PDA

View Full Version : RM Classic issues/bugs sticky

Majyk
October 27th, 2016, 05:59
Loving finding a group of RM afficionados online playing the game we all we love and love to hate!

In playing with the software during character creation, recently, I noticed a few bugs and would like to report them to a main sticky if one already exists somewhere?
Can confirm these are RM rule only bugs vs FGII itself.

Thanks to those coders that take the time to listen or can point the way to workarounds of otherwise known-can't-fix or known-who-cares info pages we can report to.

Ciao!~

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2016, 19:17
I would just post them in this forum. The developer, Dakadin, is usually along to check every few days, but we can ping him as well if he's not on the forums for a while.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
October 31st, 2016, 08:15
Hi Majyk,

You can post any issues here or send me a private message about them.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Ardem
November 8th, 2016, 02:55
Best to post so we all can see them and laugh at Dakadin:p... I mean help out.

Majyk
November 10th, 2016, 08:00
Thanks for such an awesome RM community!

Hope to run a game once able to get everything under my belt and look under the hood of the script used to tweak the ruleset.

Sorry if a duplicate - my browser does not refresh to show this has been sent...
Testing again:

Noticed a bug that may be more of an FG issue but thought to post here just in case:

-I developed a PC to 10th level and during this time the Dev Pts section in the skillup area does not update to reflect any Stat Gains made in previous areas of FG(see screenshots below)

Added DP snapshot showing non-updates to Skill Development through multiple levels(4-5 as a guess?)

After closing and re-opening the Skill Dev screen = all is well. Will have to add a few levels' worth of the DP difference I am sure there was...

-One other thing with Stat Gains noticed was that after pressing the button to "fold in the new differential rolls made for levelling", some stats would show that they hadn't added all of the modifiers but actually did do so.
I observed this when rolling doubles for Stat Gains that would apply a negative amount to the Temp stat as per normal. The ability to do so would remain, if not paid attention to(ie. the new Temp would show it could still be modified with whatever roll was previously already added/subtracted from the row - and was not zeroed out as per the normal stat gain process where the column for the new Temp differences to be applied zeroes out after confirming one wants to complete the Stat Gain process.)

During character level up, at first few times I noticed the non-zero mod still left, I thought I hadn't pressed the button properly/hard enough, and so re-applied the result.
This was then confirmed later as the Temp already being effected by the first confirmation/"Apply" click.

EX: I took note of the Temp Stat before rolling Stat Gains, say a '53'.
Potential Stat Gain differential roll is a 4+4 resulting in the Temp stat needing to receive a negative 8 balance.
Pressing the "Apply" button once, does fold in the result to the Temp stat but continues to show that this was not done in the column showing (possible) mods to occur, ie. it does not zero out the amount like is normal.
This may also apply to higher double amounts, but was unable to test this with the live character I was creating.

Don't know if an exported copy of the PC will have any logfiles to attach - I'm a player not a GM, but here is the PC, herself.
https://www.blauhorn.ca/Dox/FG-Annayla-RMC.xml

Dakadin
November 11th, 2016, 04:58
The Dev Pts not updating is something I missed. I didn't put a trigger on DB changes so it isn't updating automatically. I will add that in.

For the Stat Gains, can you give me an example of "some stats would show that they hadn't added all of the modifiers but actually did do so"? How didn't it show?

For the example, I think the doubles resulting in negatives is in RMFRP/RMSS. RMC doubles the negative for rolls of 01-04. If you click the Stat Gain Table button, it will show the what the results should be for rolls.

There aren't any logs attached to characters. I've thought about adding them but didn't want to add to much to the campaign DB since it could potentially slow things down.

Please let me know if you see anything else.

Majyk
November 11th, 2016, 17:02
For the Stat Gains, can you give me an example of "some stats would show that they hadn't added all of the modifiers but actually did do so"? How didn't it show?

For the example, I think the doubles resulting in negatives is in RMFRP/RMSS. RMC doubles the negative for rolls of 01-04. If you click the Stat Gain Table button, it will show the what the results should be for rolls.

For the negative doubles range, that is correct, the result shows as you say in the same column with the other positive rolls.

When using the Apply button that folds all the results into the Temp Stat column, every result folds itself into the first column fine and zeroes the row the Stat Gain came from, except for any negative result.

It ends up up folding into the Temp Stat like it should upon Apply, but unlike the other results, these stay in the same column as non-zeroed out results vs everything else showing zeroes, meaning they were reset due to no longer being needed - showing they were finished being added.

The first few times that this occurred, I hadn't paid attention and seeing the negative result not turning into a zero, I'd re-Apply and it would then zero out this Stat Gain roll column completely. That said, the negative would then have been applied twice to the Temp Stat column.
It wasn't until I was full up in every stat difference that I realized pressing the Apply button, the first time, actually did fold the negative Gain into the Temp Stat, but would "remain showing that it wasn't used" due to not resetting to zero(rolled -6 would remain showing as -6 instead of showing 0 like all other positive rolls previously Apply'd) like positive Gain rolls did above and below in the same Stat Gain Roll Result column.

Sorry if confusing, I'll try to screenshot this in server next time I have access to one and point to the issue. :)

There aren't any logs attached to characters. I've thought about adding them but didn't want to add to much to the campaign DB since it could potentially slow things down.

Totally understood!
Once Unity Engine conversion is done, hopefully they have this already accounted for GMs not trusting their players - with good reason! LOL

Dakadin
November 11th, 2016, 17:10
Thanks. That helps. I will look into the negative values not clearing.