PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems running Teamspeak and Syrinscape

Talen
October 23rd, 2016, 14:26
So I have viewed Doug's youtube post and a few others regarding the use of Teamspeak and Syrinscape for sound effects. I think I have the settings about right - but every time I tweak it, I get an unintended consequence. The two primary problems are that I'm getting my microphone into my headset and feeback from the continuously open sound effect channel.

I am using Voicemeeter Banana for the soundboard, Teamspeak, Windows 10 and a headset/mic combo. My settings are showing in the screenshots below. Windows 10 setting for RECORDING have the "Voicemeeter Output-VB-Audi Voicemeeter VAIO" as the Default Device and for PLAYBACK its the "Voicemeeter Input-VB-Audi Voicemeeter VAIO" as the Default Device. Any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2016, 16:48
1) Your "Default" profile should have it's capture set to your headset mic and it's playback set to your headset speakers. Playback is you hearing everything on the Teamspeak channel that profile is currently in.
2) You Music Bot or SFX (I see them called two different things in the screenshots - I'll use SFX in my description) should be set to have it's capture as a Virtual Audio cable. You can leave playback device for the SFX profile to anything - when you connect with that profile set the "Playback Profile" in the initial "Connect" window to "None". This is important - as you don't want your SFX profile playing back, you just want it to capture your music/SFX.
3) Back in Windows, Set your windows default playback device to be the capture Virtual Audio cable you set in #2. Then start Syrinscape, whcih will read this as the default device for it to play sounds to - thus allowing the Teamspeak SFX profile to capture the Syrinscape output. Once Syrinscape is running, along with any other SFX/music apps you might want to use, set the Windows default audio device back to what you want for normal windows sounds, etc. - probably your headset speakers.
4) Run TeamSpeak and connect with your two profiles - for Default keep the usual settings, for SFX on the connect screen set the playback profile to "None".
5) Start playing music.

Key things here: you only use the virtual audio cable to allow Windows apps to send their output to the SFX profile capture side - you don't use it for anything else. You disable the playback profile when you connect with the SFX channel - you don't want double playback, only playback on the default channel through your headset speakers.

Talen
October 23rd, 2016, 19:22
Trenloe - thanks as always for the help! While I had to make a couple changes - I *think* this is fixed and the key as you pointed out was disabling the playback within teamspeak for the FX channel. Thanks!