PDA

View Full Version : Manual die roll feature

Niles
November 1st, 2016, 22:16
I LOVE the manual die roll feature! However, I would have liked to have seen the ability for the DM to put in the roll that he wanted the player to have as opposed to the player putting in their own number. I see that the DM is able to manually input his own monster rolls, but it would have been cool for the window to have popped up on the DM's screen when the player makes a manual roll instead of the player's. This is NOT to control every roll by the DM that the players make however. My players battled Lolth recently and had a weapon that would have killed her on a 20. Do you think a 20 popped up in the two hour battle? Not once. I would have ended the epic battle much sooner if I could have manually put a 20 for the player wielding the weapon. That way, it ends much more cinematically, as opposed to "OK, you got her down to 0 h.p., she's dead."

Another advantage to the DM doing this is that if the DM puts the die roll in without the player knowing it, the players think that person really rolled the dice. The player can now roll a 20 when the DM allows it, but the player is in on it. Any way to allow the option for the DM to manually put in the die rolls of the player as the player roll the dice and make it come up what the DM wishes? Again, not to control player's rolls, but to end epic battles sooner and control story lines.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2016, 22:20
Answered here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34721-Huge-smile-on-my-face&p=297505&viewfull=1#post297505