PDA

View Full Version : Module "gear" question

GunbunnyFuFu
October 27th, 2016, 12:16
Good day!

I'm entering gear into a module via XML, and I was wondering if there was a way to code a "pack" of gear. For example, a survival pack that contained a survival tent, rations, etc. Ideally, picking the "pack" will automatically pull over the gear it contains as well to the player's character sheet. Or the Gear entry for the pack contains links to the items it contains, so that the player can just open the pack entry in the library, and then pull over each link individually. Is this possible, or is there another way to simulate this functionality?

Thanks!

GB

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 12:52
For what ruleset?

It can be done in 5e; there are several packs which have 'contents' and when the pack is dragged from the PHB the contents come with it. I don't know if such functionality is part of CORE but I suspect it may be unique to 5e.

Andraax
October 27th, 2016, 13:29
Create a "parcel". When a parcel is dragged to the inventory tab, it adds all the items. This is CoreRPG functionality.

I have a set of "adventure kits" that I offer to my players - they choose one, I drag it over, and then they can adjust as needed, but it speeds up character creation.

GunbunnyFuFu
October 28th, 2016, 01:54
Zacchaeus,

Savage Worlds Ruleset..it'd be great if it was a part of CORE, though.

Thanks for the information!

Andraax,

Will certainly look at that. That may be the way to handle it.

Thanks!

GB

jeffepp
November 4th, 2016, 13:20
I just did the screen shots of that, for my Tunnels & Trolls tutorial. The equipment section of the rules includes a basic delvers kit. It's a simple "once and done" method. Just remember to export it all to a mod file.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 4th, 2016, 14:07
Jeffepp,

You have a link to your tutorial? I'd like to take a look at it so that I can set it up.

Thanks!

GB

jeffepp
November 4th, 2016, 16:07
I haven't finished writing that part, yet. The first drafts of the first two parts are at Vin's T&T TrollBridge. I can't paste links, yet, so try Google. You will probably need to join to download.