PDA

View Full Version : showing hidden folders

Kefrem
October 26th, 2016, 18:24
i have opened my folder options and checked the option but i still get nothing...any clues as to why?

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 18:27
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Please can you give us more info about what you're doing - and what you're trying to do?

Griogre
October 26th, 2016, 18:29
You probably need to check show System folders as well, depending on the folder. Data apps etc are considered system.

I think he's talking bout Windows file explorer probably Win10.

Kefrem
October 26th, 2016, 18:32
where do i find this systems folder option..im on win 7 and it just has one check spot for it.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 18:33
https://community.intuit.com/articles/1021370-display-hidden-files-and-folders-or-search-for-files-using-windows

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 18:33
What hidden folders are you trying to find?

Kefrem
October 26th, 2016, 18:56
i want to be able to see the hidden folders so i can drop tokens into them. I had to get a new hard drive as my last one died finally. So ive had to reinstall the program. When i browse to the folder however there is no tokens folder..images folder..all that. Last time i had to show hidden folders to do that. I also *points up* went to that page and did what it said...no change.

Trenloe
October 26th, 2016, 19:11
OK, now I know what you're trying to do I can help. Click the "GM" button at the bottom of the token window, this will open the token\host directory FG is using for tokens. Shown in this short video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oOdW6SsMwsUlJnWHFQRTJEUG8/view?usp=sharing

There are other buttons within FG that take you to the relevant data directory:

If you want to get to the main FG App data directory, click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen.
If you're in a campaign and want to get to the campaign images directory (to load an image) click the "folder" button at the top of the Images window.