PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E FAQ's

Gwydion
October 25th, 2016, 20:52
Hey, everyone. So, I feel like I constantly look up some of the same D&D 5e questions during sessions. Things like, do you have to take a readied action or how far can a character jump. Sometimes these are player questions and sometimes I just forget. So, I created a fantasy grounds module FAQ! I went ahead and posted on the dmsguild mainly so that if any of you find it useful, you could download it. I couldn't post it here as it has PHB content. I included answers to the FAQ's in the module as well as links directly to the DD PHB Deluxe entries if you want to read further. Don't forget you need to own the PHB module AND have it open for the links to work. However, even if you don't use the links and don't own the DD PHB Deluxe, the content should still be useful.

I put this as pay what you want as I don't think you can put "free"! My intention is that you guys/gals use and enjoy. I'm really not looking for any payment. If I do something that is a lot more difficult in the future maybe I'll feel differently! :) Hope you all get some use out of it!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs

Zacchaeus
October 25th, 2016, 22:06
Nice work.

rob2e
October 25th, 2016, 22:17
Great job!

LordEntrails
October 25th, 2016, 23:27
Thanks for doing this. It looks very useful.

One suggestion, rather than putting the PHB links at the bottom on the table, what about putting them in the cell with the PHB page number reference? It would make them easier to get to when you are reading the FAQ entry.

rob2e
October 25th, 2016, 23:46
Thanks for doing this. It looks very useful.

One suggestion, rather than putting the PHB links at the bottom on the table, what about putting them in the cell with the PHB page number reference? It would make them easier to get to when you are reading the FAQ entry.

Fantasy Grounds doesn't allow links within tables. If it does, PLEASE let me know how to do that.

Gwydion
October 25th, 2016, 23:51
Fantasy Grounds doesn't allow links within tables. If it does, PLEASE let me know how to do that.

Yep. What Rob said. I did try to do that originally, though!

kalmarjan
October 25th, 2016, 23:53
I think you can put links in the table if it's a text control. I've done it before. Perhaps I did it by editing the XML, I'll have to dig up how I did it when I get home.

Gwydion
October 25th, 2016, 23:57
I think you can put links in the table if it's a text control. I've done it before. Perhaps I did it by editing the XML, I'll have to dig up how I did it when I get home.

That would be great! If you figure it out, let me know and I'll probably update the mod. I agree it would be more useful if the links were in the table. Thanks.

LordEntrails
October 26th, 2016, 00:31
Hmm, I thought you could.... I'l try to play with it too as I thought I had before. Maybe our friendly Canadian will get back to us with the answer before I do :)

MarianDz
October 26th, 2016, 07:58
nice work Gwydion

kp9911
October 26th, 2016, 09:43

+1 to my TO DO list if possible.

Dragontail
October 26th, 2016, 13:52
Very helpful ... Thanks!

Gwydion
October 26th, 2016, 14:05
Very helpful ... Thanks!

Awesome. If you find any mistakes or have additions, let me know. I'll keep it updated. I tried not to have it be overwhelming and answer ever question I could think of, but rather those that come up more often at least for me. Glad you find it helpful!

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 14:45
Hey, guys. Just wanted to say thanks for all the downloads! It might not be a lot for some, but for me seeing over 70 downloads is satisfying! One request. Can you all PM or just reply here if you have suggestions, additions, etc..? Would love to make it more useful to all of you if I can.

Gwydion
November 8th, 2016, 18:25
FYI, I just realized that with the update to 3.2 the DD-PHB Deluxe was modified as well. As such, the links in my FAQ module were no longer working. I just updated the module on the DM's Guild to map the links to the correct sections of the revised DD-PHB Deluxe. If you downloaded the module, you should receive a notification that there is a new file available. If your DD-PHB Deluxe updated, please make sure to download the revised FAQ file or the links in my module will not work.