PDA

View Full Version : Players running 2 or more characters per player. How do I do this??

gamemasterbob
October 26th, 2016, 22:05
I noticed that when my players attempted to run two (or more) characters each, they could not. FG would only allow one per player. I have an ultimate license and players are using unregistered version. We are playing dnd 5e. I have the PHB, DMG and MM. I allow the players to view the PHB.

If anyone asks, it is a small group and one player needs to run two characters.
Windows 10. latest up. i7 lots of ram.

Any thoughts and or a fix??

Thanks!

GMB

LordEntrails
October 26th, 2016, 22:11
hmm my players play multiple characters all the time with no issues. They just grab them from the PC list, then when they want to switch PC's they select them on the top left from their portrait.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 22:19
Works fine with me too. Are the players each selecting multiple characters from the character selection window? This window will close when the player selects a PC, but they can open it again by clicking the "Characters" button on the sidebar and select another PC, and open the Character window again to select another, and so on...

gamemasterbob
October 26th, 2016, 22:35
There are multiple characters to choose from. After this player chose one FG would not allow a second choice. I will try it again and get back. thanks.

btw I also reset any owner ship to none.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 22:41
After this player chose one FG would not allow a second choice.
Can you provide more details on this? When you say FG would not allow a second choice, what exactly do you mean? Was the player unable to re-open the character selection screen? Or, were there no more PCs to select on the character selections screen? Or, could they not select a PC (double-click on the PC)? Or something else?

damned
October 27th, 2016, 03:29
It only allows one character selection at a time and the window then closes. The player then clicks characters again and can select a second unowned character or one marked as being owned by her.