PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring RESIST, is there a way to do this as a weapon property?

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 01:40
For this or IMMUNE, I know that this has to have been asked before, I may have asked. Any ideas or ways?

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2016, 02:45
Adding the magic property to a weapon will automatically overcome resistance or immunity where a creature ignores damage from non magical weapons. You can also add magic to the damage type along with others such as silver and adamantine. So if something does 1d6 slashing damage change that to 1d6 slashing, magic.

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 03:43
Okay, that's what I've been defaulting to.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2016, 03:45
Is that not sufficient for your purpose?

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 03:47
Thank you!

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 03:47
Just wondering if there was an effect that could be built into something other than just adding magic.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2016, 04:09
Well not really. Immunity or resistance is to a type or types of damage unless it is magical. So you kind of need the magic keyword in there somewhere otherwise FG isn't going to know that the incoming damage is going to bypass the immunity or resistance
What sort of scenario were you envisaging that would need an effect rather than using a keyword added to the weapon?

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 05:16
See, I hadn't really thought of it that way, or like that. The 'unless it's magical' part at least.

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 06:39
We have a sword in the campaign that ignores resistance to Slashing, and Immune becomes resistance, so it is currently applicable to that particular item.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2016, 14:42
I think you may have asked this before but I can't find the post. Didn't someone come up with a solution of adding the VULN effect onto the target or some such? I could be thinking of someone or something else of course.

pauljmendoza
October 21st, 2016, 17:58
I think I did in the past as this campaign has trundled on for a while, like I said but couldn't find it as well.