PDA

View Full Version : Creating backgrounds.

Tiqon
November 4th, 2016, 14:26
Hi.

I wanted to play around with the new release and went to the backgrounds for a PC.

I wanted to make my own, and from the nice release Video Doug made I got the idea that I might be able to create a background within FG, as is now possible with spells.

But there was no apparent way to do that (like you can with spells :)), so I dragged one of the backgrounds that existed (from the "basic rules player"). This made a copy of that background without a category. Ok so far. I could not edit it though, and wanted to get rid of it after I realized that, but now I can't remove it..... So what am I failing to understand here.

I realized that I can make backgrounds in an extension or such, but I was look for a way to do it inside FG.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 16:00
Creating backgrounds can't be done within FG. You can do so if you use a tool such as par5e or, as I keep getting reminded by using XML.

Tiqon
November 4th, 2016, 16:30
Creating backgrounds can't be done within FG. You can do so if you use a tool such as par5e or, as I keep getting reminded by using XML.

Yes I realise that :). I have looked at the par5e tool and some videos, but said to myself that it was too much work ;) adding stuff I probably never would use...

But what do I do with the copy I made by mistake? Any idea?

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 17:06
Yes I realise that :). I have looked at the par5e tool and some videos, but said to myself that it was too much work ;) adding stuff I probably never would use...

But what do I do with the copy I made by mistake? Any idea?

Oh, sorry. Yes, that does seem to be a problem. There's no delete button becasue you should not be able to delete stuff from there (obviously0. Equally I'm not sure you should be able to copy either. I'll report this to find out what the Guru's say.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Tiqon
November 4th, 2016, 17:39
Awesome :). thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 19:17
Confirmed as a known issue and will be fixed in the next patch. Backgrounds and other read only records are allowing drag/drop when they shouldn't be.