PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug Reports (Continued)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 12:06
Please report all 5e related bug reports in this thread.

The previous (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports) thread has now been closed and all bugs reported in that thread have been fixed and included in V3.2.

Please give details of the module in which the bug appears and give sufficient detail to enable the bug to be found.

You can also find a list of Patch notes here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

kp9911
October 27th, 2016, 12:55
It's that list supposed to have 3.2 as well?

Edit : Checked it back at home as well, cannot see anything for 3.2 as yet, I guess it will be updated when 3.2 hits then.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 15:48
No Patch notes aren't up for 3.2 yet but you can see them in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32034-Test-Release-v3-2-0).

I'm just jumping the gun a little since everything that I had a note of in the bugs list got cleared out last night so I didn't want anything new in the old thread and it keeps things tidy at my end.

7H3LaughingMan
October 27th, 2016, 17:08
It appears that the Carrying Capacity for the Goliath Race isn't correct. It is added as part of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion and something you can purchase for Fantasy Grounds. Mostly referring to the "Powerful Build" trait they have where they are treated as being a large creature for carrying capacity and the weight they can push, drag, or lift.

Note: I have tested this in the current 3.2.0 Build that we can download.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 17:58
It appears that the Carrying Capacity for the Goliath Race isn't correct. It is added as part of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion and something you can purchase for Fantasy Grounds. Mostly referring to the "Powerful Build" trait they have where they are treated as being a large creature for carrying capacity and the weight they can push, drag, or lift.

Note: I have tested this in the current 3.2.0 Build that we can download.

This isn't something that is automated in FG I'm afraid. The carrying capacity is just a simple calculation based on the character's strength.

7H3LaughingMan
October 27th, 2016, 19:11
This isn't something that is automated in FG I'm afraid. The carrying capacity is just a simple calculation based on the character's strength.

It does get the character's size and factors that into the carrying capacity. The main problem is that we have no means to edit it.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 19:56
It does get the character's size and factors that into the carrying capacity. The main problem is that we have no means to edit it.

Sorry, my reply above might not have been all that clear. The carrying capacity (and the variant encumbrance figures) don't take any account of the character's size. A creature with 10 STR can carry a maximum of 150 lb. (15 times it's STR). When you add in the Goliath race the Maximum weight carried goes up to 180 lb because it's STR goes up to 12. In reality it should double to 360 lb. but FG doesn't take account of size when making the calculation.

And yes, you can't edit the numbers. If you'd like to see that added then I suggest you put it on the suggestions list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

7H3LaughingMan
October 27th, 2016, 20:22
Sorry, my reply above might not have been all that clear. The carrying capacity (and the variant encumbrance figures) don't take any account of the character's size. A creature with 10 STR can carry a maximum of 150 lb. (15 times it's STR). When you add in the Goliath race the Maximum weight carried goes up to 180 lb because it's STR goes up to 12. In reality it should double to 360 lb. but FG doesn't take account of size when making the calculation.

And yes, you can't edit the numbers. If you'd like to see that added then I suggest you put it on the suggestions list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

I think you might want to double check that. If you go into Notes and change a player's size to "Large" it will double the carrying capacity. There is some actual code in the 5e Ruleset that causes Fantasy Grounds to check the character's size and based on that determine the multipliers. It will even half your carrying capacity if your are Tiny. It makes it feel like it's a bug because it is checking your character's size, but I still put it on the wish list.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2016, 20:46
Sorry, I'm still not being very clear am I.

Yes, if you change a characters size it will change the carry capacity. But in the case of the Goliath the character's size is medium; it is only for the purpose of carry weight that the carry capacity is increased and FG does not do that automatically and you can't edit the carry capacity manually. I was going to say you shouldn't change the size but actually now that I think about it that won't change anything else since they'll still be correctly scaled on the map

adarosa
October 29th, 2016, 07:56
Moderator: Moved to here from previous destination

The monster manual entry for the Jackalwere does not have the correct effect applied to it. Should be the same as a werewolf for example IMMUNE: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic, !silver but in the Jackalweres case it is missing the !magic, !silver.

Interestingly I was playing around and "fixed" it on the combat tracker by modifying the effect on the Jackalwere but now when I drag and drop the Jackalwere from the Monster Manual entry there is absolutely no effects on the Jackalwere when it is dropped as a new entry in the combat tracker.

Any ideas ?

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 09:33
The issue with the Jackalwere is fixed in the upcoming version which should be out in the next few days.

I don't know exactly what you did but you can't amend the copy of the NPC in the actual Monster Manual so whenever you drag something directly from that volume it will be the same always. You can however edit the NPC in the NPC dialog (Big NPC button on the tight) and if you want to make changed to an NPC this is where you should do it and use that copy to drag to encounters or to the CT. If you did your amendment in the CT then that won't persist. One other point if you amended it in one campaign then unless you exported it the amendments won't show up in another campaign until you open up the module you exported to.

rob2e
October 30th, 2016, 13:43
Seems when dropping a new (unnamed and otherwise not affected in any way) character into the combat tracker, I receive this error. I had another DM confirm this info:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'powers' (a nil value)

rob2e
October 30th, 2016, 15:49
Seems that FG when dropping mobs into the CT does not min HP at 1 when for example a bat's hp is 1d4-1 and it ends up zero, the CT puts it at zero. Should be min 1 yes?

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 16:49
Seems when dropping a new (unnamed and otherwise not affected in any way) character into the combat tracker, I receive this error. I had another DM confirm this info:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'powers' (a nil value)

Not seeing this. I presume what you mean is that you create a character and without doing anything to it you drop it into the CT? Any extensions being used? And I assume v3.1.7?

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 16:54
Seems that FG when dropping mobs into the CT does not min HP at 1 when for example a bat's hp is 1d4-1 and it ends up zero, the CT puts it at zero. Should be min 1 yes?

Not seeing this either. I created an encounter with 30 bats and when placed on the CT the min hp was 1. Again any extensions? v 3.1.7? Any other criteria?

rob2e
October 30th, 2016, 17:44
Not seeing this. I presume what you mean is that you create a character and without doing anything to it you drop it into the CT? Any extensions being used? And I assume v3.1.7?

Ah, extensions! Yes, the problem is occurring due to the "Apply Effect on CT Drop" extension, which makes sense, because that extension is looking for something that doesn't exist. Except perhaps we should notify the maker because shouldn't you be able to code for that contingency?

rob2e
October 30th, 2016, 17:53
Not seeing this either. I created an encounter with 30 bats and when placed on the CT the min hp was 1. Again any extensions? v 3.1.7? Any other criteria?

On this one, I'm going to assume coincidence that you didn't get any zeros. In 3.1.7 with NO extensions, I did 30 bats (NPC hit points set to random) and got four of thirty set at zero.

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 18:51
On this one, I'm going to assume coincidence that you didn't get any zeros. In 3.1.7 with NO extensions, I did 30 bats (NPC hit points set to random) and got four of thirty set at zero.

Alright I'll raise you to 100 bats and still no zeros. Now I am on Test with v 3.2 so it might be something which has been 'fixed'; possibly even inadvertently. I certainly haven't seen the problem reported before in 5e but maybe this is CORE functionality and a problem in another ruleset had come up with a similar issue. Maybe you could try again after 3.2 comes out?

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 18:52
Ah, extensions! Yes, the problem is occurring due to the "Apply Effect on CT Drop" extension, which makes sense, because that extension is looking for something that doesn't exist. Except perhaps we should notify the maker because shouldn't you be able to code for that contingency?

Well, I suppose you could but really why are you dropping a blank PC onto the CT? I do it all the time of course to test stuff out that I see on the forums but normally this wouldn't happen no?

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2016, 18:59
On zero hit points, I believe I saw that addressed before by Moon. I'm guessing in the 3.2 thread and if my memory serves, it is something he fixed.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2016, 21:21
Yeah, I have this in the release notes for v3.2.

[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] Random NPC hit point option could return zero or negative hit points. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 21:30
Jolly good, might have helped if I had remembered that :)

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 20:53
Alright I'll raise you to 100 bats and still no zeros. Now I am on Test with v 3.2 so it might be something which has been 'fixed'; possibly even inadvertently. I certainly haven't seen the problem reported before in 5e but maybe this is CORE functionality and a problem in another ruleset had come up with a similar issue. Maybe you could try again after 3.2 comes out?

Seems fixed with 3.2 THANX!

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 20:55
It seems in the Images/Maps table Storm King's Thunder is not a group choice option even when the module is open?

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 20:58
It seems in the Images/Maps table Storm King's Thunder is not a group choice option even when the module is open?

You are not seeing this?

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 21:06
You are not seeing this?

Correct, I do not see that, BUT, I have every single module I own open, I will endevor to close them one at a time until I find the culprit...

rob2e
November 1st, 2016, 21:18
Hmmm... This may be a problem? No extensions installed here.

Ixion77
November 1st, 2016, 21:19
Since it seems to have a similar problem I note that in my case I do not see group of the various chapters of the OOTA form.
On this form, with the previous version of the client, I had made several changes.
So out of curiosity I took a chance.
I tried to delete the file D & D Out of the Abyss.xml which is located in C: \ ProgramData \ Fantasy Grounds \ campaigns \ campaignname \ moduledb
Without this file, the chapters are properly displayed in the "group".
I then tried again to put the files in place, and once again the chapters do not appear.
It would therefore appear that the problem is related to the presence or absence of user customizations made on a particular module.

My two cents .. hope this can help!

And anyway guys, with this patch you have made an amazing work, the new features are so great!!
I love Fantasy Grounds so much!!!!

Ixion77
November 1st, 2016, 21:30
Again about ranaming in group menu, sometimes the console returns the message:
Script Error: [string "list_category"]:1: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 21:43
Wait: No I can't reproduce. I was looking at the wrong thing. Still working on it.

Ixion77
November 1st, 2016, 22:04
1. In the Story window, select a specific group you have prevoiusly created
2. In the Story Template window, create a new custom Story Template, with some stuff into
2. Generate
3. The new Story entry automatically created, is stored in the None story group, even if in the Story window, you have previously selected a specific group (see point 1)

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 22:17
1. In the Story window, select a specific group you have prevoiusly created
2. In the Story Template window, create a new custom Story Template, with some stuff into
2. Generate
3. The new Story entry automatically created, is stored in the None story group, even if in the Story window, you have previously selected a specific group (see point 1)

All New story entries initially appear in 'None'. To allocate it to a group drag and drop the entry into the group you want it to appear in.

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 22:27
rob2e,
Thanks for report. Let's see if I can reproduce, or Zacchaeus can help me reproduce.

Ixion77,
Which list were you editing groups in when you got the script error? Which entry name were you editing (i.e. what was it named originally)? Can you recreate?
On the group for story templates, that's a good idea, and something I can look at for next minor version update.

Thanks,
JPG

Ixion77
November 1st, 2016, 22:29
All New story entries initially appear in 'None'. To allocate it to a group drag and drop the entry into the group you want it to appear in.

Tnx Zac for the quick reply!
Story templates are amazing! You can also use [NdNx] as table prefix - example [1d3-1x][TableName1] will make 1d3-1 rolls on TableName1 or [2d6x][TableName2] will make 2d6 rolls on TableName2
And you can mixup results with predef texts. So cool feature!!

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 22:35
I've finally found a campaign that was created and run only in 3.1.7 and when I load it in the campaign (in this case HotDQ) doesn't show up in any of the lists. The individual entries are there but in the list drop down the module doesn't appear in images, story etc. If I then rename the folder 'moduledb' and reload FG the module can now be seen in all of the drop downs. Of course any changes to the module are now also gone.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 22:36
Story templates are amazing! You can also use [NdNx] as table prefix - example [1d3-1x][TableName1] will make 1d3-1 rolls on TableName1 or [2d6x][TableName2] will make 2d6 rolls on TableName2

Indeed. More information on Templates here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Story_Templates)

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 22:37
Zacchaeus,

Please send me the moduledb file.

JPG

Ixion77
November 1st, 2016, 23:02
Ixion77,
Which list were you editing groups in when you got the script error? Which entry name were you editing (i.e. what was it named originally)? Can you recreate?
On the group for story templates, that's a good idea, and something I can look at for next minor version update.

About group renaming
In Story > group:

RENAMING FROM
TO

[B10] L'oscuro Terrore della Notte
[ADV] B10 - L'oscuro Terrore della Notte

[B10] L'Oscuro Terrore della Notte (Appendice)
[ADV] B10 - L'Oscuro Terrore della Notte (Appendice)

[B11] King's Festival
[ADV] B11 - King's Festival

B12 - Queen's Harvest
[ADV] B12 - Queen's Harvest

[B6] La Società Velata
[ADV] B6 - La Società Velata

CAVERN OF GOLDEN TEARS
[ADV] Cavern of Golden Tears

[DDA3] The Eye of Traldar
[ADV] DDA3 - The Eye of Traldar

[DDA4] The Dymrak Dread
[ADV] DDA4 - The Dymrak Dread

GFR1 - Prisoners!!!
[ADV] GFR1 - Prisoners!!!

OotA - AppHLP
[ADV] OotA - AppHLP

THE SCENT OF JASMI
[ADV] The Scent oj Jasmine

THE TOWER OF BLACK FLAME
[ADV] The Tower of Black Flame

[TMG1] L'Ascesa di Dhrom Dhum
[ADV] Treshold Magazine #1 - L'Ascesa di Dhrom Dhum

Mystara
[SUP] ATL - Mystara

Il Graducato di Karameikos
[SUP] ATL1 - Il Graducato di Karameikos

Greyhawk
[SUP] Calendar Events: Greyhawk

Encyclopedia Arcane - Tomes and Libraries, Secrets of the written world
[SUP] Encyclopedia Arcane - Tomes and Libraries, Secrets of the written world

Exotic Traps
[SUP] Exotic Traps

[tr]
EXPLORING QUODETH
[SUP] Primeval Thule: Exploring Quodeth

The error occurred while renaming multiple groups. I'm trying to recreate, editing more and more groups, but it's not poping up againg. Looks like limited to my first run after the update.

About further implementations on Story templates (and tables)
What do you think about some logical operators?
Some like if-then-else
For example:
[IF1d100<40][2x][TABLE1][TABLE1] - roll 1d100, if result < 40, roll twice on TABLE1, else make one roll on TABLE2
[IF1d100>60][1d4][TABLE1][1d6][TABLE1] - roll 1d100, if result > 60, make 1d4 rolls on TABLE1, else make 1d6 rolls on TABLE1
[IF1d6=6][TABLE1][TABLE2] - roll 1d6, if result = 6, make one roll on TABLE1, else make one roll on TABLE2

7H3LaughingMan
November 1st, 2016, 23:13
Noticed an issue w/ tables provided by the DMG. Some of the Magic Item Tables have results that are linked to another table. Some of these results aren't linked properly however it seems like when you get one of these results it still rolls on the table. In the screenshot you can see that "Spell Scroll (cantrip)" is linked properly and you can click on it to view the table, but "[Spell Scroll (1st Level)]" and "[Spell Scroll (2nd Level)]" aren't linked.

7H3LaughingMan
November 1st, 2016, 23:25
The only way to assign a certain item into a specific group is by opening the item, switching to the group in question, and then dragging the item by the shield back into the group to assign it. However, if you do this you are creating another item assigned to the group so you not have the original and a copy assigned to the new group. This seems wrong and can be confusing because you can do the following.

1. Create Table (Doesn't have a group)
2. Work on said table a little bit
3. Select Table Group & Drag-n-Drop the table you are working on to assign it to the group.
4. Continue working on the table that is still open
5. Some time later realize you now have two tables and the one you have assigned to the group in question only contains the information you had before you tried to assign it to the group. The one without a group is the one with everything.
6. You then have to make the changes to the original table, or repeat step 3 on the one w/o a group and then delete the two other tables.

This doesn't seem right. Another thing that isn't really a bug but feels wrong is that if you select a group and then create another item it defaults to no group instead of the one you have selected.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 23:25
Noticed an issue w/ tables provided by the DMG. Some of the Magic Item Tables have results that are linked to another table. Some of these results aren't linked properly however it seems like when you get one of these results it still rolls on the table. In the screenshot you can see that "Spell Scroll (cantrip)" is linked properly and you can click on it to view the table, but "[Spell Scroll (1st Level)]" and "[Spell Scroll (2nd Level)]" aren't linked.

I don't think this is a bug; it's working as intended. When you roll on the table it correctly rolls on the spell scrolls table and outputs a link to the scroll. Similarly Ammunition and certain weapons that roll on other tables do the same thing. Not sure why Cantrips is linked since it isn't necessary.

Fudly
November 1st, 2016, 23:32
I updated to 3.2. I doesn't give me the option to delete empty power groups. It doesn't let me delete powers at all.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 23:32
The only way to assign a certain item into a specific group is by opening the item, switching to the group in question, and then dragging the item by the shield back into the group to assign it. However, if you do this you are creating another item assigned to the group so you not have the original and a copy assigned to the new group. This seems wrong and can be confusing because you can do the following.

1. Create Table (Doesn't have a group)
2. Work on said table a little bit
3. Select Table Group & Drag-n-Drop the table you are working on to assign it to the group.
4. Continue working on the table that is still open
5. Some time later realize you now have two tables and the one you have assigned to the group in question only contains the information you had before you tried to assign it to the group. The one without a group is the one with everything.
6. You then have to make the changes to the original table, or repeat step 3 on the one w/o a group and then delete the two other tables.

This doesn't seem right. Another thing that isn't really a bug but feels wrong is that if you select a group and then create another item it defaults to no group instead of the one you have selected.

Hmm, I'm not seeing this. Once I've allocated it to the group it stays there and I don't get a duplicate. Do you mean tables or encounters by the way; your graphic shows encounters but you say tables in the post.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2016, 23:34
I updated to 3.2. I doesn't give me the option to delete empty power groups. It doesn't let me delete powers at all.

I'm not seeing this. When I delete the last entry in a Power Group the whole group goes away. Are you using any extensions? Can you provide a screenshot?

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2016, 23:46
Also, you can edit the group of an entry by dropping down the groups list window, and dragging the link from the records list window to the desired group.

Regards,
JPG

Fudly
November 1st, 2016, 23:55
I unloaded every extension.

There is no - sign on the empty group, and double clicking the - signs on powers does nothing. Also, I don't see how to enable the new library feature.

Fudly
November 2nd, 2016, 00:02
Nevermind, I had unzipped the 3.1.7 pak files, so I was loading the old rulesets in the new version.

maugrim8866
November 2nd, 2016, 00:15
I get the following error when opening the Appendix B: Monster Lists in the DMG reference manual
Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/bulette.jpg)
Image opens when the link is clicked, but does not display automatically.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 00:18
Indeed, that is a known problem which cropped up a couple of days ago. It'll get fixed soon. Thanks for reporting.

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:18
Again about ranaming in group menu, sometimes the console returns the message:
Script Error: [string "list_category"]:1: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

Again the same error when trying to rename the group from 00. The Baleful Coven to [ADV] The Baleful Coven - 00. The Baleful Coven (module just loaded)

swsjr
November 2nd, 2016, 01:27
I get the same script error as Ixion77 except when creating new groups. (I'm missing groups so I tried to create them). I click edit, type in new group name based on the name that is displayed the Story, Encounter, etc window and when I click edit again (to stop editing) I get the script error. The group name appears in the list, is able to be selected, displays the 'grouped' content, but none of it saves when reloading campaign. I can recreate every time.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 01:27
OK, I was finally able to reproduce the list_category script error. The way I recreated was to click on the edit mode toggle, while editing a group name, but before I clicked on a different field or hit Return. If I click on anything else first, I don't get the error. Does that match what you are seeing?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 01:28
Empty groups will not be saved by design. It's a combination of automatic cleanup,along with some backward compatibility items in the database.

Regards,
JPG

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:28
I've finally found a campaign that was created and run only in 3.1.7 and when I load it in the campaign (in this case HotDQ) doesn't show up in any of the lists. The individual entries are there but in the list drop down the module doesn't appear in images, story etc. If I then rename the folder 'moduledb' and reload FG the module can now be seen in all of the drop downs. Of course any changes to the module are now also gone.

Same scenario for me too with LMoP and CoS

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:34
From Spells, filtering by lvl ... -1 (??) ... show the Teleport spell from Rise of Tiamat (with blank description if you click on it)

swsjr
November 2nd, 2016, 01:35
I can confirm the above for my situation. Clicking edit, adding a new group, clicking edit toggle causes script error (every time). Clicking edit, adding new group, clicking somewhere else doesn't cause script error. Group is not saved in either case, and in the second crashed reload and went to backup (which loaded ok)

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:38
Again in Spells window, I can filter also by Domains and Circles, but not by wizardry schools of magic

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:44
Images&Maps: got a forty of blank "New Drawings", all from DMG, and one from one of my old custom group.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2016, 01:48
Those are remnants of old image records from DMG when they were all in the images section, because the image records were modified by opening. If you revert the DMG, these all go away. Haven't figured out what to do about these yet, but working on it....

Thanks,
JPG

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:50
Crucible of Faith - Magma Elemental
in NPCs window
when sorting by type, there are two Elemental groups.
The first one contain only the Magma Elemental. All the others are stored on the second one (many from multiple modules).

Ixion77
November 2nd, 2016, 01:58
OK, I was finally able to reproduce the list_category script error. The way I recreated was to click on the edit mode toggle, while editing a group name, but before I clicked on a different field or hit Return. If I click on anything else first, I don't get the error. Does that match what you are seeing?

I use the TAB key to finalize the edit.

Kricket
November 2nd, 2016, 04:29
Apologies if this has been reported before: Running 3.2.0, the "Haunted One" character background from Curse of Strahd does not appear in Backgrounds, even when the module is loaded and Group is set to All. If I dig into the Story manually and find the description (17.02A), I am unable to drag it, or the shareable link inside, into a PC as their background.

lostsanityreturned
November 2nd, 2016, 05:21
Monster Manual

Lair Actions are only applicable to Dragons with legendary actions. Not Wyrmlings or Young dragons. In the monster manual it states that lairs of legendary dragons can manifest the effects.

PoTA

DessarinValleyPlayer and DessarinValleyDM are still both the old version of the map. This is made problematic as the descriptive text has been updated with the errata changes and the original map does not fit with those changes (as well as having discrepancy issues which lead it to being changed in the first place)
Two of the temple entrances locations are in different places now and the scale of the map is 1 hex 4 miles.

Quoted from the errata
"The Dessarin Valley Map (p. 32).
The map’s scale has been
corrected: 1 hex = 4 miles.
The positions of Sacred Stone Monastery and Rivergard Keep
have been swapped, and the X of the latter is now closer to
the river."
https://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/PotA-Errata.pdf

Updated map was made available here for free by mike sheley
https://prints.mikeschley.com/p763166286/h1c53b7b4#h1c53b7b4

JohnD
November 2nd, 2016, 06:38
I get the following error in 3.2 whenever I try to open a picture from the 5e NPC Skullduggery product that are at the top of the list with a "<<new drawing>>" name:

Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/BlackMast.png)

(change for whatever the name of the picture is) - the picture opens a blank grey screen.

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 09:07
https://puu.sh/s3NaH/cce867edce.png
Some of the portraits show up like that. That's the aarackora (sp?)
Dragonborn has one https://puu.sh/s3Nca/fe892a03e5.png
Dwarf has 4 https://puu.sh/s3NcE/b28f71715d.png
As does elf https://puu.sh/s3NcU/282508f19e.png
All the genasi https://puu.sh/s3Ndj/dcc6db9a4d.png
3 gnomes https://puu.sh/s3Ndv/a314e77821.png
The goliath https://puu.sh/s3NdN/1ee5d02908.png
One half-elf https://puu.sh/s3Nef/13549b0b8a.png
2 half orcs https://puu.sh/s3NeA/2e938d3f61.png
2 Halfling https://puu.sh/s3NeV/ede7d9d837.png
A huge swathe of human https://puu.sh/s3NfE/041b8ed673.png
2 tieflings https://puu.sh/s3Ngx/28d5a2b30c.png

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:05
Apologies if this has been reported before: Running 3.2.0, the "Haunted One" character background from Curse of Strahd does not appear in Backgrounds, even when the module is loaded and Group is set to All. If I dig into the Story manually and find the description (17.02A), I am unable to drag it, or the shareable link inside, into a PC as their background.

It has never been possible to drag/drop this background since it's not in a reference module (like the PHB). Furthermore it won't appear as a background anywhere. To use it navigate to Appendix A and open the story entry at 17.02. Now click the 'Shareable' link and share that sheet that opens with the player. They'll then have to update their character manually with the background information.

xanstin
November 2nd, 2016, 12:06
Some stuff that happen to my game last night.
-POTAs original story tabs didn't convert into groups so it was just one long list of story of entries.
- spells weren't dealing half damage on save nor was evasion working as before
-rolled attacks randomly showed it was targeting the NPC but didn't show hit or miss (worked properly if you dropped target and retargeted a couple times and re-rolled)
-carry equipped flag wasn't working the same on all sheets some showed it in actions page some didn't.
-spell /power daily/rest option disappeared and only number appeared

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:10
Monster Manual

Lair Actions are only applicable to Dragons with legendary actions. Not Wyrmlings or Young dragons. In the monster manual it states that lairs of legendary dragons can manifest the effects.

Hmm, not sure how that crept in; thanks for reporting.

PoTA

DessarinValleyPlayer and DessarinValleyDM are still both the old version of the map. This is made problematic as the descriptive text has been updated with the errata changes and the original map does not fit with those changes (as well as having discrepancy issues which lead it to being changed in the first place)
Two of the temple entrances locations are in different places now and the scale of the map is 1 hex 4 miles.

Quoted from the errata
"The Dessarin Valley Map (p. 32).
The map’s scale has been
corrected: 1 hex = 4 miles.
The positions of Sacred Stone Monastery and Rivergard Keep
have been swapped, and the X of the latter is now closer to
the river."
https://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/PotA-Errata.pdf

Updated map was made available here for free by mike sheley
https://prints.mikeschley.com/p763166286/h1c53b7b4#h1c53b7b4

Yes, this has come up several times before. The problem is, I think, that WotC hasn't provided any amended maps. I'm not sure if we can use Mike's ones or not. I'll investigate.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:15
I get the following error in 3.2 whenever I try to open a picture from the 5e NPC Skullduggery product that are at the top of the list with a "<<new drawing>>" name:

Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/BlackMast.png)

(change for whatever the name of the picture is) - the picture opens a blank grey screen.

Yes, you will get such an error. Ignore any New Drawings. There are some problems with things like this showing up and it is being investigated.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:18
https://puu.sh/s3NaH/cce867edce.png
Some of the portraits show up like that. That's the aarackora (sp?)
Dragonborn has one https://puu.sh/s3Nca/fe892a03e5.png
Dwarf has 4 https://puu.sh/s3NcE/b28f71715d.png
As does elf https://puu.sh/s3NcU/282508f19e.png
All the genasi https://puu.sh/s3Ndj/dcc6db9a4d.png
3 gnomes https://puu.sh/s3Ndv/a314e77821.png
The goliath https://puu.sh/s3NdN/1ee5d02908.png
One half-elf https://puu.sh/s3Nef/13549b0b8a.png
2 half orcs https://puu.sh/s3NeA/2e938d3f61.png
2 Halfling https://puu.sh/s3NeV/ede7d9d837.png
A huge swathe of human https://puu.sh/s3NfE/041b8ed673.png
2 tieflings https://puu.sh/s3Ngx/28d5a2b30c.png

I'm not seeing this. Are you running any extensions? Is it possible that FG hasn't updated correctly?

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 12:28
Some stuff that happen to my game last night.
-POTAs original story tabs didn't convert into groups so it was just one long list of story of entries.
- spells weren't dealing half damage on save nor was evasion working as before
-rolled attacks randomly showed it was targeting the NPC but didn't show hit or miss (worked properly if you dropped target and retargeted a couple times and re-rolled)
-carry equipped flag wasn't working the same on all sheets some showed it in actions page some didn't.
-spell /power daily/rest option disappeared and only number appeared

Story tabs not appearing is being investigated.

All of the other things are working fine for me. Are you running any extensions? If so switch these off and try again or start a new campaign without the extensions and see if that fixes the problem. Not every extension has been updated to work with 3.2 so you might well have to disable them for a while until they are.

If that doesn't fix the problem then make sure that the PCs and NPCs have been correctly added to the CT before being dragged to the map; if this isn't done correctly then there will be problems with targeting and thus half damage and evasion won't work either.

xanstin
November 2nd, 2016, 12:35
I will try when I get out of work, I believe the only extension I had was the remove effect. I added the PC as normal and used the encounter add feature right from PotA encounters then used the green helmet to add PCs to map, NPCs were auto placed by encounter entry.

7H3LaughingMan
November 2nd, 2016, 13:56
Hmm, I'm not seeing this. Once I've allocated it to the group it stays there and I don't get a duplicate. Do you mean tables or encounters by the way; your graphic shows encounters but you say tables in the post.

It is both Tables & Encounters. I created a video to show what I was talking about, also figure out how to actually apply a table/encounter/object to a specific group without creating a duplicate.

https://youtu.be/u6dMvGmtAxM

7H3LaughingMan
November 2nd, 2016, 14:09
I don't think this is a bug; it's working as intended. When you roll on the table it correctly rolls on the spell scrolls table and outputs a link to the scroll. Similarly Ammunition and certain weapons that roll on other tables do the same thing. Not sure why Cantrips is linked since it isn't necessary.

Well, it seems like a working as intended that can't be consistent.

Magic Item Table A
Spell Scroll (cantrip) - Linked
Spell Scroll (1st Level) - Not Linked
Spell Scroll (2nd Level) - Not Linked

Magic Item Table B
Potion of Resistance - Not Linked
Amunition +1 - Not Linked
Spell Scroll (2nd Level) - Linked
Spell Scroll (3rd Level) - Linked
Mariner's Armor - Not Linked
Mithral Armor - Not Linked

Magic Item Table C
Spell Scroll (4th Level) - Not Linked
Amunition +2 - Not Linked
Spell Scroll (5th Level) - Linked
Scroll of Protection - Not Linked

Magic Item Table D
Spell Scroll (6th Level) - Not Linked
Spell Scroll (7th Level) - Not Linked
Ammunition +3 - Not Linked
Spell Scroll (8th Level) - Not Linked

So on some tables they aren't linked while the exact same thing on another table is linked. It applies to the other tables as well and gets even stranger when you are looking at the other ones since there are more items in the table and half of the ones that involve rolling on another table are linked while the other half aren't.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 14:13
Well, it seems like a working as intended that can't be consistent.

Indeed.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 14:19
It is both Tables & Encounters. I created a video to show what I was talking about, also figure out how to actually apply a table/encounter/object to a specific group without creating a duplicate.

https://youtu.be/u6dMvGmtAxM

What you are doing is closing the Group window.

Proceed as follows:

Create a New Group; do not close the Group Window
Make sure 'All' is selected
Create a New Table/encounter etc
Drag to the Group you created
Rinse/Repeat

lostsanityreturned
November 2nd, 2016, 14:39
Noticed I keep getting
"Script Error: [string "list_category"]:1: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)" when I try and edit the group names (seems like editing the group names kept them from being removed later on)

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 14:46
Noticed I keep getting
"Script Error: [string "list_category"]:1: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)" when I try and edit the group names (seems like editing the group names kept them from being removed later on)

Do you have any extensions running? If so check whether they have been updated and retest with the new version. Otherwise disable any extensions to see if that solves the issue. If not can you give me nore details since I can't reproduce the problem

lostsanityreturned
November 2nd, 2016, 15:03
Do you have any extensions running? If so check whether they have been updated and retest with the new version. Otherwise disable any extensions to see if that solves the issue. If not can you give me nore details since I can't reproduce the problem
Fresh installation, fresh campaign no extensions running.

It isn't a common error but it seems related to groups.

I am currently trying to figure out how I can get Princes of the Apocalypse to load and then keep it's group names. They disappear if they aren't renamed after the program is closed to desktop and then opened again. Any group that has contents that have been edited remains and any group that has it's name changed remains.
While editing the items page I got that error twice, and then again while editing the group names in the tables page.

I have since restarted the program and the groups I did not name have disappeared (their contents and group are still visible as items when the all group is selected though). Both existing PoTA campaigns I am running have lost all of their non edited chapters too (which is what spurred me to experiment).

-edit-
And now swapping to the Dungeon Masters guide entry in the items page has duplicates of over half the items popping up. All fully filled out though.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 15:29
Fresh installation, fresh campaign no extensions running.

It isn't a common error but it seems related to groups.

I am currently trying to figure out how I can get Princes of the Apocalypse to load and then keep it's group names. They disappear if they aren't renamed after the program is closed to desktop and then opened again. Any group that has contents that have been edited remains and any group that has it's name changed remains.
While editing the items page I got that error twice, and then again while editing the group names in the tables page.

I have since restarted the program and the groups I did not name have disappeared (their contents and group are still visible as items when the all group is selected though). Both existing PoTA campaigns I am running have lost all of their non edited chapters too (which is what spurred me to experiment).

-edit-
And now swapping to the Dungeon Masters guide entry in the items page has duplicates of over half the items popping up. All fully filled out though.

There is an issue with module categories not appearing which is being investigated. If you change the name (or edit one) then FG will see that as a new category and you would have to drag/drop all the story entries into the new (edited) group name for them to be attached to that group. If you change a name and then look at the story entries you will see that they all now have a book and pen icon meaning that they have been edited. The edit is that they no longer have a category since it has been edited - I think.

I have a vague knowledge that Moon Wizard may have traced the error you mentioned but I can't find the post. I'll keep digging.

lostsanityreturned
November 2nd, 2016, 17:02
There is an issue with module categories not appearing which is being investigated. If you change the name (or edit one) then FG will see that as a new category and you would have to drag/drop all the story entries into the new (edited) group name for them to be attached to that group. If you change a name and then look at the story entries you will see that they all now have a book and pen icon meaning that they have been edited. The edit is that they no longer have a category since it has been edited - I think.

I have a vague knowledge that Moon Wizard may have traced the error you mentioned but I can't find the post. I'll keep digging.

That is why I was mentioning the error, it didn't occur until I was editing the group names, figured if it had any connection it was worth mentioning. Also there were minor program stalls that occurred just before the error.

Nah the renamed groups do not cause all entries to have the pen and book icon, they are open book as per normal. Editing one does leave a pen icon.

After a fair bit of testing, renaming groups is a stopgap solution. Once renamed the group stays active and selectable. Anything that isn't is reliably removed on a complete program restart and launch of the session.

Goodluck :)

7H3LaughingMan
November 2nd, 2016, 21:25
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems like anything you place in for "Special Move" isn't displayed in the Combat Tracker. Added a swim speed of 30 ft. similar to a Lizardfolk but it isn't shown like it is for the Lizardfolk itself.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 21:55
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems like anything you place in for "Special Move" isn't displayed in the Combat Tracker. Added a swim speed of 30 ft. similar to a Lizardfolk but it isn't shown like it is for the Lizardfolk itself.

I don't think it's a bug either. The only thing ported onto the CT from the character sheet is their speed. I suspect the NPC speed is ported over becasue it's all in the one line.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 22:00

Moon Wizard just pushed a hotfix for this. Has this solved the problem?

xanstin
November 2nd, 2016, 22:32
Story tabs not appearing is being investigated.

All of the other things are working fine for me. Are you running any extensions? If so switch these off and try again or start a new campaign without the extensions and see if that fixes the problem. Not every extension has been updated to work with 3.2 so you might well have to disable them for a while until they are.

If that doesn't fix the problem then make sure that the PCs and NPCs have been correctly added to the CT before being dragged to the map; if this isn't done correctly then there will be problems with targeting and thus half damage and evasion won't work either.

With new patch from today it looks like POTA now shows story tabs in new groups option.

Ok so I removed the REMOVE effect and GM Icon Extension and damage seems to be working on spells with 1/2 and evasion now.

Once extensions removed was unable to also reproduce hit/miss not showing.

The weapons on action page seem to now be affected by Preparation/Standard/Combat toggle on bottom (so operator error on that one :) ).

Also now apparently only the Powers labeled group can have individual actions that have a daily or rest option. If you make a custom group it seems that you can only select it for the group and not per power. Number field is still available for slots. (operator error again with change)

xanstin
November 2nd, 2016, 22:48
Went back and enabled both extensions and it all seems to be working now. NPC in question was the Flamewrath using fireball and burning hands. I think one of the PC's had the problem too but I cant recall.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 22:50
Also now apparently only the Powers labeled group can have individual actions that have a daily or rest option. If you make a custom group it seems that you can only select it for the group and not per power. Number field is still available for slots. (operator error again with change)

You need to give the group a name (in the right hand box) then you will be able to edit the group. Without a name it isn't a group - just a 'thing'. :)

EDIT: Oh, and the DM Icon extension should not be causing problems; I have that operating and no difficulties that I can see.

xanstin
November 2nd, 2016, 22:57
I understand that part. See the picture. Before any custom group you created (ex Ki powers or Items, etc) you could define the powers individually for short rest or long reset like seen in the picture under unnamed powers. In the defined groups you can only select it at the magnifying glass as a global selection applying the same rest state for all sub powers vs each one individually.

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 22:58
I'm not seeing this. Are you running any extensions? Is it possible that FG hasn't updated correctly?

No extensions running.
I suppose it's possible it didnt update correctly. Maybe a fresh install would be necessary?

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2016, 23:00
Went back and enabled both extensions and it all seems to be working now.
Make sure you check all extensions you use for compatibility updates. A lot of extensions will need to be updated for FG v3.2.0, don't assume they'll just work.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 23:08
I understand that part. See the picture. Before any custom group you created (ex Ki powers or Items, etc) you could define the powers individually for short rest or long reset like seen in the picture under unnamed powers. In the defined groups you can only select it at the magnifying glass as a global selection applying the same rest state for all sub powers vs each one individually.

Ok, I'm with you now. Yes, that has to be a bug. If you create a power by clicking on the blue star and, without doing anything else, finish editing and go to Preparation Mode you'll see that the daily/rest box appears. You can edit that but as soon as you give the power group a name it disappears. Well spotted, I'll push that up the line. Thanks for reporting.

Zacchaeus
November 2nd, 2016, 23:16
No extensions running.
I suppose it's possible it didnt update correctly. Maybe a fresh install would be necessary?

Certainly run another update; there's been a couple of hotfixes today so updates are available. Check also your FG/Rulesets folder for any strange .tmp files or anything that isn't a .pak file. Delete them. You can also try renaming the folder and try another update.

lostsanityreturned
November 3rd, 2016, 00:54
Issue pertaining to:
"[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] Weapons will be equipped by default, and will be hidden in the PC Actions tab combat mode or mini window if not equipped."

Doesn't work this way.
Initial import of a weapon does it as it used to. Upon removal of the weapon and re-import it adds equipped, not held and unequipped as an icon in the actions menu as well as the inventory.

Neither time has the unequipped options remove the weapon from the actions tab.

(this may not be the time, but I figured it was worth mentioning. 5e really needs two more modifiers in the bottom left hand corner. Offhand and Dodge, dodge being a disadvantage toggle for the DM when lots of creatures are attacking a player who is dodging. Or maybe even two effect giving buttons on the actions page... just so I don't have to create actions for every player sheet, ever time -laughs-)

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 01:22
Neither time has the unequipped options remove the weapon from the actions tab.
Uneqipping does not remove the weapon from the action tab, it hides it when in "Combat" mode (or on the mini sheet for those rulesets that support it). You'll still see the weapons if Mode = "Preparation" or "Standard".

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 01:26
dodge being a disadvantage toggle for the DM when lots of creatures are attacking a player who is dodging.
You should be using the effects system for this. Apply the GRANTDISATK effect to the dodging creature and any attack against them will be at disadvantage.

More info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Modifiers

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 01:35
You should be using the effects system for this. Apply the GRANTDISATK effect to the dodging creature and any attack against them will be at disadvantage.

More info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Modifiers

For many tables Modifiers are simpler to use :)

lostsanityreturned
November 3rd, 2016, 05:04
Discovered a major issue with the item button, adding multiple modules (say PHB, DMG and a campaign) will slow the program down to a crawl when opening the group menu of the items window. And even freezing the program for 5-10 seconds at a time if it has happened a few times. I didn't notice this happening before the hotfixes and had spent time messing with the new sorting features specifically.

Actually it is better to use the Dodge effect

I already create powers for each player character that looks like this:
Dodge;[SELF];[D:1];

It would be great for DM's like myself who tend to rotate players and player characters through our games frequently. So that we don't have to create a dodge power for every player every time. Given that it is one of the most common combat actions in the game.

As for the Offhand side of things these effects can work I guess. But it adds to what is already a fairly populated list of powers for many characters.
Offhand; DMG:[-DEX];[ACTION];[SELF];
Offhand; DMG:[-STR];[ACTION];[SELF];

I believe it would be more intuitive if there was a fourth category along side the standard three (melee, ranged and thrown). This would work in a similar fashion to how thrown weapons currently work, automatically add an extra weapon with the "offhand" category set to any weapon with the light property that is equipped. It would do the weapon damage sans ability modifier (just set to nul)
It is a pretty big convenience option given that offhand attacks with weapons are so common and adding it as a gm tends to be a hassle, especially if a player gets a new weapon mid session.
Currently I just get the player to roll the die and I subtract the HP manually, but some players get a bit confused as the night drags on and go to click on the damage dice in the actions menu automatically, which leads to me having to fix the damage done to the target and then edit in the correct damage result.

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2016, 06:32
It would be great for DM's like myself who tend to rotate players and player characters through our games frequently.
Put it the campaign effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Effects) then. One entry and let the players know where it is. You can even export campaign effects into a module, so you can load it up in every campaign, keeping GM setup effort to a minimum.

So that we don't have to create a dodge power for every player every time. Given that it is one of the most common combat actions in the game.
Each game varies. In the regular 5E game that I play in dodge is hardly used, I'd estimate less than a half-dozen times a session (usually only once or twice).

The effects system gives you the flexibility to setup your campaign how you want it, without over cluttering the main desktop real-estate. Others might want it differently and effects allow that flexibility.

But, if you really want a Dodge button on the desktop, let the developers consider it and make that decision - log your request in the official FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

rob2e
November 3rd, 2016, 07:19
Moon Wizard just pushed a hotfix for this. Has this solved the problem?

This seems fixed. ThanX!

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 10:50
Discovered a major issue with the item button, adding multiple modules (say PHB, DMG and a campaign) will slow the program down to a crawl when opening the group menu of the items window. And even freezing the program for 5-10 seconds at a time if it has happened a few times. I didn't notice this happening before the hotfixes and had spent time messing with the new sorting features specifically.

This is known about. The cause is having the window long and short. Reduce the width of the window will fix it.

Actually it is better to use the Dodge effect

Agreed it is; I also agree with Trenloe, I rarely see it used since it takes an action and players won't use up an action to dodge. And I would also put it on the Effects menu or I would push it back onto the players to create the effect themselves if they are so keen on dodging about.

As for the Offhand side of things these effects can work I guess. But it adds to what is already a fairly populated list of powers for many characters.
Offhand; DMG:[-DEX];[ACTION];[SELF];
Offhand; DMG:[-STR];[ACTION];[SELF];

Much easier just to create a new weapon line for the offhand attack.

I believe it would be more intuitive if there was a fourth category along side the standard three (melee, ranged and thrown). This would work in a similar fashion to how thrown weapons currently work, automatically add an extra weapon with the "offhand" category set to any weapon with the light property that is equipped. It would do the weapon damage sans ability modifier (just set to nul)
It is a pretty big convenience option given that offhand attacks with weapons are so common and adding it as a gm tends to be a hassle, especially if a player gets a new weapon mid session.
Currently I just get the player to roll the die and I subtract the HP manually, but some players get a bit confused as the night drags on and go to click on the damage dice in the actions menu automatically, which leads to me having to fix the damage done to the target and then edit in the correct damage result.
Add it to the wish list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/)

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 10:51
This seems fixed. ThanX!

With the latest patch, modules category are shown up in Group.
Now if you rename them, they are all saved in C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\campaignname\moduledb\modulename .xml.
But when you open up again FG, some of the modified names are properly loaded, others revert back to the original version.
At this point, when the autosave or /save command run, the not-loaded customizations are lost.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 11:12
Is this an existing campaign that was running prior to V3.2?
What names are you changing? Names from your campaign that you created or names from official modules?
A little more detail and steps to be able to reproduce please since I can't see this

lostsanityreturned
November 3rd, 2016, 11:43
This is known about. The cause is having the window long and short. Reduce the width of the window will fix it.

Agreed it is; I also agree with Trenloe, I rarely see it used since it takes an action and players won't use up an action to dodge. And I would also put it on the Effects menu or I would push it back onto the players to create the effect themselves if they are so keen on dodging about.

Much easier just to create a new weapon line for the offhand attack.

Add it to the wish list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/)

Yup, thanks. Items are usable again :)

I often see it taken as an action by spellcasters or rogues looking to get out of dangerous situations and perhaps most often by fighters jumping into large combats with the intent of taking out key targets. An action surge used to grant advantage on all dex saves and disadvantage on all attacks, ranged attacks and spell attacks is generally really quite powerful in larger battles. It generally occurs once every combat in my games.

I think a button near the conditions in the effects menu would be a nice option. Pushing it onto the player to create is something I am iffy about but that could be more to do with the sheer lack of computer skills a large number of players I go through have. I know it is ideal to push people to do these things, but given how often I am teaching the game to new players it is nice to just get them thinking about the game rules rather than anything else.

Personally I don't find creating a new weapon line being easier in the long run, it takes 21 clicks to negate the base ability modifier alone and it only applies to the weapon you are creating (as well as having to rework any extra damage effects the weapon may have if it is magical), I suppose I could set a negative modifier with how rare attribute changes are in 5e. Before the current equipped/unequipped change it would have created a lot of mess but it isn't too bad now I guess. At the moment the effect toggles work better for me and once set up work on any weapon.
My request/suggestion is more to do with ease of use within the program than a necessity for me. Otherwise the automation sits in a weird zone where it is helpful when automated, but other times I just wonder if it would be easier to just run it the old fashioned way -laughs- minor niggles but I will add it to the wish list regardless.

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 11:48
Hola lostsanityreturned - small diversion from the main thread/topic... when Im introducing a new player into an existing campaign I hand them the character sheet of the last player to leave. Creates some continuity and cuts down heavily on setup time. If the player sticks around I let them roll up their own after 2 or 3 sessions. Most dont - they stick with the character and keep playing :) Saves me plenty of time.

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 12:06
Is this an existing campaign that was running prior to V3.2?
Yes

What names are you changing? Names from your campaign that you created or names from official modules?
Names from official and unofficial modules.
examples:
Exotic Traps: have only one Group named Exotic Traps, tried to rename it to [SUP] Exotic Traps
DD Hoard of the Dragon Queen: have multiple Groups, tryed to rename (Hoard of the Dragon Queen) to [ADV] Hoard of the Dragon Queen - (Hoard of the Dragon Queen)
5E The Breaking of Forstor Nagar: from (The Breaking of Forstor Nagar) to [ADV] The Breaking of Forstor Nagar or to [ADV] The Breaking of Forstor Nagar (The Breaking of Forstor Nagar)
Crucible of Faith: from Crucible of Faith to [ADV] Crucible of Faith

A little more detail and steps to be able to reproduce please since I can't see this
1. Open Story
2. Click drop down Group menu
3. Click Edit groups
4. Click on one field
5. Type new text
6. Click out of the field
7. Repeat from step 4 for more records
8. close Edit groups
9. close FG
10. Check folder C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\campaignname\moduledb
11. modulename.xml correctly storing the new names
12. open again FG
13. open story > drop down Group > names reverted back to orignal
14. Check folder C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\campaignname\moduledb, the modulename.xml files, still correctly storing the modified names (!)
15. autosave run, modified names stored in modulename.xml files revets back to original version

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 12:56
Personally I don't find creating a new weapon line being easier in the long run, it takes 21 clicks to negate the base ability modifier alone and it only applies to the weapon you are creating (as well as having to rework any extra damage effects the weapon may have if it is magical), I suppose I could set a negative modifier with how rare attribute changes are in 5e. Before the current equipped/unequipped change it would have created a lot of mess but it isn't too bad now I guess. At the moment the effect toggles work better for me and once set up work on any weapon.

I may be missing something but, yes, if the PC already has the weapon in their inventory (which they must do) then there will already be a fully set up weapon in the actions tab, including any magical damage or bonuses or anything else that can be attached to the weapon properties. Edit the weapon name to include (offhand) or whatever and then in the damage dialog enter a negative bonus equal to the bonus from their attribute. No 21 clicks or anything else necessary.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 13:21
Yes

Names from official and unofficial modules.
examples:
Exotic Traps: have only one Group named Exotic Traps, tried to rename it to [SUP] Exotic Traps
DD Hoard of the Dragon Queen: have multiple Groups, tryed to rename (Hoard of the Dragon Queen) to [ADV] Hoard of the Dragon Queen - (Hoard of the Dragon Queen)
5E The Breaking of Forstor Nagar: from (The Breaking of Forstor Nagar) to [ADV] The Breaking of Forstor Nagar or to [ADV] The Breaking of Forstor Nagar (The Breaking of Forstor Nagar)
Crucible of Faith: from Crucible of Faith to [ADV] Crucible of Faith

1. Open Story
2. Click drop down Group menu
3. Click Edit groups
4. Click on one field
5. Type new text
6. Click out of the field
7. Repeat from step 4 for more records
8. close Edit groups
9. close FG
10. Check folder C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\campaignname\moduledb
11. modulename.xml correctly storing the new names
12. open again FG
13. open story > drop down Group > names reverted back to orignal
14. Check folder C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\campaignname\moduledb, the modulename.xml files, still correctly storing the modified names (!)
15. autosave run, modified names stored in modulename.xml files revets back to original version

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. The renamed entries persist for me. I'll keep working on it though.

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 15:02
Hmm, I can't reproduce this. The renamed entries persist for me. I'll keep working on it though.

wanna try with my moduledb xml local files?

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2016, 16:50
wanna try with my moduledb xml local files?

Have you got an untanted file i.e the one where you have not renamed anything. If so you could post that.

EDIT: Wait I might be on to something. So if you rename a chapter which has no amended story entries in it then when you come back into FG then the renamed chapter heading will have been replaced with the previous name. This is expected behaviour I think since FG will look for any amended Story entries in the moduledb and if it doesn't find any it will pull the entries from the actual module. However if I amend a chapter heading which does have amended story entries then when we go back into FG that heading will still be there BUT only those story entries that have been amended will be present within the chapter. Again this is the same as above FG is looking for entries which have been amended and pulls those from the moduledb and not from the actual module.

So, I think if you want to rename modules like that you'll need to drag/drop all of the entries into the chapter with the new name. I'll find out if this is indeed expected behaviour or not.

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 17:14
Have you got an untanted file i.e the one where you have not renamed anything. If so you could post that.

Unfortunately no.
Another strange thing. For example for the module Out fo the abyss:
renamed 01. Chapter 1: Prisoners of the Drow and 02. Chapter 2: Into Darkness to [ADV] Out of the Abyss - 01 Chapter 1: Prisoners of the Drow and [ADV] Out of the Abyss - 02 . Chapter 2: Into Darkness. The changes are saved, and closing and reopening FG are maintained properly.
Instead for 00. Out of the Abyss renamed to [ADV] Out of the Abyss - 00. Out of the Abyss > close FG > open again > name back to 00. Out of the Abyss.
Maybe ther is some cross reference links in my [...]/moduledb/modulename.xml files due to customization that FG won't handle properly?

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 17:38

EDIT: Wait I might be on to something. So if you rename a chapter which has no amended story entries in it then when you come back into FG then the renamed chapter heading will have been replaced with the previous name. This is expected behaviour I think since FG will look for any amended Story entries in the moduledb and if it doesn't find any it will pull the entries from the actual module. However if I amend a chapter heading which does have amended story entries then when we go back into FG that heading will still be there BUT only those story entries that have been amended will be present within the chapter. Again this is the same as above FG is looking for entries which have been amended and pulls those from the moduledb and not from the actual module.

So, I think if you want to rename modules like that you'll need to drag/drop all of the entries into the chapter with the new name. I'll find out if this is indeed expected behaviour or not.

You got it Zacchaeus!
Screenshots from my OOtA module - Group 02. Chapter 2: Into Darkness and [ADV] Out of the Abyss - 02. Chapter 2: Into Darkness
And if you need here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4fqa9m8zdeexry/moduledb.zip?dl=0) is my backup copy of my moduledb folder, previous 3.2 patch update.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2016, 18:27
Thanks for the info Ixion77. Zacchaeus has bundled it up into a nice e-mail for me to look at.

Regards,
JPG

Ixion77
November 3rd, 2016, 18:34
Thanks for the info Ixion77. Zacchaeus has bundled it up into a nice e-mail for me to look at.

Regards,
JPG

i'm who thank you, this patch is amazing, and thank you for the attention you give to every post

Echomikedelta
November 3rd, 2016, 23:51
Bad extention, all extensions removed.

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 03:15
Im still having the 1/2 damage problem. When I use the CT actions and roll the con save on selected targets it then doesn't apply half damage. See picture.16033

It started happening during an actual game. The testing I did after the first post was just me in the CT alone. All extensions are disabled. I rolled a bunch of times to test. If only 1 save it works like in my solo testing. When multiple characters save 2+ it stops working.

boppermann
November 4th, 2016, 04:37
2 things I found with a game I ran tonight (3.2 Ultimate).

1. Aid attempts to heal instead of adding temp hit points, if characters were at maximum, it wouldn't give them the temp HP.
2. Character had 26 total HP, +5 for Aid. Had taken 12 damage, then was hit by an Ogre for 19. FG gave him instant death instead of putting him at 0.

Myridden
November 4th, 2016, 06:40
I think I might have found an issue with 3.2 - Ultimate.

I parsed in the latest Ranger Playtest from Unearthed Arcana - I was previously able to use all of the content without issue. After upgrading, I can still use the main class, but the "Features" on the "Class Ability" record can't be dropped into the character sheet. Interestingly - I can drop the Feature links into a "Note" (Test) and also into a blank manually created "Features" entry (Beast Test).

The first screenshot is the attempt at creating a new character - the second is a character previously created prior to 3.2 using this custom content. (All of the links were opened directly from the character record on the second screenshot - so they're still working, I just can't make another character.

Side note - and probably out of scope here. I've never been able to get the conclave choices to pop up with the parsed content (though the sorcerer base class does display the parsed Favored Soul as an option - or did before 3.2, I haven't tested since) I suspect that's because the sorcerer base class is coded that way in the PHB content and the parsed bloodline is picked up from the bloodline tag - but something is missing from the parsed RangerUA class (since it's a complete overhaul). I know Par5e has been further developed past the publicly available version - have you guys ever considered packaging the developed branch and offering it as a purchasable product? It's amazing as it is, but I for one would put some money down for a further developed version with all the enhancements.

Regards,

Myridden

villadelfia
November 4th, 2016, 06:44
Two things:

1. Cones are suddenly only 45 degrees since 3.2.0, I know this is as it should be "by the book", but many people are used to 3.5e/4e style cones. Please re-add those.
2. The encounter "02 Drow Hunting Party" in out of the abyss has non-transparent tokens.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 12:48
Im still having the 1/2 damage problem. When I use the CT actions and roll the con save on selected targets it then doesn't apply half damage. See picture.

It started happening during an actual game. The testing I did after the first post was just me in the CT alone. All extensions are disabled. I rolled a bunch of times to test. If only 1 save it works like in my solo testing. When multiple characters save 2+ it stops working.

I'm not clear on how you are making the rolls because your picture isn't showing the same as I would expect from my graphic. As you can see this seems to be working - certainly for me. Also make sure you have the option Target: Remove on miss set to 'multi'

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 12:59
2 things I found with a game I ran tonight (3.2 Ultimate).

1. Aid attempts to heal instead of adding temp hit points, if characters were at maximum, it wouldn't give them the temp HP.
2. Character had 26 total HP, +5 for Aid. Had taken 12 damage, then was hit by an Ogre for 19. FG gave him instant death instead of putting him at 0.

Hmm, I'm not seeing either of these problems - as you can see from the screenshot Aid is giving TMP hit points and Iohanna is dying with 0 hit points.
Are you using any extensions? If so check to see if they have been updated for 3.2. If not then disable them and try again. If you don't have any extensions can you try in a ne campaign to see if the problem is still there. Make sure also that all the characters and NPCs have been properly placed on the CT and that targeting is being properly used.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 13:14
I think I might have found an issue with 3.2 - Ultimate.

I parsed in the latest Ranger Playtest from Unearthed Arcana - I was previously able to use all of the content without issue. After upgrading, I can still use the main class, but the "Features" on the "Class Ability" record can't be dropped into the character sheet. Interestingly - I can drop the Feature links into a "Note" (Test) and also into a blank manually created "Features" entry (Beast Test).

The first screenshot is the attempt at creating a new character - the second is a character previously created prior to 3.2 using this custom content. (All of the links were opened directly from the character record on the second screenshot - so they're still working, I just can't make another character.

Side note - and probably out of scope here. I've never been able to get the conclave choices to pop up with the parsed content (though the sorcerer base class does display the parsed Favored Soul as an option - or did before 3.2, I haven't tested since) I suspect that's because the sorcerer base class is coded that way in the PHB content and the parsed bloodline is picked up from the bloodline tag - but something is missing from the parsed RangerUA class (since it's a complete overhaul). I know Par5e has been further developed past the publicly available version - have you guys ever considered packaging the developed branch and offering it as a purchasable product? It's amazing as it is, but I for one would put some money down for a further developed version with all the enhancements.

Regards,

Myridden

I can't really test this since I don't have a publicly parsed Ranger but all of the PHB and other content I have checked works by drag drop. I can't think of anything that has changed in 3.2 that would prevent the drag/drop but there are a lot of changes under the hood in 3.2. All I can suggest is that you try reparsing the file and see if that helps.

I'm don't think the publicly par5ed archetypes will pop up but I seem to remember some people ahve got it to work. I think though you'll need to rename them Ranger Archetype and then if you also have the PHB open they might well appear, but I can't be sure of this.

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 13:33
I'm not clear on how you are making the rolls because your picture isn't showing the same as I would expect from my graphic. As you can see this seems to be working - certainly for me. Also make sure you have the option Target: Remove on miss set to 'multi'

Target Remove is set to 'multi'. I click target the PCs via the Ctrl Click option. It shows them as targets. I then hit the SAVEVS from the NPC in the CT which rolls the saves. Then I hit the damage roll in the CT.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 13:36
Two things:

1. Cones are suddenly only 45 degrees since 3.2.0, I know this is as it should be "by the book", but many people are used to 3.5e/4e style cones. Please re-add those.
2. The encounter "02 Drow Hunting Party" in out of the abyss has non-transparent tokens.

1. The Cones are correct for 5e and were updated because the original ones were incorrect. I can't find the post which discussed this in detail. At any rate it isn't a bug and it isn't 3.5 or 4e
2. So they are, I'll get that on the list to get fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 16:18
Myrriden

I parsed the file you linked to me in your PM and as you can see from the screen shot I can drag/drop all of the features from the Beast Enclave into the Features Tab. I'm at a loss to explain what your problem might be. Can you try in a new campaign without any extensions. If might also be worth trying to par5e just this ranger if it's in a module with other stuff just in case there's something going on in the module.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 16:22
Target Remove is set to 'multi'. I click target the PCs via the Ctrl Click option. It shows them as targets. I then hit the SAVEVS from the NPC in the CT which rolls the saves. Then I hit the damage roll in the CT.

Can you provide a screenshot the same as mine - because the one you posted earlier was different from what was shown on mine? Are you clicking the NPC in the map or the CT? Have I asked if you are running any extensions (Sorry if I have, but I've said this so many times over the last few days I've lost count).

7H3LaughingMan
November 4th, 2016, 16:42
Looks like Kobold's Racial Trait "Grovel, Cower, and Beg" is shown as part of their "Darkvision" Trait.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 17:01
Looks like Kobold's Racial Trait "Grovel, Cower, and Beg" is shown as part of their "Darkvision" Trait.

So it is. I will note that for fixing. Thanks for reporting.

lostsanityreturned
November 4th, 2016, 18:25
Found another weird bug today.

Whenever I set my dice rolls to fixed as DM (5e) all of my players would have fixed rolls too. Set it back to variable and all the weapon damage rolls would be rolled again.

The players ended up quite lucky actually, 90% of my rolls tonight were 1s when it came to damage.

Myridden
November 4th, 2016, 18:46
Myrriden

...try in a new campaign without any extensions.

So, I tried both in a new campaign and in the 5E Sample campaign - no issues.. which is when I realized while looking at the character record that vitality was missing, and the answer comes to light.

My apologies - I know better and I still managed to leave an extension enabled - I've been using Vitality for so long I forgot that it's an extension and not an option setting (like variant encumbrance) so when I was testing I disabled everything in my extensions list even the fonts and background decals... except the one that happens to be at the very bottom of the list - naturally that is the one that caused the issue.

Disabling the vitality extension does indeed allow class features to be dragged into the character pane (which seems obvious now since its the only extension I have that modifies the character pane).

Thank you for your patience (which could be described as saintly at this point :) ).

Regards,

Myridden

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 18:46
Can you provide a screenshot the same as mine - because the one you posted earlier was different from what was shown on mine? Are you clicking the NPC in the map or the CT? Have I asked if you are running any extensions (Sorry if I have, but I've said this so many times over the last few days I've lost count).

I ended up reinstalling FG per a recommendation someone made on here in regards to a corrupt update. It is working again now, will continue to test..it always seems to work fine until game time ;). Also I removed all extensions prior per our earlier posts.

Something I just noticed is when I set the NPC rolls to fixed. It is also giving PC's Fixed damage. See attached picture.

In regards to damage rolls I am using all actions from the NPC (Modules from FG) in CT. See highlighted entry in CT.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 19:07
Found another weird bug today.

Whenever I set my dice rolls to fixed as DM (5e) all of my players would have fixed rolls too. Set it back to variable and all the weapon damage rolls would be rolled again.

The players ended up quite lucky actually, 90% of my rolls tonight were 1s when it came to damage.

Is that not how it's supposed to work; seems fair to me if that NPCs do average damage then the PCs should only get to do average damage to them. :)

Having said that I can't see anywehere that says that should be so; so I will report it as a bug.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 19:08
So, I tried both in a new campaign and in the 5E Sample campaign - no issues.. which is when I realized while looking at the character record that vitality was missing, and the answer comes to light.

My apologies - I know better and I still managed to leave an extension enabled - I've been using Vitality for so long I forgot that it's an extension and not an option setting (like variant encumbrance) so when I was testing I disabled everything in my extensions list even the fonts and background decals... except the one that happens to be at the very bottom of the list - naturally that is the one that caused the issue.

Disabling the vitality extension does indeed allow class features to be dragged into the character pane (which seems obvious now since its the only extension I have that modifies the character pane).

Thank you for your patience (which could be described as saintly at this point :) ).

Regards,

Myridden

Glad you got it sorted; it's worth taking extra time to work through someone's problems after a major update since it could be the tip of a larger underlying problem.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 19:09
I ended up reinstalling FG per a recommendation someone made on here in regards to a corrupt update. It is working again now, will continue to test..it always seems to work fine until game time ;). Also I removed all extensions prior per our earlier posts.

Something I just noticed is when I set the NPC rolls to fixed. It is also giving PC's Fixed damage. See attached picture.

In regards to damage rolls I am using all actions from the NPC (Modules from FG) in CT. See highlighted entry in CT.

Jolly good, someone else just beat you to the fixed damage bug :)

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 19:25
Ok the 1/2 damage and broken evasion is happening again. I have Multi set, No extensions and it isn't giving the rogue zero with evasion effect or even half. It has happen now across 2 different campaigns with different PC's and players. I have tried selecting via CTRL click and have tried via dragging CT targeting icon. All Att/save/damage rolls rolled from CT by clicking highlighted items parsed from official source purchased from FG.

Pic wasn't accurate i posted one without (H). Continuing testing will post.

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 21:53
Lol wow that was really confusing for a second then I realized that you edited my post Zacch....I failed my wisdom save ;)

and thank you for all your patience with the bug reports!

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 21:56
Ok the 1/2 damage and broken evasion is happening again. I have Multi set, No extensions and it isn't giving the rogue zero with evasion effect or even half. It has happen now across 2 different campaigns with different PC's and players. I have tried selecting via CTRL click and have tried via dragging CT targeting icon. All Att/save/damage rolls rolled from CT by clicking highlighted items parsed from official source purchased from FG.

Pic wasn't accurate i posted one without (H). Continuing testing will post.

Right, sorry. I did what I should have done in the first place and joined my own game instead of doing it all on the DM screen. You are correct half damage on Save isn't functioning and neither is evasion. I'll send off a report. Thanks for you patience on this one. Sorry again.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 21:57
Lol wow that was really confusing for a second then I realized that you edited my post Zacch....I failed my wisdom save ;)

and thank you for all your patience with the bug reports!

Oops, that was unintentional. Clicked the wrong button; doing too many things at once. :)

xanstin
November 4th, 2016, 21:58
Its tricky because the results aren't always consistent. It works sometimes and some times it doesn't even though I roll the same way with same conditions.

villadelfia
November 4th, 2016, 22:53
Barbarian rage says "You can also end your rage on your turn (no action required)."

This text is from the play test. It should be a bonus action.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2016, 22:59
Barbarian rage says "You can also end your rage on your turn (no action required)."

This text is from the play test. It should be a bonus action.

Good grief, another one that's remained hidden away for over a year. I'll get that fixed. That's for reporting.

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 00:33
Anyone else?

Seems half damage saves are not working across the board. No extension installed, see pic.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 00:58
Yes, see some of the posts above. Known problem and it has been reported

lostsanityreturned
November 5th, 2016, 02:17
Two more bugs.
All languages seemed to have their translations viewable by all players in last night's game. It came as a shock to two players trying to speak dwarvish to each other and suddenly the whole party could read what they were saying.

This one is a weird bug although not a new one.
When searching a reference manual if I type in the search box but don't get the result I want, often when I backspace out that search it will often removes a large number of entries from the left hand navigation panel. To get them back again I have to reopen the reference manual to do any more searches otherwise the searches are limited to the entries on the left hand side.

This is easily replicated by opening up the SCAG adventurers guide DM module, reference guide and then searching for dwarves. It will only show dwarves and dragonkin chapter 3 races of the realms, regardless of what you search for next.

If after the first search you hit the minimise categories button BEFORE deleting the the original search and then search for something else it will consistently work as it should and show all options. Even without having to hit the minimise category button after subsequent searches)

Is that not how it's supposed to work; seems fair to me if that NPCs do average damage then the PCs should only get to do average damage to them. :)

It wouldn't bother me, and I asked if the players wanted to do average damage for a session but there was a mighty uproar -laughs- players like rolling them dice :P
Crazy critters that they are. :)

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 02:27
The Triton race (Volos) does not add the three ability score adjustments to the character sheet.

Ixion77
November 5th, 2016, 03:20
I can't drag&drop spells from PHB to NPCs.

Ixion77
November 5th, 2016, 03:27
I can't drag&drop spells from PHB to NPCs.
Never mind it :P just found previous post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34777-3-2-NPCs

Myrdin Potter
November 5th, 2016, 03:56
I probably should have reported this here.

When I click the image links in Volo's in the stat blocks, the window opens but no images. They are there in the images list (and work). They show up fine in the reference manual.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 12:11
The Triton race (Volos) does not add the three ability score adjustments to the character sheet.

Neither it does. FG doesn't like the wording. I've worked out a fix and I'll get it queued up for release asap. Thanks for reporting

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 12:12

When I click the image links in Volo's in the stat blocks, the window opens but no images. They are there in the images list (and work). They show up fine in the reference manual.

Indeed, breakdown in communication I think. I'll get that fixed asap.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 16:16

An updated version of Volo has just been released correcting the above. Note that the Triton increased ability scores still don't work from the DM (only) volume since I updated the text in the reference section but not in the races section because I'm an idiot. I'll fix that in a future update. The players guide has the corrected wording so use that for creating characters with the Triton race meantime.

Newf
November 5th, 2016, 20:13
Two issues I've encountered today.

1) When trying to organize Stories, they're not being created in the Category I try to create them in, they go under All by default. I have to open them and drag them into the Category I want, leaving a copy behind under "All" that I have to remove.

2) When organizing images, when I drag one into a category I want and open it, it just shows up as an empty image, but works fine in the "All" group.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it bugged?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 20:22
1) This is expected behavior. New stories are created in the All group no matter what group you have selected. Once you've created the story you can drag it into the group you want. The devs has said that in a future update they will change this so that entries can be created within a group.

2) I'm not seeing this but it might well depend on the image and how you are trying to access it. Can you walk me through the steps you take so that I can try to reproduce?

Newf
November 5th, 2016, 20:33
1) Ok sounds good. I can deal with that easily enough.

2) Sure thing.

I open my images tab and click Folder. I have another source folder for my images. I copy and paste the one I want into the Campaign Images folder. I open the image, and then go to the Category I want to place it in. I drag the dragon head into the category. When I open the image via the Category, all I get is a blank box, akin to the New Drawing. Also, whenever I drag an image into a Story, rather than have the name, it shows as "Unidentified Map/Image"

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 21:02
1) Ok sounds good. I can deal with that easily enough.

2) Sure thing.

I open my images tab and click Folder. I have another source folder for my images.

There's your problem right there. You shouldn't really have a folder within the images folder. If you do put images in there then you can't move them out again becasue FG loses track of them. Hence when you start moving them around you are getting a blank image becasue FG is looking for the image where it was rather than where it is now and can't find it. So, if these are images in your campaign your stuck really with leaving them in your folder. But since there should not be a folder there you could have more problems down the line since FG won't like it.

Newf
November 5th, 2016, 21:14
Sorry, I didn't explain that properly. I don't have a subfolder in the Images folder. The source folder is outside of FG.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2016, 22:32
Sorry, I didn't explain that properly. I don't have a subfolder in the Images folder. The source folder is outside of FG.

My bad. Ok reading your post again I have identified the problem. Don't drag the opened image into the group; this creates a duplicate image which will be blank. Drag the image name from the list of images in the 'All' folder into the group you want.

Newf
November 5th, 2016, 22:33
My bad. Ok reading your post again I have identified the problem. Don't drag the opened image into the group; this creates a duplicate image which will be blank. Drag the image name from the list of images in the 'All' folder into the group you want.

Excellent!! That did the trick. Very much appreciated!

damned
November 5th, 2016, 23:54

I find that using the None folder is easier to fin the correct image to drag :)

Myrdin Potter
November 6th, 2016, 00:11
The latest update to Volo's guide fixed the issue with gray images from the NPC stat block. I did have to right click the module and revert changes to get it to work (opening and closing the module did not appear to work) but after I did that if I click the links I can see the pictures.

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 00:22
Seems when dragging certain items to a story entry, they are truncating the names?

In this example, I dragged the first three items into the st0ry entry and got this weird truncation (including the missing "n" on the first entry.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 01:12
Seems when dragging certain items to a story entry, they are truncating the names?

In this example, I dragged the first three items into the st0ry entry and got this weird truncation (including the missing "n" on the first entry.

This is actually not something new, it's always been there. There is a technical explanation for it to do with the way XML handles certain formatted text, or maybe it's the way FG handles it. I don't think it can be fixed unfortunately.

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 01:52

Is there a wiki or posting for all the syntax to use with the story templates? I'm using the crap out of this for what I'm building, but it'd be nice to know ALL the commands. So far I'm just piecing together examples from the Volo's story entries.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 01:07
Yes there is a wiki for Story Templares. I can't link you to it but I'm sure you can find it easily enough. Watch Doug's video as well.

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 01:09
Yes there is a wiki for Story Templares. I can't link you to it but I'm sure you can find it easily enough. Watch Doug's video as well.

I searched for the wiki, no joy, I'll search again. I was one of the first 6 people to watch his video. The story entries are very powerful. You guys did a great job!!!

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 01:11
I searched for the wiki, no joy, I'll search again. I was one of the first 6 people to watch his video. The story entries are very powerful. You guys did a great job!!!

GOT IT! THanX! Studying...

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 03:47
It seems there is an inconsistency with the Valhalla's Horns in the DMG regarding tables shown for each individual horn. See pic.

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 06:12
Digging deep now...

In the DMG on the Armor of Resistance table, Plate (Mail) doesn't match. It's either calling the wrong name, or the name being called is wrong. Not sure how it's supposed to be, my guess would be the word "mail" should NOT be in the call.

See pic.

lostsanityreturned
November 6th, 2016, 06:30
Two issues I've encountered today.
1) When trying to organize Stories, they're not being created in the Category I try to create them in, they go under All by default. I have to open them and drag them into the Category I want, leaving a copy behind under "All" that I have to remove.

I was originally fairly bugged by this too, however I found a quick workaround.
Create a blank story entry in all. Open it and then drag it into whatever group you want to be creating new entries into (you can drag it in multiple times and it will create new blank copies)

Not a perfect solution, but one that requires minimal effort while this gets fixed to work as it used to.

rob2e
November 6th, 2016, 06:44
I'm probably giving you guys overload, but in an effort, to get everything correct...

I've found with story generation that when a table calls ANOTHER table, there are two extra spaces after the entries. I also happened to notice that if you call a big amount of items, it reorganizes the double table calls at the top and lists the rest at the bottom. I don't know if I explained that last one too well, but the pic should clear it up.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 11:50
It seems there is an inconsistency with the Valhalla's Horns in the DMG regarding tables shown for each individual horn. See pic.

Yeah, I think that could be better. I can see the logic (sort of). Leave it with me. Thanks for reporting.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 11:52
Digging deep now...

In the DMG on the Armor of Resistance table, Plate (Mail) doesn't match. It's either calling the wrong name, or the name being called is wrong. Not sure how it's supposed to be, my guess would be the word "mail" should NOT be in the call.

See pic.

Yep, it should just be Plate Armor. I'll note that up on the list.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 12:23
I'm probably giving you guys overload, but in an effort, to get everything correct...

I've found with story generation that when a table calls ANOTHER table, there are two extra spaces after the entries. I also happened to notice that if you call a big amount of items, it reorganizes the double table calls at the top and lists the rest at the bottom. I don't know if I explained that last one too well, but the pic should clear it up.

Yes, this is a bit of a limitation I fear if the item you want has a link; and I'm not sure how difficult that would be to fix. The 'blank' lines are actually the lines in which the first table result is being output but since there's nothing to output it creates a blank line. If you want to call a table which itself has a child or grandchild table then the only solution is to have separate entries each of which just calls the table once.
i.e
Armor of Resistance
[Armor of Resistance]
[Armor of Resistance]
[Armor of Resistance]

This isn't what you want of course since you want a random number, but it's the only solution.

I'll let he devs know to see if there is a solution but this one might be tricky.

EDIT: Indeed, as I thought. We'll need to live with the double space for a while.

Magraff
November 6th, 2016, 21:32
Just noticed that the three Warlock NPCs in Volo's are missing their spellcasting text in the Traits section, detailing their 1st to 4th-level spells. It looks like all spells were rolled-up into the 5th-level list. Sorry if this was already pointed out!

Thanks,

Mag

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2016, 22:45
Just noticed that the three Warlock NPCs in Volo's are missing their spellcasting text in the Traits section, detailing their 1st to 4th-level spells. It looks like all spells were rolled-up into the 5th-level list. Sorry if this was already pointed out!

Thanks,

Mag

Nope they are all correct. For example the Warlock of the Archfey has 3 5th level slots from which they can cast any of the listed spells.

MarianDz
November 7th, 2016, 09:26
Don't know if this is known issue, sorry for taking your time when doubled.
Yesterday I was create new PC character and after drag 'n' drop to Combat Tracker (CT)
it not populate Offense actions all of my weapons into CT. Hero has in inventory
weapons marked as equiped. My FG ver. 3.2.0, no extensions.

I was also try pregenerated characters from Lost mine of Phandelver but with same result.
NPCs offense actions are populate correctly and attack can be made from CT.

MarianDz
November 7th, 2016, 09:35
Module DD The Raise of Tiamat has link to "Pregenerated Characters" which is empty - useless.
I think WoTC module which has pregenerated characters is only Lost mine of Phandelver or am I wrong?

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 10:47
Module DD The Raise of Tiamat has link to "Pregenerated Characters" which is empty - useless.
I think WoTC module which has pregenerated characters is only Lost mine of Phandelver or am I wrong?

Hmm, this was fixed but the error seems to have returned. I'll add it to the list; thanks for reporting.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 10:49
Don't know if this is known issue, sorry for taking your time when doubled.
Yesterday I was create new PC character and after drag 'n' drop to Combat Tracker (CT)
it not populate Offense actions all of my weapons into CT. Hero has in inventory
weapons marked as equiped. My FG ver. 3.2.0, no extensions.

I was also try pregenerated characters from Lost mine of Phandelver but with same result.
NPCs offense actions are populate correctly and attack can be made from CT.

Player character actions don't appear on the Combat Tracker only NPC actions do. Players should use the actions tab on the character sheet to perform their actions.

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 11:11
Yes, this is a bit of a limitation I fear if the item you want has a link; and I'm not sure how difficult that would be to fix. The 'blank' lines are actually the lines in which the first table result is being output but since there's nothing to output it creates a blank line. If you want to call a table which itself has a child or grandchild table then the only solution is to have separate entries each of which just calls the table once.
i.e
Armor of Resistance
[Armor of Resistance]
[Armor of Resistance]
[Armor of Resistance]

This isn't what you want of course since you want a random number, but it's the only solution.

I'll let he devs know to see if there is a solution but this one might be tricky.

EDIT: Indeed, as I thought. We'll need to live with the double space for a while.

OK, ThanX for letting me know. I hope "a while" is a short while. Aesthetics is important to some people, but functionality is king! You guys do such great work, I hate to ask for these little things.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 11:53
OK, ThanX for letting me know. I hope "a while" is a short while. Aesthetics is important to some people, but functionality is king! You guys do such great work, I hate to ask for these little things.

The other solution of course is to create a table with all the resistance armours on it. If it helps Moon Wizard has just pushed 3.2.1 and he's updated the table drag/drop so that it now populates the name in the table it's dropped into.

Tiqon
November 7th, 2016, 17:02
Look what I found In the DD5E SRD Data. A mirror, that cost 5 gp and weighs 50lb. Adventuring gear.....

Not sure any of my players are gonna take this on an adventure (unless they intend to always look good while they do).

I could not find it anywhere in the SRD data on https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf so I guess it's kind of a "bug"? :).

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 18:00
Look what I found In the DD5E SRD Data. A mirror, that cost 5 gp and weighs 50lb. Adventuring gear.....

Not sure any of my players are gonna take this on an adventure (unless they intend to always look good while they do).

I could not find it anywhere in the SRD data on https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf so I guess it's kind of a "bug"? :).

Indeed it is. I have no idea how that got in there at all. I'll list it for fixing. Thanks for reporting

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 21:19
The other solution of course is to create a table with all the resistance armours on it. If it helps Moon Wizard has just pushed 3.2.1 and he's updated the table drag/drop so that it now populates the name in the table it's dropped into.

That table already exists (in the DMG) but that's the problem. When pulling from that table, it does the spacing. I guess I'll have to be patient for that fix. As long as it's on this list I'm happy.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 21:28
That table already exists (in the DMG) but that's the problem. When pulling from that table, it does the spacing. I guess I'll have to be patient for that fix. As long as it's on this list I'm happy.

You misunderstand me. The table that exists calls other tables, but if you create a table with all 120 or whatever possible armours on it then you would be good to go.

Oh, and don't hold your breath on a fix for the double spacing thing I fear.

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 21:33
You misunderstand me. The table that exists calls other tables, but if you create a table with all 120 or whatever possible armours on it then you would be good to go.

Oh, and don't hold your breath on a fix for the double spacing thing I fear.

Oh, so the problem happens (as you said before) only when child or grandchild, etc. is called. So put them all into one and no problem. Cool. Got it. So if I want it that bad, I guess I should do it. See you in 2018. Ha!

marcusrife
November 7th, 2016, 22:08
When I use the effect AC: # for mage armor, shield of faith, etc, the calculation for hits and misses seems to double count the number entered. For example a wizard with 16 dex has a base armor class of 13. With mage armor (i.e the effect applied) the AC goes to 16 yet 16, 17, and 18 rolls are misses, but a 19 and higher is a hit.

This seems to have started after the patch. I didn't notice it before.

7H3LaughingMan
November 7th, 2016, 22:11
When I use the effect AC: # for mage armor, shield of faith, etc, the calculation for hits and misses seems to double count the number entered. For example a wizard with 16 dex has a base armor class of 13. With mage armor (i.e the effect applied) the AC goes to 16 yet 16, 17, and 18 rolls are misses, but a 19 and higher is a hit.

I believe that has already been reported and looks like it's already been fixed in the 3.2.1 version.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2016, 22:15
Indeed, this has been fixed in 3.2.1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34882-Test-Release-v3-2-1) which will be rolled out soon.

marcusrife
November 7th, 2016, 22:17
Thank you!

lardball
November 10th, 2016, 09:58
Two more bugs.
All languages seemed to have their translations viewable by all players in last night's game. It came as a shock to two players trying to speak dwarvish to each other and suddenly the whole party could read what they were saying.

It seems that if one player can translate the language then all players can see the translation. If noone can understand the language it is still hidden. Not sure if intended to streamline the "what did he say?" scenario...

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2016, 10:46
It seems that if one player can translate the language then all players can see the translation. If noone can understand the language it is still hidden. Not sure if intended to streamline the "what did he say?" scenario...

Thanks for reporting.

markdowney
November 11th, 2016, 18:27
The Tempest Cleric in the DD PHB module lists it's level 7 domain spell as a level 8 control weather spell, it should be level 4 control water.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2016, 18:40
The Tempest Cleric in the DD PHB module lists it's level 7 domain spell as a level 8 control weather spell, it should be level 4 control water.

So it should. Noted for fixing; thanks for reporting

spite
November 11th, 2016, 23:29

You know, during testing I occasionally had issues with everyone being able to understand language but it always worked in a vacuum on testing. Well done on narrowing it down :P

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2016, 00:14
This issue is fixed in v3.2.1. It was a bit of a pain to debug, because it required 4 instances of FG on 3 machines to see the issue.

Cheers,
JPG

astromath
November 12th, 2016, 17:37
Lost Mine of Phandelver

Magic Item: Dragonguard

Problem: This is a +1 breastplate so the AC Base should be 15, not 14. AC Base of 14 is for non-magical breastplate.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2016, 18:27
No, I think the AC base of 14 is correct. What's missing is the +1 bonus for being magical. I suspect that, since LMoP was done things have moved on and there wasn't a box for such magical bonuses. I'll note that up for fixing, thanks for reporting.

spite
November 12th, 2016, 20:42
I've been getting this on armor from the DMG aswell, one such that isn't showing the +X is the Dragon Scale Mail, it only has the scale male base of 14 and not the +2 it should have.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2016, 21:28
I've been getting this on armor from the DMG aswell, one such that isn't showing the +X is the Dragon Scale Mail, it only has the scale male base of 14 and not the +2 it should have.

Dragon Scale mail is only +1 so it would appear correct at 15, which is what is in my DMG. Is yours different?

Ramtrap
November 13th, 2016, 00:00
Is there something going on with the pre-generated characters from Lost Mine of Phandelver? I've loaded and unloaded and loaded again all my books every which way to try and get them to show up, but I'm getting this error:

[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

Any ideas how to get these visible? It happens when I click in LMoP --> Pregenerated Characters --> + on any of the 5 characters.

Thanks for any help!

***EDIT*** -- Disregard; everything came online just now. Looks like maybe it was just latent.

mozmonar
November 13th, 2016, 05:04
The effect AC: [N] doesn't seem to actually apply. To test this apply Haste spell to a character. It does grant Advantage to DEX saves but AC stays the same.

It also seems that the effect INIT: [D] doesn't seem to work either.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2016, 05:17
Welcome mozmonar. Effects don't change the stats shown on the character sheet. But they are included in the attack result (hit/miss) calculations. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#What_is_an_Effect.3F

mozmonar
November 13th, 2016, 05:27
Howdy, Thanks!

Ok I can see the DEFENSE EFFECT applying. That doesn't resolve the INIT: [D] modification or does that only modify the roll for initiative not the current initiative order? I am trying to manually add a spell from a homebrew supplement call "The (not really) Complete Tome of Spells" that converts a bunch older 2e spells to 5e. One such spell is Battletide that applies a +2 AC, Advantage to Dex saves, and adds an extra action to the caster and creatures within 20 feet who fail a Wisdom saving throw suffer half movement speed, initiative drops by 2, and AC drops by 1.

Trying to create effects that will apply as many of these effects as possible but having some issues.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2016, 05:47
As mentioned in that link I sent you - effects only apply to a roll, they don't change numbers you see on a character sheet, in the combat tracker, etc.. So, INIT only applies to the initiative roll.

poppy_thompson
November 13th, 2016, 05:55
Somewhat tiny comment. In the OotA adventure, the description for the map 00-09 Menzoberranzan Streets states, '... several large stalactites rising up from the floor, ...'

As quoted from Howstuffworks.com (https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/stalactite-stalagmite.htm) ... Stalactites are the formations that hang from the ceilings of caves like icicles, while stalagmites look like they're emerging from the ground and stand up like a traffic cone.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2016, 10:56
Somewhat tiny comment. In the OotA adventure, the description for the map 00-09 Menzoberranzan Streets states, '... several large stalactites rising up from the floor, ...'

As quoted from Howstuffworks.com (https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/stalactite-stalagmite.htm) ... Stalactites are the formations that hang from the ceilings of caves like icicles, while stalagmites look like they're emerging from the ground and stand up like a traffic cone.

You'll need to take this one up with WotC :)

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2016, 11:03
Is there something going on with the pre-generated characters from Lost Mine of Phandelver? I've loaded and unloaded and loaded again all my books every which way to try and get them to show up, but I'm getting this error:

[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

Any ideas how to get these visible? It happens when I click in LMoP --> Pregenerated Characters --> + on any of the 5 characters.

Thanks for any help!

***EDIT*** -- Disregard; everything came online just now. Looks like maybe it was just latent.

You are getting this error becasue a pregenerated character is basically just a bunch of links which looks for stuff in whatever resources you have available - PHB, basic Rules, SRD etc. Some of the items carried by the pregenerated characters are 'non-standard'. For example the Cleric character in Phandelver is carrying a Prayer Book and that isn't something which exists in any Adventuring Gear list in the PHB etc. So when you click the green '+' sign it adds the character but can't find 'Prayer Book' and so throws up the error. Apart from that the rest of the character appears in the loads in just fine. I've got this down on the list for fixing, but it may actually add more colour to the characters to leave this as it is - although then I'll keep getting posts like this :)

Jiminimonka
November 13th, 2016, 21:03
Think this might be a bug. Breath Weapon (Dragonborn) is not doing the saving throw like it used to.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2016, 21:48
Think this might be a bug. Breath Weapon (Dragonborn) is not doing the saving throw like it used to.

I suspect that it hasn't been set up properly in that the type of the saving throw has been missed out of the Save line. See screen shot attached and check that it's the same for you. If it is please report back and let us know if the problem is still there in a new campaign without any extensions loaded. If it works in a such a campaign then the problem may be an extension.

Jiminimonka
November 13th, 2016, 22:27
I suspect that it hasn't been set up properly in that the type of the saving throw has been missed out of the Save line. See screen shot attached and check that it's the same for you. If it is please report back and let us know if the problem is still there in a new campaign without any extensions loaded. If it works in a such a campaign then the problem may be an extension.

On mine it says Base where yours says Dex. I created a new campaign and new character and it repeated the same issue.

No extensions loaded.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2016, 23:17
You either need to change base to Dex or set Dex as the Group ability. It's not working for you because the saving throw type has not been set.

LordEntrails
November 14th, 2016, 01:11
Opening:
DMG > Reference Manual > Monster List
throws a console window and error:

PTBBC.ORG
November 14th, 2016, 04:45
So had an issue tonight with new equipment not showing up in the actions tab. Did not happen last week after the update, but tonight it did. I had some players that got some new equipment. They equiped it from their inventory screen and it did not show up in the actions tab. I was able to add one weapon to one character from the items library to their actions tab directly, and it had the symbol there to equip, carry or not have it. Not sure why this happened tonight. But anything in their inventory is not showing up in the actions tab that was not already there.

I may be missing something but, yes, if the PC already has the weapon in their inventory (which they must do) then there will already be a fully set up weapon in the actions tab, including any magical damage or bonuses or anything else that can be attached to the weapon properties. Edit the weapon name to include (offhand) or whatever and then in the damage dialog enter a negative bonus equal to the bonus from their attribute. No 21 clicks or anything else necessary.

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2016, 11:18
Opening:
DMG > Reference Manual > Monster List
throws a console window and error:

Indeed, known issue and it's on the list to get fixed.

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2016, 11:25
So had an issue tonight with new equipment not showing up in the actions tab. Did not happen last week after the update, but tonight it did. I had some players that got some new equipment. They equiped it from their inventory screen and it did not show up in the actions tab. I was able to add one weapon to one character from the items library to their actions tab directly, and it had the symbol there to equip, carry or not have it. Not sure why this happened tonight. But anything in their inventory is not showing up in the actions tab that was not already there.

Players need to go into preparation mode in the actions tab and equip the weapon in there. It will then show up in combat mode.

PTBBC.ORG
November 14th, 2016, 15:54
Tried that also and it does not load the item, weapon onto the actions tab. Before, no matter if they were in prep or stand mode, if you dragged anything into the actions tab it would create the weapon, spell, staff, wand, power.. etc. Last night none of that was happening. It did not respond on several PC's. So I am hoping it was just a glitch and that I will be able to try again tonight to see if it works.

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2016, 16:34
Are you using any extensions? If so could you try in a new campaign without any extensions please and let me know how you get on. Also what are they dragging from (PHB, SRD etc). Finally can you try getting the players to flush their cache in case something in there is the problem. This is definitely working for me whether I drag into inventory or directly into actions tab, and I've had no other reports on the matter.

PTBBC.ORG
November 14th, 2016, 17:23
Will do. They tried it from their side, and I tried it from mine. I have had all of my extensions turned off for a month. I had pulled them from the items list, put them into a parcel, put the items from parcel into the group inventory, put in the players names and assigned the new equipment, it showed up in their inventory, they equipped it and nothing showed up in actions tab. So I tried dragging from the parcel, the items list and it would not show up. I tried from actual module and only one worked. I will try again tonight when I have a chance.

Are you using any extensions? If so could you try in a new campaign without any extensions please and let me know how you get on. Also what are they dragging from (PHB, SRD etc). Finally can you try getting the players to flush their cache in case something in there is the problem. This is definitely working for me whether I drag into inventory or directly into actions tab, and I've had no other reports on the matter.

Trenloe
November 14th, 2016, 18:24
In The Rise of Tiamat, the Story entry "P2-12 Arauthator's Treasure" has an invalid link to the treasure parcel.

Raised by Patou here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34719-Release-v3-2-is-live&p=301172&viewfull=1#post301172

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2016, 18:31
Cheers. Added to the list

bnickelsen
November 15th, 2016, 03:33
Is anyone else having an issue when sharing a map that the map has no name, it reads unidentified map

5e, Loaded OOTA

Myrdin Potter
November 15th, 2016, 05:10
Players drag items from the part inventory to their inventory. Leaves party inventory and vanishes. Is not in their inventory.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 10:50
Is anyone else having an issue when sharing a map that the map has no name, it reads unidentified map

5e, Loaded OOTA

This is a feature of v3.2. Maps are now like unidentified items and can have an identified and unidentified name so that the name of the map doesn't give away information to the players. You can rename the map at the top by clicking on the top line and that name will appear when shared. Or you can click the big red skull and it will be identified and the players will see the original name.

MarianDz
November 15th, 2016, 10:50
Ver. 3.2.0, no extensions loaded, no decals, only one font 5E wizzard loaded, clean campaign created.
Pre-generated characters in Lost Mine of Phandelver doesn't work. Only one of them can be imported without warning error message. This OK character is Human (folk hero).

I was try disable and enable PHB back but without results :(

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 10:55
Players drag items from the part inventory to their inventory. Leaves party inventory and vanishes. Is not in their inventory.

I'm not seeing this. Can you try in a new campaign without any extensions. Can you give me more details otherwise (i.e type of items, source of items, particular module being played etc)

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 11:02
Ver. 3.2.0, no extensions loaded, no decals, only one font 5E wizzard loaded, clean campaign created.
Pre-generated characters in Lost Mine of Phandelver doesn't work. Only one of them can be imported without warning error message. This OK character is Human (folk hero).

This is a known issue and the characters are being imported correctly it's just that one or two inventory items are 'non standard' i.e. they aren't in the PHB exactly as described on the character so FG can't find them (E.G Cleric's Prayer Book.) It's on the list for fixing but meantime just edit the non standard items. (If you have Item: Identification set to ON then the items will appear in the characters' inventories as unidentified items)

MarianDz
November 15th, 2016, 11:07
Thank you Zacchaeus for help.

MerlinAmbrose
November 15th, 2016, 11:54
1. The Cones are correct for 5e and were updated because the original ones were incorrect. I can't find the post which discussed this in detail. At any rate it isn't a bug and it isn't 3.5 or 4e

Not sure of your calculations, but I disagree about the new cone shape being correct.

From 5E SRD: "A cone’s width at a given point along its length is equal to that point’s distance from the point of origin. A cone’s area of effect specifies its maximum length."

Here is my calculation: using high school trig, the above language means the cone angle at point of origin is determined by an isosceles triangle of height equal to max length and base equal to height. Hence, one can calculate half the angle of the cone from the right triangle having height of max length and base of one-half max length. The angle of the cone tip (origin) is twice this. The half angle is arctan(0.5) ( approx. 26.565 deg.), giving the angle at origin for the entire cone as approx 53.130 degrees. (This triangle shows up in Golden Mean calculations and many other places)

I invite any demonstrations that this calculation is mistaken.

damned
November 15th, 2016, 12:33
Not sure of your calculations, but I disagree about the new cone shape being correct.

From 5E SRD: "A cone’s width at a given point along its length is equal to that point’s distance from the point of origin. A cone’s area of effect specifies its maximum length."

Here is my calculation: using high school trig, the above language means the cone angle at point of origin is determined by an isosceles triangle of height equal to max length and base equal to height. Hence, one can calculate half the angle of the cone from the right triangle having height of max length and base of one-half max length. The angle of the cone tip (origin) is twice this. The half angle is arctan(0.5) ( approx. 26.565 deg.), giving the angle at origin for the entire cone as approx 53.130 degrees. (This triangle shows up in Golden Mean calculations and many other places)

Unless Im mistaken the Fantasy Grounds 5e cone is to all practical intents and purposes 53degrees.

MerlinAmbrose
November 15th, 2016, 12:52
Unless Im mistaken the Fantasy Grounds 5e cone is to all practical intents and purposes 53degrees.

I think it has been narrowed, rather severely, in the update to 3.20.x. That is what I experienced in the first game session after the update, using a Cone of Cold spell: in drawing the cone area using the pointer tools, I got a 60' length cone that was about 30' wide at its terminus (angle 2* arctan(1/4) = 28 degrees and change)

I was not the DM, so I don't know exactly what extensions were loaded... but I've assumed shape drawing is in the core engine, and I am not sure how an extension would alter that.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 13:17

I've no idea about the maths but here's a cone I've drawn 60' long and it looks like its about 50ish degrees. Is this not what you see? Or is this not correct?

EDIT: Finally found the thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33132-5e-Cone/page3) where Moon Wizard says he's fixed this

damned
November 15th, 2016, 13:22
You can quite clearly see that this cone is wider than 45degrees. If it were 45 degrees the diagonal would cut though the grid intersections all the way along which it certainly does not - it is wider than 45degrees.

MerlinAmbrose
November 15th, 2016, 14:05
I've no idea about the maths but here's a cone I've drawn 60' long and it looks like its about 50ish degrees. Is this not what you see? Or is this not correct?

EDIT: Finally found the thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33132-5e-Cone/page3) where Moon Wizard says he's fixed this

Your pic shows a correctly drawn cone... and I managed (laboriously, please pardon the clumsiness of one unfamiliar with the DM interface) to create a blank scaled map and draw my own test cone... which matched yours (see image).

I loaded no extensions at all in creating the blank test campaign (I have only the three which come with a player license). I am relieved to know the problem is with that DM's install and not a general one. Apologies also, for assuming the pointer drawing had been changed in the engine, without testing other than the one instance I encountered in a session.

I did get a narrowed cone in that play session (as described above, half the regulation width), but we had had so many difficulties in that session (most of the anomalies reported in this thread, relating to lists, images, combat and others) that we didn't try to figure out the drawing problem. On the next session with that DM, I will test again and see whether it persists... but you've already demonstrated that the problem, if still present, isn't in the core engine.

To borrow the immortal words of Emily LaTella, "oh! never mind!"

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2016, 14:46
One of my players reported this last Sunday. But it wasn't repeatable. 5E, PotA, they dragged the Necklace of Prayer Beads. I simple re-dragged it from the parcel directly to them and it showed up.

Myrdin Potter
November 15th, 2016, 15:10
That was what I did, dragged from parcel to the player instead. Originally I had dragged from parcel to player inventory. This is not the first time an item vanished from party inventory and did not go to the player since the update.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 15:50
One of my players reported this last Sunday. But it wasn't repeatable. 5E, PotA, they dragged the Necklace of Prayer Beads. I simple re-dragged it from the parcel directly to them and it showed up.

That was what I did, dragged from parcel to the player instead. Originally I had dragged from parcel to player inventory. This is not the first time an item vanished from party inventory and did not go to the player since the update.

Hmm, I'm still unable to reproduce this, but there's all sorts of possible reasons why that might be the case. If it happens again can you report back please with as much detail as possible. Also were you using any extensions? If so which ones? Additionally were the campaigns started pre 3.2 release? Might also be worth while getting players to flush their cache in case there's some lingering problem in there.

Myrdin Potter
November 15th, 2016, 16:03
I meant when I dragged from parcel to party inventory sheet and then the player dragged to their sheet themselves the item vanished. Older campaign started pre 3.2. Using dulux's extentions.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 17:56
I meant when I dragged from parcel to party inventory sheet and then the player dragged to their sheet themselves the item vanished. Older campaign started pre 3.2. Using dulux's extentions.

My first inclination is that it's one of your extensions. If it persists in happening I'd try without them to see if the problem clears up. Then switch each back on until the problem recurs.

Moon Wizard
November 15th, 2016, 22:35
I can't recreate either. Also, I believe that DOE extensions (Locations, I believe) does override the default items management scripting, but I haven't looked in a while.

Regards,
JPG

Myrdin Potter
November 15th, 2016, 22:44
That is one of the extensions that I have turned on. I will try and recreate with and without extensions and see if I can find it.

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 22:53
How many times do we need to say "if you encounter and issue, test without extensions"?? Probably a million times, plus! ;)

Item #1 in the main things to check with any issues: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Myrdin Potter
November 15th, 2016, 22:58
Because it came up in playing and I was not testing and thought I would pass it on? I am not sure why a location database would interact with the party sheet, and I think it happened in the past before I turned the extensions on but I know that the extensions were on Monday night when I was DMimg for my group.

Now that I know, I will spend a little time testing it and if I can recreate it with the extensions on and not when they are off, I will pass on the information in the extension thread as well.

JohnD
November 16th, 2016, 04:57
Death Butterfly Swarm picture; Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Death Butterfly Swarm.jpg)

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2016, 11:07
Death Butterfly Swarm picture; Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Death Butterfly Swarm.jpg)

Can you narrow this down a bit? It's working in the Tome of Beasts and in the Book of Lairs as far as I can see.

JohnD
November 16th, 2016, 19:19
Can you narrow this down a bit? It's working in the Tome of Beasts and in the Book of Lairs as far as I can see.

Hmmm... well I was going through the index of pictures/maps at random from the sidebar button. When I tried to open that one it threw that error; didn't try from the book directly.

Edit: tried going through ToB directly from the alphabetical creature list. Throws the same error. The Greater version of this monster also throws the error. No extensions loaded.

Koreapsu
November 16th, 2016, 21:40
Story Templates Outputting in Reverse.

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.

I have a very detailed random encounter setup with many (hundreds) of embedded tables that I'm trying to convert to templates. The problem I'm having is how the output occurs, it bugs me having to read it backwards. For example if I roll this table it outputs as:

StoneWell - still in use.
The dome of an iron cage covers this well hole. It is accessed by a locked gate (DC 25 Sleight of Hand).
Carved figures of miners working in the mines cover the walls of these three small wells.
Though empty and dry, the well hole is filled with bobbing and blinking tiny points of light.

But if I try to use a story template and link to the top layer in the chain of tables it outputs in reverse as seen in the attached image.

Is there a way to fix this without relinking everything? My random encounter tables are ridiculously big and the amount of work...omg...I don't even want to think about it. Some tables have options like 20*100*100*100*100

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2016, 22:18
That's how tables work when you nest them like that; the first thing returned is from the last table rolled on. To get them in the order you'd need to call each table separately in sequence but to do that you'd need to know the result of the first table and then use that result to roll on subsequent tables. I don't think the kind of thing you are trying to do is suitable for a template unfortunately.

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2016, 22:25
Hmmm... well I was going through the index of pictures/maps at random from the sidebar button. When I tried to open that one it threw that error; didn't try from the book directly.

Edit: tried going through ToB directly from the alphabetical creature list. Throws the same error. The Greater version of this monster also throws the error. No extensions loaded.

Right sorry, I know what's happened. The Tome of Beasts is in the process of being revised and I have corrected that error, but because I had the working copy in my modules folder it wasn't showing any error. So, it has been fixed and once the updates to the TOB are done a revised module will be rolled out.

Koreapsu
November 16th, 2016, 23:03
That's how tables work when you nest them like that; the first thing returned is from the last table rolled on. To get them in the order you'd need to call each table separately in sequence but to do that you'd need to know the result of the first table and then use that result to roll on subsequent tables. I don't think the kind of thing you are trying to do is suitable for a template unfortunately.

Ok that's disappointing. So if I remove using templates from the equation I still get a similar issue.

I've now changed the output to "Story" for all the nested tables but it only outputs the first and last tables (although it at least does this in order). For example with the Large Castle result it then should output; a random description, a random dressing, a random name, a random lord of the castle, then finally a castle hook.

What I get is:

An oversized gatehouse and curtain wall suggests this keep may have been built by a different sized race than the current occupants. It is obviously very old.
The lord of the castle is out hunting; as the PCs approach the fortification his hunting party emerges from a nearby wood and approach the party at a gallop. He reins in and questions them extensively about the reason for their presence near to his home.

When it should be:

An oversized gatehouse and curtain wall suggests this keep may have been built by a different sized race than the current occupants. It is obviously very old.
Crenulated walls punctuated with solid towers at the corners surround this large, square stone keep.
The bones of hundreds of humanoids litter the fields surrounding this castle.
The Black Spires.
Ati Buto (female human paladin).
The lord of the castle is out hunting; as the PCs approach the fortification his hunting party emerges from a nearby wood and approach the party at a gallop. He reins in and questions them extensively about the reason for their presence near to his home.

Is there a reason why when outputting to chat I get all the other rolls but outputting to story only gives me the first and the last?

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2016, 23:09
I think because the middle tables don't actually output but call other tables. Output to chat is just showing you what is happening.