PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players - D&D 5e [Ultimate]

Tekkra
October 25th, 2016, 23:53
So here is a information for you, I have played D&D since the first edition. I still have those books on the shelf, and have enjoyed many a gaming group over the years. However, the edition that was the worst D&D ever conceived brought an end to most of the groups I was a part of. Many years later I finally decided that I would give 5e a look, and this brings us to today.

This will be my first campaign under Fantasy Grounds, and I have tried to do all the reading/preparation possible to get to know the system. The plan is to use Discord in conjunction with Fantasy Grounds to get the most out of the experience.

This campaign is a very long campaign - if completed it will take you from a starting character all the way to level 20. It is an old 3.5e campaign I have converted into 5e. This campaign has some massive sprawling dungeons, horrible unspeakable evils, allies that you will need to rely on in the most dangerous situations, and daily politics of a city. I expect that my characters will enjoy the dungeons challenges and role play between these. You should feel that you are shaping the world, not just destroying its denizens.

I currently have 2 people 100% committed to playing, with a maybe for a 3rd. Ideally I would find a total of 5 people to play. Currently looking at the possibility of running 4AM GMT Thursday (9PM Wednesday PST)

If you are interested let me know. I put it up on the calendar under "The shackled City".

irish_carbomb
October 26th, 2016, 00:18
I would be interested in finding a new group.. I am however on an alt list right now waiting to see if I will be accepted. But keep me in mind..

Zerbious
October 26th, 2016, 00:52
Good luck in finding people for your game, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Unfortunately for me, your game time will be midnight my time and I get up at 5:30am.

Tekkra
October 26th, 2016, 01:10
Well my time as GM is crazy flexible, and nothing about that time is locked, but its good to know if I don't find people for that exact time.

Tylindell28
October 26th, 2016, 03:44
I'm definitely interested and I may have a friend who can commit to the timeslot as well.

Tekkra
October 26th, 2016, 04:31
I tossed you an invite on the calendar so we can chat some more

Tylindell28
October 26th, 2016, 05:04
I don't know what happened to it but I don't have a notification about an invite. Maybe it's the website being weird?

Tylindell28
October 26th, 2016, 05:05
Can you pm me a link to the calendar and I can apply on it for you to accept it? Maybe it'd work better that way.

TalonHawk
October 26th, 2016, 06:56
I sent you a message, but just to let others give input, if the time could be pushed back two more hours it would work perfectly for me. An hour later and I might be a little late once in a while, but shouldn't be too much issue.

edit: I suck at figuring time zones, an hour later would be perfect, not two...

TalonHawk
October 26th, 2016, 07:03
Oh, and by the way, I have a lot of custom stuff I put in with Par5e. Dunno if you'd want it or not, bunch of races and some subclasses, etc.

TalonHawk
October 26th, 2016, 07:07
Ok, I am truly terrible with timezones apparently. The game calendar says 1AM my time for next play date, and that is the time that's perfect for me...

... if that's right, count me in!

Should we discuss character ideas? Allowing any custom stuff? SCAG? Is this set in Faerun?

TalonHawk
October 26th, 2016, 07:10
And if you need more players, I may know some folks

Tylindell28
October 26th, 2016, 07:10
Very cool, thank you.

Tekkra
October 26th, 2016, 20:54
There has some campaign specific minor custom things, but basically for me as the GM. As a player you will just have access to the core books for this campaign, no additional setting is there. It set in a region that could in theory exist in almost any of the rulesets.

justenrules
October 26th, 2016, 21:09
Is there still a slot open? If so I'm definitely interested.

Anubis Zorah
October 26th, 2016, 21:11
Hey brand new to Fantasy Grounds just downloaded the demo version. I used to play D&D 2e with my cousins and want to start playing D&D again. I live in Eastern timezone so I think this would take place at 11 AM for me which is fine. Are you still recruiting? Also what day are you building characters or should I come with a character ready? Sorry if I'm coming across like a dumb rookie I'm just excited and confused been forever since I played and Fantasy Grounds is very new to me as well. Do I need the character core pack or can someone share? I do not have any money to spend on this game.

TalonHawk
October 26th, 2016, 21:14
There has some campaign specific minor custom things, but basically for me as the GM. As a player you will just have access to the core books for this campaign, no additional setting is there. It set in a region that could in theory exist in almost any of the rulesets.

Standard point buy?

Are you ok with minor fluff changes, like renaming items but still keeping properties, etc.

Any info on region? Just looking for somewhere to set back story, although honesty it's simple enough it can be dropped anywhere.

Tekkra
October 26th, 2016, 22:30
Right now I have locked in 3 people, everyone else is still up in the air. So if you would like to see if you fit drop me a line.

There is no reason we can't have minor item changes that don't have massive impacts as this character will not be used somewhere else. I have designed custom classes/hybrids for characters before which usually end up mostly flavor text with a minor bonus given to players based on how they are playing the character.
So nothing is off the table as we progress, but at level one well you are level 1.

Background for characters location... (yes below is a link but I am a lowly nobody who can't post those)
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/map-faer%C3%BCn
I am going to plop our little universe in the middle of the Greypeak Mountains - Nice and remote, but still part of a larger universe.

HoloDarksbane
October 26th, 2016, 23:15
This looks glorious! I'll drop you a line.

santhinal
October 27th, 2016, 04:05
i would love to join, but i am in eastren standard or EST time zone so thats midnight for me too, been years since i played (started in 3e quit in near beginning of 4e because i could never find a full group for it anymore after moving) so i hope you understand if im a bit out of touch... also, do you allow custom traits? (im asking because i have a new character i made {lvl1 wizard} that has a trait that forces him to role a dex save in situations that would cause anxiety and if he fails it roles a d20 to see what happens {up to you what is on the table} as well as a couple traits that improve his insight and give him the ability to predict what his opponents might do.

santhinal
October 27th, 2016, 04:11
oh i also want to know if your fine with me making up a very minor noble family (wont have much bearing on the game, i made my backstory out to be the third son of said noble family) and if not, can you give me some last names of minor nobles in the rough area that might have a child that is a cross between human Tethyrian, and human illuskan?

Tekkra
October 28th, 2016, 01:15
I thank everyone for their interest in this campaign, it looks like I have found the trusty few might adventurers that feel up to the task. May their triumphs and defeats be forever wrought on the lands they are about to embark upon.

There is a strong possibility I may run this campaign again with other people since its no small task to write it up in FG.

Marzion
October 28th, 2016, 03:51
However, the edition that was the worst D&D ever conceived brought an end to most of the groups I was a part of. .

lol I assume you never liked 4e? :P It was and is still my favourite edition by far. I like them all but I can't give an honest review of 5e as I have only watched games and read some of the PHB but thus far it is probably my least favourite edition. I am still happy to play any version really. Anyhow, did you get enough players?

Tekkra
November 19th, 2016, 18:55
4e was the plague - trying to DM it was just plain stupid - it was by far the worst system ever thought of...which is why 5e is not based off it.

My 5th player seems that sadly he is not going to work out in this campaign - we are 2 sessions in (character creation and some backstory - and then getting into the first dungeon, players are still just lv 1 - but not for long)

I am looking for 1 more person - we run 7PM PST (3AM GMT - 10PM EST) - usually about 3.5 hours
If you are interested - drop me a private message - sign up over on the campaign page - hop in discord whatever
The more effort you put into this, the more likely I am to say yes.

jcoman1
November 28th, 2016, 23:28
If the day of the week was mentioned, I failed to see it. I am on the east coast but running up to midnight is not a problem once a week. I am available Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs. 9pm to midnight eastern. (6pm to 9pm pst) I might be talked into 8 or 8:30pm. I have an ultimate license and run a game on Friday nights. I just want to sit in as a player for a while. We use Discord, but have used Skype in the past too.

Optimusjim
December 3rd, 2016, 04:13
Hey,

I know this is an older post but are you still looking? I'm struggling to find a game that suits my time zone but I think this would be great.

Cheers

Tekkra
March 9th, 2017, 01:19
Life moves on, I am looking for a possible replacement for 1 person, still have 3 that have been here from the start. 7PM PST Wednesdays - message me or post here if you feel you might be a fit.

SethChaos
March 9th, 2017, 01:32
Well i am interested i would be new to 5e too i am from puerto rico but i can play at any time i am retired so hit me up i really would like to play thank you. Looking to play Monk and need to learn the race on 5e but willing to play long term

Rywn
March 9th, 2017, 02:37
Definitely interested time works well for me. Been trying to find a long term group.

Odin
March 9th, 2017, 19:53
I would be interested in joining. Any time after 5pm PST and gets me to bed by 11ish Mon-Fri works best for me.

I have played a lot of AD&D and 3.5, still a bit new to 5e, but liking the rules. And I'm new to FG.

Looking to play a Wizard, more support style than blast. thinking conjuration or illusion, or maybe even abjuration.

**EDIT** should note, while I would like to roll a wizard, I'm willing to fill any role that fit the group needs.

Asaraki
March 9th, 2017, 21:37
I am interested but i do have a question which will determine if i can play or not. How long do your sessions typically run?

khavi
March 10th, 2017, 00:55
I'm totally interested if you're still looking for players!

Tekkra
March 13th, 2017, 03:42
If you guys are interested send me a message, we start Wednesday at 7PM (PDT) stupid daylight savings time, and go 3 hours because that puts it at midnight central. That is as late as a few want to go. We have not missed a week yet, and have been going strong for 3 months.

Right now we have:
Warlock (great old one)
Rogue (arcane trickster)
Paladin
Fighter (the one probably moving on due to real life)

1. Picking a character for the group
So while I will not restrict you much, just keep the group makeup in mind.
You will also be starting out at level 6

2. Alignment - Overall I also want you as character to lean towards good, in my mind it means you will pick the side of good, but your alignment may shift your intentions or reasons, however there is no reason for an evil character to be a champion for good in a long term campaign. There is nothing wrong with some tension between characters, and can be a lot of fun, but downright hating someone you are with doesn't help a long term campaign.

3. I can take 1 or 2 players

Odin
March 13th, 2017, 05:34
i would absolutely be interested. I will send you a PM, Tekkra.