PDA

View Full Version : What roughly is the measure of time as it relates to "imminent"

bnickelsen
October 27th, 2016, 01:14
Just wondering if we are talking days or weeks or even months for the release of 3.2.x

The only reason I am asking is so I can decide on weather to delay the start of a new campaign with 10 people who are 100% new to FG. If we are talking days or even a week or two I might hold the start so they are work and learning on the new version. and carrot will do.

viresanimi
October 27th, 2016, 01:33
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34643-Upcoming-v3-2-release

You may want to look at this. It had already been announced.

Vires Animi

LordEntrails
October 27th, 2016, 01:33
Moon Wizard's thread & today's FG newsletter today both stated it would be released next week pending any reports of major issues.

Fudly
October 27th, 2016, 01:34
It is available on test center. You could use it today.

damned
October 27th, 2016, 03:19
The changes are substantial but not so substantial that you will lose anything in starting on 3.1.7 and then moving to 3.2.0 the following week.
Many of the changes are "under the hood".

Topdecker
October 27th, 2016, 04:31
I am mostly concerned about Monday - Halloween. Like some others, I've got some time and effort tied up in a one-off Halloween event and the nebulous 'next week' announcement is worrisome as a result. I am otherwise really looking forward to it.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2016, 04:32
I am mostly concerned about Monday - Halloween. Like some others, I've got some time and effort tied up in a one-off Halloween event and the nebulous 'next week' announcement is worrisome as a result. I am otherwise really looking forward to it.
Communicate to your players - tell them not to run an update until after your game. Hopefully they'll all listen!

Topdecker
October 27th, 2016, 04:47
Communicate to your players - tell them not to run an update until after your game. Hopefully they'll all listen!

Sounds like a plan, thanks!

MarianDz
October 27th, 2016, 09:55
I assume D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters will came out in same time as new FG ver. 3.2.0 what is 4th November :)
Hope updating servers resists overload, only my FG folder has around 1,34GB of datas.

damned
October 27th, 2016, 10:52
I assume D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters will came out in same time as new FG ver. 3.2.0 what is 4th November :)
Hope updating servers resists overload, only my FG folder has around 1,34GB of datas.

Methinks the servers will be sorely taxed and it would not be a bad idea to hold off a few days before updating....

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2016, 19:16
We definitely won't be releasing on Halloween. Depending on the server upgrade and any bugs reported, we're tentatively targeting Nov. 1 or 2.

JPG