PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] 1 Player Evening/late night games prefer 5e

zolrac01
October 23rd, 2016, 04:27
Will be following the format on the sticky as close as possible!

FG License: Demo at this time.

Time Zone: CST

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for weekly or biweekly, late evenings. I work nights, sometimes non-consistent, so would need to see what days your group meets and try to work my schedule around that.

Term: Ultimately want to end up in a level 1-20 campaign, but am not opposed to one shots either.

Voice: Yes, I can speak

Game System Preferred: Prefer 5e, but would not mind Savage Worlds, specifically 50 Fathoms.

Game System Experience: Am new to roleplaying, getting my feet wet with 5e, buying the three core books and reading them as toilet literature and playing briefly in a campaign to level 8. Also started playing 50 Fathoms over roll20, but lost my DM to the abyss that is World of Warcraft.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand spankin' new baby! Would like to get very comfortable with the software. I can see myself buying the ultimate edition and one day making campaigns of my own, but first need to learn before I can teach.

Character Type Preferred: I will play whatever the game calls for. As far as what I am good at? Definitely not a good murderhobo. I am comfortable being a knight-in-shining-armor, optimistic good news healer, or sleezy wench loving (even man-wench, my character's love knows no bounds) bard.

About me: I hope by this point I have pieced together something of who I am and what I can potentially bring to your group. If not, then stay awhile and listen.

My tale begins at a young age with video games. I grew up in a religious home, so Dungeons and Dragons was a taboo group of words in the house. Video games became my gateway drug into geekdom. I have always enjoyed the adventure that the gaming medium could bring. Games that were heavy in story drew me in and helped define my preference. I remember being blown away with games on the PC such as Conquests of Camelot. My first ever RPG was Chrono Trigger. Not long after, I discovered Final Fantasy.

My first real break into tabletop was when I was introduced to Magic: the Gathering. The game helped me see that there were other amazing styles of games out there not limited to the video game medium. Magic also helped me connect the dots of the absurdity of claims made against "satanic" games. I remember my mother freaking out about my Magic cards and worried that I had made some sort of pack with dark forces. Seeing the hysteria first hand against something as benign as Magic made me more receptive to other forms of the dark arts. I eventually made my way into my first role playing game sometime last year. It was a blast! I felt like my youth had been robbed! So here I am, trying to make up for lost time.

My goal is to truly experience a campaign in all its glory; to know what it is to live in a story that I and my group helped forge, to fight our way though insurmountable odds and retire a ripe old age, where I can spend the rest of my days drinking in a tavern and telling tales that no other bar patron will believe, but will be entertained to hear nonetheless. For they shall say, " There goes crazy ol' Zol and his tales of saving the realm again! Tell us again how you were offered the kingdom, but instead wound up here in this dank tavern with us fine folk!"

TL : DR - I want to play. Invite me in your game.