PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - D&D 5e - Lost Mine of Phandelver

irish_carbomb
November 3rd, 2016, 15:40
Hello all. I am interested in DM'ing this adventure, and was wondering if there was any interest in it. I would prefer the players be new to this adventure, and be committed to the entirety of it. It will probably be anywhere from 3 to 5 sessions, each lasting around 4 hours or less. I will do my best to make it an engaging and an entertaining time.

I am looking for 4 to 5 players, who would start at level 1, and progress to level 5. Once again I prefer that the player has not run this adventure in the past.

I have DM'd before. Like 30 years before (AD&D). I am about 2 months into 5e, and Fantasy Grounds. I have run this adventure part way before for some friends. RP is strongly encouraged, however I’m not very good at different voices and such. Also PC interaction is strongly encouraged.

I have the standard license, but would be willing to purchase ultimate if I have a lot of interest from Demo players. I would be using Hamachi, and either Team Speak, or Discord for voice. Leaning toward Discord.

I would like to play over the weekend. However I'm pretty flexible. I was thinking Sunday Night around 5 PM PST (1am GMT I think), however like I said I’m flexible. This would be an every week game, or more if the group decides (Like Sunday and Wednesday or something like that). I would like to start this Sunday November 6th, if people are interested. Also Thursdays and Fridays are not good for me, as I have other adventures on those days.

I own all the Fantasy Grounds material, so whatever PC you would like to build is good by me, no Evil or crazy stuff though or Aarakocra. I can help you build your PC if you like, and I can have the server running at anytime, to give you access to the books. And I am willing to work with the players if there is something special you would like to try. As long as it’s not OP.

Calendar Link
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2248

Thanks

Grantland
November 3rd, 2016, 16:12
I am interested in playing Lost Mines. I have been playing 5e for a little over a year but like you I started with the AD&D game many years ago with a large hiatus in between. I have the standard license also.

I have watched a couple of episodes of Lost mines on YouTube but have not played it. I am in the Mountain Time Zone and we are currently in Daylight Savings so time and day work for me.

irish_carbomb
November 3rd, 2016, 16:36
Sounds good Grantland.. If there is enough interest we may be able to play this sunday if that works for people.

Thanks

mmurray821
November 3rd, 2016, 16:45
I have Sunday wide open and would like to do a run through the mines.

jozef321
November 3rd, 2016, 19:31
I'm open to play Thursday. I'm a new player would love to try it out.

Jimbo
November 3rd, 2016, 20:02
I"m pretty new to FG but I'm learning well. I'd love to play. I've used TS but not Discord before,but not a problem.

irish_carbomb
November 3rd, 2016, 20:22
So, so far it looks like I have
Jimbo
mmurray821
Grantland

Jozef321 unfortunatly as flexable as I said I was Thursdays are not good for me, as I have another adventure on that day.. If you can make it on Sunday that would be fantastic.

Jimbo, yeah I'm a big TS fan and I think the sound is better, but Discord seems to be a little easier to setup a free server, and the chat feature works great in it.

jozef321
November 3rd, 2016, 20:26
It would depend on the time Sunday. I work normally until about 630pst. It takes me about 15 minutes to get home.

OldJarhead
November 3rd, 2016, 21:58
I have started the adventure a couple of times, but the groups fell apart due to real world issues (or other games for some members). If it is Sundays only I could participate. If I am right on the time difference (I'm US Central) it would be 7pm to ???? for me which is okay on Sundays.

Jimbo
November 3rd, 2016, 22:06
I'll download discord then in anticipation of a Sunday evening game. PM me if you get a server up.

JadedBailey
November 4th, 2016, 01:51
Hi there! I am interested in joining if there is still space. I recently started playing D&D again and have not run through this module before. Sunday evening would work very well, but I could do Wednesday if the group prefers that better. I am in the Central timezone & have a standard Fantasy Grounds license.

I respect the people who enjoy a regular smash and bash dungeon crawl, but would really prefer a group where the characters interact & and work together. A regular actual roleplay group is what I would prefer. From a class/race standpoint, I am flexible and have a couple concepts to play.

mmurray821
November 4th, 2016, 04:18
What is the character generation rules? Point buy? How much gold for startup or just select a package from the PHB?

richg
November 4th, 2016, 05:10
Sunday 5pm pt... Count me interested :)

Snufalupaghus
November 4th, 2016, 05:30
Hey guys....I'm completely new to 5e and FG...have the demo version. Very interested in playing and haven't rolled up a char. Don't know if I have to roll a char by hand or if FG will let me do it in the program...like I said...completely new to 5e. Previous experience is with 3.5 I should also note that I don't have the 5e rulebook, but I do have the 5e char sheets.

irish_carbomb
November 4th, 2016, 06:30
Lets just do a Standard Array 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. And use the Class and Background to determine your starting gear, and available gold. I have all books available to build your PC's. I will have the server up tomorrow, saturday and sunday for people to hop on and build your characters, i'd love to see players add some background to their characters, since this is a longer adventure, your identity and background may mater.... I'll send out connection info in the morning to people. If your not sure if you can make it please let me know so others can take your spot.

1. Jimbo
2. mmurray821
3. Grantland
4. OldJarhead
5. JadedBailey
Alt 1 - richg
Alt 2 - Snufalupaghus

Thanks

Snufalupaghus
November 4th, 2016, 06:36
Ok...looking forward to rolling up a char when you get everything up and running. I'm off work today, so not a care in the world! lol I have plenty of time to cruise around the webs and get ideas.

Snufalupaghus
November 4th, 2016, 15:13
BTW, I have the Demo version...not sure if you got the Ultimate license....

irish_carbomb
November 4th, 2016, 18:44
Alrighty.. Server is up and connection messages have been sent..

Snuf: I think you should be fine. I can support 1 Demo..

Grantland
November 4th, 2016, 19:08
Great looking forward to playing with everyone.

damned
November 5th, 2016, 03:29
Alrighty.. Server is up and connection messages have been sent..

Snuf: I think you should be fine. I can support 1 Demo..

No - you can only support 1 demo player in a campaign with only the demo player. Once a licensed player connects it will switch to licensed players only.

irish_carbomb
November 5th, 2016, 03:41
Yeah we kinda figured that out the hard way.. I ended up buying the Ultimate license.. But it's good to know.. I thought the problem was that we had 2 demo players.

Thanks Damned.

mmurray821
November 5th, 2016, 04:35
Now you can say you are the ultimate DM!

Ok... I'll go to my room now.

irish_carbomb
November 5th, 2016, 06:00
whoops double post

irish_carbomb
November 6th, 2016, 17:16
Server is up, make sure to check your Messages, as the server connection info has changed.

MartialDoctor
November 15th, 2016, 00:35
Ah good, I found the thread for this one. I've signed up for this one on the calendar but I'm not sure if there is still room.

If there is, I'd be happy to jump in for the rest of the sessions. I've played AD&D years ago but am new to FG, as it seems many are.

Let me know and I'll prepare for the next one.

irish_carbomb
November 15th, 2016, 15:01
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately we are full again.

Thanks