PDA

View Full Version : Racial Stat variance

flekhabren
November 5th, 2016, 18:57
in the sample extension campaign files that come with BRP in the myqscript.lua there is a section where you can define the characteristics. In that section there is a Name and Roll option, but BRP is really only built with typical human stats in mind, 3-18 per stat. My world has a wide range of races that the PCs can be which also leads to different min/max values in stats.

In my flavor of BRP I added races and change the values of the roll portion of some of the stats so they are not all x5 as is normal for BRP. is there a way to change that or should I make new stats or skills to cover those? Or is there a better option?

FlightlessScotsman
November 6th, 2016, 01:57
There's not a lot of great options from what I've found. The best I've been able to do is hotkey certain certain % rolls and then drag text over the hotkey; e.g. put percentile dice in a hotkey and then type "CONx3 vs {target}", but most of the time it's easy enough to do the quick calculation for whatever the roll is supposed to be and then have players roll straight percentile dice.

flekhabren
November 6th, 2016, 05:27
Is there a way to push those shortcuts to specific clients?

damned
November 6th, 2016, 11:50
Not really - you could copy the shortcut file that gets created on your computer and transfer it to the player by email or dropbox or whatever and then walk them thru loading to the right place... it will be easier to walk them thru creating the shortcut...