PDA

View Full Version : FG Emergency - TeamViewer to the Rescue

Minty23185Fresh
October 24th, 2016, 03:41
My group plays every Sunday afternoon. For the next session I’d be out of town vacationing. No biggie I’ll just take my laptop. The resort I’ll be at won’t require port forwarding of their router. At least they didn't last year. Come Wednesday afternoon my laptop crapped out. Thursday I went looking for a replacement but was unsuccessful. I’d used TeamViewer from Mexico about 8 months ago with success but it was with a laptop. Quick visit to their site, TeamViewer has an iPod app. (Okay you can quit laughing now!)

So Friday before I left home I turned on a couple PC’s, checked out TeamViewer connections and flew out. Sunday afternoon I remoted into one of the PCs using TeamViewer to remotely launch and run a session on my PC back home. This is not for the faint at heart. Imagine running Fantasy Grounds without a mouse. If you must resort to this you’ll be grumbling. But in full blown FG emergency mode, and when is the possibility of missing a DnD session not an emergency?, TeamViewer and a PC running back home might use be the answer.