PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 3.2V - Items

sebadiaz77
November 2nd, 2016, 17:46
Hi, i liked the 3.2 update, but im having problems with the item tab. If i load de SRD modules for 5e the item section lagg a lot because loads all the items of SRD modules, i cant even use it.

I have very good PC so i don't know why i can't use this.

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 18:57
Hi, i liked the 3.2 update, but im having problems with the item tab. If i load de SRD modules for 5e the item section lagg a lot because loads all the items of SRD modules, i cant even use it.

I have very good PC so i don't know why i can't use this.

Thanks.

I'm not seeing this. Do you have any extensions loaded? Also what's the size of your database file? Do you have a lot of tokens and/or images loaded?

sebadiaz77
November 2nd, 2016, 20:48
With a little of investigation i conclude that the problem is when i use the extension "5E Theme - Wizards"

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 21:09
With a little of investigation i conclude that the problem is when i use the extension "5E Theme - Wizards"

That's very strange. Can you say how large your data file is and whether you have a lot of tokens?

sebadiaz77
November 2nd, 2016, 21:12
The size of the campaign is 19,4 mb
I have a lot of tokens

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 22:03
The size of the campaign is 19,4 mb
Is that the size of your campaign db.xml file? If so, that is huge and I'd recommend removing lots of records (delete or export into a module).

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 22:04
I should have said do you have a lot of tokens in your FG/tokens/host folder. Also how much memory is FG using when you open up the SRD modules.

sebadiaz77
November 2nd, 2016, 22:13
Okay, so my db.xml of my campaign is 592 kb.
I have a lot of tokens in my host folder.
Only when im using the extension "5E Themes- Wizards" the SRD module in the item tab eats 1 GB of memory and 15% of my CPU (i7). When i open the same SRD module in the ITEM tab with the default theme also eats 1 GB of memory, but dosn't take any CPU.
BTW: If i click in the tab to select the module in the Item section the program froze.

sebadiaz77
November 2nd, 2016, 22:17
No problem

Forzen-Later Crash

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 22:20
Would you mind trying a brand new 5E campaign with the WOTC theme to see if it does the same thing. I can't reproduce that issue locally even if I open all the SRD, WOTC and other third party modules.

Are you running a Windows PC or a Mac? If Mac, did you install through Steam or manually install with WINE?

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 22:22
I can't reproduced.

From your screenshots it looks like you have other modules that aren't from the SRD. What other modules do you have open? For SRD data the two modules that contain items are "DD5E SRD Data" and "DD5E SRD Magic Items".

I'd recommend starting in a fresh campaign and open your modules one-by-one to try to identify if it is a specific module that is causing the issue.

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 22:22
Okay, I think I can reproduce it now thanks to your images.

It seems to only occur when the window is wide and short. When I resized the window to be taller than it was wide, I never saw this issue. I'm guessing there is a problem with it not having enough room to draw the drop down in the WOTC theme.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 18:25
I just pushed a hot fix for this issue. It only happened with the Wizards theme, when the list windows were at their smallest (and default) size. I increased the minimum size to give enough room for all the controls, and the problem should be fixed now.

Regards,
JPG

sebadiaz77
November 3rd, 2016, 19:54
Perfect!!! Thank you!!

jeffepp
November 4th, 2016, 13:53
As this is a thread on items, I'll put this here.

In the Items window, and with a category (let's say "weapons") selected, when I create a new item, it doesn't show up in the current category. It only shows up in "all", without a category. Is this the intended functionality? I would think that the new item would pick up the displayed category by default.

damned
November 4th, 2016, 13:58
As this is a thread on items, I'll put this here.

In the Items window, and with a category (let's say "weapons") selected, when I create a new item, it doesn't show up in the current category. It only shows up in "all", without a category. Is this the intended functionality? I would think that the new item would pick up the displayed category by default.

It will show up in All and None.
In 3.2.1 the functionality to create in the desired Category at the start will be implemented.

jeffepp
November 4th, 2016, 15:16
OK, good to know. Thanks. I figured it would also show in none, but didn't test it.