PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2 ed

Pages : [1] 2

Paul Pratt
November 3rd, 2016, 02:52
Hello all, here is a version of WHFRP 2ed based on my Dark Heresy ruleset. It functions the same way the DH set does, but is changed to be specific to Warhammer.

See the Dark Heresy users guide, it will guide you through using this ruleset. I am trying to finish a specific user guide and youtube video, but that could be awhile yet, any questions on how to use it, post or PM me.

Any issues, please let me know here.

11/3/2016: new files to fix an error in the npc windows when using the lock window button on the spells, and setup tabs. Changed some terms on set up tab.
11/4/16: Issue with Language translation not being understood: fixed.
11/16/16: Corrections for FG 3.2.1 update
1/19/17: Changed the .pak file for the FG 3.2.2 release
2/11/17: Updated reference definitions.
2/15/17: Updated with some added features. 1. Filter basic skills list to trained only. 2. Added an optional Career tracker window (Button on XP list). 3. Added an optional Corruption Tracker window for those using alternate/homebrew insanity rules. (Button on Insanity list). 4. Fixed bug for talent reference windows introduced in last update. 5. Cleaned up the skills list to remove advanced checkbox and trained checkbox to provide more room.
4/8/17: Correct issue with Encounters
5/14/17: Corrected issue with NPC hit locations and Weapon attacks rolls issues.
5/15/17: Corrected issue with NPC damage rolls.
9/10/17: Added features - Reference lists for Skills, Talents, Spells, Generic Reference for things like mental disorders, traits, etc.
9/11/17: Uploaded correct .pak file
9/29/17: Features added. Persistent effects, effect fields on talents tab, better link handling. Corrected player CT to handle Effects per FG 3.3.2 update.
10/14/17: Update for potential error in effects lists. Added function to drag damage from chat to CT.
3/10/18: Bug fix to correct error when dragging effects from character sheet to CT.
4/18/18: FG 3.5 updates. Added Luck talent checkbox to main character page. Advanced skills update correctly.
5/17/18: Fixed an issue with effects and Skills with names consisting of more than one word.
8/6/18: Updated for FG 3.3.6
12/18/18: Updated for FG 3.3.7. Added resizable minisheets and minisheet for Inventory.
4/17/19: Fixed issue with Heal spells not healing crits before wounds.
7/5/19: Added new effects- Armor and Defensive Stance, fixed a bug with insanity, added Career Library.
8/23/19: Update for FG 3.3.8 + fixes for ID states
9/2/19: Added Features- CT Weapon list for NPC's with filtering options. Drop weapons onto CT NPC entries.
11/14/19: Updated for FG 3.3.9
2/6/20: Added Features - Support for Dark Magic Talent, Slaughter Margin entry added to NPC and filtering in Library, Option for movement in yards or squares, option for house rules (1e fumbles, 4e opposed w/ no target).
3/4/20: Updated for FG 3.3.10 release
2/23/21: FGC/FGU 2-2021 update. First pass at FGU compatibility.
2/27/21: FGU/FGC first pass bug fix
3/11/21: Update for FG 3/9/21
6/20/21: Update for Effect list changes in CoreRPG
4/10/22: Update rules set to FGU 4.1.16. Currency changes.
4/13/22: Fix for the NPC weapon list.
5/3/22: Career sidebar button fixed
7/21/22: Fix for recent FGU update

A Calendars mod can be found in this post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35117-WHFRP-Warhammer-Calendars&p=302235#post302235

Thanks Alvi-Leiz!

** Persistent Effects **
For the Talents and Gear Effects Only!
1. Set up an effect and prefix it "Persistent;" (without quotes)
2. Set the Target cycler to "Self"
3. Cycle the Action cycler from "All" back to "All".
4. Set the number to 0
5. Set the units to DAY instead of RND

When you drop that character into the Combat Tracker these effects will be automatically added to them.

Example of a written effect:

Persistent; STR:10

Xydonus
November 3rd, 2016, 04:00
Ooooo, I never thought I'd see a new WFRP 2nd ed ruleset! Awesome! Cheers Paul, this is very much appreciated. Means I don't have to delay my WFRP game. Nice one!

Rook
November 3rd, 2016, 11:39
Great job Paul!

I'll give it a try Saturday morning with a cup of coffee.

Blue Haven
November 3rd, 2016, 12:34
Thank you so much for this one :)

Xydonus
November 3rd, 2016, 18:03
Here's a theme to use along with it - https://www.dropbox.com/s/drdluvott4afhzt/WFRP_Theme-Empire.ext?dl=0

I don't take credit for this theme, didn't make it. Think it was originally made for WFRP 3rd Edition so credit goes to the original author. However I just edited the xml file to allow it to function in this ruleset, which it does just fine :)

Alvi_Leiz
November 3rd, 2016, 18:04
Thank you Paul!

Madnick
November 3rd, 2016, 21:52
Thanks a lot for this!

Paul Pratt
November 4th, 2016, 02:53
A good question was brought up to me in a PM today. I have the movement listed in yards for those that do not use maps. This could cause confusion to those that use maps and grids. 2nd edition has two move rules. Table 6-1, movement in yards, the default I set the rules to, or the simple move characteristic equals the amount of squares on a grid you may move, 2x for charge, and 3x for running.

Which is preferable. I use maps, my players know the rule, but like yards shown for those less clear scenes when outside etc.

Paul Pratt
November 4th, 2016, 06:41
Issue with language translations fixed. New files posted above.

Blue Haven
November 4th, 2016, 23:10
Thank you so much :)

Rook
November 5th, 2016, 10:43
I'm screwing around with the ruleset creating NPCs. Started with Mutants, which is kind of classified as The Forces of Chaos.

Under the 1st tab of NPC, you can create a Group (in this instance it would be The Forces of Chaos). I'm unable to create Mutant and have it show up in The Forces of Chaos group - instead in shows up in All and None.

I'm guessing there is a field missing in the NPC creator to associate the NPC with a specific Group.

This is no big deal - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Side note here ---------- Paul, you did an outstanding job. Many - Many thanks.

EDIT:

It's all good. I just have to drag the entry and drop it into the specific group.

Blue Haven
November 5th, 2016, 13:00
I donīt know if this is a bug or not but when i choose the dice tower on the options it wont show up :( its just me??
Thanks

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 14:54
I donīt know if this is a bug or not but when i choose the dice tower on the options it wont show up :( its just me??
Thanks
Check on the player side - GM doesn't usually see the dice tower, as they don't need to hide their own dice rolls from themselves!

However, if you have the option "Chat: Show GM rolls" set to on then the dice tower will appear for the GM when the options is set - so they can use it to hide rolls from the players.

Blue Haven
November 6th, 2016, 21:11
Thank you sir :)

Paul Pratt
November 16th, 2016, 23:15
Updated .pak file in first post for FG 3.2.1

Alvi_Leiz
November 17th, 2016, 01:02
Thanks a lot!

Xydonus
November 18th, 2016, 14:34
Hey Paul, just curious - Would future FG updates require ruleset updates each time? Or is it just the odd one that may make significant changes? Trying to gauge a feel for ruleset lifespan in conjunction with future updates.

Paul Pratt
November 18th, 2016, 22:24
Xydonus, for the most part this Warhammer 2ed rule set incorporates CoreRPG as it's base. I have tried to avoid major changes. That said, when CoreRPG updates, so will the Warhammer. I only need to step in to make changes to the ruleset when CoreRPG changes something I have replaced or deviated from.

In the case of 3.2.1 I had to change the code for the Modifiers which has some deviations from Core. Warhammer will be alot better off than Dark Heresy. Dark Heresy's graphics alone required many changes. If there is a major change, like 3.2 was, then the ruleset will need work.

I hope that helps, but is is dependent on what changes in CoreRPG.

almeidafreak
November 18th, 2016, 23:49
Thank you Paul! Really appreciated (looks awesome)!!

Alvi_Leiz
November 20th, 2016, 04:32
Hi! I do this extension for this ruleset.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35117-WHFRP-Warhammer-Calendars&p=302235#post302235

I hope you enjoy it, Paul you can link it to this Thread if you want!

Xydonus
November 20th, 2016, 12:11
You, sir, are awesome! This will mean I can actually throw away my calendar image I've been using. Cheers for this!

Martin2301
November 22nd, 2016, 01:17
Wow thanks Paul. Just a little question is it hard to insert some little things. Like a new section with the Spells that can work like the equipment

Paul Pratt
November 22nd, 2016, 03:26
Martin2301,

I could add things at this point. I am not clear on what you mean by spells working like equipment. The spell sheet currently is a list with configurable spells, rolls, damage, effects, heals. It works like the useable gear, but with even more options.

Xydonus
November 24th, 2016, 17:28
Hey Paul,

Just noticed something. The TB/SB calculations are off. So in the XP tab, if you have a 30 Str and 30 Tn, the current values will read 4SB and 4TN.

Paul Pratt
November 28th, 2016, 23:28
I will look at this right away and fix it!

Paul Pratt
December 1st, 2016, 05:39
Xydonus, can you repeat this error in a screen shot? I cannot replicate this. New campaign, new characters, on the XP tab if I set STR to 28, the STRB field is set to 2. If I add advances, say 5 and the new STR is 33, the STRB is 3. Please let me know.

Martin2301
December 3rd, 2016, 03:40
I have a question! When im making a new character! In the caracteristic setup! The starting set is ok! But in the advance if I write Something it's automatycaly make it like if I took it with the experience cost. So it is automaticaly make the sum of it in the current case. The taken is always still to 0!

Paul Pratt
December 3rd, 2016, 06:19
When you generate the character, place the rolled characteristics in the "Starting" boxes. As you use experience the "Advances Taken" should be used to add these increases to characteristics. The "Current" will reflect the sum of these two fields. There is also the Advances Scheme area. These do not add any values, they are a place to track what is available in the current career.

Paul Pratt
December 3rd, 2016, 06:20
Please download and use the latest release. You may have the very first version of the ruleset if all you see is Starting and Taken.

Xydonus
January 17th, 2017, 19:27
Hey Paul,

Loving the ruleset so far after doing a few mini-games in it. I was particularly surprised and delighted with the impact feature in which the dice will automatically roll 2d10 and pick the higher result, very impressive coding!

I have however discovered an issue with it - The drag and drop function does not work when trying to apply damage from the impact result. However, the automatic targeting will apply the damage without any issue.

Let me provide an example: Roll dmg using a weapon with impact quality ticked / drag the damage to an npc character or PC and this error will pop up.

But it does work fine if the damage is rolled while a character has targeted another npc/pc. The drag/drop function works fine without the impact quality ticked.

Paul Pratt
January 20th, 2017, 05:47
Xydonus,
The drag function issue is known. The issue is the way I am capturing that the roll is an "impact" roll. There are 3 ways to do this and have it work.
1. Use the targeting system.
2. When dragging the roll from the PC rolling the impact damage, drop it directly onto the intended target and not the chat window.
3. Since the issue is when a PC rolls the damage without a target and directly to chat, then drags that chat result onto the target, and the error appears. Well, if you take the chat result and drop it back into chat, the number field that appears can be dropped directly on the damage box in the combat tracker. It's one more step past what you are describing above.

1 and 2 above are the best options.

Again, the issue is the way I implemented the Impact rolls. I haven't been able to get it to work correctly with a drag and drop from the chat window to the target.

Paul Pratt
January 20th, 2017, 06:15
Small changes for the FG 3.2.2 release.

Update to include Image ID option.

Xydonus
January 20th, 2017, 10:01
1. Use the targeting system.
2. When dragging the roll from the PC rolling the impact damage, drop it directly onto the intended target and not the chat window.
3. Since the issue is when a PC rolls the damage without a target and directly to chat, then drags that chat result onto the target, and the error appears. Well, if you take the chat result and drop it back into chat, the number field that appears can be dropped directly on the damage box in the combat tracker. It's one more step past what you are describing above.

1 and 2 above are the best options.

Again, the issue is the way I implemented the Impact rolls. I haven't been able to get it to work correctly with a drag and drop from the chat window to the target.

Unfortunately dragging directly onto the intended target results in the same error. Only way around it, as you said, seems to be using the target function. While the 3rd option does indeed work, it doesn't take into account of soak or toughness. It isn't a big deal though, I can just use the target solution.

Paul Pratt
January 21st, 2017, 02:33
Xydonus,
When you drag the damage roll from the PC sheet directly to the intended target on the map or CT it errors? I am able on my versions.

Xydonus
January 21st, 2017, 06:09
Ah, I forgot you can do that :P... I had thought you meant by dragging from the chat and dropping onto the PC which I was reiterating it didn't work.

Yea that method does indeed function, and that should certainly help matters. Cheers for that.

Martin2301
January 25th, 2017, 16:46
Hi! I love the ruleset it's working well for us!
A question is it possible to insert like in the D&D ruleset a shop database and a town database extension and the magic extension?
And an extension to insert the carrer?

Paul Pratt
January 27th, 2017, 02:18
I believe the DOE's extensions work with this ruleset. Let me look into this and report back.

Paul Pratt
January 28th, 2017, 17:51
The DOE's extensions will work with a few modifications. I have posted asking dulux-oz if I can write some extensions to make them compatible. I will let you know here when I have an answer.

Martin2301
January 29th, 2017, 03:17
Thanks!

Martin2301
January 29th, 2017, 03:45
And i was wondering. I have some module in my FG that concern Warhammer. The bestiairy, corerule, gmscreen tome and arsenal. But they doesn't work! Maybe you could do Something with them!

Xydonus
February 1st, 2017, 14:45
And i was wondering. I have some module in my FG that concern Warhammer. The bestiairy, corerule, gmscreen tome and arsenal. But they doesn't work! Maybe you could do Something with them!

Copyright issues aside, those modules were made in the now heavily dilapidated pre-FG 3.0 WFRP 2e ruleset that was made by Nazzir (or something to that extent). I know the ones your talking about, as I've got them myself. I'd hazard a good guess that it would take a complete re-write of them to get them to function. Too much work I'd wager. Plus can't see them being compatible at all, so probably next to useless. Only one that I've been able to get partially working is the bestiary. But, all the data inputs are not there, creature stats for example. So you would have to go through the bestiary book and put them in manually.

A lot of work.

Martin2301
February 1st, 2017, 21:14
Ok thanks very much for the info!!

Paul Pratt
February 2nd, 2017, 02:26
The old modules would indeed significant work. I have them also, and have been working on fixing them to work. I think for the bestiary, the easiest method may be to input the creatures and export them as a module.

Blue Haven
February 3rd, 2017, 20:32
Lets hope :)
Thank you for all your work with this :)
Big Hugs

Blue Haven
February 8th, 2017, 23:15
We need help with the Beastiary module, does anyone want to help us out...?
Thanks to all :)

Xydonus
February 9th, 2017, 16:40
I'm in the process of doing several batches of npcs for it.

Blue Haven
February 10th, 2017, 16:42
Thank you so much friend :)
Big Hugs to all :)

Aethaeryn
February 12th, 2017, 00:14
I needed to thank you enough to register a forum account! This is perfect. Thank you!

Paul Pratt
February 12th, 2017, 00:52
Thanks Aethaeryn!

Paul Pratt
February 12th, 2017, 00:54
Ok, new version of the ruleset. I have changed some of the files to correct inconsistencies when exporting modules and reference definitions have been cleaned up. Please use the .pak file link located in the first post.

Martin2301
February 13th, 2017, 03:25
HI Paul, just for info, you add news for the town and shop database extension?

Paul Pratt
February 13th, 2017, 04:46
Not yet, waiting to hear back from dulux-oz on how we can get them working for this ruleset.

Blue Haven
February 13th, 2017, 20:46
Check your mail friend :)
Big Hugs

Paul Pratt
February 16th, 2017, 07:30
Features added, new .pak available in first post.

Paul Pratt
February 16th, 2017, 07:30
How can this set be pointed to on the Wiki page? It should replace the outdated set there.

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 07:35
Which wiki link should it replace?

I see that there is a 1E and a 3E version of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game on our wiki? Are these different versions of WHFRG than yours, or are they just different versions of the ruleset? Or should I be looking at a different wiki page?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay

Cheers,
JPG

Zhern
February 16th, 2017, 13:11
Which wiki link should it replace?

I see that there is a 1E and a 3E version of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game on our wiki? Are these different versions of WHFRG than yours, or are they just different versions of the ruleset? Or should I be looking at a different wiki page?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay

Cheers,
JPG

It should be go on the same wiki page you linked as the second edition. 1e, 2e, and 3e are all separate editions of WFRPG. There will be a 4E before too long also.

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 20:04
It's been linked to that page as the 2E version.

Cheers,
JPG

Blue Haven
February 16th, 2017, 22:25
Features added, new .pak available in first post.

Do i need this one friend? Or i already have it? ;)
Big Hugs and wonderful job :)

Paul Pratt
February 17th, 2017, 05:08
Blue Haven,
Download it for the skills filter. I had sent you a test version.

Martin2301
February 17th, 2017, 19:23
Hi Paul,
Tell me when we open the library on the new version of FG. We can see the icon of : Characters, Items, Parcels, Tables, Encounters, Notes, Quests, Images & maps, NPCs, Story.
Is it possible to put more like,
Skills, talents, spells?

Thanks

Blue Haven
February 17th, 2017, 23:11
Blue Haven,
Download it for the skills filter. I had sent you a test version.

Thank you :)
Big Hugs

Paul Pratt
February 18th, 2017, 02:37
Martin2301,

Those icons are the sidebar menu buttons -> Characters, Items, Parcels, Tables, Encounters, Notes, Quests, Images & maps, NPCs, Story. They are there so can select what to show on your sidebar. You can even uncheck them all and then start clicking them to show them in the order you prefer!

The skills, talents, etc. would be modules and links in the library from the actual rules book. Those are not linked to the sidebar.

Xydonus
February 18th, 2017, 13:19
I hope to have the bestiary done at some point within the next week (20/26).

Martin2301
February 26th, 2017, 03:25
So Xydonus how's is it coming for the bestiary?

Trenloe
February 26th, 2017, 03:30
I'm sure you all know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway - as there is always someone somewhere who doesn't understand.

The Warhammer products are all covered by copyright. So you're severely restricted on what you can put in a module and share. US copyright does not cover the mechanics of games, but it does cover descriptive prose, names, artworks, story, etc.. So, you can put together a bestiary modules with the bare game mechanics data - stat numbers, attack base data, etc.. What you can't do is include the description of the creature, artwork, tokens made from artwork, etc.. Just the stats. The last thing I want to see is people taking ages putting a full modules together but then can't share it due to it containing copyright protected material.

Xydonus
February 26th, 2017, 05:19
Aye don't worry, only the stats are included, no descriptions have been put in.

As for the bestiary, I'm at Ogres at the moment, having done all the previous ones. Didn't get as much free time as I liked during the week but it shouldn't be long now till the module is complete.

Arion
February 28th, 2017, 19:50
I have almost finished inputting the data for the equipment. Again, no descriptions, simply damages, cost, enc etc. I will export it as a module when i am finished.

Arion
March 1st, 2017, 11:53
Removed

Blue Haven
March 1st, 2017, 22:02
??? Is that you Xydonus? or wrong post? :P

Xydonus
March 3rd, 2017, 10:34
??? Is that you Xydonus? or wrong post? :P

Hmm? I'm still burning through the bestiary, I wasn't kidding when I said it was a lot of work... ITS A LOT OF WORK!

Blue Haven
March 3rd, 2017, 21:40
I know friend :) i know...
Sorry for the mistake...
Big Hugs

Martin2301
April 5th, 2017, 23:28
Hi,
I encounter a little problem when I was playing my first campaign with friends. I can't do Encounter.
I enter my NPC but when I try to put them in the encounter files there's a window with red mark in it
''Script Error: [string"campaign/scripts/encounter_npclist.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'addLinkToBattle'(a nil value)

Paul Pratt
April 8th, 2017, 17:25
That's new... something in CoreRPG must have changed. Thanks for the notice. I will correct this ASAP.

Paul Pratt
April 8th, 2017, 18:03
Ok, tracked it down and corrected the Encounters. You can add NPC's without issue again. CoreRPG and WHFRP were using the same file name for a script, quick rename and we are good to go. Please let me know if you find any other issues. As CoreRPG evolves, things change that may cause issues in WHFRP.

Blue Haven
April 15th, 2017, 14:06
Thank you for the update :) will you make some more changes with the arrive of the new FG version or its good to go?
Big hugs :)

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2017, 19:59
Just for the record, for anybody following this thread, the DOE Extensions are now compatible with this Ruleset - check them out from the FG Wiki or their own individual threads.

Cheers

Thedude23
April 26th, 2017, 21:18
Hi Paul,

Firstly and foremost, thank you so much for this ruleset, its the Nuts!

I may of missed something fundamental here, apologies if I have. When rolling on the Combat Tab of the character sheet for missile weapons, the TN quoted and used to calculate hit or miss is WS despite it showing as BS?
Have I missed something? When setting up the attack, the default entry for weapon "class" is "Basic" which seems to be for missile weapons...?

Paul Pratt
April 27th, 2017, 06:18
Thedude23,

To set up attacks the best practice is to use "Melee" or "Ranged" in the "Class" entry. This will ensure the attack uses the proper stat. To learn more on how to use the ruleset, download the manual from the Dark Heresy 40k ruleset. They operate very similar.

Nylanfs
April 27th, 2017, 13:03
Hi Paul,

Firstly and foremost, thank you so much for this ruleset, its the Nuts!

I may of missed something fundamental here, apologies if I have. When rolling on the Combat Tab of the character sheet for missile weapons, the TN quoted and used to calculate hit or miss is WS despite it showing as BS?
Have I missed something? When setting up the attack, the default entry for weapon "class" is "Basic" which seems to be for missile weapons...?

Welcome to the forums and FG community!

Xydonus
May 9th, 2017, 22:41
Noticing a problem with npcs in the latest version of the ruleset. Essentially unable to roll their attack function or any function that involves equipment/weapon rolling. It's not a problem with the actual weapons, as I've tested the weapon functions on PC's which work fine. Only npcs seem to be affected. It's definitely been an issue I think with the latest version of the ruleset, as I'm sure I've not experienced this with prior versions. Only discovered it while I was inputting npc information for the bestiary module.

Arion
May 10th, 2017, 17:25
Noticing a problem with npcs in the latest version of the ruleset. Essentially unable to roll their attack function or any function that involves equipment/weapon rolling. It's not a problem with the actual weapons, as I've tested the weapon functions on PC's which work fine. Only npcs seem to be affected. It's definitely been an issue I think with the latest version of the ruleset, as I'm sure I've not experienced this with prior versions. Only discovered it while I was inputting npc information for the bestiary module.

I am getting the same thing. I have also noticed that NPC's have a different hit location table to PC's!

Paul Pratt
May 14th, 2017, 19:30
I will look into this bug today. Was on vacation all last week... perfect timing of Gremlins.

Arion, the hit tables in WHFRP both the PC and NPC can be edited. I will look at the base NPC but they should be the same as the PC's. Thanks for the heads up on this one too.

Paul Pratt
May 14th, 2017, 19:52
Ok, hunted this down, sorry was a typo on my part. Fixed and uploaded to the first post.

-I fixed the NPC hit locations too.

Paul Pratt
May 16th, 2017, 00:53
New .pak file uploaded. Issue with NPC damage rolls resolved.

Blue Haven
May 22nd, 2017, 23:31
Thank you so much friend :) once again Paul to the rescue :)
Big Hugs ;)

Martin2301
May 23rd, 2017, 02:05
Hi, I don't understand I have a little problem! I do make some NPC but I can't make Encounter! It give me a bug!

Martin2301
May 24th, 2017, 01:40
The error that it tell me it's:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/encounter_npclist.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'addlinkToBattle' (a nil value)

Paul Pratt
May 25th, 2017, 02:30
Martin2301,
I tested this several times and can not recreate this issue. Are you running any extensions? Do you have the latest .pak file from the first post in this thread? Anyone else have this issue?

Let me know. I can make NPC's and add the to Encounters and load the to the Combat Tracker on my end.

deff
May 25th, 2017, 08:06
Hi,

i made a french extension of your ruleset, and i test it, thse error comes from my extension Martin2301. I will try to fix it asap.

Paul thanks again for wonderful ruleset :)

Paul Pratt
May 26th, 2017, 03:17
Your welcome Deff. Thanks for the translation work!

dulux-oz
May 26th, 2017, 04:36
Hi,

i made a french extension of your ruleset, and i test it, thse error comes from my extension Martin2301. I will try to fix it asap.

Paul thanks again for wonderful ruleset :)

For the record - are you guys aware of the LPak Project (Language Pak) here on FG (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program))? It was designed and implemented expressly for creating Extensions to translate Rulesets into different languages.

deff
May 26th, 2017, 09:15
Yes I'm aware of it. But in fact for this ruleset, there is no strings.xml so i made a Theme with translation embedded.
I did the same for Numenera. To do so, i have to isolate corerpg traduction from the rest, remove the graphic part...

I'm a lazy person but i can think of doing it one day ;)

Martin2301
June 6th, 2017, 03:49
Hi!
Since the last update I have an error message! Here i can read:
Script Error: [string"scripts/expanded_npc_weapons.lua"]:4: attempt to index field'weapondmgtypes'(a nil value)

You think it<s because of the new update?

deff
June 6th, 2017, 06:42
i do not see this error, what do you do to have it ?

Paul Pratt
June 7th, 2017, 03:03
Martin,

I am not able to recreate this either. What were you doing when this happened?

Martin2301
June 8th, 2017, 01:47
It's appearing just when im opening the session!

Martin2301
June 8th, 2017, 02:10
Sorry was an error from me! An extension was click and not working with Warhammer!

Alvi_Leiz
July 4th, 2017, 22:16
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5kdyfjmbeed046/FG1problem.png?raw=1

Im attent to drop a NPC into my New Encounter, and pop up a Script Error.

I recreate the same error when I create a new campaign.

Trenloe
July 5th, 2017, 16:39
Im attent to drop a NPC into my New Encounter, and pop up a Script Error.

I recreate the same error when I create a new campaign.
Works fine for me.

Make sure you have compatible versions of all extensions you're using. From what I can see in your screenshot you're running at least one old, incompatible extension.

Alvi_Leiz
July 5th, 2017, 18:45
Solved

Sorry was a error from me.

Thank you guys

TheRealmWarper
July 25th, 2017, 07:57
How accurate is this version to the WHFRP 2e books? and does it include information on all the expansions for the game?

Valatar
July 25th, 2017, 20:27
Actual game content is copyrighted and often not contained in unofficial rulesets. It's up to the GM to add those sorts of specifics. Basic rule mechanics are in the clear, whereas copying the profession writeups from the books can summon the lawyer swarm.

Paul Pratt
July 26th, 2017, 02:06
As Valatar stated, the ruleset does not contain the rules. Nor libraries from the Bestiary, Armoury, etc. The ruleset does have a completely functioning character sheet, combat with targeting, spell system to handle the rules of Warhammer 2e.

Martin2301
July 31st, 2017, 01:39
Hello,

I'm working on a few stories right now, I was wondering one thing! I've seen when I open a Pathfinder or D & D game that you can access the tab for everything, races, classes, skills and talents and so on. Thus new ones could also be created in each.

Would there be a way to integrate it also in the Warhammer ruleset.

Paul Pratt
July 31st, 2017, 02:23
D&D / Pathfinder have that support because they have module libraries full of gaming content to populate them. It does allow for custom content though. For Warhammer, it could be done, it wouldn't be an easy thing to do, but could be done.

I didn't see the need for Careers, Talents, Skills, Races in Warhammer since there is no official support for gaming content. I do see the benefit though.

It would require someone to create the new libraries and record sheets that open up with them, then insure they can tie back to the character sheet.I won't promise anything since I am currently working on a different project, but I will look into it.

Martin2301
July 31st, 2017, 02:47
Good! thanks.

To create the new libraries it have to be in XML I presume!
If there is another way to do so I could try to do! Like if it is directely with FG! But if it's programmation if can't help!

Paul Pratt
August 1st, 2017, 03:45
The features we are discussing would need to start with some xml and lua work.

Martin2301
August 16th, 2017, 05:27
Hello!
was wondering is it possible to automate the hit location automatically with the weaponskill or balisticskill dice throw?

thanks

Paul Pratt
August 16th, 2017, 06:17
Martin,
I have it automated for the dice throw from the weapons list on the combat tab. Do you mean the general Ws and Bs boxes?
Those are linked to ability rolls currently. The only way I could do something like that is to have every throw report a hit location. Needed or not.
Let me look at this more.

Paul Pratt
September 10th, 2017, 23:22
Added reference library for Skills, Talents, Spells and a Generic Reference that could be used for Careers, Races, Traits, Mental Disorders etc.

The generic data is similar to the talents, just a name, and area to write out the information, but you can build more custom content and use the library categories to sort and store the different types.

Martin2301
September 11th, 2017, 00:49
Wow, thank's very very much! Im most grateful!

Xydonus
September 11th, 2017, 08:07
Added reference library for Skills, Talents, Spells and a Generic Reference that could be used for Careers, Races, Traits, Mental Disorders etc.

The generic data is similar to the talents, just a name, and area to write out the information, but you can build more custom content and use the library categories to sort and store the different types.

Nice!

Was this updated already in the pak? I downloaded it from the first post but don't see any changes.

Paul Pratt
September 12th, 2017, 02:11
I updated the .pak file. I think I posted the incorrect file. Try this one and let me know. Remember to see the new features head over to the Library button on turn on Skills, talents, Reference, and Spells.

Martin2301
September 12th, 2017, 14:37
Wow everything is working well. Good job
Thanks for the work

Blue Haven
September 19th, 2017, 22:59
OMG thank you so much :) keep it coming :)
Big Hugs

Klingbeil
September 26th, 2017, 20:55
i haven't played WHFRP since the early 90's and i recently picked up the awesome humble bundle for 2nd ed.

can someone explain how to transpose the info from the book into the data fields for item creation in FG? some tags are obvious like cost, availability, and encumbrance, which are simple copy/paste from the book. however i'm unsure about the others.

would someone mind posting an example of one of these weapons from the book entered into FG for me so i have something to reference?

Paul Pratt
September 28th, 2017, 08:18
Klingbeil,

The damage entry for the dagger should be:
Damage: 1d10
Damage Bonus: -3
Damage Type: Impact or I (this is the default type to use)
Armor Piercing: 0 (If the description of the weapon, usually bows or arrows/bolts lists it as armor piercing there will be a number value attached to it. Enter that number - usually 1, sometimes 2. If the weapon like the dagger has no notes then enter 0.)
----------
Range: Empty (for ranged or thrown weapon - enter the book value)
Reload: Empty (for ranged weapon - enter the book value)
Rate of Fire: Empty (for ranged weapon - enter the book value)
Special: Empty (Enter the weapon "Qualities" - enter them as written in the rules.)

Notice when you expand the weapon's entry (second row, first icon- click it to expand) - there are three more rows. Qualities, Mods, Quality.
Qualities: These correspond to the Weapon Qualities you entered in "Special" field. Click the check circles that match.

Mods: Weapon talent - click this if the Character has the correct talent to use the weapon. The rest of the entries are a bit different for melee and ranged weapons but mainly apply to various talents. **Note ranged weapons and Ranged SB - this is Ranged weapon uses Strength bonus for damage. Check it if the rule books weapon list entry for damage is "SB" +/- x (like SB+1).

Quality: This is the actual quality of the weapon Best Good Poor - these add modifiers.

Once this is entered, the ruleset automation will take care of the calculations for damage. It will automatically add the Strength Bonus (SB) for melee weapons, and take into account the various modifiers set up following these steps.

If you are familiar with Fantasy grounds and the Combat Tracker, Maps, adding tokens and targeting, then the automation will figure damage and compare to toughness/armor and apply the damage. If you aren't; there are some great YouTube tutorials, watch those to get the most out of FG.

Hope that helps! - Paul

Klingbeil
September 28th, 2017, 18:59
thank you so much for your help here, Paul :)
i am SO happy to have found that someone made this ruleset. my D&D group is kind of spoiled with FG now and i probably couldn't get them to play WHFRP otherwise.

couple questions:
1) are the melee and ranged weapons supposed to have the same sheet?
i'm only asking because i'm starting to think the link on the front page is out of date. i'm not seeing most of what you describe in the Items creation section.
I'm running:

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2.0 Ruleset v1.4
(Based on CoreRPG/3.5)
by Paul Pratt

see image for the table i'm working with

2) what do i enter as "Sub-Type"?
or is that just for personal reference?

3) what do i enter for class?

4) not seeing a "quality" field in the list

5) where do i enter "Qualities"?
for instance, the Buckler has:
Balanced, Defensive, Pummelling

the DM for my D&D5e group (also on FG) is getting burnt out so i offered to run WHFRP as something new. right now i'm trying to create the weapons, armor, and etc from the core book so players can just drag and drop the gear to their character sheet and so i can make simple treasure parcels or shopkeeper inventory.

Paul Pratt
September 28th, 2017, 19:47
1. In the item record, the image you linked. The "Melee Weapon" field is actually a cycler button. Click thru it for the different types of items you can create.

2. Sub type is for things that the rule book weapon lists call Group. Sub type was used so we could build generic items as well.

3. Class is specific to Melee or Ranged

4. Quality is not on the item record. When you drop a weapon onto the weapons area on the character sheet, you will it.

5. Rule book weapon list "Qualities" are entered into the Special field on the item record.

Head over to this thread and download the Dark heresy guide. It's the pdf file.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34763-Dark-Heresy-v1-for-FG-3-2

The WHFRP and that Dark heresy ruleset are for the most part the same. That guide will assist you for warhammer.

Paul Pratt
September 28th, 2017, 20:00
Stayed tuned. Updates in the works. Should be up this weekend. Improving drop handling for the newly added talents, skills, reference Libraries. Adding persistent effects (See my WH40k Multiset thread for more on that), Adding a check for Talents that reduce critical damage, and a few other things.

Klingbeil
September 30th, 2017, 01:37
thanks for your help with this, Paul!

1) yep, that's how i got to it in the Items sheet ;)
i was just pointing out that the Melee and Ranged fields are identical. also, i was confused because the things you were talking about were not on the Item sheet, but now i see that they were on the Character sheet

2) so the "Sub-type" and "Group" fields have the same purpose? do they have any effect in automation calculations? actually, are there any text fields that have any input on automation where capitalization or spelling is key?

3) still confused as to what i am supposed to enter for "class", but hopefully the Dark Heresy link you gave me will shed some light on it :)

Paul Pratt
September 30th, 2017, 05:14
"Class" is important. It should be Melee or Ranged. If you enter Melee in Class the character sheet updates to Melee fields, Ranged causes another update, and the fields change to Ranged fields for input.

Group is where I enter Gunpowder, Fencing etc. from the rule book.

Sub-type is generic. You can leave it blank if you want. I use it for Two handed, One Handed its a label for you to use. Not needed for weapons per se, but for generic items or custom stuff you may want to use it.

Klingbeil, I sent you a PM, check you messages please.

Paul Pratt
September 30th, 2017, 05:19
Update: new .pak file posted.

Update to link drops and how they are handled. Links are no longer shared from the library but copied to the char sheet. Handles links more like Pathfinder/3.5
Drop weapons to inventory and they are automatically added to the weapons list. Dropping armor into the inventory automatically equips it and fills in those fields on the combat tab.
Added Effects area to the talents page
Added support for "Persistent" effects. See the first post for more information.

Any bugs, please report them here.

Paul Pratt
October 15th, 2017, 04:41
Small update to fix a potential error when adding PC's to the CT with effects lists that have blank label fields. Please see the first post for updated .pak.

** Added a second feature to this small update. You can drag damage rolls from the chat to the CT.

Alvi_Leiz
October 20th, 2017, 12:16
Thank you! Paul! Keep doing the good work! Thank you very much!

Black Hammer
October 30th, 2017, 02:02
I'm observing an odd issue where d100 rolls are adding up wrong. The tens die will show 40, and the units die rolls a 10 (instead of a zero), so FG reports it as a 50, rather than a 40. Both me (as GM) and players are noticing it. Not sure if it's a FG or ruleset issue.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2017, 02:49
I'm observing an odd issue where d100 rolls are adding up wrong. The tens die will show 40, and the units die rolls a 10 (instead of a zero), so FG reports it as a 50, rather than a 40. Both me (as GM) and players are noticing it. Not sure if it's a FG or ruleset issue.
This is a valid interpretation of the die rolls. It will still give you the range of 1-100, it just ends up a bit different than expected.

Black Hammer
October 30th, 2017, 03:37
This is a valid interpretation of the die rolls. It will still give you the range of 1-100, it just ends up a bit different than expected.

How do you roll a ten then? A 00/0 is 100. A 10/0 comes up as 20.

damned
October 30th, 2017, 05:57
I believe the dice are 00-90 and 1-10.

00+1 = 1
00+10 = 10
10+1 = 11
10+10 = 20
90+10 = 100

You still get 01-100 just *differently*

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2017, 06:38
How do you roll a ten then? A 00/0 is 100. A 10/0 comes up as 20.
Nope, 00/0 isn't possible. As you said, the second die is 1-10 not 0-9, therefore you have 00/1 = 1 and 00/10 = 10

Girwan
November 1st, 2017, 21:21
Hi,
I put Talents to proper place but when I drag&drop to character sheet system put there html code. How I can eliminate it?

Paul Pratt
November 2nd, 2017, 08:35
What are you dragging and dropping? Did you build custom library modules? If you have some old library modules from previous versions of Warhammer 2ed by Nezzir I doubt they would be compatible.

Alvi_Leiz
November 2nd, 2017, 18:24
Hi Paul.

Its posible to mark with a text or color the Fumbles? 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 100. This is an opcional rule based on WHFRPG 1ed

Paul Pratt
November 2nd, 2017, 21:05
Let me see if I can do something with an optional rule for this.

Blue Haven
January 26th, 2018, 16:36
Any updates on this jewel?
Big Hugs :)

MMOaddicted
March 11th, 2018, 06:31
Hey there folks, I've been having problems with effects with this ruleset recently, I dl'ed the newest update of course, neither me nor my players can drag effects from the character sheet. We get the following error. Effects added manually in the tracker or via the effects menu work normally.
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/spell_manager.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'evalEffect' (a nil value)
Sorry if I am lax with details but we just finished a session and it's 6:30 AM. So, I'll talk to all of when I am not exhausted! Have a jolly good day everyone!

Paul Pratt
March 11th, 2018, 08:13
New .pak posted to the first post in this thread.

This will correct the error when dragging effects from the character sheet to the CT.

Alvi_Leiz
March 12th, 2018, 03:03
Thank you Paul!

For the any next updates it will possible to add an option on trappings for Dwarfs Characters : Carry Limit (Strenght x20) (Carry Option: Old World Armoury)?

Thank you for your amazing work

Paul Pratt
March 12th, 2018, 07:20
Let me look into this. I think I can do something.

Paul Pratt
March 12th, 2018, 16:07
Alvi_Leiz,

I already have the support for the Dwarf carry limit option built in. On the main character sheet, at the top, if the race is entered as Dwarf, then the carry limit is changed. Unfortunately, this is all the support, so if using a different spelling due to language, it doesn't work. What are the spellings used for some languages? Easy to add. Line 391 of the file record_char_main is where this is set up.

Alvi_Leiz
March 12th, 2018, 16:09
Ahh Thank you! Yes, Im Spanish.

Mistamichal
March 14th, 2018, 06:37
Is there a way to manually change the value of Fortune points? I ask because of the Luck talent which gives an extra 1 fortune point per day, and I can't figure out how to show that on the character sheet.

Xydonus
March 14th, 2018, 07:18
Is there a way to manually change the value of Fortune points? I ask because of the Luck talent which gives an extra 1 fortune point per day, and I can't figure out how to show that on the character sheet.

You can either do it on their notes, or do what I do: Give a player one extra fate point, tick it, and then they'll have the extra fortune point.

Mistamichal
March 14th, 2018, 08:01
Ah, ok. Thanks for that.

Blue Haven
March 15th, 2018, 12:22
Thank you once again for another update :)

Paul Pratt
March 15th, 2018, 16:40
I did forget about the Luck talent. Are there any other talents that effect Fate or Fortune points? It wouldn't be hard to shorten the notes area and add a checkbox for the Luck talent to be tracked with.

Xydonus
March 15th, 2018, 18:11
I did forgot about the Luck talent. Are there any other talents that effect Fate or Fortune points? It wouldn't be hard to shorten the notes area and add a checkbox for the Luck talent to be tracked with.

Just luck far as I'm aware. Although from time to time I do reward fortune points for good roleplay.

MMOaddicted
March 15th, 2018, 21:29
Thanks for the quick update Paul! I have a question, I've been filling out some items and I have a problem with the armour, how am i supposed to list armor which protects multiple slots? I tried it with a comma, semi colon, "and" but none seem to be working. And I can't seem to fing information on it anywhere.

Mistamichal
March 15th, 2018, 21:50
I did forgot about the Luck talent. Are there any other talents that effect Fate or Fortune points? It wouldn't be hard to shorten the notes area and add a checkbox for the Luck talent to be tracked with.

That's a great idea. It would be very handy. :)

Paul Pratt
March 16th, 2018, 03:22
I posted this on the 40k thread. I should have thought about it and posted it here too.

Armor Locations for items should be one of the following for the auto equip to work. So, when creating an item use the following only in the "Protects" field. These are the only combinations that work, they mimic the rules.

Head
Body
Arms
Legs
Arms, Body, Legs
All

If you have layered armour and need the armor points to stack correctly, really the only thing you can do is create custom armour types to make it work. Say a Chain shirt layered over a Leather Jerkin, make a custom item "Layered Chain" and set it up from there.

Paul Pratt
April 9th, 2018, 08:05
I have worked on the set to be compatible with the upcoming FG 3.3.5.

1. In the next release I have also added a checkbox to track the Luck talent. Any additional Luck awards or adjustments should be tracked by the player using the notes area.
2. I looked into coloring the doubles rolls, but it led to other issues. Still on the table but not in this release.

Is there anything else that has come up? If so let me know, I would like to be able to add bug fixes to this release too.

Xydonus
April 9th, 2018, 12:52
How incompatible will the current version be when 3.3.5 comes out? Like will it break a lot of stuff? Just curious.

As for updates: Been gming the start of a new campaign and nothing comes to mind at the moment. Will ask my players though and if anything pops in my head ill let you know.

Paul Pratt
April 9th, 2018, 15:26
No, not in this ruleset anyway. There were a few things that would have thrown errors, but nothing that would damage a campaign. I have the .pak ready to go, and it will be posted same time as the release of 3.3.5.

Paul Pratt
April 19th, 2018, 02:30
Hello,

New .pak file posted to the first thread in this post. Updated for FG 3.5 and a few bug fixes. Luck Talent accounted for on main character page. Advanced skills update correctly when traits are changed.

Alvi_Leiz
April 19th, 2018, 15:01
Hello,

New .pak file posted to the first thread in this post. Updated for FG 3.5 and a few bug fixes. Luck Talent accounted for on main character page. Advanced skills update correctly when traits are changed.

Thank You Paul!

2bfjs
April 20th, 2018, 13:39
Cubical 7 is scheduled to release WFRP 4e soon. The company press release indicates a 2e style game. Any plans to develop a ruleset for the new edition?

Paul Pratt
April 20th, 2018, 15:23
I plan on looking into it. Its comes down to how much time it will take. Once I see and read the rules I will decide.

2bfjs
April 20th, 2018, 19:33
If you decide to go forward, I would be glad to assist. If you decide against, I hope to give it a go with any advice you can offer.

Thanks

Halfront
April 21st, 2018, 16:52
Paul,

First off thank you for your work!

What am I missing with this setup. I have a PC and NPC in combat tracker. No armors yet and just a dagger each. Why does the "dagger" "Attack WS:" show 14 vs the PC WS of 29? Did I set up the dagger wrong or something else I just dont see? Thanks :)

Paul Pratt
April 21st, 2018, 21:48
@Halfront,
In the weapon set up: Mods : Weapon Talent, check the circle. Then it will be treated as a trained weapon.

Halfront
April 23rd, 2018, 01:45
Paul,
Thanks for your response.

Another issue that has crept up on me. I am attempting to input as much data before I run my group using FG. I have added all the Petty Magic spells and have been testing if they work how I want them too work. My first test using "Magic Dart" goes well until I click for DMG to apply to the Goblin. I get the error shown. I am using the "red" blood drop symbol that tooltips - "roll damage for the spell used" to roll for DMG. I even drag the DMG from the chat to the CT and tried to drag to map icon - same error. I believe I have setup the encounter correctly by dragging icons from CT to map. Am I again missing something simple?

(I have two instances of FG open for testing)

[edit] Just reread the W40K page on Effects you posted - I'll test them out :)
Also, I would like to attempt to write some effects code. How do you link the abilities to coding? AG:5 (to make AG +5 for Blessing of Speed)

Paul Pratt
April 23rd, 2018, 03:06
@Halfront

1. If you are using the hit locations, make sure to cycle the location window. It defaults to "Set". Click it and cycle to the correct hit location. That is for weapons also.
2. Do you have a toughness set for the Goblin NPC? That can throw the error you are seeing. The game is comparing damage rolled against the damage reduction, a number is expected and it isn't finding one.
3. When you roll using the blood drop, the damage will be marked automatically, so I suspect it is a value missing.

As far as effects go, look in the 40k Multiset thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40215-40k-Multiset-Ruleset

Download the 40k Multiset .pdf. The rule sets are very similar and it will help with effects. Also look at the D&D3.5 effects guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

I used 3.5 as the base for the effects system. Those should help.

Halfront
May 2nd, 2018, 01:46
Paul,
Thanks in advance for any input:)
Trying to learn effects.
Is this possible:

1) Making Aethyric Attunment (gives +10% on Channelling and Magical Sense) as a "TALENT/ABILITY EFFECT" using your "persistent" rules.
I am not sure if I am using the "skills" in the EFFECT correctly or if it is possible at all.

I've tried these: (upper and lower case)
Persistent; SKILL:10 Channelling
Persistent; SKILL:10 channelling

Am I using the wrong syntax for the skill? or something else?
If it is possible then how does the skill "Magical Sense" get typed in the formulas?

I know I could just make the WP:10, but I'm trying to not make it effect just a WP test.

I will say I got the marksman one to work..yeah!
Persistent; Marksman; BS:5

2) Is there a way to track "ammo" in the ruleset like 5e?

Paul Pratt
May 10th, 2018, 05:09
Halfront, I just got in from vacation this evening. Let me look at the Persistent set up and I will comment back.

Paul Pratt
May 12th, 2018, 19:07
@Halfront,

Ammo, currently I have no ammo tracking included. We have simply been using the inventory list. We make an Arrow or Bolt item, and cycle the quantity there after a shot.

Persistent; SKILL:10 channeling
Persistent; SKILL:10 magical sense

These formats are correct and work in my testing.

**Note, in the version posted, I just discovered and issue. Any effect written that has two+ words in the name, i.e. Dodge Blow, Magical Sense, etc. DO NOT currently work! The single word skills do work in effects. I am investigating.
**Edit Two: I have found the issue and have fixed it. I will post a new .pak sometime today or tomorrow. The above syntax for the effects is correct and works.

Halfront
May 13th, 2018, 03:20
You are awesome! Thank you my friend:)

Paul Pratt
May 18th, 2018, 06:24
New .pak posted fixing effect issue with skills with more than a one word name.

Blue Haven
May 18th, 2018, 17:00
Thank you Paul :) The new edition is almost at hand ;)
Big Hugs

Blue Haven
August 1st, 2018, 00:23
Paul any update on this one?
Did you checked the new version of wfrp? Can you make it like the 40k one? I mean multi-version...i didnīt see many changes :)

Paul Pratt
August 1st, 2018, 05:59
@Blue Haven,
This ruleset has a maintenance update coming when FG updates to 3.3.6.

I have seen the new version. I headed to Gencon, when I return I will look into tweaking 2nd edition to 4th. Catothe1stElder is working on a dedicated 4th edition set.

phillgamboa
August 16th, 2018, 23:56
Paul,
I downloaded your fantastic ruleset for Warhammer Fantasy 2nd, but in the character sheet the options to edit attributes (WS, BS and others) is bugged, not editable.

Help please.

Version of FG - 3.3.6

Halfront
August 17th, 2018, 00:24
Paul,
I downloaded your fantastic ruleset for Warhammer Fantasy 2nd, but in the character sheet the options to edit attributes (WS, BS and others) is bugged, not editable.

Help please.

Version of FG - 3.3.6

Phillipehugo,

Be sure to use the "XP" tab to set/adjust stats:)

phillgamboa
August 17th, 2018, 00:31
Phillipehugo,

Be sure to use the "XP" tab to set/adjust stats:)

wow thanks!

i'm a noob! kkkkkk

Halfront
August 17th, 2018, 01:04
Glad to have helped :) Look back through the posts and you'll see I have already peppered Paul with questions haha. He has done an amazing job with the rule-set!

Paul Pratt
August 17th, 2018, 04:17
Thanks for watching the posts here Halfront.

Mojosta
August 23rd, 2018, 07:23
I really am liking the ruleset. Thank you to the creators

I did run into a question. Is there a way to use a dark die from the dark magic talent?
I read through your dark heresy(DH) pdf not finding it. Total honesty I am not familiar with DH do they have dark die effect? I am going to read the pdf again. It is possible I missed something, jumping on and off FG, trying out what I read.

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2018, 05:40
Mojosta,

Currently there is no support for the dark magic talent directly.

To be honest you are the first to bring it up! I am glad you did, I completely forgot about that talent and the way it works. Let me see what I can do to add support for this talent on the spell list area. Sorry, its not already there and you will need a work around for the time being.

Mojosta
August 25th, 2018, 03:33
Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

We can roll an extra die, that's what it is at the bottom of the chat for anyway, and compare for the time being.

Thanks again!

Mojosta
August 25th, 2018, 22:53
Paul I also noticed that you have the +5% for Melee weapons for best quality, however i am getting a +10% when I check best quality ranged weapons. They both should be +5%. (I am having deja vu) If this was already talked about sorry.

Paul Pratt
August 25th, 2018, 23:12
Sorry about that. It hasn't come up before. Fixed Ranged Weapons and "best" quality to +5%. I will include it with the next bug fix release, or the Dark Dice release which ever is first.

Mojosta
August 28th, 2018, 23:33
You rock sir! Thank you.

NuclearNebula
September 14th, 2018, 12:49
First, a big thank you to the OP for building this rule set.

I'm curious about creating NPCs with natural weapons. To get the combat functionality (dice rolls & such): Would I create a separate melee item, like claws&jaws, and then add the item to the npc sheet? OR is there another trick that I'm missing?

Halfront
September 14th, 2018, 13:55
I'm thinking making it a "weapon" would be the way to go...would be curious too if there is another way:)

Paul Pratt
September 14th, 2018, 15:50
For the NPC's with natural weapons, it is best to build it as a weapon item so any unique qualities or stats can be added in appropriately.

NuclearNebula
September 14th, 2018, 20:01
very good - thank you for the reply
AND thank you again for the rule set

Valyar
September 25th, 2018, 20:54
Quick question - why I get BS reduced by half when I put missile weapon in the Combat tab - no matter what weapon class I put (Ranged, Basic)?

Halfront
September 25th, 2018, 20:55
You probably didn't check the proficient box in that screen.

sorry..if you click the dn arrow right below the weapon name it will show you the longer list..if you have proficiency with the weapon select the "weapon talent"

You must do this once for each weapon a player and npc has in use.

Valyar
September 25th, 2018, 20:56
Awesome :)

EDIT: Found it :) "Weapon Talent" checkbox

Halfront
September 25th, 2018, 21:05
Very cool!

Tzargotha
October 3rd, 2018, 22:00
Hi, im unable to upload maps, is this normal?

Halfront
October 3rd, 2018, 22:29
Hi, im unable to upload maps, is this normal?

Can you give a little more info. Make sure you first ONLY have the WFRP 2.0 ruleset loaded and no other mods/extensions.

I just opened up my "images" folder inside FG and clicked on the "folder" then dragged an image into the folder and then opened it in FG. No issues.

Blue Haven
October 17th, 2018, 14:20
Paul i have a small problem...i started a new game and when a new player tried to insert the talents (manage characters, then choose the player) it shows an error and don't let them insert the talents...can you check this out please...?

Trenloe
October 17th, 2018, 15:29
and when a new player tried to insert the talents (manage characters, then choose the player) it shows an error
What's the error? Full details - copy the error from the console and provide it here. Without the details of the error it might be impossible to track down if it can't be easily recreated. With details of the error it might be a 1 minute fix.

Blue Haven
October 17th, 2018, 16:52
Small update and i guess problem solved Duh!! I cannot edit anything on the sheet so i guess its blocked and it can only be modified with the DM and in the session i guess...to avoid players to change things without DM knowing :)
Thanks and sorry for the stupid question...

Blue Haven
October 19th, 2018, 23:20
Ok so one question that someone already asked but it was forgotten i guess...every weapon i enter on the combat tab is assumed as ranged and only shows the BS...so i tried to enter a sword and how do i change this??? No matter what i do it always assume BS never WS...
Please help...
Thanks

Edit: Sorry one more time i found the answer very sorry...

LordEntrails
October 20th, 2018, 04:08
Ok so one question that someone already asked but it was forgotten i guess...every weapon i enter on the combat tab is assumed as ranged and only shows the BS...so i tried to enter a sword and how do i change this??? No matter what i do it always assume BS never WS...
Please help...
Thanks

Never hurts to post the answer or a link to it. Odds are you're not the only one who will have the question :)

Blue Haven
October 20th, 2018, 15:24
When i said that i found the solution...just read the rest of the posts by Paul...in one of them he says that you have to enter manually (write down) melee or ranged so it can change from BS to WS :)
Thats why i said sorry...it was already asked before and i was too lazy to read it :(

Halfront
October 22nd, 2018, 16:27
Please help...
Thanks

Great you found your answer :)

For others here's a visual of the same weapon and I justed changed the "class" of the weapon from Melee to Ranged. Spelling is important too.

Hope this clarifies for some :)

Knuckleball Ned
October 30th, 2018, 02:38
I'm interested in creating a library of effects for my 2e games, but i'm not familiar with the syntax. I've read the Dark Heresy manual and have tried and got some of them to work in WFRP, but others don't. I get the profile stats to work (e.g. WS: 10), but what about an effect like the spell Summer Heat that imposes a -20% to all tests? Is there a master list that details the syntax for effects.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this ruleset!

Paul Pratt
October 30th, 2018, 17:16
Knuckleball Ned,

Since the tests are ability tests, skill tests, and combat tests the effect would have to cover all of them. SKILL:"x" and ABIL:"x" are in there to cover these. I would think ABIL:-20 would work. Every roll would be -20 since everything in the game uses an ability as the base.
There is no master list beyond 40k Multiset list, they use the same. D&D 3.5 is a good place to check. I used the 3.5 effects files to build this.

Valyar
December 4th, 2018, 18:29
Hi Paul,

I think this ruleset will greatly benefit from the re-sizable combat/skills mini-sheets. Like their counterparts in the 40K one. :)
We reached phase where the scrolling is too much and the guy on the laptop is going crazy :D

Paul Pratt
December 19th, 2018, 05:44
Updated for FG 3.3.7

Added resizable mini sheets. Added mini sheet for Inventory. See first post for .pak file.

Valyar
December 19th, 2018, 07:43
Updated for FG 3.3.7

Added resizable mini sheets. Added mini sheet for Inventory. See first post for .pak file.

Fantastic, thank you very much! :)

Blue Haven
December 19th, 2018, 20:50
Thanks friend for another update :)
Happy holidays :)

paladiusdarkhelm
February 26th, 2019, 21:28
I had posted under the rulesets area, but believe I was directed to this ruleset. Are there any plans to incorporate Zweihander: Grim & Perilous into the WHF2 ruleset via something like an options switch - like maybe what is done with the 40K ruleset?

Valyar
February 27th, 2019, 09:03
I doubt this will ever happen. Zweihander's system is different enough to make such effort commercially infeasible.

What might be a better option is to get extension to this ruleset that incorporates the Zweihander's specifics. But who will work on such extension - I can't say. ;)

Paul Pratt
February 28th, 2019, 03:47
paladiusdarkhelm,

I won't be tackling Zweihander. It would be too much work to incorporate as WHF2 base like I did the 40k rules. Valyar is correct, as a spring board and extension would be a good option. I just don't have the time to tackle it.

ccwettr123
March 24th, 2019, 15:23
Hiya! Anyone know how to get the Adv. Scheme section filled? I've tried the Career Scheme Tracker and it doesn't transfer over. I'm probably just stupid (took me an hour to figure out how to get weapons working) and its in some really obvious place. Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks!

Halfront
March 24th, 2019, 17:50
Halfront

Paul Pratt
March 24th, 2019, 18:55
ccwettr123,

There is no permanent tracking it is manual. The career tracker is optional, some use it some don't. On the XP sheet, under improvements is Adv. Scheme. This can be edited by hovering over and ctrl+ mousewheel over it to set up the current advancements available in the career.

The career tracker, works by adding the current scheme and previous career scheme into the sheet, and using the check boxes to track what has been taken.

Either way, you must manually edit the "Improvements" field for the stat to adjust.

ccwettr123
March 24th, 2019, 19:16
Thank you! Loving this ruleset so far :)

Knuckleball Ned
March 28th, 2019, 10:24
The numbers in the advance scheme appear to not be editable since they don't have a data box to input a number. But, they are in fact, editable. Either click on the 0 that appears in the row, or click on the "Improvement" box above it and tab into it.

Paul Pratt
April 17th, 2019, 16:10
Bug fixed with healing spells not applying heal correctly to crits first then wounds. Updated .pak file located in first post.

Alvi_Leiz
April 17th, 2019, 16:57
Thank you Paul!

Arion
April 17th, 2019, 17:13
I am getting an issue with the Combat Tracker. When i open it, i get a load of errors (below) and it is very difficult to say overtype an Initiative score in the tracker itself. I can type one number, but if i have to type in 62, i get a 6. When i type again, i get a 2. We have been playing this campaign a fairly long time and have been using quite a few versions of this fantastic ruleset!

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (charge) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (run) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:236: attempt to index global 'fullmove' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(fullmoveunits) anchoring to an undefined control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(fullmoveunits) anchoring to an undefined control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chargeunits) anchoring to an undefined control (charge) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chargeunits) anchoring to an undefined control (charge) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(rununits) anchoring to an undefined control (run) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(rununits) anchoring to an undefined control (run) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(frame_spacing) anchoring to an undefined control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (charge) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (run) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(frame_spacing) anchoring to an undefined control (fullmove) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:236: attempt to index global 'fullmove' (a nil value)
<snip>
And lots more...

Paul Pratt
April 18th, 2019, 02:16
Have you updated the ruleset recently? Please use the latest FG release and WHFRP 2e .pak file too. Have you removed the everyone from the CT and added them back? If you have the most recent FG and ruleset then removing/re-adding should clear it up.

Arion
April 18th, 2019, 10:36
Thanks, that fixed it! Strangely though, there was no option to remove the characters on a right click. I had to mark them all as enemies first and then use the "remove enemies" option from the menu. Very strange

Paul Pratt
April 19th, 2019, 06:55
Yea, that was a recent update. A change to the CT.

Martin2301
April 19th, 2019, 18:28
Just miss one thing i think the "race" pug

Martin2301
April 24th, 2019, 20:45
Hi, I wonder would be nice to have a career module that we could have on the side like: Objects, NPC, Story.
Just to simplify the module

Knuckleball Ned
April 24th, 2019, 21:11
With Games Workshop being copyright douches, you'll have to make your own. That's what we did

Paul Pratt
April 25th, 2019, 02:17
What information slots would you want?

Arion
April 25th, 2019, 10:19
We identified a bug i think on tuesday.

I hit several of the characters with critical hits and i went to their sheets to add their insanity points...only to find that they had far fewer than i remembered from last week. I updated their insanity totals to what i thought they should be and we carried on. Then we had some internet issues and two of the players lost connection. When they re-joined, their IP were 0. I am not sure if this is a ruleset issue or a FG one, but i can get my players to try and recreate it next week if that helps?

I have just loaded up the campaign, and two of the characters have 3 and 2, which are correct, and the others have 0 and 1 when they should be 3 and 7 respectively.

Martin2301
April 25th, 2019, 20:38
For the career it would be the description (empty), the profile (main and secondary), Skills, talents, trapping, Entries and exits.
Everything empty so you can create a nice module with every careers you can create.

Paul Pratt
April 26th, 2019, 02:25
Arion,

I found the issue. They need to be updated from the XP Tab. Updating from the main tab isn't linked correctly. I will correct this as soon as I can. I will be on the road for a few days and get to this next week.

Paul Pratt
April 26th, 2019, 02:26
Martin2301,

I think I could do this. Let me look into it. I will report back.

Knuckleball Ned
July 5th, 2019, 05:19
Paul,
What tag do i use to code a bonus to armor points in effects? Like, if i want to make an effect for Aethyric Armor that adds +3 to the armor points on all locations? Example: Aethyric Armor; [tag]: 3 all What would the tag be? Also, how do i create an effect that applies to attacks against the target who has a Condition in effect? For example, the Defensive Stance action: opponents get a -20 to WS against the target. I'm not clear on the syntax.

Paul Pratt
July 5th, 2019, 17:40
Knuckleball,

You can use either:
WS:-20
ATK:-20

They would both be placed on the attacker.

For the Armor, there is not currently a way to add that effect. I have it in 40k. Let me look at how I did that, and work it into the WHFRP.

Paul Pratt
July 5th, 2019, 22:11
New .pak posted. See the first post in the thread.

I added a new base effect "Defensive Stance" for use. Rather than apply a modifier to each attacker, a PC using this stance applies the effect to themselves and each NPC attacking them will have the -20 taken into account on their attack rolls. Use as:
Defensive Stance;

I added the effect "ARMOR". The values are 1 to 10 and -1 to -10. Use as:
ARMOR:1
This will add 1 point of armor to the actors Damage reduction used in the damage calculations.

I fixed the issue with the insanity resetting. The Insanity number on the PC sheet main tab should be read only. It is now. Apply all adjustments to stats using the XP tab. This makes it consistent with the rest of the stats.

I have added a "careers" library so they can be added and exported as a module.

Knuckleball Ned
July 6th, 2019, 01:20
Thanks, Paul. You rock! We had made an item called Aethyric Armor that gave the spellcaster their current Mag in armor points that could be manually equipped and unequipped as needed and then put an effect called Aethyric Armor on the CT to track the duration. But there was no guarantee the player would remember to un-equip it when it expired. This is a definite improvement. The careers library looks nice. Now i'll have to transfer the 8 pages of careers i made in the Reference library over to the new library.

Martin2301
July 7th, 2019, 04:35
Wow thanks Paul. Very nice work!!!!

Blue Haven
July 8th, 2019, 16:44
Thanks again Paul :P
I forgot to tell you one thing i notice...before this update (didn't try the new version) but the players in my game all of them, like by magic, each time i start a new session, they start with -1 in the wounded section, like they have one more wound to there stats...this is very strange and i never seen this before...what could be causing this?
Thanks.

Paul Pratt
July 8th, 2019, 22:32
Blue Haven,

I can't think of anything off hand that would cause that behavior. Let me set up a campaign and see if I can recreate it. I can't in my own campaign.

Knuckleball Ned
July 8th, 2019, 23:23
It's possible it has something to do with the order of character creation. Stats need to created first, but often people start on the main tab, rather than the XP tab.

Paul Pratt
July 9th, 2019, 06:26
Blue Haven,

I have tried a few things and can not recreate this issue. Can you remove and re-add the players to the CT and see if that corrects the issue? There may be something campaign DB related causing this.

Blue Haven
July 9th, 2019, 19:17
Ok Paul, it seems that the problem was indeed with the CT or related with that...because i didn't notice the -1 on wounds in the CT, but after i set it to 0 (normal) its good again...but i don't know why the CT changed to -1 the first time...i didn't change anything so i have no ideia...but its nice now :P
Thanks

Edit - Paul it is possible to change the characters pic, token and sheet to the old circle instead of the square? Or this is ruleset forced?

Paul Pratt
July 9th, 2019, 21:16
The portrait is square and set by the ruleset, well actually it is inherited from CoreRPG. The token should be whatever shape you made your tokens. My tokens are round and display correctly.

Valyar
July 11th, 2019, 06:22
The career library is so awesome! :)

Blue Haven
July 20th, 2019, 20:57
Paul you rock!! :P
Thank you so much :)
Big Hugs

MMOaddicted
July 31st, 2019, 02:50
Any way to do skill bonuses through effects? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Knuckleball Ned
July 31st, 2019, 06:41
Yes. For example, a +10% chance to Scale Sheer Surfaces from Rat Claws would be written:
Rat Claws; SKILL: 10 scale sheer surfaces

Paul Pratt
July 31st, 2019, 08:02
If something gives a bonus to all skills you can use SKILL: 10

The format is Cause; Skill: x skill name in lower case. Knuckleball's post is dead on to the format.

MMOaddicted
August 1st, 2019, 21:39
Thanks Paul! And Ned! Both of you are amazing!

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2019, 08:30
Fixes for 3.3.8 and ID states inbound. Hopefully just a few days more.

Paul Pratt
August 25th, 2019, 02:50
New .pak posted with updates for FG 3.3.8. Fixed ID states for PC's and NPC's. Fixed currency and item transfers for NPC's from the Party Sheet.

You can now drop weapons and items onto NPC's in the combat tracker.

Knuckleball Ned
August 29th, 2019, 18:18
Paul,

Could you clarify what you mean by "Fixed ID states for PC's and NPC's. Fixed currency and item transfers for NPC's from the Party Sheet."?

Paul Pratt
August 30th, 2019, 03:18
The ID states in the Combat Tracker could sometimes display incorrectly. This condition as fixed. It was a rare error. The transfer Currency and Items from the party sheet would not display the name of the NPC that is was transferred to. This was corrected.

NuclearNebula
August 31st, 2019, 12:06
I apologize if this question has already been answered:
When you post a .pak update, will FG's autoupdater also update the ruleset OR do I need to download and replace all the previous files to update a ruleset?
I'm such a n00b :confused:

Girwan
August 31st, 2019, 12:23
You need download and replace old file