View Full Version : Questions on a couple of tags

Brenn
September 17th, 2005, 10:00
<ownedonly />

<noreset />

What do these tags do exactly?

Crusader
September 20th, 2005, 08:16
I would like to know that as well actually.

kalmarjan
September 20th, 2005, 12:35
<noreset />

I know this tag, I think. It means that the player/dm cannot change it. I believe that it is with the <intvalue> tag. (The mousewheel scrollable box) So, if there is a number that you want fixed, so their is no accidental change, this is the tag.

Hope that helps,

Sandeman

Cantstanzya
September 20th, 2005, 17:00
I'm very curious to know what the ownedonly tag is for. I have my hopes up that it is so other characters cannot open up other character sheets when they first log into a game.

Goblin-King
September 21st, 2005, 10:22
<ownedonly />

This one is a parameter you can use with a window list control. Each record has an owner, which basically means that the user specified as the owner, as well as the GM, can modify data in that particular record. This is used on the note sheets to limit the list to only those entries that the player can edit (i.e. is the owner of). The client can receive data for other notes as well (when other players share their notes), but wouldn't be able to edit it, so the parameter is used to restrict the list to the ones owned by the active user.

<noreset />

This is a parameter for number controls. What this does is basically prohibits reseting the number to zero by using the mouse middle button (i.e. wheel button). It's used where you don't want the user to accidentally reset some important number, e.g. ability scores. In some other places, like wounds and temporary modifiers the reset feature is more useful.

Crusader
September 21st, 2005, 12:06
Cool, thanks!

Brenn
September 22nd, 2005, 00:51
Yes, thanks a ton for the clarification!