PDA

View Full Version : DOE: OLE Extension

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 02:47
Note: This extension is no longer available
Overview
The DOE: OLE Extension brings the ability to link to external URLs to Fantasy Grounds in the form of OLE Links. OLE Links can be manually selected and triggered by the GM.

OLE Links are accessed via the DOE: OLE OLE List and GM-created MiniLists, lists of OLE Links able to be manipulated almost the same as any other Fantasy Grounds list of links.

OLE Links can be used in Story and Notes Entries via the use of MiniLists which can be linked via the Link Paragraph Type. MiniLists can even be placed on Maps and Images as Map Pins. Basically, almost anywhere where you can use a Link in Fantasy Grounds you can use a MiniList.

GM's can share MiniLists with Players.

A screenshot is provided.

Full details are provided in the accompanying Manual (a Module). The Manual can be opened by Fantasy Ground v3+ using any Ruleset, with or without the Extension being loaded.

Version

1.0.0 - Initial Creation
2.0.0 - Compatibility Update and added OLELink Groups
2.2.0 - Compatibility Update, Fixed issues with Simple Brown & Simple Gray Themes, add support for StarFinder Ruleset (Graphics still required)
2.2.1 - Compatibility Update
3.0.0 - Current - See Post #63 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension&p=461912&viewfull=1#post461912)

Manual Version

1.0.0 - Initial Creation
2.0.0 - Compatibility Update
2.2.1 - Current - Compatibility Update

Rulesets
This Extension works with:

CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.8, CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.9, and selected Child Rulesets.

Dependencies
This Extension is dependent on:

DOE Base Extension v4.0.0 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension)

Wiki Page & Full Documentation

DOE: OLE Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE:_OLE_Extension)

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

DORCore (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset)

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz

DOE Base Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension)
DOE: Alignment Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25319-DOE-Alignment-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Campaign Style Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25320-DOE-Campaign-Style-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Locations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension)
DOE: Organisations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27169-DOE-Organisations-Extension)
DOE: Sound Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension)
DOE: Weather Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22142-DOE-Weather-Extension)

Downloading The Extension
This Extension and its accompanying Documentation can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this post.

Loading The Extension
This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

[email protected]

Thank you

Previous Downloads:

DOE: OLE Extension: 1,530
DOE: OLE Extension Manual: 1,089

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 03:41
Love your work! :)

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 03:46
... Except when I get an error... ;)

CoreRPG brand new campaign, only DOE Base v2.0 and DOe OLE v1.0 loaded. When creating a new OLE link I get:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class ( : MJB_OLE.OLEList.id-00001)
Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsLibMasterList.lua"]:63: attempt to call field 'fpSetRecordType' (a nil value)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 04:12
OK, I've pulled the extension from the 1st post unrtil I can work out why its started doing that - thanks for letting me know

Edit: OK, got that sorted (I think) - Extension re-posrter in the first post.

Cheers

Talen
November 2nd, 2016, 11:15
Duluxe, I love your extensions, but being a bit of a Luddite - I'm uncertain to what I effect i can use this one....what is this extension designed to be used for?

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 11:25
If you give the Extension a URL (any URL) you'll be able to open up that Webpage, pdf, video or whatever from inside FG.

OLE = Object Linking and Embedding, a system that allows you to put an Excel Spreadsheet into a Powerpoint presentation (for example) - in this case its putting something accessed via a URL into FG.

Does that help explain things?

Talen
November 2nd, 2016, 11:28
it does. Thank you!

Gwydion
November 2nd, 2016, 14:56
One more public service announcement on reading the wiki's!

So, after searching and searching the buttons on fantasy grounds for the OLE list after installing the OLE extension and not finding it, I almost gave up and posted a question! However, after reading the wiki I saw that the OLE button is with the SMALL buttons at the top of the screen next to the combat tracker and not with all of the other large buttons!

At least I figured it out before I posted the question! :)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 15:06
You know what they say - RTFM :p

Talen
November 2nd, 2016, 16:18
So I'm playing with this extension now and get that I can make clickable hyperlinks within fg which is cool. Is there anyway (assuming no, but ....) to say have the video launch within a embedded bordered window within fg so that it can play while we are still rolling dice within ft? Does that make sense? Right now, the video will launch and take over the monitor once clicked. Not a problem, just exploring...

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 16:22
Yeah that'd be cool, but at this stage the FG-engine won't support it (at least I'm pretty sure it won't) - we might be able to do it in FG-Unity, but that's a way-off yet.

Sorry.

bnickelsen
November 5th, 2016, 14:29
What is an example of how this would be used? For clarity I read the setup and that looks straight forward. But I am not clear on how I woudl implement this in one of my campaigns.

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 14:35
What is an example of how this would be used? For clarity I read the setup and that looks straight forward. But I am not clear on how I woudl implement this in one of my campaigns.

I'm using it for reference. For example, in my MOTD for tomorrow's session I'm giving a very high-level rundown of what changed with v 3.2. I'm also linking to the fg webpage that shows all of the changes in case any of my players want to see it. I also see the ability of linking to great pages for point buys during character creation. I always tell the players where to go as I have some "go to" web pages for point buys. Now, I could just include the link in a note or MOTD and wala!

dulux-oz
November 5th, 2016, 14:42
Basically you can use it wherever you need to reference an external (to FG) document, video, or anything that you could normally access via a URL. Its basically the same type of thing as the DOE; Sound (which is used to access Syrinscape sounds via the Syrinscape Sound-URLs) but without the various "quirks" to make the DOE: Sound work.

Why don't you link to my Tutorial Videos from inside your campaign, or the 5E pdf rules, or even the Fantasy grounds website :)

Does that help?

Ixion77
November 12th, 2016, 15:13
Just created my first blank record inside the OLE tab.
When I click it, won't open, and the console report:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/string_list_link.lua"]:55: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

dulux-oz
November 13th, 2016, 06:46
Just created my first blank record inside the OLE tab.
When I click it, won't open, and the console report:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/string_list_link.lua"]:55: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

What are you linking to Ix? Can you give us a screen shot of the OLE-Record, please.

Ixion77
November 13th, 2016, 10:37
1. open OLE Links
2. in the OLE tab: right click > Create item
3. New OLE Link appear
4. left click on it
5. console open with error message

dulux-oz
November 13th, 2016, 12:00
No no no no, don't do it that way (I'm actually trying to work out how to stop people from doing it that way in the code - that's why there is no green "Create" button when you click on the Edit Button on that first list)

If you would read the manual (and I know you haven't, because just about every question you've asked about the DOEs has been covered in the Manuals / on the Wiki Pages :) ) you would know the way to create an OLE Link is to go to the setup tab, create a new Entry, and then you have all the details in it complete you click on the "Create Link" button and THEN the OLE Link will appear in the OLE Links List - just like you do when creating SoundLinks from the DOE: Sound Extensions (its practically the same code I re-used for both Extensions).

Cool? :)

Ixion77
November 13th, 2016, 12:14
Curses on me, sorry for the wrong usage :P
For some strage reasons I was minding the Link extention working in a different way from the Sound extention.

dulux-oz
November 13th, 2016, 12:27
<grin> It's cool - I'm just glad you like them and find them useful.

If I can ask, what were you intending to link in - others might find the info useful and maybe get inspired to try some things themselves.

Gwydion
November 14th, 2016, 03:22
So far I've been spending most of my time with the sound extension However, I have dabbled with this extension. So far I've just made a couple of links. The first was a link to the updates for fg 3.2! I wanted the players to have access all the detailed changes if they wanted them. The second was to a difficulty encounter web page. I've used the encounter extension, but I thought I also might want to link to a quick page to check encounter difficulty. I also might link to one of my favorite point buy web pages soon.

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 06:49
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

As normal, if you have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2016, 05:53
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post which fixes some bugs. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Bidmaron
November 18th, 2016, 03:32
See Post #10 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21761-Playing-Aids) with a great idea of how we can use this extension to link to a RealmWorks encyclopedia of your world.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2016, 05:09
See Post #10 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21761-Playing-Aids) with a great idea of how we can use this extension to link to a RealmWorks encyclopedia of your world.
Nice idea.

There'd still need to be a lot of code on the FG side (way beyond what the cool DOE: OLE extension does now). But, yes, some form of API call to Ream Works is a start - the return data (and error handling) is my concern. The OLE (and sound) extension external calls are currently one-way only - there is no return of data from the request external to FG, and SmiteWorks would have to be willing to change the FG API to accommodate this (including error handling etc. to prevent a bad call/no response from hanging FG completely). Then all of the LUA scripting would need to be written to import and store the many different types of data RW could provide into the correct place in FG.

So - you'd better start lobbying for FG API changes as well as RW to allow this to even stand a chance of happening. This would really need to be a coordinated effort between the FG and RW devs, so that data formats could be agreed and all the other technical issues that can occur when two pieces of software try to take to each other.

dulux-oz
November 18th, 2016, 05:51
Serious question: can't we do what Realwork does inside FG with existing Extensions (ie DOE: Locations, etc.)?

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2016, 02:38
Nice idea.

There'd still need to be a lot of code on the FG side (way beyond what the cool DOE: OLE extension does now). But, yes, some form of API call to Ream Works is a start - the return data (and error handling) is my concern. The OLE (and sound) extension external calls are currently one-way only - there is no return of data from the request external to FG, and SmiteWorks would have to be willing to change the FG API to accommodate this (including error handling etc. to prevent a bad call/no response from hanging FG completely). Then all of the LUA scripting would need to be written to import and store the many different types of data RW could provide into the correct place in FG.

So - you'd better start lobbying for FG API changes as well as RW to allow this to even stand a chance of happening. This would really need to be a coordinated effort between the FG and RW devs, so that data formats could be agreed and all the other technical issues that can occur when two pieces of software try to take to each other.

Actually, I already figured out a way to get data into FG from outside without any API changes. It is a real kluge, but it works great. You have a background app running in Windows that would look for the production of the xml export file. Once it detects that file, it stores a signal file into the FG2 pictures directory. There is already an API call where you can install a handler when the picture directory gets updated. In that handler, you look for the signal file. If the picture update is the signal file, then you intercept the file, export your own signal material that the background task detects so it can delete the signal file from the picture directory. Then you transfer control to a routine that handles the import of the xml. I have my own extension that implements all of this, as well as the background C# program that does the directory sniffing.

Does that make sense?

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2016, 02:42
Serious question: can't we do what Realwork does inside FG with existing Extensions (ie DOE: Locations, etc.)?

You must never have used RealmWorks, my friend. Think self-producing wiki with auto-detect of entry names. FG2 cannot imbed links to other material within text blocks. Until SW overcomes that limitation, FG2 will never be sophisticated enough to replicate essential functionality within RW.

(I have an idea how to overcome the imbedded links restriction, but it is an even worse kluge than my other entry here.)

If SW would fix it where you could examine the formatted text and do hit detection within text, we could overcome the lack of hyperlinking with a little more grace, but the ability to hyperlink to other FG2 content is what FG needs the most.

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2016, 02:59
If SW would fix it where you could examine the formatted text and do hit detection within text, we could overcome the lack of hyperlinking with a little more grace, but the ability to hyperlink to other FG2 content is what FG needs the most.
This is an interesting thought. have you added it to the wishlist as an enhancement request? It's really not a fix, as you are suggesting new functionality, not something to fix that is broken or bugged.

Let me know if you add it, I'll vote for it.

damned
November 19th, 2016, 03:08
I backed RealmWorks but have never used it. It seems they have little interest in working with other platforms. They want all the content.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2016, 03:18
I backed RealmWorks but have never used it. It seems they have little interest in working with other platforms. They want all the content.

Well Post #20 of this thread in RW Forums contains their reply, which closes with this:
"I recommend posting this idea in the Feature Requests section. Its relative merits can then be discussed there."

I did what he suggested and put it in the feature requests. There has been a little reinforcement there and some substantive discussion, but not a lot.

Bidmaron
November 19th, 2016, 03:35
This is an interesting thought. have you added it to the wishlist as an enhancement request? It's really not a fix, as you are suggesting new functionality, not something to fix that is broken or bugged.

Let me know if you add it, I'll vote for it.

I have had several programming-related requests in for a long time that would support this and other great features:
1. This one (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=59178). Would allow us to recognize hyperlinks
2. Another One (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=59891). Would allow extensions to take actions based on user context.
3. Yet another (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=59890). Would allow extensions to take actions based upon specific elapsed time.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2016, 00:35
Does that make sense?
It does, but any interface to import data into FG needs to be reliable and as idiot proof/different user install proof as possible. Fine for a community "kluge" as you call it, but is that what we really want to be touting as an interface between RW and FG? Considering this could be a big opportunity to bring RW users into the FG fold...

Bidmaron
November 22nd, 2016, 04:11
Well I would be really happy if fantasy grounds had a way to install a handler looking for data file but the only way I know of now is the images directory. There would be no Kluge if you didn't need the third program to detect the RW output and send a signal that fantasy grounds can recognize.

My post over there garnered little attention and RW thinks it wants to be the "hub" anyway, so it is unlikely to happen. It is a shame because realmworks is such a great tool for world and adventure building but there is likewise nothing that comes close to the immersive presentation of fantasy grounds

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 01:16
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Hector Trelane
February 8th, 2017, 10:18
FYI an error report about this extension I've reported here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=320048&viewfull=1#post320048) because it duplicates an error experienced in DOE: Sound extension and reported on that thread.

dulux-oz
February 21st, 2017, 03:26
Hi Guys & Girls,

So its 21-Feb-2017 and I find myself in the position to be able to spend the next week or so on ensuring that the DOEs are working properly for people. In an effort to make my life easier in this, I'm going to ask you all to please post a message here about any outstanding Bugs you may have with this DOE (copies of this post are being made in each of the DOE Threads, so only post here about this DOE, please). However, before you do, please take a brief moment to read through any other Bug Posts made after this Post so that you're not telling me about something I've already been made aware of - sure, if you have further information, add it to the mix, but multiple posts about the same Bug are actually counter-productive - no "Me too" posts, please - thanks.

Also, just to spell things out explicitly, BEFORE you post a Bug could you please ensure that you have the latest Ruleset and Extensions (possible by downloading the Extensions again).

I'm going to use the Post # as the Bug Tracking # from now on, so if you do need to add information about a previously reported Bug, include the original Post/Bug # in your updated information - thanks.

Please note that this is about Bugs, not Desired Features (I'll probably do one of those "requests" requests later on).

If you do post a Bug, please include the following information:

The Ruleset you are using, including version numbers
A full list of any Extensions you have loaded, including versions numbers (where available)
If the Bug only occurs when a Module is loaded, the Module Name and version number (if applicable)
A detailed explanation of the Bug and how to reproduce it

I am already aware of the Bug as expressed in Post 36

So, let's see about making sure everything's working properly - your help and patience in this is appreciated.

Cheers

eskimofu
April 5th, 2017, 14:19
Hi Dulux! Really enjoying the DOE OLE Extension, but I'm having a problem with Minilists. After I create OLE links (via the 'Setup' tab), I don't seem to be able to add more than one to a Minilist. I can drag the first link in, which adds correctly, but attempting to drag in any more pops up a "Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:117: findNode: Invalid parameter 1" error.

I've attached screenshots, and am using DOE Base 2.3.1 and OLE 1.3. The OLE links I've created work correctly, so I don't think they're a problem, and they all link to MP3 files.

Any ideas? :)

dulux-oz
April 5th, 2017, 14:40
Not off the top of my head, but I'll take a look.

BTW, if you're linking to mp3 files is there any reason you're using the DOE: OLE and not the DOE: Sound?

eskimofu
April 5th, 2017, 14:57
How do I go about using DOE: Sound to open an MP3 file? That would be great if possible, but I thought it was only for linking Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds?

dulux-oz
April 5th, 2017, 15:27
I don't know where that misconception has come from, and I suppose the best way to combat it is to explicitly state the facts (although I thought I pretty much did in the doco) but you can use any URL/URI-controllable sound system/files in the DOE: Sound.

I primarily use Syrinscape, but if you put in the URL that you currently have in the DOE: OLE to play your mp3 player into the DOE: SOUND it'll work properly - in fact, using the DOE: OLE for sounds is not what it was designed for - it was designed for non-sound URLs like webpages, pdf files, etc. The DOE: Sound and the DOE: OLE share a lot of the fundamental code, but you're better off using the right tool for the job - DOE: Sound for audio and DOE: OLE for everything else (including video).

Make sense?

Gwydion
April 5th, 2017, 15:40
How do I go about using DOE: Sound to open an MP3 file? That would be great if possible, but I thought it was only for linking Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds?

You can use it to open any sound file. Similar process. Just type or copy and paste in the url from your computer when you setup the sound and when you click on the link (just like you do for syrinscape), it will play the sound directly from your PC. I use syrinscape sounds and sounds I've downloaded to my PC.

Gwydion
April 5th, 2017, 15:43
Hi Dulux! Really enjoying the DOE OLE Extension, but I'm having a problem with Minilists. After I create OLE links (via the 'Setup' tab), I don't seem to be able to add more than one to a Minilist. I can drag the first link in, which adds correctly, but attempting to drag in any more pops up a "Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:117: findNode: Invalid parameter 1" error.

I've attached screenshots, and am using DOE Base 2.3.1 and OLE 1.3. The OLE links I've created work correctly, so I don't think they're a problem, and they all link to MP3 files.

That is interesting. I've never created minilists for the OLE links, but I just tested and get the same error. When I have time, I'm going to load a fresh campaign without extensions other than the DOE and see if it works.

JHale1966
April 5th, 2017, 15:57
Could it be the \'s in the name?

And I also thought you could only use the DOE: Sound for FantasyGrounds.

dulux-oz
April 5th, 2017, 16:03
And I also thought you could only use the DOE: Sound for FantasyGrounds.

No - I originally designed it for use with Syrinscape because that's my primary sound system when I'm GMing, but because its URL/URI-based any URL will work. Originally people were using the DOE: Sound to open up all sorts of things (ie video, pdfs, webpages) and I almost took that functionality out becuase I considered it a bug. However, Trenloe and others convinced me to not take it out, so I created the DOE: OLE to handle all the non-sound URLs and further refined the DOE: Sound to do more with sound-URLs - of which I still primarily use Syrinscape BUT which can use ANY sound system (provided that sound system can be controlled via a URL/URI).

VLC Media Player can be used with the DOE: Sound, for example.

But yes, the DOE: Sound is an FG Extensions, so it'll only work from inside FG - but it can control things (sound systems in this case) outside of FG.

Make sense?

JHale1966
April 5th, 2017, 16:08
No - I originally designed it for use with Syrinscape because that's my primary sound system when I'm GMing, but because its URL/URI-based any URL will work. Originally people were using the DOE: Sound to open up all sorts of things (ie video, pdfs, webpages) and I almost took that functionality out becuase I considered it a bug. However, Trenloe and others convinced me to not take it out, so I created the DOE: OLE to handle all the non-sound URLs and further refined the DOE: Sound to do more with sound-URLs - of which I still primarily use Syrinscape BUT which can use ANY sound system (provided that sound system can be controlled via a URL/URI).

VLC Media Player can be used with the DOE: Sound, for example.

GREAT! I also use Syrinscape primarily but every once in a while I want to use something outside the program. Movie soundtracks and other SFX.

Do you know if it can be linked to AIMP?

dulux-oz
April 5th, 2017, 16:11
GREAT! I also use Syrinscape primarily but every once in a while I want to use something outside the program. Movie soundtracks and other SFX.

Do you know if it can be linked to AIMP?

No idea, I haven't tried - but if AIMP can be controlled via URL strings then it should work fine. Check the AIMP Manual / website, and try it out using your web browser as a test (put the control URL into your web browser's address box and hit enter).

Gwydion
April 5th, 2017, 16:24

I did start a fresh campaign and loaded up only the DOE extensions. I also verified that I have all the current downloads. Still have the same error as well. Like I said, I've never tried to create a mini-board with the DOE OLE extension, only for the DOE sound extension and those board work fine for me.

dulux-oz
April 6th, 2017, 05:15

OK, I've fixed this and it will be in the next release (whenFGv3.3 is released)

Cheers

Gwydion
April 6th, 2017, 13:50
OK, I've fixed this and it will be in the next release (whenFGv3.3 is released)

Cheers

Thanks for the quick fix! Here we come FG v3.3!

eskimofu
April 6th, 2017, 23:28
Amazing, thanks for the fix and the help Dulux!

Keep up the good work with your extensions, they're so useful. :D

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2017, 10:39
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post (v2.0). Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension (v3.0).

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
September 24th, 2017, 06:48
For the record this Extension is compatible with FGv3.3.2

Cheers

dulux-oz
October 11th, 2017, 05:50
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with the new 13th Age Ruleset and Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.

dulux-oz
February 7th, 2018, 06:24
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v2.1.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.4 and also included all the appropriate graphics for all of the supported Rulesets and the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes (except for a single DOE: Organisations graphic for the CnC Ruleset - if someone can help with that it'd be appreciated).

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the new DORCore Ruleset (currently v0.9.1), support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets time to transition their Ruleset from being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

Please see the DORCore Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset) for further details.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

dulux-oz
April 24th, 2018, 08:32
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v2.2.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.5 and also included a fix for Simple Brown & Gray Themes, plus all the DOEs now support the Starfinder Ruleset (although appropriate graphics are still required - please drop me a line if you can help out with this).

Enjoy! :)

dulux-oz
May 26th, 2018, 09:22
Hi Everybody,

I've just updated the Extension to v2.2.1.

This is primarily a compatibility update to fix a couple of minor bugs, etc.

Please note that with the release of the new DOE:REMU Extension the delivery method for all of the DO-REMs (Dulux-Oz Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) has changed. Please see Post #1 of this thread for full details.

Enjoy! :)

Minty23185Fresh
December 12th, 2018, 19:16
Hello dulux-oz.
I believe there is a bug in the DOE: OLE extension.

I have tried to detail the steps so that you can repeat the issue. In the following steps there are numbers that refer to the labels in the provided screenshots:

I downloaded the DOE extensions today so I have the latest versions. I also started with a brand new campaign. There are no modules loaded and there are no other extensions loaded, only the DOE base and OLE extensions. See the left-hand portion of the first screenshot below.
Once Fantasy Grounds was up, with my brand new, blank campaign, I quickly "next-next-next-ed" through the options setup dialog, keeping the default FG options. I then clicked on the OLE link button (#1, in the screenshot above) to bring up the OLE records dialog. I clicked on the "Setup" tab (#2) and then right-clicked in the list portion of the OLE Setup dialog (#3).

In the link setup dialog (see the screenshot below), I entered a name for my link (#4), and pasted the URL for Google in the OLE String field (#5) and then I clicked the Create Link button (#6). As shown in the right-hand portion the link was successfully created so I locked my work (#7).

With my editing done, I closed the Create Link dialog (#8 in the screenshot below) and selected the OLE list tab on the OLE records library (#9).
To test my link I dragged the link icon (#10, above) from the records library to the Chat and Google came up.
However, when I clicked on the textual portion of the link (#11, above) the following error is thrown.

KILLGORE
February 11th, 2019, 19:10
Curious to ask if the extension link has gone bad? It no longer hyperlinks.

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2019, 19:45
Curious to ask if the extension link has gone bad? It no longer hyperlinks.
See post 1, section "Downloading..."

It is currently on a GitHub repository. It will be moving back to an attachment sometime in the future. Not that with Github you MUST click the download link, you can not right mouse Save As.

dulux-oz
July 23rd, 2019, 05:28
Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of the relevant thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers

KILLGORE
July 23rd, 2019, 05:37
Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of this thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers

Awesome! Thanks! I use them all the time!

dulux-oz
November 10th, 2019, 10:22
Hi All,

I've just published new versions of all the DOEs. These versions work with FGv3.3.8 & FGv3.3.9 (when it gets released).

Note: For the moment, these versions of the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU-Beta (for those of you in the FGU-Beta-test Program). For the moment, please feel free to use the (now) old versions of the DOEs. I'll be releaseing FGU-Compatible/Supported/Tested version when FGU is released.

Each new DOE version has been placed on the first Post of each relevant DOE Thread, as per normal.

I'll be updating the each DOE Maunuals (and the FG Wiki), plus the individual Ruleset Extensions Threads, over the next little while.

These DOEs, apart from having general updates, have the following modifications to them:

Added ColourGroups to all DOE Lists - Allows the player to give one of 7 coloured backgrounds (8 if you include "none") to the individual Entries in Lists. Used to visually group Entries together. Look for the Rainbow on all DOE List.
Fixed the Comma in Prices Issue in Buildings (Shops)
Caused Items weighing less than 1 unit to be recorded as 0 weight to stop the FG Engine's recording them as a long decimal in Buildings (Shops).
Fixed the Coin Label case Issue in Buildings (Shops).
Added ChatBox Message on character buy & sell in Buildings (Shops).

Thanks to Tim Cox for help in getting the last 4 of these done.

These DOEs now support:

CoreRPG
13th Age
D&D 2E
D&D 3.5E
D&D 4E
D&D 5E
Call Of Cthulhu 6E
Call Of Cthulhu 7E
Castles & Crusades - Needs a Graphic
Cypher Systems
Fate Core
Numenera
PFRPG
PFRPG2
SavageWorlds (SWADE) - Needs three Graphics
SFRPG - Needs Graphics
SWD
The Strange
The Dungeon, Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood Themes across all supported Rulesets

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:

BoL
Dark Herasy
GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
Maelstrom
MoreCore
WHFRP2

As per normal, if you find any bugs (these Extensions are provided "as is"), have any suggestions, etc, then please let me know by posting here for the relevant DOE and I'll get it fixed and released ASAP.

Enjoy :)

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2019, 08:04
Hi Everyone,

If you would like to report a Bug or make a Feature Request in relation to this DOE please do so in this Thread.

The best way to make a Bug Report and/or Feature Request is to follow these guidelines:

Please give your Post a Heading/Title of either “BUG Report” or “Feature Request” (eg. like the Title of this Post). Your Issue will then be assigned an Issue Number of the Post’s Post Number.
For Bug Reports, please include:

The Version of FG you are using
The Ruleset you are using
A List of all Extensions you have loaded, including any and all Version Numbers
Whether the Bug occurred on the GM's computer, the Player(s) computer, or both
Any Error Message(s) displayed (if any)
And as detailed a description of what you were doing when the Bug occured

For Feature Requests, please include as much detail about the Feature as you can.
Before making such a Bug Report or Feature Request Post, please look through this Thread to see if your Issue or Feature hasn’t already been posted. I'll periodically summarise the Bug Reports and the Feature Requests and their Status in a Post to this Thread.
If you have further information about a Bug or a Feature Request then you can make an addendum Bug Report or Feature Request by following these guidelines. Please add the original Bug Report or Feature Request Issue/Post Number to the end of your Post's Heading.
In an effort to keep the number of Posts in this Thread from being overwhelmed, please do not post “Me Too” Bug Reports or Feature Requests.

If you would like to contact me to obtain help, or for any other reason, please do so by Posting to this Thread (greatly preferred) or, if you require some privacy, to the Fantasy Grounds PM System (not preferred at all).

Note that posting to the Fantasy Grounds Forums will result in the fastest response, not just from me but also from other users of this DOE. I only check my PM Inbox every couple of days.

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 16th, 2019, 13:08
Hi Everyone,

Let me say again what I said in Post #63

For the moment, the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU