PDA

View Full Version : LFG - Fri/Sat Night (US TZ) - 5e D&D

Nomoreliches
November 3rd, 2016, 17:44
Hello!

I am an experienced D&D player looking for a long term group playing 5e. I would prefer a newer group that just started if possible, but am willing to join an established group if necessary and I feel that it's a good fit. I have my own ultimate license and a private teamspeak and discord servers. I only have time for 1 game on Friday nights starting any time after 6pm MST and going till whenever or anytime Saturday. Weekly or bi-weekly games are fine.

Some background info on me:
I have been playing tabletop rpgs for over 17 years and started with first edition in 1995. I have played the following: D&D (1st through 5th edition), Pathfinder, Star Wars (both original and expanded), the White Wolf games, as well as a short dalliance into Warhammer Fantasy. I generally prefer caster classes and enjoy playing all types of them from blaster to healer, but have played non-casters as well. If the group is not new and needs a certain type of class, I can easily fill any role in a group. If I had my choice, I would prefer a bard, wizard, or cleric.

I prefer a mix of combat and RP, but do not enjoy all-out-slugfests (unless it's necessary to the storyline, like a multi-session dungeon that requires multiple combats in a row). The lowest mix I would consider is 70/30 combat to RP ratio. I have DM'd games for years on both roll20 and FG, but don't have the time to put into running a game currently and I miss playing. I prefer home-brewed games as opposed to pre-built adventures and think that rules takes a backseat to story.

I have DM'd for most of my campaigns (including an 8 year long 3.5e game), but really enjoy playing. My favorite character was a human necromancer started in 2nd edition who retired at 80th level in 3.5 edition. My favorite moment was when the lawful-good, celestial warrior in the group convinced me to change from chaotic evil to neutral evil. The player was actually able to convince me with no rolls over a 2 hour conversation. Because of my experience of DMing so many years, I am capable of roleplaying any alignment, race, or class. I enjoy creating worlds and stories with the DM and players, and crafting memorable experiences that we will all remember for years to come.

If you think that I would be a good fit for your group, please post some details about your campaign here or message me and we can setup a meeting to chat.