PDA

View Full Version : Token Bags - Am I doing these wrong?

BullyBoy
September 16th, 2005, 05:21
I can't get Token Bags to work. I have got 1.05c. I create a directory under FantasyGrounds\tokens\host and add new tokens to that directory. Then, when I open up FG, those new tokens are visible in the Token Box, not in a separate bag within in the box.

Am I doing something wrong?

This may be linked to another Token bug that I have (and have reported), where my default tokens were no longer visible after the patch to 1.05c. In order to see the default tokens, I had to copy FantasyGrounds\data\tokens\ to FantasyGrounds\tokens\shared\. Also, the middle mouse button no longer scrambles the tokens up, but that isn't a feature I use very munch anyways...

Alkaven
September 16th, 2005, 05:46
Uh... I notice I'm able to create bags by using the radial dial in the token box. Dunno if that helps any.

BullyBoy
September 16th, 2005, 06:41
Uh... I notice I'm able to create bags by using the radial dial in the token box. Dunno if that helps any.

The only option I get in the radial dial is to close the token box.

Razaan
September 16th, 2005, 07:10
In your campaign directory, delete the Tokens user setting file. It gets scrambled up easily if you change around your tokens alot.

BullyBoy
September 16th, 2005, 08:24
In your campaign directory, delete the Tokens user setting file. It gets scrambled up easily if you change around your tokens alot.

Just tried your suggestion, but it didn't fix any of my token problems.

Goblin-King
September 16th, 2005, 11:03
The only option I get in the radial dial is to close the token box.

There's something wrong other than just the folder structure I think. Are you using a custom ruleset? If you are, and it has been created prior to 1.04, you might be missing some changes implemented in that patch.

One of these was the request from users that the default tokens could be disabled because they didn't feel right for games with a modern/future genre. You need to have the following somewhere in your ruleset (in base.xml in the d20 set):

<tokenroot source="data\tokens" />

The missing menu options would be explained by this as well, if the token box control is missing some options in ui_utility.xml or similar.

BullyBoy
September 16th, 2005, 12:25
Are you using a custom ruleset?

No. Base standard install with 1.05c patch.

You need to have the following somewhere in your ruleset (in base.xml in the d20 set):

<tokenroot source="data\tokens" />

I did not have that line in my base.xml in the d20 set. I added it, but it still made no difference.

The missing menu options would be explained by this as well, if the token box control is missing some options in ui_utility.xml or similar.

This is the only token related code I can see in the ui_utility.xml file:

<windowclass name="tokenbag">
<frame name="tokenbag" />
<defaultsize width="350" height="353" />
<notokens />
<softclose />
<sheetdata>
<tokenbag>
<bounds rect="13,13,293,293" />
</tokenbag>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>