PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an encounter

g0ntzal
November 1st, 2016, 22:20
Hi guys,

How can I do to prepare an encounter with different creatures using the same action card? I know to do that by dragging every new creature on combat tracker.

Thanks in advance,

Gon

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 22:50
You create encounters by clicking on the encounters button down the right hand side. Click on the brown button at the bottom and drag NPCs into the window that opens from your monster list. To place the encounter click the 'Add encounter to Combat Tracker' at the bottom left of the encounter window

g0ntzal
November 1st, 2016, 23:18
Thanks for your reply Zacchaeus... I know how can I create an encounter but I want to add one orc and one wolf (for example) using the same initiative card whenever I transfer the encounter to the combat tracker. Currently I'm preparing this kind of combats directly on combat tracker and I keep using the encounter tool for setting up combats with an unique kind of NPC...

Doswelk
November 2nd, 2016, 13:31
To my knowledge the ruleset does not support this, normally in SW different monsters use different cards, the only way I can think of doing it is to add the orc and wolf to the encounter and then in the combat tracker drag the wolf as a member of the orc group once the fight starts, not ideal but the only option I think right now.

g0ntzal
November 2nd, 2016, 14:04
To my knowledge the ruleset does not support this, normally in SW different monsters use different cards, the only way I can think of doing it is to add the orc and wolf to the encounter and then in the combat tracker drag the wolf as a member of the orc group once the fight starts, not ideal but the only option I think right now.

Thanks for your reply. That's I tried but I'm not able to drag the wolf as a member of the org group... :(

Topdecker
November 2nd, 2016, 17:19
If you go into Tokens --> Ruleset --> cards and drag a token icon onto another card in the tracker, it will take it AND adjust the order.

This allows you to arrange the combat as you like, though I don't know what will happen if you accidently have 2 of the same card, swap out a joker (not sure if the benefits remain), or do anything that messes with the internal trackings that the combat tracker performs. So I would say that using this is probably not recommended

Doswelk
November 3rd, 2016, 10:13
They say a picture is worth a thousands words so I made a video to show what I meant, I have two versions of the procedure to achieve the desired result, hope it helps...

https://youtu.be/yp_eYgd2Frc

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 10:28
They say a picture is worth a thousands words so I made a video to show what I meant, I have two versions of the procedure to achieve the desired result, hope it helps...

https://youtu.be/yp_eYgd2Frc

I just knew this could be done but dragged things from everywhere EXCEPT either method that you used! Drove me nuts :)

g0ntzal
November 3rd, 2016, 12:36
Thanks so much Doswelk. 2nd way is perfect for me. It is very nice when you want to deploy some mercs with different weapons :) easier to track than using the same sheet with several weapons...

Thanks for your kindness spending your time in order to help...