PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.2 is live

Pages : [1] 2

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 17:08
Fantasy Grounds v3.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release includes:

[CoreRPG+] Manual dice roll option added, and can be configured per user.
[CoreRPG+] Redesign of campaign record list interface.
[CoreRPG+] Sidebar campaign record buttons can be turned on/off in Library.
[CoreRPG+] Story templates to generate story records from tables.
[CoreRPG+] Random encounters to generate encounter records from dice expressions.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Auto-equip armor and weapons when added to PC.
...Many other minor features and fixes...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

Cheers,
DAD

Edited by: Moon Wizard

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2016, 17:18
Thanks DAD! (Couldn't resist *g*)

Trenloe
November 1st, 2016, 17:23
Woo hoo!

As an FYI to others: Norton blocked my updater - I had to allow it. If you see "ERROR: GetProducts..." in the updater window check that your security/AV application hasn't blocked the FG UpdaterEngine.exe.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2016, 17:36
Reminder to all: EXTENSIONS!

There is a good chance that a lot of extensions will not be 100% compatible with v3.2.0 - unless they specifically say so. Some may even break functionality/cause errors.

Be aware of this if you encounter issues after updating to v3.2.0 - check all of your extensions for compatibility updates.

If you have issues think about removing some incompatible extensions to identify what is causing the issue, then post in the relevant extension's thread - not in the v3.2.0 thread!

I'll be running slowly through all of my extensions later today and updating to be v3.2.0 compatible. Note that some are no longer needed as the functionality is included in v3.2.0 (GM PC Ownership, for example).

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 18:27
It will be interesting to see how well the server fares during the update. So far, so good and we are staying at close to 2% utilization.

Answulf
November 1st, 2016, 18:56
Big fan of the new layout already - thanks!

Woo hoo!

As an FYI to others: Norton blocked my updater - I had to allow it. If you see "ERROR: GetProducts..." in the updater window check that your security/AV application hasn't blocked the FG UpdaterEngine.exe.

Mine too.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 19:00
I submitted to Symantec's whitelist service this morning, so hopefully this should resolve in the next couple days.

JPG

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 19:12
Moon Wizard (JPG) deserves the majority of the credit here for the ruleset updates, but we had tremendous help from a huge team of community developers since it touched almost every major product and product line.

Special thanks to our community devs and to those who helped provide testing and feedback:
Lokiare, Zeus, Zacchaeus, PhantomWhale, Doswelk, Trenloe, Ikael, Dulux-Oz, Damned, viresanimi, callahan09, darrenan, spite, JohnD, chumbly, Paul Pratt, Blackfoot, Mortar, El Condoro, ianmward, LordEntrails, Willot, Nickademus, Erin Righ, Stx11, adonndel, dberkompas, Talyn, yako2020, Skellan, Mask_of_winter, Maspalio, GunnarGreybeard, rob2e, corepatt, kylania, Valarian, Andraax, MarianDz, Meliath1742, WansumBeats, BOOT KNIFE, chillman0122, Brynnan, drvolk, poobah_1, Oberoten, Dr0W, Phystus, 7H3LaughingMan, deff, gqwebb

I'm sure there are some that I'm missing.

demonsbane
November 1st, 2016, 19:37
Fantasy Grounds v3.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Thanks for the news! Updating right now.

Asgurgolas
November 1st, 2016, 19:46
Dammit, I just finished updating and all of my campaign stopped working.. it loads a few errors and that's it, no buttons, no icons, only chat and dice are there... no characters, no maps, no miniatures, nothing else.. the rightmost bar (various "notes, PCs, etc) is completely empty. Tried loading 4 of my campaigns, only the demo 5e adventure seems to work :/

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 20:00
What ruleset are you using? Are you running any extensions? (If so, can you try without them?)

Thanks,
JPG

Lord Darque
November 1st, 2016, 20:04
Thanks for the continued hard work with Fantasy Grounds. However, like Asgurgolas above me, I seem to be encountering some technical difficulties accessing my WotC 5E purchases as they are not showing up at all. The only things showing up are the freebies. I tried quitting to the launcher and the game, restarting, checking for more updates, and creating a new campaign. I'm on a Mac using Wine to access FG. The launcher does state it is 3.2.

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 20:07
Thanks for the continued hard work with Fantasy Grounds. However, like Asgurgolas above me, I seem to be encountering some technical difficulties accessing my WotC 5E purchases as they are not showing up at all. The only things showing up are the freebies. I tried quitting to the launcher and the game, restarting, checking for more updates, and creating a new campaign. I'm on a Mac using Wine to access FG. The launcher does state it is 3.2.

Double check the following items:
1. Launch FG and click Settings. re-enter your username and confirm your password. Also check that your license key is entered and still active if you have a subscription. Re-run an update.
2. Inside your campaign, go into Modules and then Library and see if they show up there for activation

If they don't please send a screenshot of the following to [email protected] and we can help.
1. FG Launch screen
2. FG Settings screen
3. Library > Modules screen

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2016, 20:30
For reference, update took me about 3 minutes. Included official 5E materials; PHB, MM, DMG, PotA, LMoP, and a few AL and other modules.

Tested several campaigns and everything is working fine for me.

Good job guys. Looking forward to playing with the sorting functions.

Asgurgolas
November 1st, 2016, 20:31
I mostly play 3.5e. If I start a "new" campaign then it seems to work but it also seems to be incompatible with my previous data (I'd have to manually rescript everything from scratch). When I go and load, I see it pretty much empty

I'd add a screenshot but this forum forbids me to

Danimal66
November 1st, 2016, 20:34
What does auto equip armor mean? Right now don't you manually need to go enter numbers to get an accurate AC in 5E?

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2016, 20:35
I mostly play 3.5e. If I start a "new" campaign then it seems to work but it also seems to be incompatible with my previous data (I'd have to manually rescript everything from scratch). When I go and load, I see it pretty much empty

I'd add a screenshot but this forum forbids me to
Have you disabled all your extensions? Most of these will not yet be compatible with this version. Do that first and then try restarting and loading your campaign and let us know how that goes.?

Asgurgolas
November 1st, 2016, 20:37
yes, I did disable'em all, but I still have that issue :/

Best case scenario so far, I can see the usual topmost icons (from combat tracker to effects) "Characters", "Tokens", "Library". That's all, no other icons at all

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2016, 20:38
What does auto equip armor mean? Right now don't you manually need to go enter numbers to get an accurate AC in 5E?
No longer:) I'm not sure if it accounts for various traits that effect AC, but now your armor automatically effects your AC.

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 20:45
What does the ID icon (red or green circle) do for images? The player sees the identified image name regardless of the state of the button.

Nevermind, ignore me. It uses the ID'd name if you actually utilize it AFTER ID'ing it.

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 20:45
yes, I did disable'em all, but I still have that issue :/

Best case scenario so far, I can see the usual topmost icons (from combat tracker to effects) "Characters", "Tokens", "Library". That's all, no other icons at all

Can you click on Library and then choose which buttons you want to see by checking the circle next to each? There should also be "sets" of buttons you can enable by clicking on the GM, Play, Create PC or All buttons.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 20:54
Once an extension interferes with the loading of the sidebar button configuration and gives an empty sidebar, then the sidebar configuration will be remembered as empty. If you go to the Library like Doug mentioned and click the GM button, all the buttons will return.

Regards,
JPG

Honken
November 1st, 2016, 20:55
I don't know if this is anything, but i updated to 3.2, and everything works fine, except the updated button is still red. I hit it again, though there might be some fast fix... It downloaded the FG exe again, and then said it could not save it. And just moved on... Everything else seem fine.

/H

Danimal66
November 1st, 2016, 20:59
No longer:) I'm not sure if it accounts for various traits that effect AC, but now your armor automatically effects your AC.

I realize this is not the point of this thread and I'm not at home to try this but how does this work? It says equipping armor, maybe I've been doing something wrong for over a year but my players armor is in the inventory tab. I just go into their sheet and change the values. How does one equip armor? For that matter what the hell is equipping weapons?

I feel so stupid right now like we have been doing something wrong for over a year.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 21:03
I realize this is not the point of this thread and I'm not at home to try this but how does this work? It says equipping armor, maybe I've been doing something wrong for over a year but my players armor is in the inventory tab. I just go into their sheet and change the values. How does one equip armor? For that matter what the hell is equipping weapons?

I feel so stupid right now like we have been doing something wrong for over a year.

It is new in V 3.2 you can now designate armour and weapons as being equipped or unequipped.

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:04
I like how images now have a player-friendly name so a GM can use hidden info in the image filename. But tokens still display the image filename to the players if they look in their token box. So if I have an image and token of an enemy named 'Zhentarim Spy.png' and give the un-ID'd name of 'Friendly Wizard', the players can open their token box and see the wizard's token is called 'Zhentarim Spy.png'. This subverts what you are trying to do here with images.

Doswelk
November 1st, 2016, 21:05
I am currently playing Pathfinder game and the mini sheet seems to have lost all our weapons?!

We have to open the full sheet, change from combat mode to Standard mode and then they are displayed...

Sorry just noticed we have to go to the inventory tab and equip them.

Danimal66
November 1st, 2016, 21:08
It is new in V 3.2 you can now designate armour and weapons as being equipped or unequipped.

How does one account for Versatile weapons now? Right now we have multiple entries in the actions tab for attacking with one or 2 hands. If the only items showing up are equipped weapons how would one handle this?

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:15
I don't think the designation does anything. It's just an icon that cycles through Carried, Equipped, and Not Carried.

turelus
November 1st, 2016, 21:16
Awesome! Some nice updates here.

I'm so happy for the fake image names, as someone with bad internet image preloading is a must. Now to think of witty names for things...

Litvyak
November 1st, 2016, 21:20
Since the update I now get the following error when attempting to use the side buttons on any Core RPG-based ruleset (older rulesets, like Call of Cthulhu, still work fine):

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library.lua"]:53: attempt to call field 'toggleWindow' (a nil value)

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:20
Okay, so how easy is it to add a button to the sidebar now? It used to be just sending a request with a button object to a manager object. Do I now need to edit ruleset code to get a button in the sidebar?

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 21:32
Awesome! ThanX everyone for all the hard work on the new digs. Will there be an update to the Fantasy Grounds (144 page) Manual for 3.2?

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:35
The filter fields on the windows are nice, but it would be nice to have a reset button to clear the windows with a lot of different filters.

I also like the story templates. Any chance to make the template save (and reproduce) the size of the new story window?

ddavison
November 1st, 2016, 21:36
Awesome! ThanX everyone for all the hard work on the new digs. Will there be an update to the Fantasy Grounds (144 page) Manual for 3.2?

As is normally the case, documentation was overlooked during development and I just started working on it today. I think I'm going to have to take it in breaks so I don't pull all my hair out.

Gwydion
November 1st, 2016, 21:36
How does one account for Versatile weapons now? Right now we have multiple entries in the actions tab for attacking with one or 2 hands. If the only items showing up are equipped weapons how would one handle this?

I would create two weapons on your action tab (make sure one has the damage for two hands and one for one hand). Ensure you "equip" "both" weapons in the action tab in preparation mode. (If you don't, when you switch to combat mode the weapon you did not equip will disappear for combat view). Then when you switch to combat mode you will be able to choose either one. Don't create in the inventory tab as if you drag two of the same weapon into the inventory tab it will only populate one on the action tab I believe. Hope this make sense!

Trenloe
November 1st, 2016, 21:40
Sorry just noticed we have to go to the inventory tab and equip them.
You can also equip weapons in the actions tab when in preparation mode.

markdowney
November 1st, 2016, 21:44
I can't scroll in the group selection in any of the panes...story, maps, etc. Is anyone else noticing this?

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 21:44
Danimal66
The main change is that the toggle (for whether an object is carried or not) has been updated to have 3 states (equipped, carried, not carried). For the 3.5E and 5E rulesets, I also added the automatic adjustment to armor calculations when armor is equipped/unequipped. Also for those rulesets, the equipped state will determine whether a weapon is shown in Combat mode on the Actions tab. Other than those specific implementations, it's just informational. Though, since it's part of the CoreRPG layer, any ruleset can use for additional functionality.

Litvyak
The referenced function that is generating an error is part of the standard API for the FG client. Can you try running your updater again to make sure that FantasyGrounds.exe is getting updated?

Nickademus
Adding a sidebar button does require Lua script, but now it just involves calling a function and providing a single table with some config details to set up a new button. A lot of the SW extension addons use that capability (Lodges in Rippers, Cyberware in Interface Zero, etc.)

Are you saying that you are looking for the story template generated story entry windows to have the same dimensions (width and height) as the story template window that is generating them, instead of the default dimensions? Interesting idea. Would have to investigate to see what it would take. Going to wait to get more feedback before we do much more.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:46
Why do some images now not display at their proper size, even after Resize - Original Size? Is there now a minimum width or height that causes FG to ignore the proper image size?

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 21:47
Pushed hot fix to address sidebar buttons disappearing completely after attempting to load with DOE extension and getting errrors. Now, if you remove all the buttons, the default will be used on next launch.

JPG

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 21:48
Danimal66Are you saying that you are looking for the story template generated story entry windows to have the same dimensions (width and height) as the story template window that is generating them, instead of the default dimensions?

Exactly. So if I resize the template to fit a spot on the desktop where I put stories of that type, then all the generated stories from the template would already be sized.

So apparently the new UI options force an image to be wider than it should be if the original image isn't wide enough. This means that some image now cannot be shown without blurriness.

xeromex
November 1st, 2016, 21:56
Hmmm seems my players can see the items from the Dungeon Masters Guide and monsters from Monster Manual sheets stats and all. I have it set to disallowed mods for them as well and can see no way to edit it.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 22:03
zeromex,

* Were the DMG and MM ever shared?
* Did the players open the modules on their end?
* Do those records that they can see have a circled P or circled S next to their module icon in the campaign list?

If circled P or circled S, you can click on the P/S to remove access. Otherwise, I might need copy of campaign folder to see what is happening.

Thanks,
JPG

Litvyak
November 1st, 2016, 22:03
Litvyak
The referenced function that is generating an error is part of the standard API for the FG client. Can you try running your updater again to make sure that FantasyGrounds.exe is getting updated?

Updating fixes it temporarily, but the problem happens again the next time I start Fantasy Grounds.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 22:06
It sounds like perhaps your link to Fantasy Grounds is pointing to a different location than the place that FG is updating. So, your link is running an older version, while the updater restarts the version located at the directory specified in the FG App Directory field in your settings.

Check to make sure that the FG App Directory in FG Settings, and the path for the shortcut/link you use to start Fantasy Grounds are pointing to the same directory.

Regards,
JPG

Litvyak
November 1st, 2016, 22:13
It sounds like perhaps your link to Fantasy Grounds is pointing to a different location than the place that FG is updating. So, your link is running an older version, while the updater restarts the version located at the directory specified in the FG App Directory field in your settings.

Check to make sure that the FG App Directory in FG Settings, and the path for the shortcut/link you use to start Fantasy Grounds are pointing to the same directory.

Regards,
JPG

What do you know... I somehow had FG installed twice. That fixed the problem! Thanks!

xeromex
November 1st, 2016, 22:23
-They have not been shared at any point in this campaign.
-When I asked them they did not have them opened on their end at all along with the fields still being not sharable on mine.
-I did go through the list and only one was shared and none were public.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 22:29
xeromex,

* Did they see the module in the Library, or records in a particular campaign listing?
* Which records were shared?

You can ZIP up and send a copy of campaign to [email protected] for me to take a look at.

Thanks,
JPG

Morgentaler
November 1st, 2016, 23:00
When I open the items tab as a GM..the whole thing lags...making it nearly unusable.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 23:01
Morgentaler,

What ruleset are you running? Which modules do you have loaded?

JPG

Meta4
November 1st, 2016, 23:07
Edit: Nevermind, fixed it.

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 23:08
Had to post this elsewhere due to the permission of this thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32034-Test-Release-v3-2-0&p=297524&viewfull=1#post297524

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 23:11
Was it ever planned for hotkeys to be dynamically updated, or should I put that on the wish list?

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 23:14
Was it ever planned for hotkeys to be dynamically updated, or should I put that on the wish list?

Wish list I fear. I take it that you mean for example you have a hot key pointing to a section of the PHB and becasue the PHB has been revised that link no longer works? If so I doubt that it would even be possible to change that dynamically give that there's not correlation between where the section pointed to was and where it is now.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 23:20
No, I think rob2e is talking about PC/NPC rolls getting updated as the originating sheet gets updated. It requires a completely new set of drag/drop mechanisms to be passed with every initiated drag, in order to capture those instead of the roll when dropping on the hot key bar.

Definitely a wish list item.

Thanks,
JPG

Nickademus
November 1st, 2016, 23:22
He means things from a character sheet changing as the values in the sheet change. Such as a weapon attack roll changing in the hotbar as the characters BAB/Prof bonus increases on the character sheet.

Gwydion
November 1st, 2016, 23:23
I love the ability to right click on a character portrait and initiate a whisper! Awesome!

Morgentaler
November 1st, 2016, 23:31
Morgentaler,

What ruleset are you running? Which modules do you have loaded?

JPG

Running 5e. And have the PHB, MM, DM guide. Currently open

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 23:49
Hmm, it's pretty fast on my machine. Do you get about 25 pages of items when you open the item list? (Mine says Page 1 of 25 when I first open item list.)

Which OS are you running, and what kind of computer (or how old)?

Thanks,
JPG

Zhern
November 1st, 2016, 23:49
Love the new layout! The categories section in the library is very convenient and I really like how it can be filtered by book. I'm really happy with the changes - well done, Smiteworks!

(No lag after opening up all my 5e stuff, all categories, map, character sheet, etc.)

bobbylain
November 1st, 2016, 23:59
Ruleset 3.5

Cant create custom feats, classes, skills(no radial menu and no lock). Under the spells section I can create a new spell but cant edit it.(no lock). I can create a custom spell under a character but I cant drag it to a new spell group in the spells tab. I know in previous versions I was able to do all this custom stuff to varying degrees to make custom modules. not sure if its a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 00:07
Ruleset 3.5

Cant create custom feats, classes, skills(no radial menu and no lock). Under the spells section I can create a new spell but cant edit it.(no lock). I can create a custom spell under a character but I cant drag it to a new spell group in the spells tab. I know in previous versions I was able to do all this custom stuff to varying degrees to make custom modules. not sure if its a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong.
These are all supposed to be read-only views of module data - previously you would have accessed this through the library, now you can control if the buttons are visible on the desktop for direct access. I'm guessing the add spell option is an error as these aren't lists you can add to.

bobbylain
November 2nd, 2016, 00:17
got it thanks I was just doing it wrong. my bad. but yeah on the spell tab you can create a spell but cant edit it. that probably is an actual error

Morgentaler
November 2nd, 2016, 00:50
Hmm, it's pretty fast on my machine. Do you get about 25 pages of items when you open the item list? (Mine says Page 1 of 25 when I first open item list.)

Which OS are you running, and what kind of computer (or how old)?

Thanks,
JPG

Pages are fine it's when i go to select group..that it's slugs down.
Have Windows 10 with an i5..so performance isn't an issue.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 00:53
So, is it when you click the drop down to view all the groups, or after you select one?

Thanks,
JPG

Morgentaler
November 2nd, 2016, 00:56
So, is it when you click the drop down to view all the groups, or after you select one?

Thanks,
JPG

Just when i click it..unable to select anything really as I mentioned it's slow.
When going from other groups other than the DM one it's better. Just the DM section makes the client hang.

markdowney
November 2nd, 2016, 01:00
I can't scroll in the group selection in any of the panes...story, maps, etc. Is anyone else noticing this?

Anyone else having this problem?

arcadianphoenix
November 2nd, 2016, 01:04
working with pfrpg and none of the custom classes I've gotten through community content are showing up. They all say "<< New Class >>" and bring up an empty page. Is there a way I can fix this?

Moon Wizard
markdowney,

How are you trying to scroll? Mouse wheel, scroll bar or something else?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
Hot fix pushed for Savage Worlds player notes.

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 01:08
arcadianphoenix,

The community modules will need to be updated to place the classes in the correct data path (reference.classes), before they will be visible in the classes list. Please ask the community module developer to update, and you can point them to this document.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Structure_Overview_and_Best_Practices

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 01:09
Morgentaler,

Can you ZIP up your campaign folder, and send it to me at [email protected]?

Thanks,
JPG

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 03:40
FYI: All the DOE updates have been uploaded.

darrenan
November 2nd, 2016, 03:45
In a campaign in which I have a couple modules loaded, I'm not seeing all of the category/group options listed in the Groups drop-down. In the Story window for example, I'm assuming that all of the values in the right column should also appear as drop-down options in the group control?

EDIT: Discussion moved HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34736-Categories-not-being-shown-in-Groups-control&p=297685#post297685)

rob2e
November 2nd, 2016, 06:35
No, I think rob2e is talking about PC/NPC rolls getting updated as the originating sheet gets updated. It requires a completely new set of drag/drop mechanisms to be passed with every initiated drag, in order to capture those instead of the roll when dropping on the hot key bar.

Definitely a wish list item.

Thanks,
JPG

I did mean this yes.

rob2e
November 2nd, 2016, 06:41
Wondering about the group window not being resizable. Specific problem: the old way you could make 1000 story entries, decide where you wanted them, create 20 tabs and then drag the story entries into whatever tab you wanted (assuming you weren't smart enough to plan in advance - ha).

Now when you want to move something into another group, the group window only shows 5 entries and so you have to do some version of scroll while moving an item, or open the item, find the group and drag it in.

So this is MORE work than it used to be using the old way. Am I missing something?

Can the group window be made to be resizable?

damned
November 2nd, 2016, 09:31
Wondering about the group window not being resizable. Specific problem: the old way you could make 1000 story entries, decide where you wanted them, create 20 tabs and then drag the story entries into whatever tab you wanted (assuming you weren't smart enough to plan in advance - ha).

Now when you want to move something into another group, the group window only shows 5 entries and so you have to do some version of scroll while moving an item, or open the item, find the group and drag it in.

So this is MORE work than it used to be using the old way. Am I missing something?

Can the group window be made to be resizable?

It can - you can change the windowclass to include minimum and not maxium dimensions and add a resizable tag. In the meantime - rename your groups so they appear next to each other and when you finish cleaning up your mess rename them back.

poobah_1
November 2nd, 2016, 10:14
These are all supposed to be read-only views of module data - previously you would have accessed this through the library, now you can control if the buttons are visible on the desktop for direct access. I'm guessing the add spell option is an error as these aren't lists you can add to.

So the modules section allows you to customize the tabs. There is a tab for Spells. So I add that tab and go in.

I see the groups (PHB/DMG/Book of Lost Spells etc)...then

I created a group (Called it Converted Greyhawk) and then added a spell and a dialog box come up. I was able to "add" two spells (enervation and limited wish :) )

I am assuming that players will not be able to use these spells. I did not think we could add to spell lists...but it seems I just did...will that break something...?

PooBah

rob2e
November 2nd, 2016, 10:55
It can - you can change the windowclass to include minimum and not maxium dimensions and add a resizable tag. In the meantime - rename your groups so they appear next to each other and when you finish cleaning up your mess rename them back.

I don't know coding. Exactly how is this done?

Nate Grey
November 2nd, 2016, 11:32
Are there issues with players and GM not running the same version?

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 11:47
Are there issues with players and GM not running the same version?

Yes, there is. Players won't be able to join a DM running 3.2 if they haven't updated.

damned
November 2nd, 2016, 12:49
I don't know coding. Exactly how is this done?

You would have to poke around in there and have a look. Ive unpacked and made some test changes and it isnt too hard.

benjihad
November 2nd, 2016, 14:09

Maybe a bug, maybe not: I am able to click-drag races and classes back to the originating window and make an editable version of each (example in screenshot). Didn't try with any of the other new window types. The only thing not editable is the title.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18969129/FG.PNG

JohnD
November 2nd, 2016, 15:38
Seems pretty cool to me.

Maspalio
November 2nd, 2016, 16:41
[stupid question deleted by OP]

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 16:55
[stupid question deleted by OP]

Turn on Dice: Manual Entry in your Campaign Options

Initiate an action that would normally automatically roll dice. For instance, drag an attack from an NPC to a player or vice versa. A new window should pop up with a box for each dice and a default value of 0 for each. Put in the value that the player or GM actually rolled into the proper "bucket" and hit enter to move through the fields and then commit or click on the checkmark to roll all.

If you want Fantasy Grounds to roll it as normal, just click on the dice icon on the pop-up window and it will roll as usual.

ddavison
November 2nd, 2016, 17:39
The User Manual has been updated with some more info for 3.2. We will probably continue to add a few more sections to this, but it should help introduce you to several of the new features.

markdowney
November 2nd, 2016, 17:55
markdowney,

How are you trying to scroll? Mouse wheel, scroll bar or something else?

Thanks,
JPG

There is no scroll bar present in the group list for me, so I am attempting to scroll with the mouse. I am using a Mac using Wineskin.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 18:12
rob2e,
The limited view of tabs is not that different than the previous version, since you could only see about 5-6 tabs before having to expand the window to see more. In fact, the additional tabs weren't even accessible at all without expanding in the previous version.

You can drag the link to change the group that a record is assigned to from either the list or the individual record, and drop on the group you want it to belong in. It works very similar to a folder paradigm, and that's where we want to go long term. This is just the first step down that transition.

The group window was deliberately limited in size, so that you could still have room to display the records list as well. If we make more room for the groups, then there is less room for the records. Since people will be navigating records much more than groups, it was a tradeoff. I will look at whether we can make it a little more dynamic with the height of the list window. It's not something built into the FG client, so it will require some extra coding.

poobah_1,
You can share these spells with the players by dragging the link onto the chat window to make them public. This is just the first step in making spells a more full-fledged record type that can be managed and shared by GMs, and eventually placed into modules.

benjihad,
It's a bug, but it shouldn't hurt anything. While you can edit the text of the classes and races, it does not change the mechanical aspects of those races and classes, so you wouldn't be able to create custom races or classes like this. Custom races and classes will still require a new custom module, made from Par5E or by directly editing XML. This is why the list is set up to not allow creation of new records.

markdowney,
I'm seeing scroll bars on my version (at least if there are enough groups to warrant scroll bars). See attached picture. Can you show me what you are seeing?

Thanks,
JPG

SpiritofFire
November 2nd, 2016, 18:42
OMG Campaign stuff is now searchable! This is great!

Also, awesome addition of random encounters. Although it's too bad the published adventure encounters weren't updated to use this feature. I hope any future adventure modules have the random encounters already set-up.

JohnD
November 2nd, 2016, 18:50
I will say I really like the update process not taking ~ 8 minutes now. I just updated my main computer an hour or so ago and just saw what might have been a hotfix to the 5e DMG/MM/PHB and it powered through in under a minute.

markdowney
November 2nd, 2016, 19:30
rob2e,
The limited view of tabs is not that different than the previous version, since you could only see about 5-6 tabs before having to expand the window to see more. In fact, the additional tabs weren't even accessible at all without expanding in the previous version.

You can drag the link to change the group that a record is assigned to from either the list or the individual record, and drop on the group you want it to belong in. It works very similar to a folder paradigm, and that's where we want to go long term. This is just the first step down that transition.

The group window was deliberately limited in size, so that you could still have room to display the records list as well. If we make more room for the groups, then there is less room for the records. Since people will be navigating records much more than groups, it was a tradeoff. I will look at whether we can make it a little more dynamic with the height of the list window. It's not something built into the FG client, so it will require some extra coding.

poobah_1,
You can share these spells with the players by dragging the link onto the chat window to make them public. This is just the first step in making spells a more full-fledged record type that can be managed and shared by GMs, and eventually placed into modules.

benjihad,
It's a bug, but it shouldn't hurt anything. While you can edit the text of the classes and races, it does not change the mechanical aspects of those races and classes, so you wouldn't be able to create custom races or classes like this. Custom races and classes will still require a new custom module, made from Par5E or by directly editing XML. This is why the list is set up to not allow creation of new records.

markdowney,
I'm seeing scroll bars on my version (at least if there are enough groups to warrant scroll bars). See attached picture. Can you show me what you are seeing?

Thanks,
JPG

Here is my items page, note that I have every extension turned off.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9tiajv4iisrouu/Screenshot%202016-11-02%2014.27.49.png?raw=1

This may be something that is screwed up in this campaign, but I have no idea what. When I open the 5E sample campaign I do not have this problem.

Danimal66
November 2nd, 2016, 20:34
I hope someone considers doing a quick video going over the new features.

Morgentaler
November 2nd, 2016, 21:18
Alright so this is like relearning a brand new tool. How do I assign story entries to a specific group? anyone?

Honken
November 2nd, 2016, 21:48
It was fairly easy. Drag and drop to the "group" you want to put it into.

/H

Morgentaler
November 2nd, 2016, 21:53
It was fairly easy. Drag and drop to the "group" you want to put it into.

/H

Ty..would of never figured that out

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 21:55
Just pushed hot fix for child categories not appearing always in modules with any changed records.

markdowney,
I think the issue is actually a client issue addressed in the hot fix I just pushed. Can you try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Targas
November 2nd, 2016, 21:56
UPDATE: After Moon Wizards update, groups will now be available for selection. Problem solved - but I still liked the previous selection better. With the colored icons in different colors and symbol styles I had a very fast way to distinguish modules. Now it's not so fast to click...

I cannot post pictures (as some can) to this thread, however with V3.2.0 I can just group by 'some' groups, not all. That is, I found only the groups (all) and (none) to be selectable, even if purchased and own created modules were opened in the library.
This lead to group all containing a dozen paged of entries, which are not sortable. Selecting individual tabs was much easier in the past, IMHO.

Talyn
November 2nd, 2016, 22:12
JPG your last push a bit ago killed FG on my end. Permissions look normal but I can't run the client at all now.
Attachments are disabled in this thread so, I'm getting a Windows System Error dialog which says:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 22:30
UPDATE: After Moon Wizards update, groups will now be available for selection. Problem solved - but I still liked the previous selection better. With the colored icons in different colors and symbol styles I had a very fast way to distinguish modules. Now it's not so fast to click...

I cannot post pictures (as some can) to this thread, however with V3.2.0 I can just group by 'some' groups, not all. That is, I found only the groups (all) and (none) to be selectable, even if purchased and own created modules were opened in the library.
This lead to group all containing a dozen paged of entries, which are not sortable. Selecting individual tabs was much easier in the past, IMHO.

Are you saying that when you click the down arrow to open the Groups that it shows all the Groups as in the Graphic and that you can only select All or None but wouldn't be able to select the MM or PHB?

Targas
November 2nd, 2016, 22:37
No, it displayed just the 2 groups(all and none) before Moon's update.
Alle entries were listed as records nevertheless, but couldn't be grouped.

Now I can group all groups. A 'Filter' to select 'combined' groups would be nice. However entries in one group are now spread along several pages. Instead of just scrolling I additionally click back and forth.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 22:46
Can I just clarify what you are saying again please becasue I'm still not very clear.

In the graphic above there are 4 Groups, all, none, PHB and MM. If I click on the PHB then only those entries relating to the PHB then show up. You are saying that the PHB doesn't show in the groups, only all or none? Or are you saying that the PHB does show up in the Groups but clicking it doesn't filter the material only from that group?

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 22:55
Talyn,
Check your Windows Defender or security software to make sure it didn't get quarantined. For some reason, security software does not like auto-updating software.

Targas,
It sounds like you can now access all the groups again. We haven't explored whether to have a multiple group filter, though it's an interesting idea.

The paging is a necessary requirement of the ability to have thousands of records; we tried putting them all in the list at the same time and performance was very poor. Now, it shows 100 per page. Try using the search filter as well to narrow your targets before paging.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
November 2nd, 2016, 23:53
Why did FG.exe just update again? Hotfix for something?

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2016, 00:10
Where did the map scaling radial option go? I used that all the time to quickly make images fit in the window. :(

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 00:14
HoloGnome,
There was a hot fix pushed a couple hours ago, as noted above in this thread.

Blackfoot,
This option should be available in any CoreRPG derived ruleset, unless an extension is overriding it. I just checked on my install.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2016, 00:21
I assume everyone is getting this error in old campaigns every time they open an image? How do we get around it?

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:29: attempt to index global 'header' (a nil value)

I suspect this might be related to my other problem.

I'm running 3.2 using the PFRPG ruleset

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 00:26
Hi Moon Wizard - if I wanted to change graphics files for sidebar icons to be wide/long rather than roughly square where do i change this spacing allocation?
At the moment if I replace gfx with wide ones the same square space is still allocated to them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16011&d=1478129145

Darkreaper
November 3rd, 2016, 00:53
Not happy at all with this nonsense. My campaigns load with error messages, the icons and windows are missing, no dice and the list goes on. This needs to be fixed immediately. Updates are only good when they work. I am not the only person having these issues. Why are we rolling out stuff that doesn't work?

Nylanfs
November 3rd, 2016, 00:55
Because enough people aren't volunteering for beta testing? :)

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 00:55
Not happy at all with this nonsense. My campaigns load with error messages, the icons and windows are missing, no dice and the list goes on. This needs to be fixed immediately. Updates are only good when they work. I am not the only person having these issues. Why are we rolling out stuff that doesn't work?
A little info would allow us to help you. What ruleset are you running? Have you checked any extensions you have enabled for compatibility updates - the majority of extensions will need to be updated with any FG release, not just this one.

ddavison
November 3rd, 2016, 00:56

Hello Darkreaper, I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems. The most likely culprit is a conflict with a community created extension. Can you disable all community extensions for the ruleset and try it again and then if you are still having problems, please provide a description of which ruleset you are using and if possible, a screenshot so we can see what is occurring.

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 01:11

Use the Library sidebar icon and then GM or manually select tools from that view.
As for no dice - it is mentioned many, many times that extensions often have to be updated to work with new updates.
Most extensions are developed by other community members and tehy will get updated when they get updated.
Try disabling your extensions and do the above step.

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2016, 01:18
I assume everyone is getting this error in old campaigns every time they open an image? How do we get around it?

I suspect this might be related to my other problem.

I'm running 3.2 using the PFRPG rulesetThis problem is related to the Image Label Extension. Disabling it removed the issue AND fixed the image scaling radial problem.

GMTroll
November 3rd, 2016, 02:17
Everyone in our PFRPG campaign is loving the update. Well done to the SmiteWorks team and everyone else who helped make this possible.

We've just finished playing and the only slight problem that we noticed was when rolling Trained Only skills the output to chat always shows that the PC is untrained, even if they have ranks in the skill. This happens when rolled from the PC character sheets or the Party Sheet.

mythikwolf
November 3rd, 2016, 04:06
So, just updated to 3.2 and I was playing around with some of the changes... I noted that AC was not updating at all. This is a 5E game. I am curious if I am missing anything? Also the equipped gear option is not on the character sheets for 5E so I assume that isn't actually a thing now or is there something missing from my update?

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 04:12
You need to make sure your armour is equipped. It also might not make any difference on an existing character with the same existing armour.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 04:13
The equipped gear option is an icon that replaces the simple carried checkbox. It will show an large empty brown circle if not carried, a circled bag if carried or a circled shirt if equipped.

If you are not seeing this, then make sure that you do not have any rulesets unpacked in your FG data folder under the "rulesets" directory (especially CoreRPG and 5E).

Regards,
JPG

mythikwolf
November 3rd, 2016, 04:21
The equipped gear option is an icon that replaces the simple carried checkbox. It will show an large empty brown circle if not carried, a circled bag if carried or a circled shirt if equipped.

If you are not seeing this, then make sure that you do not have any rulesets unpacked in your FG data folder under the "rulesets" directory (especially CoreRPG and 5E).

Regards,
JPG

Then does it not work with 5E unpacked or does it just require a reinstall of them afterwards?

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 05:24
Unpacked rulesets get used before packed ones. When you run an update it only updates packed rulesets.
If you have an unpacked 3.1.7 ruleset you wont get 3.2.0 stuff.

mythikwolf
November 3rd, 2016, 05:25
Resolved! Thanks Moon!

Targas
November 3rd, 2016, 06:53
Can I just clarify what you are saying again please becasue I'm still not very clear.

In the graphic above there are 4 Groups, all, none, PHB and MM. If I click on the PHB then only those entries relating to the PHB then show up. You are saying that the PHB doesn't show in the groups, only all or none? Or are you saying that the PHB does show up in the Groups but clicking it doesn't filter the material only from that group?

Previously: The first one, nothing else showed up for Group selection besides (all) and (none). Now, after the latest hotfix it's working, so all groups for modules Show up and one of them can be chosen.

Targas
November 3rd, 2016, 06:56
Targas,[/B]
It sounds like you can now access all the groups again. We haven't explored whether to have a multiple group filter, though it's an interesting idea.

The paging is a necessary requirement of the ability to have thousands of records; we tried putting them all in the list at the same time and performance was very poor. Now, it shows 100 per page. Try using the search filter as well to narrow your targets before paging.

Regards,
JPG
Thank you for the explanation. I can understand the limitation. What would help would be as well a 'sort header' functionality between record entries and group section names on the right hand side one can choose from, too.

amcog
November 3rd, 2016, 11:34
Hey guys, I've been having issues with the Items list for 5th Edition, namely that it would load very slowly, and crash completely if I used the drop down menu. However, I've discovered that it has something to do with the 5th Edition Theme that comes with the Player's Handbook. Is there a reasoning behind this? It works fine with the default FG theme.

Edit: I love the update, by the way. I haven't had issues with it outside of the Items tab.

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 11:44
Hey guys, I've been having issues with the Items list for 5th Edition, namely that it would load very slowly, and crash completely if I used the drop down menu. However, I've discovered that it has something to do with the 5th Edition Theme that comes with the Player's Handbook. Is there a reasoning behind this? It works fine with the default FG theme.

Edit: I love the update, by the way. I haven't had issues with it outside of the Items tab.

Can you try making the window taller and see if the issue resolves?

Nylanfs
November 3rd, 2016, 12:31
Also welcome to the forums!

markdowney
November 3rd, 2016, 13:40
Just pushed hot fix for child categories not appearing always in modules with any changed records.

markdowney,
I think the issue is actually a client issue addressed in the hot fix I just pushed. Can you try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Looks like you fixed it! Thank you so much!!

amcog
November 3rd, 2016, 13:49
Can you try making the window taller and see if the issue resolves?

Ah you're correct! It has resolved it. Thank you kindly!

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 14:07
Option question. Has anyone figured out if the auto-center map new option works for the GM AND the Player? Meaning, if I turn on as the GM, will the players maps auto center during each turn? The reason I ask is I usually do not have the option Turn: Skip hidden actor turned on as I don't want to automatically skip a MOB that I might spring on the players. However, if I have the auto-center turned on and Turn: Skip hidden actor turned off, then my map auto-centers on the hidden creature. Also, I suspect it will work this way for creatures hidden under the mask.

I'm just trying to determine if I want the auto-center turned on if it might tip off my players where hidden creatures are. I love the release! Very cool stuff, just trying to figure it all out.

GMTroll
November 3rd, 2016, 15:48
... We've just finished playing and the only slight problem that we noticed was when rolling Trained Only skills the output to chat always shows that the PC is untrained, even if they have ranks in the skill. This happens when rolled from the PC character sheets or the Party Sheet.

I've had a poke around and it is being cause be an incorrect argument in a function call. In the file:

- 3.E.pak/scripts/manager_action_skill.lua

Line 48 - _,bUntrained = CharManager.getSkillValue(v, sSkillLookup, sSubSkill);
This line needs to be changed to

Line 48 - _,bUntrained = CharManager.getSkillValue(rActor, sSkillLookup, sSubSkill);

bnickelsen
November 3rd, 2016, 15:56
Anyone gut a link or short cut to some info on using teh Manual dice roll option?

GMTroll
November 3rd, 2016, 16:08
Anyone gut a link or short cut to some info on using teh Manual dice roll option?

This video https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/87268619 on twitch shows it. Just skip forward to about 33:00. This was during beta so there may be some differences.

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 16:37
Option question. Has anyone figured out if the auto-center map new option works for the GM AND the Player?
Fire up another instance of FG on your computer, "Join Game" with a server address of localhost and use this second instance to show you what the players will see.

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 16:38
Fire up another instance of FG on your computer, "Join Game" with a server address of localhost and use this second instance to show you what the players will see.

Thanks, Trenloe. Yep, will definitely do that tonight and check!

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 16:45
Option question. Has anyone figured out if the auto-center map new option works for the GM AND the Player? Meaning, if I turn on as the GM, will the players maps auto center during each turn? The reason I ask is I usually do not have the option Turn: Skip hidden actor turned on as I don't want to automatically skip a MOB that I might spring on the players. However, if I have the auto-center turned on and Turn: Skip hidden actor turned off, then my map auto-centers on the hidden creature. Also, I suspect it will work this way for creatures hidden under the mask.

I'm just trying to determine if I want the auto-center turned on if it might tip off my players where hidden creatures are. I love the release! Very cool stuff, just trying to figure it all out.

Auto centre is an option for both DM and player. However they are separate entities. So whilst the DM will autocentre when he clicks next turn on the CT it only does so for him only. Autocentre will only work for the individual player and centre on his character - nothing else. Hidden or invisible NPCs will be skipped and won't be autocentred.

(And I worked that out by doing what Trenloe suggests - while he was writing his post of course)

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 16:49
Auto centre is an option for both DM and player. However they are separate entities. So whilst the DM will autocentre when he clicks next turn on the CT it only does so for him only. Autocentre will only work for the individual player and centre on his character - nothing else. Hidden or invisible NPCs will be skipped and won't be autocentred.

(And I worked that out by doing what Trenloe suggests - while he was writing his post of course)

Beautiful! The Dev's were on it like usual! Love it! I wasn't home and thought about this and thought others might be interested in knowing. Very cool!

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 18:21
OK, last hot fix to resolve apparent hang when using Wizards theme with 5E and using the category drop down. I'm going to move everything else to a quick cycle patch release. (v3.2.1)

Thanks,
JPG

Vackipleur
November 3rd, 2016, 22:00
Spotted an issue with that:
[5E] Initiative checks will now apply modifiers and advantage/disadvantage relevant to any Dexterity check.

If you have the EXHAUSTION:1 condition, your initiative check is not modified by a disadvantage.

NicholasDM
November 3rd, 2016, 22:08
I'm still relatively inexperienced but 3.2 looks good.

crankdawg47
November 3rd, 2016, 22:20
[5E] Racial ability score increase traits will handle racial ability reductions.

Can I get a translation on this one?

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 22:28
Some of the new races coming into play for 5E get racial reductions of ability scores, not just increases. I don't remember whether it was official material or third party material, but the ability parsing code was updated to handle the decreases as well.

Regards,
JPG

swest
November 4th, 2016, 00:18
Greetings,

I'm just now seeing the update. My group's next session is on Saturday, so I'm not willing to experiment prior to that. Following Saturday, I will have 2 weeks to prepare, and get ready with 3.2. So, I will not allow my FG to update, and I will, preemptively, tell my players to not update, until after our Saturday session.

Based on that, I have a couple of questions

I have read the entire thread up until this point. Am I correct that there is no change to the internal format/xml of Campaign modules? In other words, will the module I have been developing on 3.1 work, unchanged, on 3.2?

And, if one of my players inadvertently updates to 3.2, will that create a problem for them? And, in that case, will there be any way to downgrade?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know the new FG!

Thanks.

- s.west

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2016, 00:54
swest,

There is no way to downgrade versions, so definitely contact them early.

The module formats have not changed. That said, you may have to change the XML structure of your modules to get them to embed in the master campaign lists, depending on the ruleset. See this developer wiki article:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Structure_Overview_and_Best_Practices

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
November 4th, 2016, 01:06
So, I will not allow my FG to update, and I will, preemptively, tell my players to not update, until after our Saturday session.

I've done this a few times in the past; it's never worked. Players see a red button and mindlessly push it, even if you told them not to update.

And, if one of my players inadvertently updates to 3.2, will that create a problem for them?

When the second decimal of the FG version changes (the 1 to 2 in FG 3.1.6 -> FG 3.2.0), no clients of a higher or lower second decimal may connect. So if they update to 3.2.* and you are running 3.1.* FG will literally tell them they cannot connect to your server and cease running. They will not be able to play until you update

Gwaihir Scout
November 4th, 2016, 01:26
The minimum image width needs to be nuked from orbit.

Other than that, seems cool so far. Nice work.

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 01:34
The minimum image width needs to be nuked from orbit.

It's not one of my favorite things, either :(

velshandru
November 4th, 2016, 03:09
Likewise. Updated screenie sent to Support. Trying to create a new CoreRPG campaign with no extensions works, but goes back to:

Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (npclist) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (Organisations/XMLFiles/xOrganisationsWindowClasses.xml)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_library.lua"]:50: attempt to call field 'addLibraryDockShortcut' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/data_desktop.lua"]:38: attempt to call field 'registerStackShortcuts' (a nil value)

if I load the DOE extensions, leaving me with that same blank screen other than the Locations tab. I suspect we can conclude that the DOE extensions require an update. :cry:

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 03:11
Likewise. Updated screenie sent to Support. Trying to create a new CoreRPG campaign with no extensions works, but goes back to:

Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (npclist) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (Organisations/XMLFiles/xOrganisationsWindowClasses.xml)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_library.lua"]:50: attempt to call field 'addLibraryDockShortcut' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/data_desktop.lua"]:38: attempt to call field 'registerStackShortcuts' (a nil value)

if I load the DOE extensions, leaving me with that same blank screen other than the Locations tab. I suspect we can conclude that the DOE extensions require an update. :cry:
All of the DOE extensions have been updated for v3.2.0. *Always* check for updated versions of the extensions you use if you have any issues when running with extensions.

No need to cry. There's a simple solution for you here - go to the relevant extensions threads and download the updated extension. :)

velshandru
November 4th, 2016, 03:23
Double check the following items:
1. Launch FG and click Settings. re-enter your username and confirm your password. Also check that your license key is entered and still active if you have a subscription. Re-run an update.
2. Inside your campaign, go into Modules and then Library and see if they show up there for activation

If they don't please send a screenshot of the following to [email protected] and we can help.
1. FG Launch screen
2. FG Settings screen
3. Library > Modules screen

Done. I also am running on a Mac, in my case in a previously working bottle under PlayOnMac. Castles & Crusades, CoreRPG and Fate Core all throw errors and drop me into a campaign screen with only the usual topmost icons (from combat tracker to effects) "Characters", "Tokens", "Library" showing if I turn extensions off — same as Asgurgolas — and only a Locations icon if I switch my DOE extensions back on.

FWIW 5E, Classic Traveller, Dresden Files, & Savage Worlds campaigns all load fine while AFF2E & Foundation are unable to load their rulesets (base.xml) and offer to reload my data : looping on "yes", crashing on 'no".

velshandru
November 4th, 2016, 03:38
I suspect we can conclude that the DOE extensions require an update. :cry:

I type corrected, they have already been updated. :)

velshandru
November 4th, 2016, 03:43
All of the DOE extensions have been updated for v3.2.0. *Always* check for updated versions of the extensions you use if you have any issues when running with extensions.

I was chasing after the basic functionality before doing that :p

No need to cry. There's a simple solution for you here - go to the relevant extensions threads and download the updated extension. :)

Some joy, I now come up with the topmost icons (from combat tracker to effects) + Locations, Characters, Tokens, & Library regardless of whether my DOE extensions are active. I don't have any Organizations links available yet since I don't have any Story or NPC icons up to access them from.

While waiting for that basic functionality to return, I'll check my other extensions for updates... :)

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 03:48
I was chasing after the basic functionality before doing that :p

Some joy, I now come up with the topmost icons (from combat tracker to effects) + Characters, Tokens, & Library regardless of whether my DOE extensions are active. What I don't have now is a Locations icon, nor of course the Organizations links since I don't have any Story or NPC icons.

Probably because you need to turn them on from the Libraries Window (as you do for all of the "big" buttons under FGv3.2) :)

velshandru
November 4th, 2016, 03:54
Probably because you need to turn them on from the Libraries Window (as you do for all of the "big" buttons under FGv3.2) :)

So you do .. my bad! :blush:

Now that my campaign is working just fine, I'll get back to work updating it and checking my other extensions. Tks for your patience. :)

Talley Darkstar
November 4th, 2016, 04:36
So the last couple of days FG has said that there has been an update. Has there been some backend updating, or has there been frontend updating that hasn't made it to the change log?

ddavison
November 4th, 2016, 04:39
We had a few hotfixes that were pushed to correct things that were not working fully as intended. Now that those are in place, the next releases probably won't land until 3.2.1. That version will probably be relatively quick though.

Talley Darkstar
November 4th, 2016, 04:41
Ah right on. I didn't think I was going crazy, but, my wife might disagree with me.

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 04:51
I didn't think I was going crazy, but, my wife might disagree with me.

Don't they always?

noelyuk
November 4th, 2016, 11:23
Can't seem to install this latest 3.2 update. I just get an ERROR: Getpackage Files:

https://imgur.com/a/YI7dv

Is this a known issue on Mac?

I also saw this thread so know i'm not alone.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34792-Unable-to-update-on-Mac-after-new-update

Cheers

Noely

Aaron
November 4th, 2016, 13:18
I'm liking the ease of finding things across multiple modules now.

One feature seems to not be working. Dragging a result or text back onto the chat window no long reposts it. For example, a player rolls a skill check into the 'Dice Tower', and cannot see the result. I sometimes like to share the result, and could just grab and drag it back to the chat window to show the result. That no longer happens.

crankdawg47
November 4th, 2016, 13:41
Some of the new races coming into play for 5E get racial reductions of ability scores, not just increases. I don't remember whether it was official material or third party material, but the ability parsing code was updated to handle the decreases as well.

Regards,
JPG

Awesome. Didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying!

damned
November 4th, 2016, 13:53
noelyuk At least one other Mac user has posted similar....

Mask_of_winter
November 4th, 2016, 14:46
It's a very good upgrade overall. Good work by Smiteworks.
I understand the need of minimum width for images because of the title and Unidentified Map/Image fields (at least that's why I think it's there) but this is really killing the image quality. I have 350X450 images at ~200 kb or less that look sharp in my image editor or viewer but look like potatoes in FG. Am I going to have to spam the players' screen with images twice as wide just to get a decent result? If it is indeed the need for image name and unidentified map/image in the upper portion of the window, why not tuck it in with the other tools like mask, draw, erase, etc.?

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2016, 15:49
I'm liking the ease of finding things across multiple modules now.

One feature seems to not be working. Dragging a result or text back onto the chat window no long reposts it. For example, a player rolls a skill check into the 'Dice Tower', and cannot see the result. I sometimes like to share the result, and could just grab and drag it back to the chat window to show the result. That no longer happens.
This has been identified in another thread, not sure where though. Moon Wizard has said it will be resolved in 3.2.1, which is expected in short order.

ddavison
November 4th, 2016, 16:04
Can't seem to install this latest 3.2 update. I just get an ERROR: Getpackage Files:

Is this a known issue on Mac?

I also saw this thread so know i'm not alone.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34792-Unable-to-update-on-Mac-after-new-update

Cheers

Noely

I just connected with a Mac user and helped them complete the installation. They had installed through Steam.

Steps:
1. We made a backup of the FantasyGrounds.app file that contains all your custom content.
A. To do this, launch Steam and go to Games > Library.
B. Find Fantasy Grounds on the game list on the left, and right-click on it and choose Properties
C. Go to the Local Files tab of the properties window and click on Browse Files
D. Copy the FantasyGrounds.app file and make a backup copy pasted to your Desktop or other location for safe keeping
2. Back in the Steam properties dialog, click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE. It should report the number of changed files and it will revert it back to a beginning state
3. Wait for the new files to finish downloading and then launch Fantasy Grounds again. It will show an earlier version and will have the FREE version without your purchases or license. Your stuff will still be there but won't be visible. Have no fear.
4. Run an Update as-is. It should update to version 3.2 FREE
5. Once that is complete go into Settings and then re-enter or right-click and Paste your License key back in. Set your username and password as well. Then run another Update. Your license key if purchased from Steam will be on the Steam game screen for Fantasy Grounds under the "CD Key" menu option.

albinonewt
November 4th, 2016, 16:12
After I updated when I go to character manager or to Create a New Campaign, 5e isn't an option for me to select anymore. 3.5 and 4 are there, but not 5e.

ddavison
November 4th, 2016, 16:15
It sounds like something didn't work with the update. Are you on a Windows PC or a Mac? Can you check your folder permissions for the folder you have set as the Data Directory in your Settings and then try running an update again?

albinonewt
November 4th, 2016, 16:27
It sounds like something didn't work with the update. Are you on a Windows PC or a Mac? Can you check your folder permissions for the folder you have set as the Data Directory in your Settings and then try running an update again?

I am on Windows 10. I have full control and modify rights to that folder

ddavison
November 4th, 2016, 16:34
Someone else reported that they had to manually delete the 5E.pak and CoreRPG.pak files on their system (in the Data Directory rulesets folder) and then re-run the Update.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 16:35
After I updated when I go to character manager or to Create a New Campaign, 5e isn't an option for me to select anymore. 3.5 and 4 are there, but not 5e.
Look in your \rulesets directory for a 5E directory or 5E.pak file. If either of these exist, delete them and run an update again. Check for 5E.pak (about 6,423KB in size) after running the update.

Blackfoot
November 4th, 2016, 16:59

I'm just trying to determine if I want the auto-center turned on if it might tip off my players where hidden creatures are. I love the release! Very cool stuff, just trying to figure it all out.It works differently for players and the GM. The players only center on THEIR turn... the GM centers on everyone.

albinonewt
November 4th, 2016, 17:03
Look in your \rulesets directory for a 5E directory or 5E.pak file. If either of these exist, delete them and run an update again. Check for 5E.pak (about 6,423KB in size) after running the update.

Totally worked. Thanks

noelyuk
November 4th, 2016, 17:16
Hey Doug. I tried following those instructions without any success.

I followed steps 1A-D

But in part 2 where you say

2. Back in the Steam properties dialog, click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE. It should report the number of changed files and it will revert it back to a beginning state

I got a message saying several files failed to validate. I wasn't sure whether this was the same as the 'changed files' you mention above but anyway after verifying it does seem to revert back to original state (ie the ID keys disappear from the settings screen.

But when I attempt to "Update as is" with this free version it fails and gives me the same error message about ERROR: Get Packagefiles

Help :(

MarianDz
November 4th, 2016, 18:58
Thanks for hard work Smiteworks on our new ver. 3.2.0 is amazing.
This is really great update. Many of things it brings I never dreamed. Thumbs UP!

bnickelsen
November 4th, 2016, 19:35
Thanks for hard work Smiteworks on our new ver. 3.2.0 is amazing.
This is really great update. Many of things it brings I never dreamed. Thumbs UP!

Agreed

ddavison
November 4th, 2016, 21:21
Hey Doug. I tried following those instructions without any success.

I followed steps 1A-D

But in part 2 where you say

I got a message saying several files failed to validate. I wasn't sure whether this was the same as the 'changed files' you mention above but anyway after verifying it does seem to revert back to original state (ie the ID keys disappear from the settings screen.

But when I attempt to "Update as is" with this free version it fails and gives me the same error message about ERROR: Get Packagefiles

Help :(

That image indicates that something is blocking the Updater from running on the Internet or blocking you from contacting our patch server. What anti-virus are you running and can you check to see if you can add an exception for it?

Also, shoot an email to [email protected] with your external IP address and I can check the server to make sure you aren't in an area that would be under additional security constraints.

RuleofThree
November 4th, 2016, 21:22
Is there a tutorial or an updated list on the wiki of how the new things work? Finding a lot of really cool things in this new update, that just don't work correctly (As far as I know), and I can't tell if it is user-error, or something is seriously amiss. An example would be wit the new Quests Feature. I have filled out as a GM the list of quests available to each player, an dplaced them in proper catagories...but when I log in on my other computer as a player. This list isn't seen anywhere? Are these shared? Or is it something local to the computers?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 21:34
Is there a tutorial or an updated list on the wiki of how the new things work?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34783-New-version-3-2-Video-Walkthrough

Quests, just like any other record in the FG campaign, need to be shared before the players will see them. You might not want them to see them - especially if you're using a ruleset which uses XP for quests, then you might just want to use them as a GM reference and to allow drag/drop quest XP to the party sheet for XP distribution.

Beerbelly
November 4th, 2016, 21:39
I haven't tried it yet, but does the Par5e still work with the 3.2v? I assume so, but before I put in lots of work to find out it didn't, I thought I'd ask.

RuleofThree
November 4th, 2016, 21:54
This is a hell of a video. Thank you. Still a lot of questions on Quests though. Found you can share them, but it shares with EVERYONE. I can't recall a specific example in which you could share individually within FG, so I suppose I can't expect that from quests. Though if I have individual quests meant to be for their eyes only, I am unable to share with just them.

Another thing that confuses me is that the GM is able to sort these quests in to created groups, but all the players get for groups is (All) or (none) the groups don't seem to carry over, nor do they have the option to create their own groups.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 22:09
I can't recall a specific example in which you could share individually within FG, so I suppose I can't expect that from quests.
Drag the link of the quest to an individual PC portrait to share with the owning player.

Another thing that confuses me is that the GM is able to sort these quests in to created groups, but all the players get for groups is (All) or (none) the groups don't seem to carry over, nor do they have the option to create their own groups.
That is correct, this is by design on the player side. The idea being that only a few things would ever be shared with the players at any one time. The devs have answered the reasoning behind this recently, but can't find it at the moment.

EDIT: If the individual player want to do some form of organisation, they can put a bunch of links in a "note" that they own. But, of course, if the GM stops sharing a record the link will no longer be valid.

Nickademus
November 5th, 2016, 00:01
EDIT: If the individual player want to do some form of organisation, they can put a bunch of links in a "note" that they own. But, of course, if the GM stops sharing a record the link will no longer be valid.

Not that I see many players doing this, but another option is to use the hotbars to organize links. Between all the regular bars and the Alt+Shift, Shift+Ctrl, Ctrl+Alt, Shift+Alt+Ctrl combos, there should be enough for decent organization.

Myrdin Potter
November 5th, 2016, 00:56
I updated and bought Volo's Guide to Monsters. When I open up Volo and try and look at the monsters via the NPC list opened Volo's guide, there are no images. Red ID with a circle through it at the top of the opened window when I click on the link, <new drawing> and an error message as well at the top of the image window.

To be more clear. On the other tab for the monster stat block, there is am image link but when I click it there is no image appearing.

When I go into the campaigns master images list, I can see the Volo images and click them.

The still have a <new drawing> and the Unidentified Image on the top, but the image itself shows up.

SheckyS
November 5th, 2016, 01:24
Just tried playing for the first time since the update.
DM says some of his books are missing from the Library. He has the DM's guide, but the Monster Manual is missing.

Also, all of the players are able to images and maps that were not supposed to be public. Stuff that was never shared. Like under images it looks like all of the images are visible and they all say "Unknown image."

Also, players can go into Library and push the GM button and see everything. This is a total mess. :(

This is all D&D 5e.

Ken L
November 5th, 2016, 01:34
Wish the stock rulesets came at least documented in their scripts/xml files so if things moved; modders could easily find them. Also aids in understanding what affects where to allow for easier customization.

Danimal66
November 5th, 2016, 01:36
I should of checked this out before my session which is just starting but I was watching the Cubs. So I'm in a little panic mode.

1. I click the story button and everything is one giant list. Under groups all I have are All or None. This makes it extremely hard to find what I need in the Storm Kings Thunder module

2. My player no longer have a quest button. Where od they find the quests I shared with them?

3. NPC's button same issue as above no Storm Kings thunder list under groups

These are the thing I've seen in the first 5 minutes. Not sure what the point was in changing this.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 01:38
2. My player no longer have a quest button. Where od they find the quests I shared with them?
If they click the "Library" button the top part of the library window will allow the player to select which buttons they see down the right hand side of the desktop. They can select "Quests" as one of the buttons to see. You now have more control over how your desktop looks.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 01:42
1. I click the story button and everything is one giant list. Under groups all I have are All or None. This makes it extremely hard to find what I need in the Storm Kings Thunder module

Try updating FG again, there was a couple of hotfixes after the main release to help with module data.

After updating, if you still can't see the data groups close and then re-open the Storm Kings Thunder module.

Danimal66
November 5th, 2016, 01:42
If they click the "Library" button the top part of the library window will allow the player to select which buttons they see down the right hand side of the desktop. They can select "Quests" as one of the buttons to see. You now have more control over how your desktop looks.

Thanks any idea on the other 2 since they are going to slow down my game tonight.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 01:43
Thanks any idea on the other 2 since they are going to slow down my game tonight.
Replied in another post above - #188.

ddavison
November 5th, 2016, 01:46
I should of checked this out before my session which is just starting but I was watching the Cubs. So I'm in a little panic mode.

These are the thing I've seen in the first 5 minutes. Not sure what the point was in changing this.

Try closing and re-opening Storm King's Thunder. Those two screens should look like this:

ddavison
November 5th, 2016, 01:48
Just tried playing for the first time since the update.
DM says some of his books are missing from the Library. He has the DM's guide, but the Monster Manual is missing.

Also, all of the players are able to images and maps that were not supposed to be public. Stuff that was never shared. Like under images it looks like all of the images are visible and they all say "Unknown image."

Also, players can go into Library and push the GM button and see everything. This is a total mess. :(

This is all D&D 5e.

If the books are missing in the library, have the DM try one or more of these two steps:

1. Launch FG and go to Settings and then re-enter the username and click the Update button next to it to re-verify the password. Run an update
2. If that doesn't work, look for a /vault/[PRODUCT ID/*.dat file for the missing book and delete it and then re-run an update.

Aaron
November 5th, 2016, 02:20
This has been identified in another thread, not sure where though. Moon Wizard has said it will be resolved in 3.2.1, which is expected in short order.

Thanks Lord Entrails, that's good news.

FG is going from strength to strength.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 02:33
I've had a poke around and it is being cause be an incorrect argument in a function call. In the file:

- 3.E.pak/scripts/manager_action_skill.lua

Line 48 - _,bUntrained = CharManager.getSkillValue(v, sSkillLookup, sSubSkill);
This line needs to be changed to

Line 48 - _,bUntrained = CharManager.getSkillValue(rActor, sSkillLookup, sSubSkill);

And, party skill rolls from the party sheet don't include the skill bonus - just a straight d20 roll.

3.5E/PFRPG ruleset.

Myrdin Potter
November 5th, 2016, 02:51
I closed and reopened Volo, and still the same issue. When I click links for the images from the NPC list, nothing shows up. The reference manual is fine. The images list has the monster links and I can click them and see it, also fine. But not from the stat block.

BABOONSKI
November 5th, 2016, 05:06
I can no longer resize my windows in FG horizontally. I used to take pics and make them much smaller so I could still have them open and not taking up space. Anyone else have this problem?? In the pic I have attached I can size the sides of the window up and down but now left and right.

https://i.imgur.com/8LD6s4T.jpg

https://imgur.com/8LD6s4T

Mask_of_winter
November 5th, 2016, 05:19
Yes. It's intentional. There are a few threads on the matter and if you go back a few pages it's in this thread as well.

noelyuk
November 5th, 2016, 05:41
Hey Doug. I get the same error even without any antiviruses running.

damned
November 5th, 2016, 07:52
Hi Moon Wizard - if I wanted to change graphics files for sidebar icons to be wide/long rather than roughly square where do i change this spacing allocation?
At the moment if I replace gfx with wide ones the same square space is still allocated to them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16011&d=1478129145

damned
November 5th, 2016, 07:54
Hey Doug. I get the same error even without any antiviruses running.

Hey noelyuk did you do these steps or something else?

I just connected with a Mac user and helped them complete the installation. They had installed through Steam.

Steps:
1. We made a backup of the FantasyGrounds.app file that contains all your custom content.
A. To do this, launch Steam and go to Games > Library.
B. Find Fantasy Grounds on the game list on the left, and right-click on it and choose Properties
C. Go to the Local Files tab of the properties window and click on Browse Files
D. Copy the FantasyGrounds.app file and make a backup copy pasted to your Desktop or other location for safe keeping
3. Wait for the new files to finish downloading and then launch Fantasy Grounds again. It will show an earlier version and will have the FREE version without your purchases or license. Your stuff will still be there but won't be visible. Have no fear.
4. Run an Update as-is. It should update to version 3.2 FREE
5. Once that is complete go into Settings and then re-enter or right-click and Paste your License key back in. Set your username and password as well. Then run another Update. Your license key if purchased from Steam will be on the Steam game screen for Fantasy Grounds under the "CD Key" menu option.

damned
November 5th, 2016, 08:05
Sorry noelyuk I see you were following those steps. Did you email support@ with your external IP address?

noelyuk
November 5th, 2016, 11:05
Yeah already emailed support with external IP

ddavison
November 5th, 2016, 15:39
I closed and reopened Volo, and still the same issue. When I click links for the images from the NPC list, nothing shows up. The reference manual is fine. The images list has the monster links and I can click them and see it, also fine. But not from the stat block.

This should be fixed now.

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 16:02
Hey, guys. I thought there was a fix pushed for this, but I noticed an issue when I have two instance of FG open. One as DM and one as localhost. When I open my map and image folder in DM view I see all my groupings. However, when I open my player instance (localhost), I only see "all" and "none". I took screenshots but it looks like this thread doesn't allow me to post attachments.

Do you think this will be an issue for my players as well? Just thought it was strange I could see the groupings in one and not the other. Is that to protect from players seeing a grouping name the DM might be trying to keep secret? Just curious.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 16:19
This is correct. Players don't see groupings other than all or none. Moon Wizard posted the reasoning behind this somewhere in this thread. Or maybe in another thread.

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 16:23
This is correct. Players don't see groupings other than all or none. Moon Wizard posted the reasoning behind this somewhere in this thread. Or maybe in another thread.

Makes complete sense. Sorry I missed the post explaining.

ColinBuckler
November 5th, 2016, 17:12
I appear to be having performance issues since 3.2 upgrade in Savage Worlds. I have been in the process of creating a Curse of the Crimson crown for Savage worlds. Tried the same thing in a Pathfinder game and duplicated the same performance issue.

In the Story window, if there is standard text, chat text (i.e. to send to chat window), links to handouts and links to encounters (i.e. Zellara's Home if you know the modules...), the window frame is very unresponsive when you try and drag it - take 1 or 2 seconds to move to where the mouse pointer has been re-positioned to. There is also some noticeable lag when typing in the window at times.

I am running on an i7 laptop with 16gb memory. The CPU rarely gets above 25% and the memory used is never over 30% - so it appears not to be hardware related.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 17:30
and the memory used is never over 30% - so it appears not to be hardware related.
How much memory if FG using? FantasyGrounds.exe is a 32-bit application, so it is limited to 2GB memory use in a 32-bit operating system and somewhat less than 4GB (around 3.7GB) in a 64-bit operating system.

ColinBuckler
November 5th, 2016, 17:49
Fantasy Grounds is using 1,330.4 MB and < 1% CPU. I just noticed that when I do drag the story entry window around that the CPU usage for FG shoots up to almost 12%

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 17:51
Fantasy Grounds is using 1,330.4 MB and < 1% CPU. I just noticed that when I do drag the story entry window around that the CPU usage for FG shoots up to almost 12%
Yeah, that's expected. Is it only story entries with links/chat text that cause the issue, or does a basic story entry (only text) cause the same issue that you reported above in post #207?

EDIT: And are you using any themes?

ColinBuckler
November 5th, 2016, 18:50
Hi,

No themes.

A bit sluggish with an empty story but acceptable. However the more story text/links/chat that is added slows the window refresh down.

I have the latest all drivers are up to date, Windows is fully patched....

Trenloe
November 5th, 2016, 19:14
A bit sluggish with an empty story but acceptable. However the more story text/links/chat that is added slows the window refresh down.

I have the latest all drivers are up to date, Windows is fully patched....
Sounds like a graphics card redraw issue - under the main FG settings window (accessible from the launch screen) check what the setting for "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac" is set to - change it and see if it makes a difference. If changing it doesn't make a difference, then disable it (no check) and try looking at your graphics card advanced settings - anti-aliasing has known to cause performance issues in FG, look to disable that for your graphics card.

noelyuk
November 5th, 2016, 20:05
Was advised by support to run the update via a VPN and I'm pleased to report that this solved my issue and the update ran and my campaign content appears to be intact. I do hope this doesn't mean I need to run my hosted sessions through VPN since I know that impacts performance but otherwise thanks for the help Doug and Damned.

Cheers

Noely

PS 'Doug & The Damned' sounds like it should be the name of a Rockband lol

ColinBuckler
November 5th, 2016, 21:23
HI,

After a lot of investigating I can confirm that this is not a Fantasy Grounds issue. It appears to be related to the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade and how USB ports now work when using a port replicator. Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, decided to change the way the USB drivers work....

Further investigating has identified that the problem exists with other users and exists in other applications, though to a much lesser degree than FG.

ddavison
November 5th, 2016, 21:36
That Damned Doug is how I normally hear it spoken. :)

We also just loosened a few of the additional security enhancements that were in effect for Hong Kong and South Korea.

Myrdin Potter
November 5th, 2016, 23:26
I am travelling in China and struggling via slow VPN to update. Just took a long while to DL the latest Volo file to be told that it could not update the "vault".

China seems to be locked down cold and even the captcha does not display when I try and access the forums without a VPN.

I ran the update again and the file worked. I had to revert changes for the module to get it to work, but images now show up.

spite
November 6th, 2016, 01:24
Posting here as suggested by Zacchaeus for issues with 3.2

In the Savage Grounds Ruleset I get the following
https://puu.sh/s7bDK/455f0b0fb8.png

This issue comes up when making a ranged attack by dragging the attack roll from a Colt 1911 (deluxe savage worlds module) onto a target in the combat tracker.

As Skellan added "I get this too. If you place the tokens on the map and target there, the issue disappears. Not sure what's causing this"

gamemasterbob
November 6th, 2016, 02:17
Dammit, I just finished updating and all of my campaign stopped working.. it loads a few errors and that's it, no buttons, no icons, only chat and dice are there... no characters, no maps, no miniatures, nothing else.. the rightmost bar (various "notes, PCs, etc) is completely empty. Tried loading 4 of my campaigns, only the demo 5e adventure seems to work :/

Turn off your extensions. Basically I am running without extensions for now and waiting for updates to them. No problems.

Talyn
November 6th, 2016, 02:31
Turn off your extensions. Basically I am running without extensions for now and waiting for updates to them. No problems.

That should appear in HUGE BOLD TEXT right dead center of the launcher...

MentalChillness
November 6th, 2016, 02:41
Problem Solved

Myrdin Potter
November 6th, 2016, 03:56
Hey Doug, I know you're working overtime right now. Just to let you know, From the Annis Hag through Banderhobb and the Illithilich (Alhoon) NPC other tab Image links are still not working. From the Bard down is working as intended.

Thanks for all the hard work. We all appreciate it.

It works for me and did not before. Try right clicking the module in the module selection screen and reverting changes.

Andraax
November 6th, 2016, 04:11
Just noticed something (not specific to 3.2, it's been around for a while): in the C&C ruleset, there is a checkbox on the inventory tab for each item to "include on mini-sheet" - but there is no mini-sheet for inventory...

MentalChillness
November 6th, 2016, 08:52
It works for me and did not before. Try right clicking the module in the module selection screen and reverting changes.

Works perfect now, thanks Myrdin.

geewaagh
November 6th, 2016, 14:41
I am running a 4e game (yes, I know...). New update creates duplicate buttons. Those that can be turned on and off with library control work, those that cannot be turned off don't.

Any way to turn off old buttons?

https://i.imgsafe.org/f3fc59589d.jpg

ddavison
November 6th, 2016, 14:45
I am running a 4e game (yes, I know...). New update creates duplicate buttons. Those that can be turned on and off with library control work, those that cannot be turned off don't.

Any way to turn off old buttons?

https://i.imgsafe.org/f3fc59589d.jpg

Can you disable all extensions and then try it again? Use the Library button to toggle the buttons shown.

Andraax
November 6th, 2016, 14:47

You probably have an "unpacked" copy of the (old) ruleset in your rulesets directory. Delete or rename this, and the problem should go away.

geewaagh
November 6th, 2016, 14:49
ddavidson - No extensions. Started a new campaign with no luck as well. Turned off all buttons in new campaign (with no extensions) and broken buttons remained.

geewaagh
November 6th, 2016, 14:51
Andraxx - resolved. unpacked version was the issue. Thx!

Talyn
November 6th, 2016, 14:55
Just noticed something (not specific to 3.2, it's been around for a while): in the C&C ruleset, there is a checkbox on the inventory tab for each item to "include on mini-sheet" - but there is no mini-sheet for inventory...

Not to mention C&C has multiple mini-sheets instead of a single mini-sheet, which seems more useful?

ddavidson - No extensions. Started a new campaign with no luck as well. Turned off all buttons in new campaign (with no extensions) and broken buttons remained.

Are you using the 4E.pak ruleset or did you unzip the ruleset? If so, use try normal .pak one which gets updated.

Andraax
November 6th, 2016, 15:37
Not to mention C&C has multiple mini-sheets instead of a single mini-sheet, which seems more useful?

I love using the multiple mini-sheets - would also love to see one for the inventory. It's especially useful if you are running more than one character...

Talley Darkstar
November 6th, 2016, 17:57
So another thing that I've noticed, is that FG tends to crash, it asks if I want to close the program or wait for the program to respond. I'll usually wait, and it responds then I'll make another selection, and the program will go completely full screen (overlapping the taskbar) and stall out. I even started a test campaign with no extensions activated and it does the same thing. I even tried it on my wife's license and it was doing the same thing and she doesn't have any extensions.

Edit: I shouldn't say every time, but often.

swest
November 6th, 2016, 21:54
So, I will not allow my FG to update, and I will, preemptively, tell my players to not update, until after our Saturday session.
I've done this a few times in the past; it's never worked. Players see a red button and mindlessly push it, even if you told them not to update.

Well, sure enough, everyone read my e-mails and texts with instructions to not upgrade until after our session (last night)... everyone, but one, that is. The one that is notorious for not reading e-mails and texts. He couldn't join the game.

Rather than do without him, we decided to go for it, and I had everyone upgrade. I turned off all the extensions I had been using (that, likely, would not have worked), and played extension-less.

The session went well enough. We had a few little oddities, but nothing that prevented us from making progress.

Regarding 'oddities', I do have a couple of questions. I had only read up through page 15, when I posted what Nickademus quoted above, and I have not, today, read the rest of what has been posted (24 pages). However, I will ask my questions anyway.

My group is playing a PFRPG campaign, and after the upgrade we experienced [UNTRAINED] results on Skill checks, even though the player had ranks in the Skill. Also, the number that FG rolled for the Skill checks were the correct numbers (with ranks and other modifiers applied). No other errors were seen when that occurred.

The second problem occurs if I click on certain 'Special Abilities' links on the Character Sheet. Anything Class-related always returns (in the Chat window):

Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (PFRPG Classes)

Has anyone else experienced either of these?

Thanks,

- s.west

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2016, 22:50
So another thing that I've noticed, is that FG tends to crash, it asks if I want to close the program or wait for the program to respond. I'll usually wait, and it responds then I'll make another selection, and the program will go completely full screen (overlapping the taskbar) and stall out. I even started a test campaign with no extensions activated and it does the same thing. I even tried it on my wife's license and it was doing the same thing and she doesn't have any extensions.

This isn't normal, nor should be expected. Seems like it would be best to start a thread in the House of Healing. My first guess would be you have too many tokens in your shared folder or maybe too many maps in your campaign.

To start on this, what o/s are you running? Can you figure out what to do to repeat this? How large does the FG process get?

JohnD
November 6th, 2016, 23:33
In Savage Worlds, trying to export a token module. When dragging the folder with the tokens in it, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/export_tokens.lua"]:25: setPrototype: Invalid parameter

When I drag individual tokens, they appear in the box fine... problem is who wants to drag a couple hundred tokens individually.

spite
November 7th, 2016, 00:44

This is the same issue I get when opening larger modules in the 4th edition ruleset such as heroic feats or all powers. Check your CPU and memory usage when this occurs and let me know if one or both of them spike to 100%. If so, its the exact issue I have for sure.

Sadly I don't know how to fix it >.<

damned
November 7th, 2016, 01:44
spite and Talley Darkstar - what windows are you working in when this happens?
Can you make those windows taller? I know, i know... just try it.

DM_GJE
November 7th, 2016, 04:11

Forgive me if you've figured this out already as I have not taken the time to read through this entire thread to see (I have to get ready for a game tomorrow!). But, your problem looks like exactly the same problem I had after I updated.

Solution: Click on "Library" bottom right. Then on "GM" in the upper left of that Library window. Everything comes back.

Nickademus
November 7th, 2016, 04:41
The second problem occurs if I click on certain 'Special Abilities' links on the Character Sheet. Anything Class-related always returns (in the Chat window):

Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (PFRPG Classes)

Has anyone else experienced either of these?

That is an old link to the base module. A while back I combined the race and class module together; this will change the module reference name so FG won't find the old link.

Just delete that link and drag a new one in from the PFRPG Classes and Races module.

Celegar
November 7th, 2016, 05:35
I am visiting my brother and just saw the update and was excited to have a look. Now I wish I would have waited. I am afraid it messed up his fantasy grounds. When I try to open any button I get an error message it says Console (GM) then copy to clipboard

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library.lua"]:53:attempt to call field 'toggleWindow' [a nil value]

The numbers vary as per the button used. I appreciate any help to fix this issue.

damned
November 7th, 2016, 05:37
Hi Celegar please check this post for a summary of the most common issues and fixes.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 05:37
I am visiting my brother and just saw the update and was excited to have a look. Now I wish I would have waited. I am afraid it messed up his fantasy grounds. When I try to open any button I get an error message it says Console (GM) then copy to clipboard

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library.lua"]:53:attempt to call field 'toggleWindow' [a nil value]

The numbers vary as per the button used. I appreciate any help to fix this issue.

Hi Celegar,

As per normal when updating FG, have you disabled any/all of the Extensions (and updated to the latest ones) - this is the primary problem we've been finding when we update.

Let us know how you go and we'll get you sorted.

Cheers

Celegar
November 7th, 2016, 05:54
Remove the files from the extension folder? He only has three the theme dungeon and theme woods and one titled fate blank skills. I can't wait to update mine with all my DM stuff. Remove those three?

Trenloe
November 7th, 2016, 05:57
Remove the files from the extension folder? He only has three the theme dungeon and theme woods and one titled fate blank skills. I can't wait to update mine with all my DM stuff. Remove those three?
As damned mentions a couple of posts back, take a look at this thread for common causes/fixes (including information about extensions): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 06:16

No, just don't load them is what I meant :)

deff
November 7th, 2016, 06:43
Sorry if it has been already reported.

With deadlands extension, you cannot use encounters because you cannot add critters inside. (it works on savage world).

Celegar
November 7th, 2016, 06:49
I ran through the proposed fix for the wrong version fix to no avail. Also the black page errors persist.

damned
November 7th, 2016, 08:24
please can you describe the current status in some detail.

Still got issues?
If, after trying all of the above, you still have issues then please start a thread in the "House of Healing" forum with as much details of the issue as possible:
1) ruleset being used.
2) Screenshot of the issue and of the chat window immediately after loading FG (if it gets that far)
3) Steps to recreate.

Etc..

phantomwhale
November 7th, 2016, 11:21
Sorry if it has been already reported.

With deadlands extension, you cannot use encounters because you cannot add critters inside. (it works on savage world).

Noted - thought that was working when we tested, but yeah, I have the same issue.

Will look into that as soon as I shake off whatever snot-bug is upon me...

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 11:50
...I shake off whatever snot-bug is upon me...

You sick dude? Sorry to hear that.

Get well soon, OK. :)

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 11:55
Will look into that as soon as I shake off whatever snot-bug is upon me...

Should you be posting on the forums if you have this kind of thing :)