PDA

View Full Version : Adding Items to tables

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 22:36
Couldn't seem to find this specific info in the wiki--

When dragging links to a table, the name (text) of the link doesn't populate within the table. Is there a way to do this rather than having to retype every link's text in the table?

As an example, since the DMG doesn't have a table for Adamantine Armor like it does for Mithral and Mariner Armors, I am creating the eight types in one table. So to do that, I had to drag in the eight links and then rename all of them because they were blank. Just wondering if there's an easier way?

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 22:53
No it doesn't bring the name it just creates a link.

There isn't a table for adamantine armour I think becasue that armour is given out in specific rolls rather than for some of the other armours which just says oh, you got mariner's armour of some kind.

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 22:57
I'm in for a daunting task it seems. I am next for example wanting to create a table that will roll a random armor of resistance. So I have to drag 120 links onto a table and retype them all. Is that the easiest way?

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 23:11
There's already tables in the DMG for Armour of Resistance all 120 of them :)

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 23:14
It's a good (god damn) thing I have you Zac to keep me from pulling out my hair. This is powerful. Wait till you see what I have in the works. If you can't guess already. ThanX again!

I searched for that table and just missed that it was there.

Andraax
November 5th, 2016, 23:29
Besides, you don't really need a text entry in the table. Just drag your items to the table and set the output to "Parcel". When the table entry is rolled, you get a parcel pop up that shows the item (with it's name) and is ready to drag onto the Party Inventory, or an individual's inventory, or just drop it on the character's portrait (then they can decide whether to claim it themselves, without anyone else knowing, or put it in the party inventory for everyone else to see).

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 23:57
Besides, you don't really need a text entry in the table. Just drag your items to the table and set the output to "Parcel". When the table entry is rolled, you get a parcel pop up that shows the item (with it's name) and is ready to drag onto the Party Inventory, or an individual's inventory, or just drop it on the character's portrait (then they can decide whether to claim it themselves, without anyone else knowing, or put it in the party inventory for everyone else to see).

Except that I'm genrating story entries using tables and I want to see the names in the story item. And if the links are blank in the tables, they show up blank in the story entry as well.