PDA

View Full Version : DM Looking for Players - D&D 5e - Storm King's Thunder - Ultimate License

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 04:50
DM's FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: D&D 5e
Adventure: Storm King's Thunder
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (USA)
Proposed Day and Time: Fridays or Saturdays, starting at 7:30 PM and running until about 11:30pm
Frequency: Bi-weekly or Monthly
Duration: Long term campaign
Text or Voice: Voice chat, using Discord (https://discordapp.com/) or Skype

Hello, everyone!

I am interested in starting a bi-weekly or monthly D&D 5th Edition campaign based on the "Storm King's Thunder" adventure and would like to find 4-5 players to make it happen! Anything currently released by WotC is fair game character-wise. This will not be a PvP game so if you are interested in playing an evil-alligned character, this might not be a good fit for you. If you might be interested, please feel free to contact me here, by private message, or by e-mail (jorgevorg at gmail dot com)

Thank you all in advance for your interest! I look forward to hearing from you!

damned
October 25th, 2016, 07:55
Hohohoho Jorgevorg - it aint gonna happen.
You will never get 5 players for this :)

Good luck and have fun!

Drazulfel
October 25th, 2016, 14:37
Hohohoho Jorgevorg - it aint gonna happen.
You will never get 5 players for this :)

Why?

Gwydion
October 25th, 2016, 14:49
Why?

I think he was being facetious.. He will probably get way more than 5 interested players! :)

Lec
October 25th, 2016, 14:54
I'd be interested. I'm EST, Saturday at 7:30 would work for me but Friday it would need to be about an hour later. Also, did you mean an end time of 11:30pm?

But, I am new to 5e and FG (I've played in-person pathfinder before) so I'm not sure if that will be a problem.

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 15:35
Hey Lec!

The best thing about D&D 5e (or at least my game in particular) is that you don't need to be a D&D, 5e or even role playing expert to play and have a worthwhile / good time. ;) The 11:30am was, indeed, a typo which has been corrected! Thanks for spotting it. We can easily start at 8:00pm or 8:30pm if that is a more convenient time for the players.

If this works for you, let's talk character concepts! :)

SpicyLarry
October 25th, 2016, 15:58
Hey! I would definitely be interested in playing!

JadedBailey
October 25th, 2016, 16:02
Hi there! I am very new to Fantasy Grounds (bought a standard license & downloaded the application last night). It has been a while since I played D&D but am very interested in jumping back into a regular game. If there are still spots available, I would enjoy joining. Currently I am watching a ton of tutorials to get familiar with the FG application and should be semi-competent by the time a game starts.

Thanks!

Lec
October 25th, 2016, 16:08
Hey Lec!

The best thing about D&D 5e (or at least my game in particular) is that you don't need to be a D&D, 5e or even role playing expert to play and have a worthwhile / good time. ;) The 11:30am was, indeed, a typo which has been corrected! Thanks for spotting it. We can easily start at 8:00pm or 8:30pm if that is a more convenient time for the players.

If this works for you, let's talk character concepts! :)

That would work for me :)

I like to play characters that go against the grain. Like a half-orc wizard or a gnome barbarian fighter. I'm not much for evil campaigns or min/maxing things. I don't mind playing support either. This time around I'm leaning towards a halfling paladin, but I'm flexible playing something else if the party needs it.

SpicyLarry
October 25th, 2016, 16:22
I am central time but I could still make it work. I am a relatively experienced 5e player and new to FG, let me know if I can hop on and join! Thanks.

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 17:05
That would work for me :)
This time around I'm leaning towards a halfling paladin, but I'm flexible playing something else if the party needs it.

Sold! I have some interested players, but they made no commitments thus far and one of them just lost her job so she might not be able to play for a while for various obvious reasons. Still, among them, for sure we have a Tiefling Rogue.

So go ahead and roll up a 5e character if you're able and, if you're not, let's find a time when you can log into the campaign and utlize the drag-and-drop OGL goodness :) Additionally, I would love to see a paragraph on your character's back story but, failing that, the character sheet will take care of key personality points.

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 17:07
I am central time but I could still make it work. I am a relatively experienced 5e player and new to FG, let me know if I can hop on and join! Thanks.

There are still spots for new players!So go ahead and jump in. Do you have a character concept in mind?

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 17:08
Hi there! I am very new to Fantasy Grounds (bought a standard license & downloaded the application last night). It has been a while since I played D&D but am very interested in jumping back into a regular game. If there are still spots available, I would enjoy joining. Currently I am watching a ton of tutorials to get familiar with the FG application and should be semi-competent by the time a game starts.

Thanks!

Yep[, there are still spots available (though seems that they are going fast :) ). Do you have a character concept in mind?

SpicyLarry
October 25th, 2016, 17:12
where do i jump in? and I generally just fill in weaknesses in the party but I have a few characters in mind

Edit: I got it and have signed up! I look forward to playing!! I'm thinking maybe Druid or Barbarian, any suggestions?

Echomikedelta
October 25th, 2016, 17:57
I am interested in playing! I like playing priests, and have been a dnd fan since the early 80s.

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 18:02
I am interested in playing! I like playing priests, and have been a dnd fan since the early 80s.

That certainly predates my entry into the world of Dungeons and, occasionally, Dragons!

So, there's a fair amount of interest and due to that I would like to ask you all wonderful people to e-mail me your character concepts and background paragraphs at [email protected]. I will respond with the organizational e-mail thereafter!

Marzion
October 25th, 2016, 18:20
I would be very interested. Please let me know. :)

HoloDarksbane
October 25th, 2016, 18:26
Definitely interested! Ill send you some PM's.

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 18:33
I would be very interested. Please let me know. :)

Marzion, SpicyLarry, Lec, JadedBailey, Echomikedelta - please send me your character concepts and, if you like, a short paragraph on your character and your character's background via e-mail ([email protected]). Please put something like "D&D" in the subject so the e-mails will stand out. You are welcome to submit exported FGII character files or character sheets in PDF/text format if you prefer as well. if you need help to make a character, we can set a time for you to log into the campaign and get that done with easy in-line drag-and-drop OGL tools.

Incidentally, if you use gmail and other google tools, we can set up a Google Chat group to discuss these things further.

Thanks in advance! :)

irish_carbomb
October 25th, 2016, 18:40
I would like to be considered as an alt if your already full. I have a flexible schedule and have 3 PC's already rolled and ready to play (Warlock, Ranger, and Druid). I'll send you info on them.. Let me know if you have space.

Thanks

Echomikedelta
October 25th, 2016, 18:53
for stats are we doing point buy? or 4d6 - lowest die?

Jorgevorg
October 25th, 2016, 19:42
for stats are we doing point buy? or 4d6 - lowest die?

Standard Array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Echomikedelta
October 25th, 2016, 21:38
Email with character sent.

SpicyLarry
October 25th, 2016, 22:19
email sent

Dhamon
October 25th, 2016, 23:10
I you need any more i like to play i good with any day and i am in the EST i like to play a Paladin or what is need it

Echomikedelta
October 27th, 2016, 14:24
Is this on the game calendar yet? Haven't heard anything since submitting my character.

santhinal
October 28th, 2016, 01:43
i sent off my character, i'm also willing to adjust him as needed, (hes the lvl 1 wizard noble with the weird traits that i like to add to flesh out characters)

JadedBailey
October 28th, 2016, 17:49
I have sent my character concept out today and welcome any feedback.

Echomikedelta
October 31st, 2016, 18:49
Have any of you heard back about this adventure?

Jorgevorg
October 31st, 2016, 19:04
There are no more spots open for this game. Thanks to everyone who have responded and apologies to those who didn't make it!

Echomikedelta
October 31st, 2016, 19:39
Awesome, is there going to be a game put on the calendar or info coming out soon?

santhinal
November 1st, 2016, 02:28
it already is

Echomikedelta
November 1st, 2016, 14:14
I am not seeing it on the calendar, I was the first person to submit a character.

kamkor
November 2nd, 2016, 17:02
Is this game still recruiting? And I also didn't see it on the calander.

gingerknight1701
November 4th, 2016, 17:44
are u still recruiting players

jewslox
November 5th, 2016, 10:09
Super down to play. Thinking of playing wizard that uses spell components.

Edit: Nvm, I see you are filled.

Joe813210
November 5th, 2016, 16:47
Well, shoot. I put my character info in shortly after you had this posted, had no idea I was supposed to post in here after putting the character info in the game manager/calendar page. Apparently just new to the sign-up etiquette here. darn, darn, darn.