PDA

View Full Version : update 3.20 problems

ryderofragnarok
November 4th, 2016, 23:35
Ok so i have no clue even if im posting to the right part of the forum, but anyways i just attempted to update, at the end of the update it said that the update was unable to fully complete, so not knowing what to do i attempted to see the results of this update as explained on youtube. when i finally opened my active pota capaign the whole fg was changed, none of my modules are they yet in the settings they are still listed but i cant access them at all, all of my notes, character sheets, even the library is empty or just wont open and an error page will come up since the script data was nil, please any help will be very appreciated.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 23:37
You'll need to complete the update process. Try it again and make sure it runs through without errors.

spoofer
November 6th, 2016, 11:19
One of my players is having a problem updating to version 3.2. He keeps getting an error:

ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: resolving hostname

This is followed by:

Retrying in 10 seconds.

This repeats, and eventually the following appears:

Update check cancelled.

He lives in China, and wonders if that is the source of the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

damned
November 6th, 2016, 11:38
China is the issue... his IP address is probably firewalled on the update server... have him email support@ with his external IP address and a snippet or screenshot of that log....

Myrdin Potter
November 6th, 2016, 11:39
Or use a VPN. I just left China and was able to update by using a VPN.

spoofer
November 6th, 2016, 13:42
Thanks for your responses. We are pursuing both of these routes.

K.

ddavison
November 6th, 2016, 15:06
Here are some free VPNs to consider for when you need to update.

https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/285788/the-best-free-vpn-services-of-2015

Myrdin Potter
November 6th, 2016, 18:28
Doug - the great firewall in China is pretty good. There are free trials of VPN available but typically you need something that can connect from inside china and most of the standard "free" ones will not. The good news is that the average Chinese internet user that exits China on a regular basis uses some form of VPN. I use Astrill and PureVPN ...

spoofer
November 7th, 2016, 00:38
Good news! After tweaking the VPN's settings for a bit, he was able to update. Thanks everyone for your support.