PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect and connection tests fail

Tibius
October 31st, 2016, 07:19
Hey , I have ultimate version of FG and a friend wants to connect to my game. My friend has the free demo DL from this site. when ties to connect to my game cannot connect. The test Connection button on my friends demo game says fail..
I read about the open port thing but I am under the impression that is only for the DM and that is my game. When I run the test connection in my game it returns success ..MY friend has checked the firewall in Norton security and it is allowing the program access .. any suggestions would be appreciated.. Also just for my own curiosity I checked in my router/modem and I have absolutely no means of allowing me to access any ports at all ..to port forward even if I wanted to so IDK.. would appreciate help here thanks ..

damned
October 31st, 2016, 11:17
Hi Tibius and welcome.
You as the GM need to have a successful connection test. Your player does not need to do the connection test.
So first thing is making sure that you as the GM get the successful connection test.
Second - your player can only connect to you when your campaign is loaded.
Third - your player needs to make sure that their antivirus and software firewall havent blocked Fantasy Grounds
Fourth - your player needs to make sure that their router is not blocking traffic (not likely at home - possible at work).
And lastly... it could be an Internet routing issue. There may be something happening on the internet that is sending your players traffic the wrong way...

You can - if your player is online now - try and connect to my server: insane hook puny idol
If you cant resolve this in a day or two Ill get you both online together and work through it with you.

Tibius
November 1st, 2016, 08:16
Thank you so much to the help damned . we tried again and for some reason it worked fine.. I gave my friend my ip address . maybe my friend was typing in the alias wrong IDK.. but it works great now..