PDA

View Full Version : hex grid help.

Drath3n
November 2nd, 2016, 14:26
I make my own maps, I use Paint Shop Pro. The hex grid overlay for FG is all but invisible against my maps. There is no hex fill for Paint Shop as far as I can find. There are tutorials for making a hex grid fill but it is inaccurate and the results will not align with the FG grid. What are my options to make the grid easily visible within this version of the Gurps ruleset and/or paint shop(or gimp)?

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 14:41
The FG Grid isn't really meant to be all that visible since it is there mainly to provide for tokens placement and movement etc. If you want a highly visible Hex grid then you'll need to paint that into your map using whatever package that you have available. I can't remember if GIMP has a hex grid tool or not. Having said that if you do use a map with a predrawn hex grid then you will find a whole world of problems trying to line that up with the FG Grid. If, of course, you don't need the FG Grid then that's a lot less of a problem. More information in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34513-Aligning-Hex-Grids)

Gigermann
November 3rd, 2016, 03:58
I've found that using a lower resolution image, while less attractive, tends to show the grid better. That, and fiddling with the contrast/brightness.

Drath3n
November 4th, 2016, 19:43
Thanks all for the info and pointers