PDA

View Full Version : VERY unhappy with 3.2. Pretty much everything is gone.

doseyclwn
November 2nd, 2016, 00:08
UPDATE : The folks here at Fantasy Grounds responded right away, I had the entire problem fixed within 20 minutes. YAY FANTASY GROUNDS!!!!!

Like the title said. In eager anticipation, I pushed "update" when I got home today. Then I went to load my campaign and THIS (https://tinypic.com/r/bheog6/9) happens everytime I press a button like "story" or "NPC" or "encounters".

Also, when I click on Library, it doesn't have my purchases that I paid for. No PHB, DMG, or MM, and no Out of the Abyss. I have been running that campaign for MONTHS and now it's all gone. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get my stuff back?:mad:

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 00:14
It sounds like everything either didn't update properly. If you go into your rulesets folder and see if there are any strange .PART files in there. If there are delete them and update again. Also make sure that your correct username and password are entered into your settings and that your key is correct. Finally if you are on a subscription make sure that the card you use to pay for it hasn't expired since PAyPAl may well have automatically cancelled the subscription.

doseyclwn
November 2nd, 2016, 00:20
Being the impatient weirdo that I am, I erased FG completely from my pc (after backing up all campaign data, characters, etc. . .). I'm reinstalling it as we speak. I checked my paypal and the last payment on Oct. 24 went through fine. I haven't checked the account info in settings, but it's worked for me up 'till now (as recently as 3 days ago). So we'll see how this update goes.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 00:20
It sounds like everything either didn't update properly. If you go into your rulesets folder and see if there are any strange .PART files in there.
Are you sure that partly downloaded FG files are .part? I've only ever seem .tmp. Either way, if you don't see .pak for ruleset files then there's an issue.

@doseyclwn - the image you attached is too small, I can't read the text. Make sure that the version numbers reported in the chat window for CoreRPG and 5E are both v3.2.0. Make sure that when you start FG that v3.2.0 is shown in the top right corner of the main startup screen - it'll show v3.2.0 for a standard/full license, v3.2.0 Ultimate for ultimate and v3.2.0 Free for the demo - what is yours showing?

doseyclwn
November 2nd, 2016, 00:23
Will do.

And thanks for jumping on this so quickly. I spend a large portion of my free time on FG, and I'm really digging the Out of the Abyss campaign. In any case, we'll see how it goes here. I'll post as soon as it's done updating.

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 00:26
Please make sure to remove all extensions prior to loading your campaign or if you experience any problems.

If you ever lose access to purchases due to a subscription service error, these normally come right back after the subscription is either re-instated or a new subscription is provisioned.

doseyclwn
November 2nd, 2016, 00:35
Okay, I now have everything restored and am VERY happy! Everything is back. I can only assume there was an error updating. I love the new stuff!! Again, thanks guys for checking into this so quickly!!!

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 00:40
It looks like it might have been a double installation problem, once I zoomed in on the picture and guessed what it was saying. ;)

We had another user report a similar issue where their application link to FG was pointing to a different folder than the application folder in FG Settings. So, FG was trying to load the new data files, with an old client.

Regards,
JPG

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 00:46
Okay, I now have everything restored and am VERY happy! Everything is back. I can only assume there was an error updating. I love the new stuff!! Again, thanks guys for checking into this so quickly!!!

Sorry for the scare and we are glad that it is all sorted out for you now.