PDA

View Full Version : LFPs 5e - Unknown Whom (by Rob2e) 3-4 sessions beginning Sunday, Oct. 29th

Gwydion
October 22nd, 2016, 23:37
UPDATE - GAME IS NOW FULL. THANKS, EVERYONE!

CORRECTION - THIS IS FOR SUNDAY, OCT. 30TH FOR 3-4 SESSIONS

So, I'm looking to run Rob2e's Unknown Whom module. This is a very non-standard 5E module in that everyone starts at level zero and you build your characters to start the game. (You will get to 3rd level by the end of the game). You will roll your characters, so be prepared! No point buy. Old school. You will roll 4d6 for each stat (in order) and drop the lowest die.

If you are up for the challenge, PM me! If someone has a group of 4 already, I'm happy to run them through this. BTW, Rob ran me through this with a group of players a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. That is still the only game I've actually been able to be a player in!

Also, NEW PLAYERS ARE FINE!! I have no problem running new fg players through this. I think both experienced adventurers and new adventurers will have fun so if we have a party of all new adventurers, I'm fine with that, it just may take us a bit longer to get through the module. Game will start next Sunday, October 30th at 6:00 am MDT (which for UTC/GMT 0 is noon), and will run 3-4 sessions.

One more thing. I will be streaming the sessions on twitch and uploading them to youtube, so please only sign up if you are ok with your voice being taped and published. I do this as I want to expose more new players to fantasygrounds and 5e.

See below for more info.

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can play even with the demo)

Game System: D&D 5e

Day of week and time: Sundays, Beginning October 30th (6:00 AM MDT - 10:00 AM MDT); (noon UTC-0 - 4:00 pm UTC-0)

Duration: 3-4 sessions (4 hours/session)

Text or Voice: Mostly voice

Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Number of Players: 4

Character restrictions: You will build your character as part of game session #1. No characters built in advance! We will be using Player's Handbook, Elemental Evil Supplement, and Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for races. Only races that will be excluded are the Aarakocra and the Human-variant.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I'd say 40/60 (but probably more depends on the group's personality)

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2233

Story: This uniquely styled adventure involves players starting out with little information about the characters they will play. No characters are prepared in advance. This is a nonstandard method of play. Player characters only know their names, ability scores, race, and background. This adventure was created to give the feeling we got as kids just starting out with D&D. It will be great for new players and seasoned vets alike. Let the chaos begin…

About me: I'm still a pretty new DM (less than a year and only a few groups), but learning all the time and know fantasy grounds pretty well. I try to listen to what the players want during the adventure. In my view, I'm doing this for you guys and if you don't like something I'm doing, I'll try to adapt!

Gwydion
October 23rd, 2016, 16:18
*bump*

justenrules
October 24th, 2016, 02:37
I'm a relatively new player, player, played one 5e campaign in person and one on FG, this sounds like an interesting game and I'd love to sign up.

Yatsuo
October 24th, 2016, 03:14
I'd be interested as well. I've never played 5th Ediition, but quite familiar with other versions of D&D. Not sure if I'd need to own rule books or not? Also, I'm a bit familiar with FG and have no problems having my voice recorded.
Thanks!

Gwydion
October 24th, 2016, 04:15
I'm a relatively new player, player, played one 5e campaign in person and one on FG, this sounds like an interesting game and I'd love to sign up.

You're in! Thanks for signing up. Should be fun!

Gwydion
October 24th, 2016, 04:18
I'd be interested as well. I've never played 5th Ediition, but quite familiar with other versions of D&D. Not sure if I'd need to own rule books or not? Also, I'm a bit familiar with FG and have no problems having my voice recorded.
Thanks!

All you need is the demo license. I'll have everything else and we will create characters during the first session. Glad you're up for it! I just sent you an invite to the game through the calendar. Once you accept you are in! I'll send more info this week.

Gwydion
October 24th, 2016, 04:26
Hey guys. Somehow I screwed up the calendar. I'll fix it tomorrow but it should be Sunday mornings starting next Sunday 10/30 at 6:00 am MDT. Sorry about that. Still love to have you but understand if you can't since it as posted as Saturday. Will fix in the am.

Tylindell28
October 24th, 2016, 04:59
Ok, I'd like to play. I'm experienced with 5e and fg. this will be fairly early for me, but that won't be a problem. Do you plan on continueing with the group to othr 5e modules afterwards?

Gwydion
October 24th, 2016, 13:20
Ok, I'd like to play. I'm experienced with 5e and fg. this will be fairly early for me, but that won't be a problem. Do you plan on continuing with the group to other 5e modules afterwards?

Awesome. I'll send an invite from the game calendar, but you are in. I don't know about the future. My schedule is tough and hard for me to commit to long-term, but if the group really gels and we can figure something out, I'm open to it. Glad to have you!

Gwydion
October 24th, 2016, 13:24
Thanks, guys. So long as everyone is still good starting Sunday, Oct. 30th, we have 3 of our 4 players! Just looking for one more.

Teufelhunde87
October 24th, 2016, 21:21
Great module for anyone that isn't sure about it! Played this at FG-CON and loved it!
Greg

Gwydion
October 25th, 2016, 13:19
Thanks, Greg! I do think it is a cool module. So far we have two confirmed and a third who I think is in. Yatsuo, please accept the invite from the game calendar, respond in this thread or PM me so I know you are in. Still looking for one more! Let me know if you're interested!

Jimbo
October 26th, 2016, 23:23
I'd like to play if you still need one more. I'm very new and have only played 3.5 a little, but would love to jump in and learn.

Gwydion
October 27th, 2016, 00:09
I'd like to play if you still need one more. I'm very new and have only played 3.5 a little, but would love to jump in and learn.

No problem at all. Waiting for others to confirm but haven't heard so I'd love to have you. Here is the link to the calendar. If you can sign up there you're in! PM me if you have any issues/questions. Looking forward to it!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2233

Gwydion
October 27th, 2016, 00:24
Just accepted you Jimbo. Thanks for joining! I'll confirm one more and we will have our party of 4. I will start PM'ing you guys once we have our full party with my server alias, teamspeak channel info, etc. Looking forward to it.

Chemir
October 27th, 2016, 11:10
I used to play 3.5E way back when with a group of friends. I've played a few games of 5E with FG, but cannot by no means claim mastery over the rules (yet). :)

The module sounds rather interesting, and I like the idea of letting the RNG to play a role in character creation. I'd like to join if there's room, possibly sign in as an alternate if you by some misfortune lose a player? I've signed via the calendar as well.

Gwydion
October 27th, 2016, 13:28
Thanks, Chemir! It is a fun module. You are definitely in as an alternate. I'm going to reach out to the two players who expressed interest but have not signed up and if they don't respond by tomorrow morning, I'll add you as the fourth player. Just want to give them every opportunity, but I haven't heard back so I want someone in who wants to play! I'll let you know sometime tomorrow morning (Denver time). Thanks again!

dkaplan73
October 28th, 2016, 19:56
If you're still looking for players or alternates, I'd love to play. I'm experienced with both FG and D&D. Let me know, thanks!

Gwydion
October 28th, 2016, 22:19
Thanks! I will definitely keep you in mind as an alternate. I've got a full game now. Actually one more than planned but it should work out fine. If anyone drops I will PM you. Thanks for the interest!