PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Advanced bestiary on FG 3.2.0

Fussimohr
October 21st, 2016, 14:15
I purchased the advanced bestiary for my 3.5 campaign yesterday. Unfortunally the added Tool "NPC factory" doesn't work. It says:

"Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (npcsmall) for control (source_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (npcsmall) for control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (source_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (source_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(source_npcs_iedit) anchoring to an undefined control (source_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(source_npcs_iedit) anchoring to an undefined control (source_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(output_npcs_iedit) anchoring to an undefined control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(output_npcs_iedit) anchoring to an undefined control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(output_npcs_iedit) anchoring to an undefined control (output_npcs) in windowclass (template_npc_factory_main)"

every time i start it.

I tried it with a downgrade to FG 3.1.7. Suddenly the Tool works. But downgrading ist no option, because i use the Table-Tool, not linked in FG 3.1.7 (but the made tables linked work in my story-screens).

1. Is there a major problem with FG 3.2.0 and the advanced bestiary?
2. If there's and I downgrade to FG 3.1.7, how can I create tables there?

Edit: Found it- not one of the nice Push-Buttons. But not a good excuse. :D

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2016, 15:35

1. Is there a major problem with FG 3.2.0 and the advanced bestiary?
2. If there's and I downgrade to FG 3.1.7, how can I create tables there?

0) Welcome the community. Glad to have you :)
1) It appears so. I don't have the Adv Bestiary so I can not confirm. Someone with it will be along shortly to confirm it though. I assume you tried it with a completely new campaign with no extensions?
2) You can create tables in 3.1.7, but it sounds like you are wanting to use some of the new table functions that are only available in 3.2?

Also, you do know 3.2 is a beta/test release right? Identifying these types of errors is why it is available to us :) It's great for testing, but I don't think anyone would suggest you do your regular "production" gaming in it until it is released.

Trenloe
October 21st, 2016, 16:41
Thanks for reporting. I've reported this in the v3.2.0 test release thread. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32034-Test-Release-v3-2-0

Fussimohr
October 21st, 2016, 20:20
0) Welcome the community. Glad to have you :)
1) It appears so. I don't have the Adv Bestiary so I can not confirm. Someone with it will be along shortly to confirm it though. I assume you tried it with a completely new campaign with no extensions?
2) You can create tables in 3.1.7, but it sounds like you are wanting to use some of the new table functions that are only available in 3.2?

Also, you do know 3.2 is a beta/test release right? Identifying these types of errors is why it is available to us :) It's great for testing, but I don't think anyone would suggest you do your regular "production" gaming in it until it is released.

Apologize my bad manners: Glad to be part of the community. :)

Btw. - to give something back - I have imported the 3.5E DMG random magic item lists to produce an avalanche of dices for getting a ready to pick up Loot-Parcel for every ECL up to 20.
Everyone who want this feature, can send me a message. I will pack it into a module. When the big issue solved here I'll start a thread for this little gift.

To refer to your second question Lord Entrails:
How can I create tables in 3.1.7? - there's no campaign-tool button to reach the feature easily. This would be an emergency solution as far as the trouble with 3.2.0 exists.

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2016, 21:21
Apologize my bad manners: Glad to be part of the community. :)

Btw. - to give something back - I have imported the 3.5E DMG random magic item lists to produce an avalanche of dices for getting a ready to pick up Loot-Parcel for every ECL up to 20.
Everyone who want this feature, can send me a message. I will pack it into a module. When the big issue solved here I'll start a thread for this little gift.

To refer to your second question Lord Entrails:
How can I create tables in 3.1.7? - there's no campaign-tool button to reach the feature easily. This would be an emergency solution as far as the trouble with 3.2.0 exists.

Apology accepted, but I don't think you did anything wrong. Sorry if I implied such :)

I'm not sure what you mean by loot parcel, but if its WotC's IP, please don't distribute it. People are pretty careful here not to infringe on anything. If it's OGL/SRD data, I'm sure it would be appreciated if it hasn't already been done. I don't do much 3.5 (and only as a player now) so I'm not sure. But you can checkout the 3.5/PFS sub-forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?63-3-5E-Pathfinder) as I think most everything that's OGL has already been done there.

So, tables in FG (where you can roll etc) are documented on the wiki at this page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables). In general their is a button on the top right side that gets you into the tables list. 15800

From there you can create and use tables. This should be very similar in 3.1.7 and in 3.2, so I'm a bit concerned that I'm misunderstanding you. I haven't explored 3.2 yet (been busy with FG Con and other projects). So if that's not what you're talking about, just say so :)

ddavison
October 21st, 2016, 21:57
I just pushed a hotfix for this. Please run a Check for Updates and let me know if you still experience any issues with it.