PDA

View Full Version : Sample Adventure Error

paladinesdragon
November 4th, 2016, 22:19
I am new to fantasy grounds and love the updates in 3.2. I am running through the 5e sample campaign and the sample adventure that is included to determine if I like this enough to purchase. My issue is when I try to add the Dredmore dungeon encounters to the combat tracker I get this error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:774: addToken: Parameter 2 is not the name of a valid token". Any help would be great. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 22:42
Hi, paladinesdragon. Welcome to FG and to the community.

The problem is that if you haven't purchased at least a standard license you won't be able to access any of the 5th edition resources that comes free with such a purchase. The error is caused becasue you are not getting access to the necessary files at the moment since you are working on the demo.

One option you might consider is to take out a monthly subscription to FG and you will then have a month to evaluate the product and also gain access to the 5e material. If you don't like it you can then cancel the subscription and get your money back. See this post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34624-30-day-trial-for-subscriptions-replaced-with-30-day-money-back-guarantee).

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2016, 22:46
I made an update to v3.2 that will allow you to enter your FG user name and password into the FG Settings as well, in lieu of purchasing a FG license. This will allow you to use the 5E free data from a Free license, but only for demos, as a player or making characters.

Regards,
JPG

paladinesdragon
November 4th, 2016, 23:03
I am not sure what resources you are referring to as I can access those NPCs from the NPCs tab and put them into the combat tracker without an issue.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 23:13
I am not sure what resources you are referring to as I can access those NPCs from the NPCs tab and put them into the combat tracker without an issue.

Do as Moon Wizard suggests above and then I think you'll need to click update and hopefully that will clear your problem.

paladinesdragon
November 4th, 2016, 23:16
Okay I will. It seems to only enter the first NPC from the encounter into the combat tracker but not the remaining NPCs. Very strange.

paladinesdragon
November 4th, 2016, 23:21
I did as Moon Wizard suggested and still get the error. It seems to be a coding problem as it is only taking the first entry in the array and inputting it into the combat tracker, but I could be wrong.

paladinesdragon
November 5th, 2016, 00:03
Pics of what is going on:

When using encounter I can drag monsters manually from the encounter onto the combat tracker using the little brown pog link thing.

When I try to use the arrow at the bottom of the encounter table it only adds the first monster to the combat tracker and not the rest. It also has this error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:774: addToken: Parameter 2 is not the name of a valid token"

I hope this helps clarify what is going on.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 00:24
So, the encounters use FG tokens that only come with a valid license. On mine I'll see a wolf and hound token, but on your screenshots of the encounter the token fields are blank.

Go to Tokens -> Modules and activate the "Letter Tokens" module. Then open the token bag and drag a W to the wolf entry and a H to the hound entry in the encounter. Then you should be able to load the encounter OK, and get token pre-placement on "BattleMap01".

paladinesdragon
November 5th, 2016, 00:34
They are just not present in the encounter table and show up when dragged over to the combat tracker. It does the same, putting letter token on it, when I drag monsters from the NPC tab. It is only an issue when using the arrow on the Encounter table to add the whole encounter to the combat tracker (more than 1 monster). When I click the arrow on the Encounter table it adds the first monster to the combat tracker just fine regardless of not having a token in the Encounter table. The rest of the monsters in the encounter table are not added to the combat tracker and I get the error.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 00:39
In the first screen shot the tokens are there in the combat tracker. They are just not present in the encounter table and show up when dragged over to the combat tracker.
There's slightly different code running when creatures are added to the combat tracker from an encounter. If you add the letter tokens to the encounter then adding the encounter to the combat tracker will work without error.

paladinesdragon
November 5th, 2016, 00:50
Okay, I will try that. Thanks

paladinesdragon
November 5th, 2016, 01:00
Worked. Thank you.