PDA

View Full Version : Superior Inspiration

EKruze
November 2nd, 2016, 04:57
There seems to be an inconsistency between my copy of the PHB Deluxe on FG and my hard cover PHB with respect to the the level 20 Bard ability Superior Inspiration. My hardcover version on the skill returns one use of Bardic Inspiration when initiative is rolled with no other uses available. In the Fantasy Grounds copy a wholly different effect is described giving targets of Bardic Inspiration two inspiration dice instead of one.

Does anyone know where this modified form of Superior Inspiration comes from?

lostsanityreturned
November 2nd, 2016, 05:53
There seems to be an inconsistency between my copy of the PHB Deluxe on FG and my hard cover PHB with respect to the the level 20 Bard ability Superior Inspiration. My hardcover version on the skill returns one use of Bardic Inspiration when initiative is rolled with no other uses available. In the Fantasy Grounds copy a wholly different effect is described giving targets of Bardic Inspiration two inspiration dice instead of one.

No idea, checked the phb errata and nothing has changed with superior inspiration.

This said, I would far rather the FG variant. Significantly more powerful -laughs-

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:46

I don't know either. It's possible that the version of the PHB supplied to Zeus when he did the PHB wasn't the latest version - there has been a couple of things like this crop up in the past. I'll update the PHB to include the version that's in the Hardback.