PDA

View Full Version : streamline combat

flekhabren
November 5th, 2016, 17:33
I ran my first combat in FG and have some questions about ways to make combat go faster. (suggestions unrelated to me questions are welcome :) )

1) Is there a way to link tokens on the map with the creatures in the combat tracker or something from the encounter window? I know I can drop a pin but I dont think thats the same thing?
2) Is there a way to allow the clients/pcs to target? Or some way to 'point' at the target of rolls?
3) Can you add information to the minitabs? like a hit location roll and/or the hp of each hit location?
4) Is there any option for vision blocking or auto revealing of masks on a map? I know I can set visibility for creatures in the combat tracker and tokens individually, but its all manual reveal.
5) Is there a way to remove the armor from the damage roll without the client/pc subtracting it on the roll?
6) Using Dex/Int ranks. If I disable the strike ranks it shows the dex rank but I couldn't find an easy way to reduce and reset the dex ranks based on actions taken.
7) Is there any distinction between minor and major wounds? I only see the wounds field
8) How can I add attacks for use in the combat tracker? If i drag creatures from the manual its all in there, but I cant seem to set it up right manually.

damned
November 6th, 2016, 00:11
Hola flekhabren at a guess... you may be doing this wrong....

Golden Rule #1.
Add PCs to Combat Tracker from Portraits.
Add NPS to Combat Tracker
Add NPCs and PCs to map FROM Combat Tracker

Magic will then ensue.

1. Should work with above
2. Should work with above
3. Not without coding
and its right about here that I realise you are using Rolemaster!
4. No dynamic lighting or line of sight - not expected to happen on the current game engine (3.x)
5-8. I dont know the Rolemaster answers sorry...

Trenloe
November 6th, 2016, 04:14
and its right about here that I realise you are using Rolemaster!
BRP, not Rolemaster.

flekhabren
November 6th, 2016, 05:30
I'm not sure what Rolemaster is, but I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm doing it wrong.

I'll try your process, I have been dragging creatures from the BRP library table into encounters then sending an encounter to the combat tracker

flekhabren
November 6th, 2016, 06:16
That did seem to take care of the linking between the three. I didnt realize I could set tokens to an NPC in the personalities/npc list by dragging it over that small circle in the top left. And without the token I couldn't move it to the map. hopefully some of the others will have equally easy options.

flekhabren
November 10th, 2016, 16:18
Does anyone know which file holds the minitab window information?