PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calendar Guidance

GunnarGreybeard
November 1st, 2016, 10:25
I have seen other custom In-Game Calendars but they all have 7 days weeks. Does anyone know of one that has another #, say maybe 10 or 5 days per week that I could pirate for my own purposes?

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 11:41
I have seen other custom In-Game Calendars but they all have 7 days weeks. Does anyone know of one that has another #, say maybe 10 or 5 days per week that I could pirate for my own purposes?

The In-Game Forgotten Realms Calendar has 10 days per week; Can't you just take the calendar module and alter or add stuff to that? Looking at the xml it doesn't appear to be too hard :)

GunnarGreybeard
November 1st, 2016, 11:45
Hmm, didn't know that, will have to look. I found an old post mentioning them being set at 7 and needing to make lua related edits to change that. Was probably a really old post I found.

Andraax
November 1st, 2016, 15:57
The only problem is that if you don't have a number of days in every month that is evenly divisible by the number of days in a week, then it screws up if you do an XML-only module. Each month will begin on the same day of the week.

I have a module that works with an extension to provide the proper starting day of the week for a custom calendar... The files are attached... You have to load the extension first in your campaign, then you can open the calendar module.

Chris_Seal
November 1st, 2016, 17:08
Hi Gunnar,

I have made a few changes to the calendar in the attached extension. It allows me to synchronise across multiple calendars by setting a 'base' calendar. I fixed the monthly start date so each day flows on from the last month, but in the process I have cut out the Gregorian calendar complete with leap year functionality.

I've also played with phases of the moon and various epochs. The attached module includes a couple of my homebrew calendars to see how it all fits together. Please note, it is a bit of a 'hack' but hasn't caused me any problems.

I'm happy to help modify it further if you need (assuming I can :D)

GunnarGreybeard
November 1st, 2016, 21:48
You guys are awesome thanks. I think, with poking through the stuff you guys posted and what I need, I got it to work. I needed simply 12 months, 30 days per months 10 days per week. Easy peasy and so far, so good, with no crashes. :)