PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy v1 for FG 3.2

Paul Pratt
November 3rd, 2016, 02:40
Hello, here is the latest Dark Heresy built for FG 3.2.

Any issues, please let me know here and I will try to correct them quickly.

**Caution, existing campaigns, those prior to FG 3.2, may lose some data with the rework of the skills. Run a back up of your current campaign so you can recover the changes.

I have included the .pak and a module and extension for the Imperium's Calendar. New user's guide is also below.

11/4/16: Added the .ext file for the Imperium calendar that was omitted with the original post.
11/5/16: Added the Enhanced Images (40K) .ext
11/16/16: Changed .pak file for FG 3.2.1 update
12/10/16: Changed .pak file to fix NPC weapon shortcut issue.
1/19/17: Changed the .pak and Enhanced Images.ext file for the FG 3.2.2 release
2/15/17: Updated with some added features. 1. Filter basic skills list to trained only. 2. Cleaned up the skills list to remove advanced checkbox and trained checkbox to provide more room. 3. Provided for list page navigation to be compatible with Core RPG.
6/21/17: Updated weapons to allow for Defensive weapon quality. Minor bug fixes.

Blue Haven
November 3rd, 2016, 12:36
Another Big Thank you :)

Edit: Sorry to ask this but i have a major game in the last ruleset and i have too much work written that i don't want to lose...how can i backup that??

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 17:07
how can i backup that??
Make a copy of the whole of the campaign specific directory from <FG App Data>\campaigns.

Blue Haven
November 3rd, 2016, 20:21
I did that :) and i don't know if i did it right but i copy the files on top of the new campaign folder so i can use the old files and continue to write the storys, but till now nothing wrong only one problem...i cannot select the language on the tab like Tau, Ork...when i click on there nothing shows up :( but on a new campaign everthing is fine...
Where are or what files should i keep so i can only keep the story? I don't need the rest...
Thanks for the help :)

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 01:22
Where are or what files should i keep so i can only keep the story? I don't need the rest...
Thanks for the help :)
Your best approach would be to export the stories into a module. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Then load that module up in the new campaign.

Paul Pratt
November 4th, 2016, 02:55
I agree. There are so many small tweaks, and large changes that if stories are most important, export them as a module.

Blue Haven
November 4th, 2016, 13:32
Ok thanks for the help :)

Paul Pratt
November 5th, 2016, 07:03
A must have extension - Enhanced Images is now available converted to 40k graphics and ready for use. Please see the file in the first post above.

Thank you Zeus for the original, and thank you Trenloe for keeping this extension alive!

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 15:03
A must have extension - Enhanced Images is now available converted to 40k graphics and ready for use. Please see the file in the first post above.
Fantastic!

Anyone using this should be aware of the note/possible issues in the first couple of posts here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG) It works fine, but you need to be aware of the implications to FG processes when using this extension.

Paul Pratt
November 16th, 2016, 23:19
Added .pak file in first post for FG 3.2.1 update.

spite
November 29th, 2016, 22:36
Is this usable for Dark Heresy 2? I have not played either but my group has expressed interest in DH2 and wondering if this ruleset will support it?
Thanks in advance :)

Paul Pratt
December 1st, 2016, 05:30
This is Dark Heresy 1. DH 2 has some core differences, it could be used but you would have to work around a few things.

I haven't yet decided if I have the time to tackle DH 2, my groups prefer DH1.

Morbid-Don
December 4th, 2016, 01:15
Encounters Error > Can't drop NPCs in Encounter

Hello

Recently I installed the new Dark Hersey Ruleset 3.2.1

Basically when I create an encounter and drop an NPC into the window

ie> Drop NPC links here to add encounter

Thoughts / Solutions?

Please Advise > Thank You

cryptoco
December 4th, 2016, 22:25
I had the same issue, just deleted the old pak and downloaded again, works again.

Paul Pratt
December 5th, 2016, 22:13
This issue was corrected was noted and corrected. This should be working when using the current .pak in the first post. Please download and use that version. If you have further issues let me know.

Morbid-Don
December 6th, 2016, 01:24
It worked > I had to reinstall FG then put in a fresh copy of the ruleset > now I'm all set > Thanks Guys

Stay GAMING

Morbid-Don
December 8th, 2016, 16:43
Hey Guys,

I found this problem today...

Create an NPC > then create a "weapon" then click on Inquisitor symbol to access weapon's notes and I got this error

Before posting I did a few things

I deleted my campaign + deleted the ruleset > then I downloaded a fresh copy of the ruleset today
I created a new test campaign then went in and recreated a test NPC and a test weapon entry > to no avail

After that

I deleted FG both from My Programs(x86) and from Roaming APP data > FG
Then reinstalled then put the ruleset back in then created a new campaign and tested it again > same error

Just wanted to be extra thoro before submitting

Please Advise > Thank You

Paul Pratt
December 8th, 2016, 20:36
Morbid-Don,

I will look at this tonight when I get home from work. So I understand, you created a new NPC, then created a weapon using the gear tab. Once the weapon was created you used the shortcut (Inquisitor icon) and it threw the error. Is that correct?

Morbid-Don
December 8th, 2016, 21:14
Yes > precisely > Thank You for your help > I'll stay posted

Paul Pratt
December 10th, 2016, 17:35
Updated. Fixed NPC weapon shortcut issue. Please use the .pak in the first post.

Morbid-Don
December 13th, 2016, 20:18
I am confirming that the NPC weapon shortcut issue is fixed

Paul Pratt
January 20th, 2017, 06:16
Updated .pak file with small changes for compatibility with FG 3.2.2 release.

Updated Enhanced Images with 40k theme file from Trenloe's 2.04 version

Morbid-Don
January 25th, 2017, 18:36
OK I want to add to this project > 5E shouldn't get all the love...

EDITED

I removed the MODs > sorry community

Mods removed > I don't feel like being sued by FFG - big shout out to FFG & Games Workshop for being soooo (there's a word for it) that the IP is never supported nor encouraged - way to go!

Maybe in another 15 years they can advance the time line for maximum profits when most of their "80s" players are over 60

Morbid

Bidmaron
January 26th, 2017, 12:18
Morbid, what ruleset is this for? What is DH2?

damned
January 26th, 2017, 13:02
Morbid, what ruleset is this for? What is DH2?

Dark Heresy...

Morbid-Don
January 26th, 2017, 18:05
I did it for "this ruleset" tho if splitting hairs - all the info comes from Dark Heresy 2nd Edition Core Book at the moment...

I went in well beyond that and also have Items from the Inquisitor's Handbook (1st Edition DH) and am working on The Lathes World gear soon!
When I'm done I'm going to have all the gear from all the books including RT, OW, BC, and DW aka muhahahhahaha!

Morbid

Paul Pratt
February 16th, 2017, 07:33
New features added. New .pak added to the first post.

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 07:36
Should I add this as a 2E version on this wiki page?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Warhammer_40K:_Dark_Heresy

Cheers,
JPG

Paul Pratt
February 17th, 2017, 05:09
This would replace the version there currently. Same rules, just updated to work with 3.2+.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2017, 07:30
I've updated the link in the wiki for Dark Heresy to point to this thread.

Cheers,
JPG

Paul Pratt
February 21st, 2017, 16:43
Thanks Moon.

Morbid-Don
March 5th, 2017, 21:27
Hi not too sure but the Links are dead - Ive tried in 2 different browsers? Is it this new forum system that's stripped out the hyperlinks?

Trenloe
March 5th, 2017, 22:25
Hi not too sure but the Links are dead - Ive tried in 2 different browsers? Is it this new forum system that's stripped out the hyperlinks?
Works fine for me. Have you tried right-clicking on the link and select "save as" or whichever option is similar in your browser of choice?

Morbid-Don
March 6th, 2017, 04:16
Hi Trenloe> I don't see an actual link to anything on Post #1 > the "Attached Files" text doesn't do anything - and right clicking save as - saves a .PNG file associated to that paperclip icon. Normally this is a basic process I know :)
I can send you a screenshot?

damned
March 6th, 2017, 09:02
Please try a different browser...

Morbid-Don
March 6th, 2017, 16:02
My browser at my job worked - I "get" a different GUI to these forums at home then I do here at the job - it maybe an issue other people might experience I will post a link off my server with a screenshot so you can see what I mean - otherwise I'm all set now - Thanks Guys - TTYL

Morbid-Don
March 7th, 2017, 15:48
Here is a screenshot of "this" forum as I see it in my x2 home browsers...

Notice how "links" are stripped away + the whole forum looks "different"

Please Advise?

https://www.wurkhaus.com/images/ss.jpg

Thank You!

Trenloe
March 7th, 2017, 16:45
Here is a screenshot of "this" forum as I see it in my x2 home browsers...

Notice how "links" are stripped away + the whole forum looks "different"

Please Advise?

https://www.wurkhaus.com/images/ss.jpg

Thank You!
You're in the "mobile" forum style. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the "Full Site" link.

Morbid-Don
March 7th, 2017, 19:04
I will try this tonight and let you know > thanks for the insight!

Paul Pratt
June 22nd, 2017, 05:38
Added new .pak file for 40k DH 1st edition. Added Defensive quality to weapons options, minor bug fixes.

Paul Pratt
September 20th, 2017, 16:31
I am no longer supporting this ruleset. Please use the 40k Multiset, which has added features, and I will be maintaining that ruleset.

Starwolf
April 3rd, 2018, 21:10
Hi, where can I download the WH40K Multiset? I can't find any link from the wiki page.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 21:26
Hi, where can I download the WH40K Multiset? I can't find any link from the wiki page.
In this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40215-40k-Multiset-Ruleset

Starwolf
April 4th, 2018, 20:46
Thanks =0)