PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Spells?

GraalOtonami
October 29th, 2016, 13:39
I'm constructing a spell list from several PDFs to add to my base 5e game right now with the intention of exporting it into an easily accessed module for spell selection, but I can't figure out how to export spells like I would items or NPCs. Is there any option for this, or is it something that needs to be added in outside of the FG program? I ask this because, right now, I've created 28 cantrips, and that took me just over half an hour.
Do I need to do this again, or am I missing something?

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 15:56
Hi Graal and welcome to FG and to the community.

You can't export spells since they are regarded as reference material and you can't export reference material. The only effective way to do this is to create your module using par5e (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27297-Par5e) and then you'll have them available in any campaign.

damned
October 29th, 2016, 23:56
As Zacchaeus says they are not available to export but you can manually grab them from the xml.

forcewell
April 13th, 2023, 06:43
Hi all, Quick work around. Put spells in one campaign. Load a character you create with the full spell list. Then copy into spells list in new campaign. Worked for me.

damned
April 13th, 2023, 07:07
You can export pretty much all data these days.
Spells can be exported via the /export command.

cwright45
May 2nd, 2023, 21:46
I am trying to export my implementation of spells from the Action tab of the character sheet. But this doesn't work. How do I export my implementation of spells?

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2023, 21:50
I am trying to export my implementation of spells from the Action tab of the character sheet. But this doesn't work. How do I export my implementation of spells?
You can only export spells from the Campaign spells data list. You'll need to drag the spells from the PC to the campaign data list and then export from there.

Some rulesets may not support this process, so please provide more information regarding your setup - ruleset used at the minimum.

cwright45
May 2nd, 2023, 22:23
Thanks, that worked for me just fine. BTW, I on Windows 11 and using 5E ruleset.