PDA

View Full Version : Update 3.20 with custom modules

mobley
October 27th, 2016, 19:39
I have a heavily customized LMoP, with pages of additional text and images, maps, encounters etc. If I update my client when 3.20 is released, will this be overwritten / affected?

Trenloe
October 27th, 2016, 19:42
Welcome to the forums mobley. :)

1) We'd always recommend making a backup of your data directories before you upgrade, just in case.
2) When you say "heavily customized LMoP" is this the commercial LMoP with edits made within a campaign? Or is it a LMoP module you put together yourself through PAR5E or the FG GUI?

Either way, the data should come across OK. There may be minor data issues, but if the data works now in v3.1.7 it should work in v3.2.0.

3) Is it just modules/campaign data you've edited? Or, do you have any custom extensions you're using?

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 19:43
Hi mobley and welcome to FG and to the community

The answer you seek is no; provided you don't 'revert changes'. The changes that will be made to LMoP in the forthcoming patch will only affect the actual module itself; so you'll only see those changes if you open LMoP in a new campaign. In your existing campaign any changes you made will remain there and won't be affected by the update. If, however, you right click on the nodule in the Library and select 'revert changes' then anything that you changed will be lost - so don't do that :)

mobley
October 27th, 2016, 19:46
Thanks for the swift answers gents, I can breathe a sigh of relief and update when released! In answer to Trenloe, it's the commercial module with the edits made to the modules/campaign data.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2016, 19:55
...it's the commercial module with the edits made to the modules/campaign data.
Cool, so the key thing is not clicking "revert changes" in your campaign. If you did, you can recover your data - if you made a backup of the FG campaign directory.

Myrdin Potter
October 28th, 2016, 05:44
Unless you do revert changes there are no changes in the campaign at all, not even the bug fixes? Or does it change to whatever the latest version is but your changes are layered over it?

There are a lot of bug fixes coming for PoTA, but I have been running it for a while. If I want to change to one in the active campaign, do I just lose anything text in story entries I changed or everything including drawings?

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2016, 06:25
You can either revert individual records or revert the whole module. Each record that has been edited will be marked with the book and quill icon (as opposed to just the book icon for module records).

If you have made substantial changes, I would recommend a backup of your campaign folders as well.

Regards,
JPG