PDA

View Full Version : Forum Problems

LordBalkoth
October 29th, 2016, 01:38
Two issues offhand:

1, editing the title of the original post doesn't alter the title of the actual thread. I originally posted basically "Looking for 2-3 players" but I can't seem to update the thread title to "Looking for 1-2 players." Am I missing something?

2, why can't I post links to other Fantasy Grounds threads? Rejects my post with a link TO SOMETHING ELSE ON THIS SITE and won't let it through. Sure, I can PM the player and say "Hey, look at this thread" but it seems rather weird not to just post in their thread...

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2016, 01:48
1) you can't do. Only Moderators can.
2) maybe at the time you didn't have enough posts/reps? Have you tried just pasting the url in and using the insert hyperlink icons? What happens when you try using each method?

damned
October 29th, 2016, 02:44
Until you have about a dozen posts you cant post links. Just the way it is...

LordBalkoth
October 29th, 2016, 03:33
1) you can't do. Only Moderators can.

Is there a particular moderator I should contact about it?

Until you have about a dozen posts you cant post links. Just the way it is...

Joy. I'd also normally entirely understand...but the links in question are to fantasygrounds.com, y'know? :P Seems that would be sensible to check.

damned
October 29th, 2016, 05:13
Is there a particular moderator I should contact about it?

No, the update isnt really that important - just update the first post yourself and make it bold.

Joy. I'd also normally entirely understand...but the links in question are to fantasygrounds.com, y'know? :P Seems that would be sensible to check.

Its automated. It does what it does. The machine is sentient... but not reasoning...

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 10:46
I changed it for you; but as damned says the title isn't terribly important.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2016, 00:44
FYI - as the original poster of the thread you can change the title until someone has replied to the thread, then the title is fixed and can only be changed by moderators.