PDA

View Full Version : Forum Email Notifications

bigboom
November 2nd, 2016, 09:12
Hello! Starting about a day (or two?) ago, the FG forums stopped sending email notifications for subscribed threads and PMs.

I'm guessing the administrators are already aware but I didn't see any posts on the forums mentioning this issue, so I figured I'd raise one here.

I checked my profile settings and everything appears to be in order. Let me know if there is anything else I should check or do.

Thanks!

Andraax
November 2nd, 2016, 12:34
I've gotten email notifications all day yesterday and early this morning. Some just a little while ago.

NotRussellCrowe
November 2nd, 2016, 13:51
Hello! Starting about a day (or two?) ago, the FG forums stopped sending email notifications for subscribed threads and PMs.

I'm guessing the administrators are already aware but I didn't see any posts on the forums mentioning this issue, so I figured I'd raise one here.

I checked my profile settings and everything appears to be in order. Let me know if there is anything else I should check or do.

Thanks!

Hi, bigboom!

I noticed that gmail started classifying emails from FG as spam last week. I had to tell it that it was not spam and haven't had any issues. It was fine until last week I believe and has been fine since (that I'm aware of).

However, there are threads of people reporting issues with receiving emails since last week and/or this week so there may very well be an issue on the server.

bigboom
November 2nd, 2016, 17:50
Thanks Andraax & NotRuss

Hmmm...so I'm not the only affected by this problem but it's also not affecting everyone.

FYI, to the forum administrators, I'm not using Gmail but rather, I'm using Hotmail (yes, yes...who still uses hotmail??).

I've checked my junk/spam folders and I see that no forum notifications are going there.

And as for the last email notification I received from the forums that I can find, it is dated Oct 27, 3:27PM, east coast time. (So I guess this has been an issue for me since last week...longer than the day or two that I originally thought)

Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide to help with this issue!

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 20:35
Same here, that fits me 28/10 NZT last notification. I haven't received any since either, and none in junk mail. Settings all seem the same.

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 22:38
I'm not using Gmail but rather, I'm using Hotmail (yes, yes...who still uses hotmail??).

We see a lot of hotmail users still. We have made a few more changes to SPF records. Email delivery can be a royal pain to diagnose, but we are looking into a few other things still.

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 02:03
Bigboom - this should be starting to work again now....

bigboom
November 4th, 2016, 02:16
Unfortunately, still not yet working for me.

damned
November 4th, 2016, 07:02
Maybe check in your Spam then? Im pretty sure you are hotmail. All the Microsoft services were picking up an error which was resolved about 36hours ago. My (office 365) started working again about 30 hours ago so Im sure Hotmail wont be too far away...

bigboom
November 4th, 2016, 18:12
Nope, nothing in the spam folder. :(

But perhaps it'll soon resolve itself. In a few days, I'll check in with some other folks who were also not getting notifications and if we're still having problems, I'll come back and post on this thread.

Thanks for all the assistance!!

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2016, 19:06
My notifications starting working again about 24 hours ago. gmail.

ddavison
November 10th, 2016, 19:56
Certain services (especially MSN.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com) have overly aggressive email spam filtering that not only marks legitimate emails from our server to you as spam, but actually deletes it without placing it in your junk or spam folders. To combat this, please try adding fantasygrounds.com to your email whitelist. Alternately, you can add new contacts for [email protected] and [email protected] and those emails should no longer be blocked from reaching you. If you have further difficulty, please try emailing us directly as [email protected] and we would be happy to help get you any information you didn't receive.