PDA

View Full Version : European Gamer looking for group

Estin
September 20th, 2005, 20:55
Hi everyone,

I haven't purchased Fantasy Grounds yet but I did a little testing with the demo version and so far it looked really impressive.

Before deciding to purchase though I wanted to check if there are any open games atm.

Some info about me:

25 year old from Germany, I've been playing P&P for quite some time now (D&D 3E, 3.5E, DSA, GURPS). I have 2 RL groups atm (one as a GM, the other as a player).

I hope there's someone interested in creating a new group or allowing me to join an existing group.

You can also contact me via ICQ (ICQ# is in my profile)

Hope to see some of you ingame soon...

Thanks

Estin

Schiz
September 20th, 2005, 21:07
i'm also in the same situation.. looking for a group to play with before i buy the game..
i'm pretty sure i'm gonna buy the game, although it's nice to know if i'm going to use it anytime soon.

i played DnD 3.5 for 2 x 6 months.. 6 months in nijmegen in the netherlands, and 6 months in Antwerpen.. so i'd rather not be a GM yet, because of my inexperience...

i don't have ICQ anymore, but i'll be active on this forum, so you can PM me :)

Schiz
September 20th, 2005, 22:17
ahh hell, i couldn't wait.. i bought the programhttps://www.nepforum.nl/forum/images/smilies/cheer.gif

Stuart
September 20th, 2005, 22:40
Try the link listed/described in the following post by Joshua re a website. There are more and more Europeans buying FG ... I'm sure it is only a matter of time, you might also try the adventuresomedreams.com website.

I'm afraid I'm full at the moment ... I think. If you want to try a game then offer to "lurk" in a game or log on as an NPC to fill in for a player who cannot make a session. Two "guests" did that in my game on Sunday and I think enjoyed themselves and certainly reduced my headache by taking care of two NPC's for me !

Stuart

Estin
September 21st, 2005, 10:18
Hi Stuart,

thx I wasn't sure how many players had already registered with Joshua site (that's the one in beta status right).

being NPC is actually a great idea, i think i'll buy the programm too then...

thx

Estin
September 22nd, 2005, 10:15
I have about 3 other players who would be interested in starting a group. We would need a GM though since we all are new to FG. Anyone interested please send a PM or contact me on ICQ.

Thanks in advance

Estin

Bware
September 22nd, 2005, 20:22
I guess I could GM u guys. But i need to prepare something first. And this would also be my first time using FG.

best might me to get in contact to get an idea of the world, rules, levels etc

cheers

Stuart
September 23rd, 2005, 17:54
Estin et al ,

I can offer a campaign setting and series of modules on Friday nights starting at 8PM GMT ... it will be based on the Qabbal setting I am running with another group (on Sunday nights) and be part of their campaign. This second group will effectively work alongside the Sunday group and it is intended that from time to time the two groups exchange information, items and perhaps characters/players to complete the campaign. I need level 4 characters of a generally "good" alignment. If you are interested please let me know ... I can be on line tonight to help roll up another bunch of lambs, sorry ... characters. :twisted:

Classes/Races from the phb, Arcana Evolved (Malhavoc Press) and Complete Arcane.

Stuart

Estin
September 23rd, 2005, 18:50
Hi Stuart,

that sounds really great.

I would definitely be interested as is another of the players I mentioned. Unfortunately the both of us don't have time tonight, so I hope we can do the characters another time. I'll ask the other players if they want to participate too but you can definitely count the two of us in.

Thank you

Estin

Estin
September 23rd, 2005, 18:52
I guess I could GM u guys. But i need to prepare something first. And this would also be my first time using FG.

best might me to get in contact to get an idea of the world, rules, levels etc

cheers

Ah sorry that I didn't answer before, but I did get a PM from Stuart. So I just recently looked in here. Would you be interested in playing too?

Valgard
September 24th, 2005, 07:52
Hi, apologies for butting in here but if there's any spaces left I would be interested as well. I'm free on Friday nights (which says a lot about my active social life :cry: ) Once Estin gets back to you about his friends interest, let me know.

Bware
September 24th, 2005, 16:45
usually not fre eon friday nights so far, so u go ahead without me