PDA

View Full Version : Broken Combat Tracker

Maspalio
October 28th, 2016, 13:29
Hello,

I think i have a problem with my Combat Tracker. Working on a ruleset, i have an unzipped folder in my Rulesets folder. Each time i got characters and NPCs in the Combat Tracker, it happens that switching to next actor keeps skipping the NPCs. I tried with a GM session, and two characters i own, connected as different users. As my ruleset is in open mode, i first thought that my problem came from this.

I then tried to compare with a 5E adventure. As it doens't work neither, i looked at the way it's intended to work. In this video, it looks fine :https://youtu.be/80a8xuONrj0?t=39m30s
The thing is i can't reproduce this. My NPCs are still skipped, in the same configuration, jumping from PC to PC, then to next round, and so on.

I then thought it came from the core used ruleset. I launched a Core RPG adventure and the problem is still the same. I have to mention that both 5E and Core RPG folders aren't unzipped and are still .paked.

So i really don't understand where the issue come from... I play with 3.1.7 Fantasy Grounds. The update didn't help when i tried a week ago. Neither 3.2.0, so i revert to live version.

Anyone got the same issue, or know how to get rid of it ? Is it a known issue ?

damned
October 28th, 2016, 13:39
if your NPCs are invisible they will be skipped.

HavocSmurf
October 28th, 2016, 14:08
Yes, make sure to click the little 'eye' symbol and make the tokens visible, then they become active. Cheers

Andraax
October 28th, 2016, 14:43
"Turn: Skip Hidden Actor" can be turned off in options.

Maspalio
October 28th, 2016, 17:32
Thanks a ton, you all. Didn't know about that one. I don't undesrtand at wich point you could have the use of skipping hidden NPCs, but anyway it works now as i peu this option to off. Thanks again.

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2016, 17:44
I skip hidden NPCs all the time, that way the players don't see the CT go "inactive" and then know that their are monsters that they don't yet know about. Helps prevent metagaming (though my players try not to, I try not to give them info their characters don't actually have).

Andraax
October 28th, 2016, 17:45
I skip the hidden tokens because otherwise the players can get a clue as to how many hidden tokens there are. I move them all at the same time in between rounds.

Maspalio
October 28th, 2016, 18:02
Oh ok. I should play more with the Combat Tracker, and it's clear i still need to practice. I'll edit the thread title, cause it's obviously not broken.

Andraax
October 28th, 2016, 18:24
If the hidden tokens are all in a bunch (group of reinforcing orcs, perhaps) you can select them all and move them as one unit. Makes stuff like that go quicker.