then we have 3 players looking for the same type of game on Fridays.

My brother has a... complicated schedule. The only night I know that he is consistently available is Wednesday. The game I run is on Saturday nights, and I have grad classes on tues/thurs, so, generally speaking, my availability is limited to mon/wed/fri.

C8kiemonstr
November 11th, 2016, 06:55
Hey Crank,

Should you find a game for Monday nights, please consider me a +1 to join in! I've been looking for quite awhile! can even work together with charecter back stories and such. I've got a duo brewed up that I haven't been able to use due to no one I know own playing games with me.