PDA

View Full Version : Cult of the Ebon Destroyers - multi-session Nov 12, 19, 26

KevenSimmons
November 5th, 2016, 17:29
I will be running the module Cult of the Ebon Destroyers as a PFS game for character levels 7-9.
The game will be run on two consecutive Saturdays from 12:00-20:00 UTC/GMT on November 12th & 19th.{Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2243)}

{edited from first post - switching to two longer sessions on 12th & 19th vs. the original three sessions}

Full participation will earn characters 3 XP and 4 PP on normal progression.

The module is designed for 4 characters and does not have PFS options for scaling to a larger table size, so participation will be limited to 5 players.
Please remember that PFS rules prohibit a character from participating in multiple PFS games at the same time - so if you join this game, your character will not be available for play in other PFS sessions until this module is completed.

Server address/alias: keen roll huge hook
TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com password: Dungeoneers

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2016, 18:47
I'd like to join. I guess I'll hold off on Emerald Spire for a few more weeks then, since I have a chance to play at a preferred time. ;)

I've got a Melee Druid/8, a Companion Druid/8 and a Rogue/9. I prefer to play the melee druid, since he's been on the back burner for a while.

KevenSimmons
November 5th, 2016, 20:52
Glad you can join!

xazil
November 5th, 2016, 23:00
I should be able to come along, preferably on my trapfinding sorcerer or I have a buffing bard.

KevenSimmons
November 7th, 2016, 02:09
The change to standard time from daylight savings this weekend seems to have shifted the game time on the FG calendar. I think it set the time according the UTC offset of the day I created the event and not the day of the event itself. The time in this post is the correct one: 13:00 UTC (8:00 am eastern us, 5:00 am pacific). Not sure what your time zone offset is Xazil. I'm going to delete and recreate the entries on the FG calendar to eliminate confusion.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2016, 02:12
You can just add a different time. Hopefully those playing in my Emerald Spire game can also make it - this is the normal time (I usually start at 4AM Pacific). Anyway - postponing as above, since I have a chance to play this one!

Lord Kavos
November 7th, 2016, 02:42
Think I can make these times lots (middle of the night for me) so I will join also if that works...I will just double check to be sure...

damned
November 7th, 2016, 02:57
The change to standard time from daylight savings this weekend seems to have shifted the game time on the FG calendar. I think it set the time according the UTC offset of the day I created the event and not the day of the event itself. The time in this post is the correct one: 13:00 UTC (8:00 am eastern us, 5:00 am pacific). Not sure what your time zone offset is Xazil. I'm going to delete and recreate the entries on the FG calendar to eliminate confusion.

You are correct KevenSimmons the calendar doesnt make the DST adjustment based on the event time - it only looks at the now date....

Blackfoot
November 7th, 2016, 05:36
Would love to join but I can't make the final session. Damn.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2016, 14:03
Is it possible to do this one in 2 long sessions instead? Also - I don't mind starting an hour earlier, and it would be better for the Australians, anyway.

KevenSimmons
November 7th, 2016, 14:56
My schedule is open for making it two longer sessions (I assume on the 12th and 19th ?) if the players are willing and available.

JWMK
November 7th, 2016, 15:13
Keven - If it run in 2 sessions I may be able to join in if you have room. I have a con on the weekend of the 26/27 which is why I wasn't RSVPing to your post before now.

Blackfoot
November 7th, 2016, 15:23
I am hosed for Thanksgiving weekend but if this runs as 2 sessions I can bring:
Garbunkle, Level 8 Gnome Two-weapon Fighter
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I9_4DSavVmgcAKmu0naYfAuMXY_D0cP4SHPMjOAx-QU/edit?usp=sharing)
(I will post up his character file shortly)

KevenSimmons
November 7th, 2016, 15:40
Sounds like 2 long sessions on 12th and 19th might be the preferred. If both Lord Kavos and Xazil are onboard, then we have a full table of 5.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2016, 16:18
Great. I technically also could attend/GM a local CON on TG weekend and being free that weekend would make things easier.

Lord Kavos
November 7th, 2016, 21:55
I think HG just wants to pay me back for making him play until 5am last weekend lol...

I'm good for 2 longer sessions, though not sure if u lot will be after a day of me drinking at golf - guess I'll just have to play my drunken barbarian Ulfgar then...

I also have my dominatrix cleric if no one else plays a healer...

Blackfoot
November 7th, 2016, 22:02
I really only have the one option in this tier... I'm ok with starting an hour earlier if that works better for everyone.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2016, 22:23
I think HG just wants to pay me back for making him play until 5am last weekend lol...

Nahhh - I was only up until 2AM - I'm a West-Coaster, but BF maybe. That was some real dedication on his part.

You should bring the Cleric. I'm a Druid, but I'm Fighty Bitey instead of Touchy Healy.

The party would be:

Fighter
Melee Wildshaping Druid/Bloodrager
Cleric
Sorcerer/Rogue
+JWMK's one

Blackfoot
November 7th, 2016, 22:28
lachancery and I are in the same TZone so we both had it about the same.. I was in bed by 6am or so... and slept til 1pm so it wasn't THAT bad.

xazil
November 7th, 2016, 22:48
I can handle the longer sessions okay.

Lord Kavos
November 7th, 2016, 23:07
I suppose I can play Kayliss... I would have liked to play Ulfgar as he hasn't had a run in a while but party balance is important also.

Though Kayliss is 9th now, and if I play her she will have to miss out on 2 emerald spire levels I think...

Blackfoot
November 7th, 2016, 23:37
Well.. let's see what JWMK brings... I wish I had another option.. all my clerical/divine types are still pretty low level... I guess Stick is Level 6.. but that doesn't really help much with this.

xazil
November 7th, 2016, 23:52
Yeah, I have a half dozen characters at level 6. Shows the prevalence of 1-5s I suppose.

JWMK
November 8th, 2016, 02:43
Hey everyone - I am also stuck for an actual character at Level 7. Would be jumping in with a pregen. Have several in the 5-6 zone, but nothing at 7-9 that I can play. I am happy to play whatever the party needs accordingly, so long as I'm not used as bate... :)

JK

KevenSimmons
November 8th, 2016, 02:48
I've heard that the Kyra pregen is well constructed, and would fill the healer role nicely.

JWMK
November 8th, 2016, 03:22
She's got a great fan club and I know her well... Happy to play her. Do you have her Level 7 file or do you need me to build it?

JK

Lord Kavos
November 8th, 2016, 05:19
There are lvl7 pregen files done up on the fg boards - but HG or Xazil will have good versions of Kyra I'm sure.

Woohoo I get to drink! (And so does Ulfgar!)

HoloGnome
November 8th, 2016, 11:29
I will look in the thread - I'm pretty sure that I have one that includes Blessing of Fervor.

Get Kyra/7 Here! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)&p=299910&viewfull=1#post299910)

I did a quick once over, corrected a bunch of stuff, reset the sheet and verified against the pregen PDF. So, it should be good to go. Note that Blessing of Fervor is at the bottom of the Level 4 list and tagged as "~nc" for not core.

And if we have Garbunkle, Ulfgar and Drakon, pretty much everything dies except us...in one round, not to mention all the blaster damage and other battlefield control.

HoloGnome
November 9th, 2016, 13:19
2 Quick Questions:
1. Are we going to start an hour earlier?
2. It says "Level 8" for the characters, which usually means that it's a 7-9. Is Kyra/7 definitely in tier for this one?

Blackfoot
November 9th, 2016, 13:25
for modules... the level is 1 up and 1 down from the listed module level.. so an 8 module is 7-9

HoloGnome
November 9th, 2016, 21:07
Yep - just making sure. What you say is generally true, except for 1st level modules, which are usually tier 1-2. Also, things become a bit muddier in Adventure Paths, since they kick out chronicles at various points along the way...but I just looked and this one is a Module vs. AP. I didn't look before.

KevenSimmons
November 9th, 2016, 23:18
BF is correct - the chronicle for the module lists the level as: 7-9
I would like to keep the start time as listed - at least for the first session. If it looks like we will need the extra time after the first session we can start the next one earlier. I'm not quite as early a riser as HG, so that extra hour to get the coffee loaded and synapses firing will be good to have.

xazil
November 9th, 2016, 23:32
Here is a zip of Janek's files (XML, portrait/token, ITS and last chronicle).

cmdisc
November 10th, 2016, 02:05
I'm checking with work, but I might be able to swing this if you still have room (I see 5 on the calendar). I'd have a crotchety old 7th level Dwarven Gunslinger to bring along, but I need to make sure his xml is updated.

I can let you know for sure tomorrow.

Lord Kavos
November 10th, 2016, 04:58
Hi CM,

I think Kevin was looking to have 5 players max as the mod is only designed for 4 pcs - but doesn't hurt to ask...

HoloGnome
November 10th, 2016, 05:03
If it looks like we will need the extra time after the first session we can start the next one earlier. I'm not quite as early a riser as HG, so that extra hour to get the coffee loaded and synapses firing will be good to have.

I am not mentioning the earlier time for my sake (although I don't mind the 4AM start) - it's for the Australians who are GMT+10. The current start time of 5AM Pacific on Saturday is an 11PM start for them on Saturday night. Moving the time back the 1 additional hour takes away some of the pain of them having to stay up all night to play and gives them a 10PM start. The odds of them hanging in there are going to be a little higher and we might be able to squeak to a 6-7 hr. session.

cmdisc
November 10th, 2016, 08:04
Not a problem actually. Work is looking like it might be an issue anyway.

Lord Kavos
November 10th, 2016, 08:35
I am not mentioning the earlier time for my sake (although I don't mind the 4AM start) - it's for the Australians who are GMT+10. The current start time of 5AM Pacific on Saturday is an 11PM start for them on Saturday night. Moving the time back the 1 additional hour takes away some of the pain of them having to stay up all night to play and gives them a 10PM start. The odds of them hanging in there are going to be a little higher and we might be able to squeak to a 6-7 hr. session.

I'll probably be drunk following Saturday golf...playing a drunken Barbarian. So it will be interesting to say the least...

I will see if I can fit a snooze in when whe I get home from golf...

KevenSimmons
November 10th, 2016, 11:16
As it is, I'm thinking the module may not be very challenging for a balanced team of 5 well-optimized, normal-play characters, so I'd like to keep the table size at 5. If I were running this as a non-PFS session I'd just tweak the challenges a little to accommodate another character - but I think PFS rules prevent me from making my own modifications to the module, correct ? Or does that only apply to PFS scenarios ?

and I'm willing to start an hour earlier if that's helpful for our GMT+10 folks. Are BF and JWMK good with that?

Lord Kavos
November 10th, 2016, 11:56
Here are Ulfgar's Files...

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2016, 15:56
Starting an hour earlier is fine.

JWMK
November 10th, 2016, 22:18
A one hour earlier start is better for me.

JK

HoloGnome
November 10th, 2016, 22:51
Here are some portraits/tokens from previous games if you need them.

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2016, 16:35
Alrighty - Start time is now planned for 12:00 GMT/UTC

HoloGnome
November 11th, 2016, 18:18
https://i.imgur.com/kPTd3mi.jpg?2

KevenSimmons
November 11th, 2016, 18:29
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54648247.jpg

HoloGnome
November 11th, 2016, 20:38
Haha!

Blackfoot
November 12th, 2016, 20:31
Thanks Keven. Looking forward to the next piece. Was there anything good/useful in the loot?

HoloGnome
November 13th, 2016, 00:46
That was fun!

Lord Kavos
November 13th, 2016, 10:23
Good session, sounds like we got a fair bit done so should be on track to finish next week.

And Ulfgar had fun too - has been a long time between drinks for him lol...

KevenSimmons
November 13th, 2016, 13:10
Glad you enjoyed it. I was a little concerned that the initial investigation phase in this module might get bogged down and keep it from progressing fast enough to be engaging for all the players. It took a little longer than I thought would be 'ideal' but I think the forward momentum was maintained. How did it feel from your side of the table? The modules aren't designed to be quite as compact and streamlined for fast-play as the PFS scenarios are, and this one in particular is a little sandbox-y at the start. I honestly welcome any of your suggestions for improving the game play the next time I run it.

And here is the non-mundane loot you collected along the way:
[+1] kukri
[+1] shock composite longbow (+3 Str)
ring of mind shielding
2 potions of cure light wounds
7 potions of cure moderate wounds
7 potion of invisibility
21 doses of poison (dhat-gunchi paste: DC 14; 1/rd. for 4 rds.; 1 Con and 1d2 Wis, 1 save)

HoloGnome
November 13th, 2016, 19:42
Drakon will take a couple CMW potions and a potion of invisibility, if that's OK.

Lord Kavos
November 14th, 2016, 00:47
Same for Ulfgar please

Blackfoot
November 14th, 2016, 04:27
Drakon will take a couple CMW potions and a potion of invisibility, if that's OK.Sounds good. Garbunkle will grab the same...plus an extra Invis if nobody else wants it...

Lord Kavos
November 14th, 2016, 05:42
Hey I was playing the big dumb Barbarian & even Ulfgar got in on the investigation side...

Certainly seen worse ones, it did run smooth and u didn't have to lead us by the nose either...

xazil
November 14th, 2016, 07:50
I guess Ill reverse it and take one CMW and 2 Invis.

KevenSimmons
November 24th, 2016, 02:39
It seems that there's been some issues with my email messages not being received - or received without attachments, so I'm posting the chronicles here.

Jason, I need to know who you want the pregen credit issued for.