View Full Version : Half Damage

Mavrik6666
October 26th, 2016, 19:56
Is there a syntax for DMG: half

So all damage when under that effect is halved ? ala Ray of Enfeeblement

Mav

leozelig
October 26th, 2016, 21:30
I don't know if I'm interpreting your question correctly, but...

In the modifiers menu (+/- button in the upper right corner of the desktop), there should be a 'Half' button. If you click that, the next damage roll will be halved. I believe it resets after the roll. You can also right-click on the damage total in the chat window and select 1/2, then drag the halved damage to your target(s).

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2016, 21:36
The answer you seek is no; there isn't such an effect. As leozelig says you would have to apply the half damage modifier from the modifiers dialog to the actor who is outputting the damage at the point where it is rolling to do damage from a STR based attack

LordEntrails
October 26th, 2016, 21:58
You could apply RESIST to all damage types (RESIST:fire,slashing,...), but that wouldn't quite work as untyped damage wouldn't be halved.

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2016, 22:05
You could apply RESIST to all damage types (RESIST:fire,slashing,...), but that wouldn't quite work as untyped damage wouldn't be halved.

It would also resist too much. Only Strength based attacks are subject to the half damage from Ray of Enfeeblement so it's unlikely that such an attack would deal fire damage etc

LordEntrails
October 26th, 2016, 22:08
It would also resist too much. Only Strength based attacks are subject to the half damage from Ray of Enfeeblement so it's unlikely that such an attack would deal fire damage etc
Very true, and it would have to be applied to the target of the attack, not the enfeebled character.