PDA

View Full Version : Volo's price in the bundle offer?

Wizard89763
November 5th, 2016, 22:20
I was going to purchace volo's guide through the bundle offer at the reduced rate shown, but when put in the cart it went back to the original price

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 23:15
Add it to your cart from the bundle, not the main entry in the store.

Wizard89763
November 6th, 2016, 14:57
I did and it still came up with the regular price.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2016, 15:02
I did and it still came up with the regular price.
When you click on "Complete the Set" on the store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/) page is Volo's guide the only item you see that isn't owned?

If so, when you click on the green "$37.49" Bundle button a "Contents of Your Shopping Cart" page will be displayed. The item cost will be listed at $49.99 but there is a $12.50 discount line below that, for a total of $37.49.

Wizard89763
November 6th, 2016, 23:38
thank you for the assistance

Wizard89763
November 6th, 2016, 23:50
ok, Sorry but I just tried it again, and Volo's only comes up with the 49.99 price. i also tried it with another book that I do not own yet and it showed the discount as you said, but Volo's only comes up the the original price.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2016, 23:52
ok, Sorry but I just tried it again, and Volo's only comes up with the 49.99 price. i also tried it with another book that I do not own yet and it showed the discount as you said, but Volo's only comes up the the original price.
Are you saying that you do not own all of the 5E products? The discount is only if you bundle all products together - you have to purchase every one of the WotC 5E products you don't own to get the bundle discount. You need to "complete the set".

Wizard89763
November 7th, 2016, 00:37
under the complete the set area it will allow you to get the discount one book at a time you do not have to buy the all at once as long as you own the core set. for instance if I do not own the sword coast adventuring guide i can put it in the cart by its self and purchace it with the discount. but this doesn't work with volo's

Trenloe
November 7th, 2016, 04:39
The complete the set option states: "You can pick up all the licensed D&D fifth edition content in one easy step and save 25% doing so. If you already have some of the content, you can pick up all the rest for 25% off. Log in and then complete the set."

You do not get a 25% discount if you only own the core set. You only get the discount if you are buying all of the WotC books you don't own at once - to "Complete the Set".

Trenloe
November 7th, 2016, 04:46
for instance if I do not own the sword coast adventuring guide i can put it in the cart by its self and purchace it with the discount.
That product is currently on sale. That is why you see a discount - it is not because you can pick-and-choose individual items to "complete the set".

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16142

damned
November 7th, 2016, 08:39
The Sale Discount also stacks. If you did complete the set and SCAG was one of those you were adding to "complete the set" you would get its current discount + the bundle discount.
If you are not in a hurry and/or the finances are not there you can buy the items individually as they come on sale over time. Volo's wont go on sale for at least 8 weeks but could any time after that.

Wizard89763
November 8th, 2016, 02:29
thank you both for your help