PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Creating Conditions

Zerbious
November 5th, 2016, 16:37
Using the default Crit and Fumble Tables for FG in the 5e environment and one of the conditions to be applied on a Fumble is Weakened, which is not in the pre-existing conditions list: "Fumble Effect #4: PULLED MUSCLE - You are weakened until end of your next turn.".

According to Weakened status: You suffer disadvantage on all Strength based attack rolls, Skill and ability checks, and inflict half damage with all Strength based attacks.

Unfortunately I can't actually name the Condition (ie: Weakened) so I have a long string of text in the custom window. I put in the information in as (I'm not even sure how to phrase the half damage STR attack):

I first tried - DISCHK: strength DISATK: strength ATK: [STR/2] = Nothing worked

DISCHK: strength = alone it worked
DISATK: melee 5, strength = alone did not work. It will add the effects to a character, but it won't roll as disadvantaged.

I have been using the wiki page here, but still having no luck:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Conditions

If anyone has any insights and would be so kind, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 16:52
You can't really set up an effect which will cover all of this. As you have discovered DISCHK: strength will give disadvantage on any strength check; or any STR based skill check (of which there is only one).

To handle the disadvantage on attack rolls you can use DISATK. However this can't test whether the attack is STR based or not so you'd have to only apply it just before a STR based attack was made.

The half damage can only be handled by clicking on the half modifier button just before damage is rolled. There's no effect you can set up for this.

Zerbious
November 5th, 2016, 17:05
Thank you for the response, Zacchaeus.

That at least clears that up, I was starting to think I was crazy for not being able to make it work.