PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from a game group who got back together due to FG

Magnimost
October 27th, 2016, 22:34
I'd like to thank the devs for creating Fantasy Grounds, and the entire community for the amazing support you have given me over the past couple of months.

We used to play a bunch of games 15+ years ago, then we dispersed around the world. I was afraid next time we'd play would be in a retirement home. But then my friend found FG and other VTTs, and after too long of hesitation and research into options, we finally bought FG Ultimate Edition early this year.

While the learning curve can be a bit steep, we got into it pretty quickly. FG is at its best when it gets out of the way, and let's the GM and players do the storytelling. We played Call of Cthulhu The Curse of Nineveh (https://shop.cubicle7store.com/The-Curse-of-Nineveh-PDF) campaign over the course of half a year and 28 sessions. We rolled plenty of virtual dice, managed to stop the destruction of earth although London was decimated, and laughed with tears in our eyes. Last weekend started Achtung! Cthulhu with the same characters and time continuum.

This is all thanks to FG. So thank you again for making this amazing program, and your dedication to making it better. And for bringing us back together to game.

vodokar
October 27th, 2016, 22:37
That is one awesome story. So cool.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 22:38
Good work, thanks for sharing.

ddavison
October 28th, 2016, 01:45
Thanks for the share and for saving the world from Cthulhu, :)

damned
October 28th, 2016, 09:12
Thanks for the share and for saving the world from Cthulhu, :)

They may have saved the world but I think they destroyed a good chunk of London :)

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2016, 13:02
They may have saved the world but I think they destroyed a good chunk of London :)
A bunch of those buildings were really old. Time for something new anyway!

Magnimost
October 28th, 2016, 21:56

To be exact, it was (an avatar of) Yog Sothoth which all but destroyed London, not the players. So technically I guess it was me :P

In fairness there may have been "some" collateral damage as the players commandeered an anti-air battery and coordinated seven others to take down the monster.